Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bhaal posted:

CRUZ:YES for the SC primary seemed like a good bet to make at 36c. I'm nowhere near 100% sure it will happen that way, but seems a drat sight better than 36%

That market isn't liquid enough yet though. I've got 600 shares at 34, but there's basically nothing available up to 39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

District Selectman posted:

His lack of organization appears to be a problem in NH too. From the same article:

Trump is not Reagan in 80. Trump is closer to Reagan in 76 if anything, which is still a stretch. Reagan had already been a conservative darling for decades. He had the conservative machine (that was soon to come into power) working for him. Trump has no political allies because he's been a politician for about 5 minutes.
Like I was saying, he's Buchanan in '96. Ideologically the same more or less. Wins NH, picks off a smattering of Southern states while getting blown out everywhere else.

But I'm not betting on it yet.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

Like I was saying, he's Buchanan in '96. Ideologically the same more or less. Wins NH, picks off a smattering of Southern states while getting blown out everywhere else.

But I'm not betting on it yet.

This is also the perfect scenario for a split convention. Trump falters after winning a few, Rubio takes the coasts and Cruz the flyover.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
New poll markets kiddos! Trump 35, Cruz 20, Rubio 15, Carson 7, and Bush! Will he make 5%?!!

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Aliquid posted:

This is also the perfect scenario for a split convention. Trump falters after winning a few, Rubio takes the coasts and Cruz the flyover.

I would buy Romney at 0.1 cents or so if such a thing were possible, just so I could buy a ton and have an amazing sweat if he were to be drafted at the convention. Alas, even two cents is far too high a price for me.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What about buying Kasich No and Haley No for the Republican VP nomination?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Nirvikalpa posted:

Won't resolve for about 6 months, which is a long time to hold onto something that is trading in the upper 70's or 80's. Also both are as qualified as anyone and would bring something to the ticket (like Ohio and women) and you could get burned if they really are picked. I'm not biting.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Won't resolve for about 6 months, which is a long time to hold onto something that is trading in the upper 70's or 80's. Also both are as qualified as anyone and would bring something to the ticket (like Ohio and women) and you could get burned if they really are picked. I'm not biting.

Yeah I bought $100 of hillary DNOM and I just want to get rid of it now. It's starring me in the face every time I load up the site..idk what I was thinking!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

OrangeKing posted:

I would buy Romney at 0.1 cents or so if such a thing were possible, just so I could buy a ton and have an amazing sweat if he were to be drafted at the convention. Alas, even two cents is far too high a price for me.

You would buy a ton at 0.1 cent each, but not a twentieth of a ton at 2 cents?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Congrats

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Nirvikalpa posted:

I think buy penny yes shares on all of them and flipping them later is the best option

Edit: for the other no chance nominees

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fuschia tude posted:

You would buy a ton at 0.1 cent each, but not a twentieth of a ton at 2 cents?

Is that surprising?

They cost the same, but have wildly different payouts.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
My best bet so far (the wager was $2000 [$2 USD] on Fiorina doing less than 14.12% of the Iowa caucus vote, made at the height of her bump):

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

fishmech posted:

$2000 [$2 USD]

the dollar is maybe a little too strong atm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OrangeKing posted:

Been doing that for months every time I have spare change, it's a fun little project. The Perrys may not be that smart

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/694694897459265536

Hmmmmm

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

the most completely predictable thing in the world is occurring

weird

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

pathetic little tramp posted:

New poll markets kiddos! Trump 35, Cruz 20, Rubio 15, Carson 7, and Bush! Will he make 5%?!!

I've bet against bush poll numbers every time and january was the first month I lost, will definitely be betting against him in february.

Edit: not at 70c a no share though, I'll wait for it to come down

EngineerSean has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Feb 3, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Has there been any reason given for them not paying out the Bush Drop Out Before Iowa market?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gyges posted:

Has there been any reason given for them not paying out the Bush Drop Out Before Iowa market?

You mean the delay? Because I see it as paid out now.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Platystemon posted:

PAid out means the funds are available to use.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Platystemon posted:

I still haven't got my money. It's listed as closed but I've still got my 570 shares sitting there locking up my money. I could be using that money to place more bets that JEB gonna fail.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

:getin:

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Seems clear Trump is going to fall dramatically this week, but given how poorly cruz fits in NH and the fact that the establishment lane is still a total cluster, I'm going to start building a position in Rubio NH 2nd place.

