Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Speedball posted:

When Fallout 4 appropriated most of the good mod ideas from New Vegas like customizable settlements or Nuclear Storms I don't think they credited those modders.

You mean Hearthfire 2 and blow-outs?

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Anyone have word on when GMG is sending out codes?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Deuce posted:

Friends In Low Places certainly gets tougher due to its early arrival, greater pod size, and patrols. The key is to retreat back to the high cover gravestones at the very back and camp out, trying to lure just one pod at a time. Also, bring rockets.

Juuuuust wait until you see what they did with Gangplank.

Friends in Low Places feels like an absolute trap first time around. Move forward even slightly, activate 3 pods and get hosed by Acid 'suppression'.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 31, 2022

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Maluco Marinero posted:

Friends in Low Places feels like an absolute trap first time around.

So does Newfoundland. First time I played I thought the point of the mission was "you are now required to pick one of your guys to sacrifice or lose a nation from the council" to teach players about building depth in their ranks.

Second time I was much better prepared and realized how bad my first run was.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Fond memories of beating the high ethereal in dumb ways. First victory (EU Normal), blaster bomb to the face. Second victory, (EW Classic) Mec-punch to the face. That final boss is a chumpo

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off

Astro Ambulance posted:

Fond memories of beating the high ethereal in dumb ways. First victory (EU Normal), blaster bomb to the face. Second victory, (EW Classic) Mec-punch to the face. That final boss is a chumpo

Wish I could claim Mec punch level shenanigans for the final bossmans. Fairly standard Alloy Canon to the back (First win EU Classic), and plasma sniped from the final chamber door before he could even get clause deep into his motive rant (Second win EW impossible)

I don't like monologues

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I hope it's very simple to mod the blade to 100% hit rate, because it seems very odd to make it have a chance to miss, while a shotgun from that range does more damage and can't miss. I know part of this is Beagle's playstyle, which is all the explosives all the time, but support doesn't really seem to shine. I guess we'll need to wait for a Long War ish mod to balance things to where you will get into firefights more? Very odd seeing him beat most missions without ever taking fire.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Maps seem to have a lot more vertical focus. There's a lot more skylights, balconies, pipes, ramps and ladders. I like it.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I've been really impressed with the procGen'd maps - watching Beagle, I keep forgetting that the entire map isn't handmade but instead pieced together from sections.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Junpei posted:

Andromedons scare me a little.
Also, we need a way to differentiate "killing the driver" and "killing the suit".

Has one been seen on a Beagle stream so we can figure out how it works? As much as I've desperately wanted to watch more of his streams I've been avoiding them to avoid being too spoiled on enemies (Glad I saw teh Advent Memorial Honor Guard one at least though :v:). Mainly I'm mostly just curious if it acts as biological until you kill it and the suit takes over, where it becomes a new mechanical unit? Or is it some sort of alien MEC or what have you?

Either way, it sounds like at some point it's gonna be either vulnerable to hacking, mind control or both.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Alehkhs posted:

I've been really impressed with the procGen'd maps - watching Beagle, I keep forgetting that the entire map isn't handmade but instead pieced together from sections.

Except for the one time someone parked a car halfway into a café.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im going to disable the doom counter as soon as humanly possible because I hate pressure.

My hype is building, this game is going to be great, I picked up a shift Friday because Im an idiot.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Alkydere posted:

Has one been seen on a Beagle stream so we can figure out how it works? As much as I've desperately wanted to watch more of his streams I've been avoiding them to avoid being too spoiled on enemies (Glad I saw teh Advent Memorial Honor Guard one at least though :v:). Mainly I'm mostly just curious if it acts as biological until you kill it and the suit takes over, where it becomes a new mechanical unit? Or is it some sort of alien MEC or what have you?

Either way, it sounds like at some point it's gonna be either vulnerable to hacking, mind control or both.

From a ChristopherOdd video did on late-game enemies, it's vulnerable to both mind control and hacking, and basically needs to be killed twice, though it seems to act as a mechanical berserker once the pilot has been killed.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

is miss_jamballs twitch account deleted for anyone else?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Christopher Odd showed one off. It shoots when the pilot is alive, and has armor then. It switches to melee when the pilot is killed and gets back full health but not armor. It also starts trailing poison goo because the battle suit was also an environment suit full of the alien's home planet's toxic atmosphere.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Exposure posted:

From a ChristopherOdd video did on late-game enemies, it's vulnerable to both mind control and hacking, and basically needs to be killed twice, though it seems to act as a mechanical berserker once the pilot has been killed.

Cool!

That was one enemy I was honestly curious about since I simply had no idea how it would work mechanically.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Roobanguy posted:

is miss_jamballs twitch account deleted for anyone else?

http://www.twitch.tv/beagsandjam

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

does that name make it sound like 'beags' should be an alias for some part of a jam sandwich to anyone else

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ah.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Zoran posted:

Except for the one time someone parked crashed a car halfway into a café.

