Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Velocity Raptor posted:

I can speak too much about KFM, but a buddy of mine rolled one with my sin. From what I've seen, they're slower (relatively speaking) than a sin, but have much harder individual attacks, and aren't as combo heavy. They also have this nasty pin that if you get caught in it, you're hosed as he now gets to wail on you BJJ style. If there's a skill to escape it, I haven't gotten it yet at level 20.

Put points into Stealth and you'll be able to use it to escape grappling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

So there's an RNG box in the Hongmoon store now that can contain Moonwater Transformation Stones. Someone got 6 out of 28 boxes. And then someone else got 0 out of 27 boxes. There's an outfit in the box as well but neither got it.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

FoolishLobster posted:

So there's an RNG box in the Hongmoon store now that can contain Moonwater Transformation Stones. Someone got 6 out of 28 boxes. And then someone else got 0 out of 27 boxes. There's an outfit in the box as well but neither got it.

Oh really? How much is it?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Jaroslav posted:

Oh really? How much is it?

159 for 1

1,599 for 11

3,999 for 28

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm glad things like that exist so whales can subsidize the game for me.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Lemming posted:

I'm glad things like that exist so whales can subsidize the game for me.

Thats how free to play works.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Reddit is currently like, furiously making GBS threads it's pants over this box. It's pretty funny.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rafzakael posted:

Cool, thanks. What's the chance to proc it? Same as True Profane?

Not sure. I think it's the same proc chance.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Thursday Next posted:

Looking for a Mushin blue side invite on Chatanya if there's room. I'm still playing this game and just hit 42, so I guess I'm still having fun :)

Currently full. I'll see if there's anyone to purge tonight.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Anything to help Moonwater stones drop in price faster.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Infernal Lord's Horns. Wat.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

FoolishLobster posted:

They're used for Infernal and Profane weapon upgrades and the infernal accessory upgrades as well.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Velocity Raptor posted:

I started playing a couple days ago and rolled a sin as my first character.

They're super fun, but super fragile if the enemy can get a hit on you.

They're very combo heavy. Every skill will change the state of you, your opponent, or both. And skills will do different things based on the states.

If you use your gap closer, you'll approach the target in "decoy" stance, but if you use it from behind the target, you stealth and approach, and are now in "stealth" stance.

From there, your other skills' availability and effect will change based on your stance.

What does just damage in decoy stance will now also stun in stealth stance. And so on.

I can speak too much about KFM, but a buddy of mine rolled one with my sin. From what I've seen, they're slower (relatively speaking) than a sin, but have much harder individual attacks, and aren't as combo heavy. They also have this nasty pin that if you get caught in it, you're hosed as he now gets to wail on you BJJ style. If there's a skill to escape it, I haven't gotten it yet at level 20.

Sounds legit.

I rolled a 'sin after like 15 loving minutes of trying to get a name to stick. Finally gave up and used non-standard characters cause gently caress playing as "Cowchairlamp"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Just wondering, for the level 20 survey everyone gets a cinderlands key right? Because I have some friends who didn't get them. Even on reddit some people were saying how they were missing keys or only getting keys on certain characters. I've gotten it on all 3 of my characters so far while another friend had none on all of his. Some people said it might be a premium thing but all of us has it.

I never got a cinderlands key. I did get a moonwater key tho....I'm still in the cinderlands and Haven't left yet. Quests are routinely grey for me most of the time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I never got the cinderland key either. On both of my characters actually.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Gearhead posted:

You have a chance to proc a 20% Focus heal on yourself when you hit things, this upgrades higher as the Siren series upgrades to 70%.

The Profane proc is a Focus HoT instead of a flat 'Get X amount of Focus back.'

The gimmick of the Siren series is that when you upgrade them further you get bonuses on certain class abilities.

When is it actually worth it to start upgrading to Siren stuff? It seems like the first one is a downgrade from True Profane because it's got an extremely minor stat boost and the procs go from being amazing to being mostly garbage - when is it worth it to start dumping money on that upgrade, and how much should I have banked before I start?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

How does one avoid getting hit as a FM? The CD on backstep seems obscene, even when you've put that 1 point into it.

Option 1: Use RMB sometimes.
Option 2: Kill everything before it reaches you. This is obviously easier if you're keeping your weapon topped off.

Really you can avoid the vast majority of attacks just by circle strafing; the only things you should need to backstep out of are charges, and those will generally only happen once/enemy.

