Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Vita store is finally accessible! :woop: I didn't have to do anything special. I guess the problem was server-side after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Speaking of Katamari, the PSP version is on sale. I could never play it on a PSP because you used the analog nub and face buttons to control it, which I couldn't get used to at all. Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the controls on that so you can use the Vita's right stick instead of the face buttons?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah if you hold down the PS button when playing a PSP game you get a bunch of options including mapping buttons to the right stick.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah if you hold down the PS button when playing a PSP game you get a bunch of options including mapping buttons to the right stick.

Oh awesome, I've never actually played any PSP games where remapping buttons would have been helpful. Thanks!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Picked up Sword Art, I didn't think $5 was a bad decision. Now, I'm debating so drat hard on Xillia 2. I haven't beat 1 yet, but 8 is a drat tempting price.

All in all this is a pretty good sale. Too bad I had a lot of the games.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
leviathan seemed like it could be played at anytime. It just does some cool underwater stuff and your fleets points or whatever goes up IIRC.

edit whoops i am still on the last page

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

ryden posted:

Speaking of Katamari, the PSP version is on sale. I could never play it on a PSP because you used the analog nub and face buttons to control it, which I couldn't get used to at all. Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the controls on that so you can use the Vita's right stick instead of the face buttons?

So is the PSP katamari fun and worth getting?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, there's a few concessions like areas being more broken up and no huge stages because it's a PSP game but the biggest problem was no right stick and that's fixable on the Vita at least. It's still more of the same though and has the same lack of inspiration as every KD game after 2.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Grant us eyes, grant us eyes...

Yes! We need a Katamari filled with eyes.

Go now, little one.

Arooooooo!

Huh. It's pretty big. We imagine it'll make a pretty Paleblood Moon. If it were Ours, We'd make it much bigger.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i am halfway into tales of zestria and its better than most of the tales games i've played. also the theme song is amazing and i watch the whole 2 minute long intro every session
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDME9eOzd1o

I haven't played a Tales game since like, Graces? A PS2 one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I haven't played a Tales game since like, Graces? A PS2 one.

Abyss and Legendia were the only PS2 Tales games to get a western release I think. Graces F is PS3

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Abyss and Legendia were the only PS2 Tales games to get a western release I think. Graces F is PS3

Ooh legendia was it for sure, 2D game with a poo poo story

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mayor McCheese posted:

There's some bad stuff, though, like not being able to switch characters on the world map, reused assets, but I thought the setting and combat made up for it.

Like every boss having ludicrous super armour, ugh. I really like the game, that aside.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

I keep having this weird issue here I swear we got Tales of Destiny 2, and then I realize that we got that name but not that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

US Destiny 2 was originally Eternia, right?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

US Destiny 2 was originally Eternia, right?

Yeah. I'm not sure why they did that, outside of trying to run on Destiny's "popularity", but was Destiny even that big here? When did Tales actually get big in the West?

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The DLCs for Mass Effect 2 can pretty much be played anytime without any serious effect on the story. You'll generally want to finish everything (sidequests, loyalty missions, etc.) before the final set of missions (the game will be pretty clear when that is).

With regards to ME3, I haven't played Omega or Leviathan so I can't tell you anything about them, but Citadel should be played near the end of the game so you have all available characters.

The only thing I would add is that The Arrival DLC in ME2 should be played after the final story mission. The DLC characters should be recruited as soon the missions are unlocked.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Spuzzz posted:

The only thing I would add is that The Arrival DLC in ME2 should be played after the final story mission. The DLC characters should be recruited as soon the missions are unlocked.

Noted. Thank you.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Takoluka posted:

Yeah. I'm not sure why they did that, outside of trying to run on Destiny's "popularity", but was Destiny even that big here? When did Tales actually get big in the West?

I doubt popularity had anything to do with it.

That said, I think it was just that Destiny was released before it, so they probably just went "let's pull a Final Fantasy".

Volfogg fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 3, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Takoluka posted:

i don't think its ever been big here but symphonia is probably the most popular one, that or vesperia

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
The story missions in Citadel don't include any characters you encounter later than Tali; if you start it once she's available (I usually wait until the quarian/geth arc is done), you'll have more time to spread the character scenes over the rest of the game.