It was the end of the world as we knew it - poo poo happens. :colbert:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Sword Ranger is the best because if you aren't playing totally recklessly and going all out with ridiculous plays then you'll never know which soldiers deserve a place of honour and which ones get shat on in their memorial text.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

does that name make it sound like 'beags' should be an alias for some part of a jam sandwich to anyone else

I do not like them, Ciaphas-I-Am. I do not like green beags and jam.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Furnaceface posted:

Im going to disable the doom counter as soon as humanly possible because I hate pressure.

My hype is building, this game is going to be great, I picked up a shift Friday because Im an idiot.

I dunno if I'd mod it out, but slowing it down? Probably, most likely. Same with mission timers. Because I'm a huge baby.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, but this is a pretty sweet mashup trailer for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqlkHrp-FA0

That said, I'm getting really hyped. Unfortunately I work all this weekend but I'll be marathonning the game every possible opportunity. Even though I am a tiny little babby and will play on normal difficulty.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I finally got Openxcom and Last Mod to work. Second round of rookie recruitment, this guy appears and all I can think of is that stupid Moon Moon thing. Which, ironically works, because, even for an Xcom rookie, he's outstanding at being unable to hit a goddamn thing.

The loadout this guy has is all wrong. He needs a demo charge in both hands. Rookies that can't shoot are suicide bombers against the alien infadel. allahu ackbar.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I suspect the various timers are more lenient on easier difficulties, so just play on veteran or rookie or whatever if you're that much of a weenie.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This is actually quite interesting, as it indicates Iris Pro graphics can play Xcom2. That surprises me, but it's good news for anyone getting a laptop in 12 months.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Strobe posted:

I will actually laugh if Beagle is playing the Easy-mode version of Legendary because it's a review copy.

Remember UFO, that had a bug that reset the entire game to beginner after the first mission regardless of what setting you had it on?

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Actually I think Beagle or maybe ChristopherOdd mentioned how the review builds are about a month old. Difficulty tuning was only finalized at the end of last month IIRC, so he might actually be playing the easy mode of Legendary if Mark's done further adjustments since the Beagle ambush nerf.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Speedball posted:

Hell the cheevo list still hasn't appeared. Which is bizarre.

Is it? I think every time I've seen an achievement list before a game's release it's been from an Xbox version. I don't think Steam has ever let you view a game's achievements before release.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pwnstar posted:

Sword Ranger is the best because if you aren't playing totally recklessly and going all out with ridiculous plays then you'll never know which soldiers deserve a place of honour and which ones get shat on in their memorial text.

"Joe Smith: looks like playing it safe didn't help, huh?"

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Peewi posted:

Is it? I think every time I've seen an achievement list before a game's release it's been from an Xbox version. I don't think Steam has ever let you view a game's achievements before release.

Darkest Dungeon's achievement list showed up about a week before release, but that was early access so i dunno

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Exposure posted:

Actually I think Beagle or maybe ChristopherOdd mentioned how the review builds are about a month old. Difficulty tuning was only finalized at the end of last month IIRC, so he might actually be playing the easy mode of Legendary if Mark's done further adjustments since the Beagle ambush nerf.

Beagle said he's been playing since a little before Christmas.

lordsummerisle
Aug 4, 2013
I found XCOM EU/EW a bit too easy on normal, but get my rear end handed to me on classic. What difficulty should I start XCOM2 on?

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

I take it those of us who got XCOM 2 off GreenManGaming have to wait for the day until we get our keys? I'm so excited, I want to preload it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

lordsummerisle posted:

I found XCOM EU/EW a bit too easy on normal, but get my rear end handed to me on classic. What difficulty should I start XCOM2 on?

Go with whatever counts as classic. You will overcome the hurdle, trust me. Took me 5 "five week+" restarts before I hit my stride.

If you're still playing XCOM EW on classic; Throw more grenades and dont overwatch where the alien's can see you. That will make them shoot you instead and early on they have the better guns. Lasers are a good thing to race towards, MEC's after are also a solid choice.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 3, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

PiCroft posted:

I take it those of us who got XCOM 2 off GreenManGaming have to wait for the day until we get our keys? I'm so excited, I want to preload it.

Don't worry even those of us who have bought it on Steam can't preload it yet.

lordsummerisle
Aug 4, 2013

Thyrork posted:

Go with whatever counts as classic. You will overcome the hurdle, trust me. Took me 5 "five week+" restarts before I hit my stride.

If you're still playing XCOM EW on classic; Throw more grenades and dont overwatch where the alien's can see you. That will make them shoot you instead and early on they have the better guns. Lasers are a good thing to race towards, MEC's after are also a solid choice.

My main enemy in classic is my own impatience. I just get bored with doing the move+overwatch constantly. The second I break this routine, I die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

lordsummerisle posted:

Legendary.