Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Testing? That's for chumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Nordick posted:

The fact they apparently expected that to hold baffles the hell out of me.

This is perfect, the fact the rope could have just slipped over the head completely, but grabbed that chin, the flying head taking out the ladder, poetry.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ultrabindu posted:

It's in beta.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

ultrabindu posted:

Starwars battlefront is looking good.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mister Kingdom posted:

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Mary-Anne fetch the rifle them dang sci-en-tologists are in the field again

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Those are some seriously good graphics. The white guy looks really life like, I was very confused when I started watching. What is this?

Also, this rules.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That was a hell of a reversal :stare:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Would someone be able to combine these two gifs so it's a slow zoom of the doll head on private pyle's body?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

trapped mouse posted:

Those are some seriously good graphics. The white guy looks really life like, I was very confused when I started watching. What is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOT_3U4rZM

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Oh God I know that couch! It's the British guy who reviews poo poo he finds down at the one pound store or whatever.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Electric Dragon 8000V.

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Just Offscreen posted:

Oh God I know that couch! It's the British guy who reviews poo poo he finds down at the one pound store or whatever.

Yep, Ashens. I wonder how much he's spent on all that stuff.

Egg Master Review

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/Ygu9XJS.gifv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

http://i.imgur.com/zav4M9f.webm

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:laffo:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kitsch! posted:

Yep, Ashens. I wonder how much he's spent on all that stuff.

Egg Master Review

A pound, I'm assuming.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/VDNSWb8.webm

http://i.imgur.com/5D7nJNT.webm

http://i.imgur.com/tMdsLan.webm

http://i.imgur.com/rvPjCRM.webm

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Yeah, that's about how I expected CM Punk's first fight to go.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Lord of Pie posted:

AAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

That is some shockingly bad acting.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HBomb posted:

fire is a force of nature actually but cool insight

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

HBomb posted:

You can tell it's fake because literally no one on Earth films poo poo with an actual camera anymore, let alone zooms in randomly like The Office.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/BouJ3Ua.webm

Source

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I was really hoping this would be another Deadpool thingy.

But I'll take any hot Ryan Reynolds on Ryan Reynolds action I can get.

dumb. has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Feb 3, 2016

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0IJqIzO_YM

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
If I ever get tired of my avatar this will be my new jam

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The fact that he then goes ahead with the dramatic flourish once it works at the end slays me.

The Lego games are almost universally completely charming and on-point, and exist in that rare zone where you parody the source material while simultaneously respect it. The combination of a video game, movie tie-in and toy tie-in should by all means be a complete shitshow of developers phoning in an almost guaranteed seller, but whoever does the lego games clearly takes pride in their work.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Except for the part where they're full of bugs, yeah, they're great fun.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Also lack of online multiplayer. :saddowns:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Breetai posted:

The fact that he then goes ahead with the dramatic flourish once it works at the end slays me.

The Lego games are almost universally completely charming and on-point, and exist in that rare zone where you parody the source material while simultaneously respect it. The combination of a video game, movie tie-in and toy tie-in should by all means be a complete shitshow of developers phoning in an almost guaranteed seller, but whoever does the lego games clearly takes pride in their work.

I've tried playing 3 and they all felt like the exact same thing with different color guys and different settings, like they were just reskinning the same game over and over and changing level layouts to match source material. I couldn't find any enjoyment after the first one. Are there new features or gimmicks introduced ever?

Forti
May 5, 2009

Breetai posted:

, but whoever does the lego games clearly takes pride in their work.

I know a few of them. They don't, really.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I've tried playing 3 and they all felt like the exact same thing with different color guys and different settings, like they were just reskinning the same game over and over and changing level layouts to match source material. I couldn't find any enjoyment after the first one. Are there new features or gimmicks introduced ever?
They're all essentially the same game with a different skin. If you like the thing a Lego game is themed after you might enjoy playing around with it and collecting a million characters, cheats, vehicles and so on. If you don't care about the theme you probably won't like the game.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Judge Schnoopy posted:

There isn't really a ton of variety in the gameplay. They're usually just "go over there, punch those dudes, use lego ability here, struggle against poorly designed architecture." The real appeal comes from being a fan of whichever property game you are playing. Despite it's flaws, Lego Batman 3 was great fun because it allowed me to travel around the DC universe as like 150 different superheroes who all acted more or less uniquely.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Judge Schnoopy posted:

They're the same in the same way Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4 are the same. Same game engine, slightly spruced up graphics. They did finally add a 2 player split screen so I'm not yelling at my kid to move things along.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Breetai posted:

I say the same thing about the movie. Literally anybody in hollywood, or outside of hollywood could have turned a massive, crazy profit by making GBS threads out ANY sort of lego movie, but they went ahead and made it something really great.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I got Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and love it. The only bad things I have to say about it are the dynamic split-screen is garbage, sometimes I got stuck because I couldn't identify what an object was and what power to use for it, and not being able to change you camera controls sucks (lemme invert the y-axis you dicks!). As far as bugs go, sometimes I've jumped into spots and gotten stuck, but then I just switch to another teammate and the computer gets me out.

The line between "getting" the characters and not giving a gently caress and just being silly is walked perfectly. Tons of love for the license that put a big smile on my face (one of the special objectives is to constantly rescue Lego Stan Lee, there are special Deadpool missions where he addresses the player and puts you into weird scenarios, the Merry Marvel Marching Society plays over the credits) and it's just always remembering that games should be about having fun.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

hooah posted:

Except for the part where they're full of bugs, yeah, they're great fun.

I used to work for those guys and take this with a massive grain of salt because I only worked in QA and left ages ago so things might not be accurate anymore, but the development cycles for these things are around like six months, so with the stuff I worked on they didn't have time to fix a lot of the bugs, just the REALLY 100% MAJOR STUFF.

Forti posted:

I know a few of them. They don't, really.

I also remember getting this vibe a lot. I mean, I imagine it gets REALLY stale to remake the same game 3 or 4 times every year.

Anyway, back on topic:

Disproportionation has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!