Arrival kind of bugs me because its first scene triggers relatively early, and Hackett tells you that time is of the essence, but the best way to play it by far is as the very last thing you do in ME2.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The way I do things is play Arrival and Citadel literally after I beat the game and I dumps you back in the mp to finish up sidequests. Arrival is made to bridge ME2 and 3 while Citadel is a send off to the series and will generally leave you with a better impression of the game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Copyright law is really dumb sometimes.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The way I do things is play Arrival and Citadel literally after I beat the game and I dumps you back in the mp to finish up sidequests. Arrival is made to bridge ME2 and 3 while Citadel is a send off to the series and will generally leave you with a better impression of the game.

Yep, that's best. Sure, Citadel takes place before the ending of ME3, but play it afterwards as a personal goodbye. It's amazing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tales Talk:

I really enjoy Graces and Hearts. I do not enjoy Xillia or Zestria.

They're not necessarily bad, just different than what I enjoyed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Harlock posted:

Tales Talk:

I really enjoy Graces and Hearts. I do not enjoy Xillia or Zestria.

They're not necessarily bad, just different than what I enjoyed.

This is how I feel as well. Xillia put me off enough that I really looked into Zestiria before buying it, and ended up not buying Zest at all. Watched a friend play it for a bit, and basically confirmed that it was a good idea to avoid it. Graces is one of my favorites, though, and Hearts was a lot of fun.

Xillia's a bit weird for me, though, because I actually liked some of the characters more than I did ones in Graces, but Graces was just a lot more fun to play. I'm hoping Berseria turns out okay, because Tales is a series that I generally like.

e: Gonna grab that Symphonia combo for $5 because goddamn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt like hearts r much at all but i do like zestria. Hearts r requires a ton of time in menus to optimize your characters while zestria feels more streamlined. Different strokes i guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

I didnt like hearts r much at all but i do like zestria. Hearts r requires a ton of time in menus to optimize your characters while zestria feels more streamlined. Different strokes i guess.

Have you like not looked at the clusterfuck that is equipment in Zestiria?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I just put the highest number thing on and dont worry about the skill synergy. At least you dont have to assign hundreds of artes points every time you level.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you got that pretty loving backwards, Hurlthing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It could've been that my friend was bad at the game, or just playing it poorly, because he would basically just merge with his elemental whatever in every fight and spend the whole time mashing the same button over and over again, and he won everything but boss fights doing exactly this. It doesn't seem particularly fun in this regard.

e: I don't mind assigning points or sifting through menus if the combat is ultimately fun. Zesty combat looked decidedly unfun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

I just put the highest number thing on and dont worry about the skill synergy. At least you dont have to assign hundreds of artes points every time you level.

That's fine until you want to play any difficultly above Normal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

I just focused on 1-2 stats per character in Hearts R until I got high level and had things maxed out and started balancing people. I don't think it was that bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SpacePig posted:

It could've been that my friend was bad at the game, or just playing it poorly, because he would basically just merge with his elemental whatever in every fight and spend the whole time mashing the same button over and over again, and he won everything but boss fights doing exactly this. It doesn't seem particularly fun in this regard.

e: I don't mind assigning points or sifting through menus if the combat is ultimately fun. Zesty combat looked decidedly unfun.

He would die pretty quick as soon as he ran into a pack of casters like that, unless he was playing on easy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

That's fine until you want to play any difficultly above Normal

Not about to play a 40 hour game with respawning enemy encounters on hard but i see your point

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Real hurthling! posted:

I just used the auto assign points options in Hearts R and stuck to roles with each character and that served me well. A few postgame things required me to think more about skill setups but it wasn't that big a deal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ryden posted:

Bought both katamari games in this sale, both own, APK: always play katamari

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Does anyone know if Dragonball Xenoverse (for the ps4) is any good? I'm a big fan of the franchise, but never had any of the games. I've played one on gamecube years ago, though I found the fighting system a little weird.

I also want to get rocket league, but I don't really want to pay full price for it. I should have gotten it a couple months ago when it was on sale, now I'm not sure when thats going to happen again.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Shnag posted:

Does anyone know if Dragonball Xenoverse (for the ps4) is any good? I'm a big fan of the franchise, but never had any of the games. I've played one on gamecube years ago, though I found the fighting system a little weird.

I also want to get rocket league, but I don't really want to pay full price for it. I should have gotten it a couple months ago when it was on sale, now I'm not sure when thats going to happen again.

I think the fighting in DBX is pretty fun and basically like what it looks like on the show. The problem with the game is that it has this weird MMO-like grinding aspect to it that you have to do to unlock moves which gets pretty lame after a while. At least, that's what it was like on release. I don't know if it's true now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you like DBZ just buy it. It's good.

• Locked thread