Unless of course you mean in PvP, in which case the answer is use RMB all the time and pray your opponent was too dumb to spec into any escapes or ranged stuns/knockdowns. This stops working in the silver range.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The FM that did best against me as a BM in PvP did some thing where he spent a lot of time in close range, throwing out a lot of roots and doing his best to stay outside of my Q range while being close enough that he could easily get behind me/to the side so I couldn't block his attacks. I still won, but that was the most effective tactic I've seen.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

RPZip posted:

When is it actually worth it to start upgrading to Siren stuff? It seems like the first one is a downgrade from True Profane because it's got an extremely minor stat boost and the procs go from being amazing to being mostly garbage - when is it worth it to start dumping money on that upgrade, and how much should I have banked before I start?

If you're thinking of upgrading to siren, consider getting a high attack power diamond if you haven't. It'll add more than the siren with a fraction of the cost. Pentagonal diamonds add 25 attack for 20ish gold while Hexagonals are 28 attack for 50ish gold. These diamonds will end up with more attack power than getting to true siren probably and you get to keep your true profane proc.

Some of these may have changed but I got them from here http://bns.endgame.pk/staffs/main_tree
To upgrade to awaken siren you'll need 4 transformation stones, 70 soulstones, 10 naryu silver, and 12 gold
To get past level 5 on awaken siren you'll need 30 perfume, 40 soulstones, and 11 gold
To get to true siren you'll need 7 transformation stones, 110 soulstones, 10 naryu silver, and 18 gold
To get past level 5 on true siren you'll need 30 perfume, 40 soulstone, 10 moonwater refining stone, and 11 gold

The earlier upgrades doesn't require soulstones on our version but it seems like it caught up at the siren tier. I'm still on true profane 10 so I don't know how many it actually needs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Velveteen posted:

If you're thinking of upgrading to siren, consider getting a high attack power diamond if you haven't. It'll add more than the siren with a fraction of the cost. Pentagonal diamonds add 25 attack for 20ish gold while Hexagonals are 28 attack for 50ish gold. These diamonds will end up with more attack power than getting to true siren probably and you get to keep your true profane proc.

Some of these may have changed but I got them from here http://bns.endgame.pk/staffs/main_tree
To upgrade to awaken siren you'll need 4 transformation stones, 70 soulstones, 10 naryu silver, and 12 gold
To get past level 5 on awaken siren you'll need 30 perfume, 40 soulstones, and 11 gold
To get to true siren you'll need 7 transformation stones, 110 soulstones, 10 naryu silver, and 18 gold
To get past level 5 on true siren you'll need 30 perfume, 40 soulstone, 10 moonwater refining stone, and 11 gold

The earlier upgrades doesn't require soulstones on our version but it seems like it caught up at the siren tier. I'm still on true profane 10 so I don't know how many it actually needs.

Holy loving poo poo, looks like this profane sword is the last one I get

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6uFK9hupn8jsOjj2zhyL6LyBG8r2RL3GAuso7mHfS8/htmlview

This sheet's a bit more condensed. Getting to True Siren takes something like 75g with just the transformation stone costs at 4g per and gold fee to upgrade. At least~120g worth of mats + 30g for the breakthrough if you buy everything instead of farming.

ON that note as well, how are you guys making enough money to upgrade to those tiers?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eIPgnqdXrTcZptpLxXAqulNkNndlrc7EyPbTbrkrGXM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
That right there says you can get up to 9ish gold a day, but that's by doing 68 dailies. I had some guy in party drop 1g on a Dokumo Critical Soul Shield #1 and he got salty when people were saying they weren't worth more than a few silver. The guy said he was making 40g a day and had four other level 45 characters.

I struggle to make like 3g+ a day so that number seems pretty crazy but I don't know for sure. How much gold are you guys making on a good day?

Ra-amun fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 4, 2016

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005

Lemming posted:

The FM that did best against me as a BM in PvP did some thing where he spent a lot of time in close range, throwing out a lot of roots and doing his best to stay outside of my Q range while being close enough that he could easily get behind me/to the side so I couldn't block his attacks. I still won, but that was the most effective tactic I've seen.