I'm all in on 3-2-? for Rubio. He won't have enough breathing room to take 1st anywhere until kasich/christie/jeb/etc start dropping

Anyone else buying anything in NH 2nd?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm wary of NH until I see post-Iowa polling but from where it stands right now, Trump wins. I think Kasich/Bush/Christie do the crabs in the bucket thing with Rubio at the debate, and Cruz can't appeal to ~28% of the voters.

2nd is an iffy market because it could theoretically be Cruz, Rubio, Trump or Kasich, imo in order of likelihood.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gyges posted:

I still haven't got my money. It's listed as closed but I've still got my 570 shares sitting there locking up my money. I could be using that money to place more bets that JEB gonna fail.

I was unaware that a market could stay expired that long without paying out.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

thethreeman posted:

Seems clear Trump is going to fall dramatically this week, but given how poorly cruz fits in NH and the fact that the establishment lane is still a total cluster, I'm going to start building a position in Rubio NH 2nd place.
I like this... so much that I put some money on it! :pgabz:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thethreeman posted:

I'm all in on 3-2-? for Rubio. He won't have enough breathing room to take 1st anywhere until kasich/christie/jeb/etc start dropping

Anyone else buying anything in NH 2nd?

Idk dude. Cruz is a piece of poo poo and it's IOWA.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

I was unaware that a market could stay expired that long without paying out.

Back in June or July, Greece rejecting their referendum took two and a half weeks to pay out after closing.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Aliquid posted:

I'm wary of NH until I see post-Iowa polling but from where it stands right now, Trump wins. I think Kasich/Bush/Christie do the crabs in the bucket thing with Rubio at the debate, and Cruz can't appeal to ~28% of the voters.

2nd is an iffy market because it could theoretically be Cruz, Rubio, Trump or Kasich, imo in order of likelihood.

Rubio and Trump have a better chance than Cruz of getting 2nd.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FourLeaf posted:

Rubio and Trump have a better chance than Cruz of getting 2nd.

My logic is if the second-tier establishment focus their hate/money on Rubio, it could shake out Trump-Cruz-Rubio. If one of them actually catches fire, it could be Trump-Kasich-Cruz, for instance. I don't think I see a scenario where Cruz is 4th, I definitely see him as a solid 2.5.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rubio is just so drat acceptable to a huge section of the party. I'm basing a lot of my thought on the rest of the GOPe ripping him to shreds.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Aliquid posted:

2nd is an iffy market

exactly :getin:

a cop posted:

Idk dude. Cruz is a piece of poo poo and it's IOWA.

what do you mean? Are you saying he has a chance at 2nd in NH?

Aliquid posted:

Rubio is just so drat acceptable to a huge section of the party. I'm basing a lot of my thought on the rest of the GOPe ripping him to shreds.

yeah, my theory is that this is what keeps him out of 1st place though, not 2nd. I might be overpaying for "momentum" narratives though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My gut feeling is that Kasich will disappoint in New Hampshire, like Jon Huntsman placing 3rd in 2012, and then drop out.

I think Cruz bombs there, mainly based on my own voodoo which says that NH spits out the Iowa winner like bad acid, and that evangelicals don't do well there.

But Cruz stays in the race because hey he won Iowa :shrug: and he's not expected to do well in NH anyways.

Trump is still heavily favored for 1st and he's got the Buchananite mojo which has worked there. That leaves Rubio and Bush for 2nd. Christie is a joke.

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/694676555147186176

These predictions subject to revision!

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:17 on Feb 3, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thethreeman posted:

what do you mean? Are you saying he has a chance at 2nd in NH?

I mean it's very possible that Iowa was a fluke and Trump will continue to dominate.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Aliquid posted:

...because they've been so effective all this season?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fuschia tude posted:

...because they've been so effective all this season?

At keeping one of their own from emerging as a GOPe consensus candidate? They sure have been.

Attacks work, but all they do is increase that candidate's negatives. Again, crabs in a bucket.

UrAClassAct
Apr 10, 2012
RIP TRUMP

RIP IN PEACE

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP TRUMP

RIP IN PEACE

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

UrAClassAct posted:

RIP TRUMP

RIP IN PEACE

the Trump NOs i can understand

but why the gently caress would you buy Cruz YES and not Rubio YES????? Especially since this week right now is probably Cruz's peak, so you may not even be able to flip them for profit later.

• Locked thread