That happened to me last night as a summoner. Basically kept me rooted as much as possible and just stayed behind me and away from my cat. On the last round they just kept me rooted and then killed my cat before moving onto me, but it didnt help them cause I killed them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FoolishLobster posted:

Time to auction off your key and unsealing charm stockpiles

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

Though the individual NPCs are defined in the client-side files? Interesting.
Sorry, It looks like my files don't actually have that npc in them... Everyone in that outfit is a man, and no LynF with those glasses has that eye dot thing.
...which makes this whole project kind of pointless now that I think about it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Ugh, 75 keys spent and I still don't have my Hijukar weapon. Do we have a bitching thread yet?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I'm level 35 and so far the highlights of the game have been the Arena and Soloing Green 6 man instances, everything else has been a bit meh. Especially in Act 2/Scorching Sands when the story, quests, npcs, and environments all took a massive dip in quality.

Also the localisation/dub sucks and the premium membership is a ripoff. I'll prob try some endgame stuff but I don't know if sweet 1v1 duels can hold my interest enough to keep playing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Why can't I loot the gathering locations that should give me recipes? They glitter, but the wiki shows the locations, but I can't loot them.

I'm missing the mushrooms for example. Do you need to find all 3 locations to "unlock" the thing?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why can't I loot the gathering locations that should give me recipes? They glitter, but the wiki shows the locations, but I can't loot them.

I'm missing the mushrooms for example. Do you need to find all 3 locations to "unlock" the thing?

You should only need one of the spots shown

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

HapiMerchant posted:

You should only need one of the spots shown

Well I looked online for some pictures of where to loot the mushrooms, and went to 2/3 locations it's supposed to be at, and both zones just glittered at me and I couldn't loot anything. I even changed channels.

I know I've looted the earliest spot for the mushrooms before, but my thing acts as if I've never found the recipe

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think you might need to get the resources in order

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
So how hard is Poh 4-man anyway? I watched a couple videos talking about Poh 6-man and it made it seem a lot more complicated than it actually was. My runs through it have pretty much just been burn everything to the ground and don't stand in stupid. I'm guessing that that's due to us having literal years of progression patches on top of what was originally in the game when the dungeon came out.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Is Good Jobbu full?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Hyper Inferno posted:

So how hard is Poh 4-man anyway? I watched a couple videos talking about Poh 6-man and it made it seem a lot more complicated than it actually was. My runs through it have pretty much just been burn everything to the ground and don't stand in stupid. I'm guessing that that's due to us having literal years of progression patches on top of what was originally in the game when the dungeon came out.

4 man is no different than 6 man. The biggest issue is the extra damage but once you are used to running the dungeon enough, even the 6 man version, then you'll be able to dodge the attacks anyways so its not a problem. I run 4 mans through the dungeon finder and everyone is competent enough to just steamroll though the dungeon. If you use the party finder then you will meet people who are undergeared or don't know the fight enough.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Is there a waitlist for guild on Mushin? Please add Tirolle and Entropy when there is room.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 4, 2016

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Think they'll implement a server transfer at some point? I assume they'll merge the lower pop realms at some point, but it's somewhat annoying being on Yunwa with a comparatively minor pop.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

jaffyjaffy posted:

Think they'll implement a server transfer at some point? I assume they'll merge the lower pop realms at some point, but it's somewhat annoying being on Yunwa with a comparatively minor pop.

They did item transfers at one point, but seem unwilling to actually transfer characters.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ra-amun posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6uFK9hupn8jsOjj2zhyL6LyBG8r2RL3GAuso7mHfS8/htmlview

This sheet's a bit more condensed. Getting to True Siren takes something like 75g with just the transformation stone costs at 4g per and gold fee to upgrade. At least~120g worth of mats + 30g for the breakthrough if you buy everything instead of farming.

At the end of the day we really have no idea when Act 4 will be rolling out. The presence of a fork between True Siren and Pirate and skipping to Oathbreaker makes me suspect that it will not be a whole year, but it will be long enough that they expect plenty of people to upgrade to True Pirate and create the Pirate Soul when we get Act 4 unlocked.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

jaffyjaffy posted:

What's annoying to you about it? The markets and dungeon/arena finders are all region based not server. Just not having a bigger guild to talk to?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm never gonna get this stupid deva helmet

much less anything other than the jiangshi set :|

I wish costumes were buyable, not just the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parallel Playa posted:

Ugh, 75 keys spent and I still don't have my Hijukar weapon. Do we have a bitching thread yet?

Really? Got my Hijukar weapon on the first box

• Locked thread