Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
What is considered an average run time for shocker in this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Therapist posted:

I'd say get near a minute for averages.

If you are supreme AoE God iron fist, you can get 4:40 as your goal.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Therapist posted:

Under 40 and you're set, under 50 and maybe in, under a minute and you're hoping everyone is lazy and don't submit

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'd say get near a minute for averages.

If you are supreme AoE God iron fist, you can get 4:40 as your goal.

Jusupov posted:

Under 40 and you're set, under 50 and maybe in, under a minute and you're hoping everyone is lazy and don't submit

I got some work to do.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

rip impact rouge

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 4, 2016

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Snapshotting? Waitwaitwait. This game doesn't update DoT damage per-tick? It doesn't even recalculate on new applications? It just takes the first number and holds it forever?! Who the hell designed this game!

if you apply a dot layer without any buffs you can actually double your tooltip damage and the same damage will tick even on reapplication if you don't wait for it to expire first

this means you can tank your damage on a raid boss or you can hold an empower dps increase for 10 minutes straight

on enemy effects like vuln will shift this but your damage is calculated at first application including crit and damage. the rogue changes basically make it so you can fully abuse the system.

it's also why signet is amazing on movement/layer characters since you can hold the 1200 DR buff indefinitely on your dots

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

to get this to drop you need to ask which wave drops it then have that xmen wave be next.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

How long did it take for these to drop?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Therapist posted:

How long did it take for these to drop?

So long that someone might get mad if I guesstimated an amount

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Servers up and Black Cat is slightly less of a pain now with Quick Getaway getting buffed :gaz:

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

please just buff black panther knives build and it's pretty much the ranged black cat you wanted

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kainser posted:

Servers up and Black Cat is slightly less of a pain now with Quick Getaway getting buffed :gaz:

Is there an event this week cause I guess they don't put those in patch notes or on their website anymore.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

Jusupov posted:

So long that someone might get mad if I guesstimated an amount

Yeah I have been grinding with some good buffs to rif/sif and haven't seen anything drop from a unique to an artifact to a cosmic medallion. It's pretty painful.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Therapist posted:

Yeah I have been grinding with some good buffs to rif/sif and haven't seen anything drop from a unique to an artifact to a cosmic medallion. It's pretty painful.

My drops went up when my guardians boosts and other crap I got from some worthless skrull cards went down. Literally from zero to almost full spread in half the time. Take from that what you will.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Lucas Cage has a 3:38 ttk. Our departed brother NickHimself would be proud :unsmith:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/7161/

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mover posted:

Lucas Cage has a 3:38 ttk. Our departed brother NickHimself would be proud :unsmith:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/7161/

Oh his slot5 has vuln on it

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lux Aeterna posted:

please just buff black panther knives build and it's pretty much the ranged black cat you wanted

#BlackPantherKnivesMatter

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Donde Esta posted:

Why does everyone hate on Colossus? :(
He's an extremely old design with three basics, multiple spirit consuming auras, weird pet powers, and has no travel power.

That said, I've prestiged him all the way up to red because one day he just clicked for me. Here's my current 60 build - you get 7 spare points because he's just that good.

Just loving punch the poo poo out of things making sure you Smite twice before leaping.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Ghostlight posted:

He's an extremely old design with three basics, multiple spirit consuming auras, weird pet powers, and has no travel power.

That said, I've prestiged him all the way up to red because one day he just clicked for me. Here's my current 60 build - you get 7 spare points because he's just that good.

Just loving punch the poo poo out of things making sure you Smite twice before leaping.

Maxing 3 passives, the Colossus way.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many points it would be if someone had all heroes at just red 60 but never cosmic prestiged? I'm wondering where the cutoff is for scrub-tier players who refuse to take the cosmic leap.

I'm trying not to dip below 50 on the achievement leaderboard but the Mr. Fixit outfit I finished last night was terrible and I really don't want to do any of those 300 bounty chest cosmic terminal grindfests.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Whoa. Barely ahead of top player Comixfan!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

davebo posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many points it would be if someone had all heroes at just red 60 but never cosmic prestiged? I'm wondering where the cutoff is for scrub-tier players who refuse to take the cosmic leap.

I'm trying not to dip below 50 on the achievement leaderboard but the Mr. Fixit outfit I finished last night was terrible and I really don't want to do any of those 300 bounty chest cosmic terminal grindfests.

19800?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rouge Sunspot build at the top baby!

Rouge 3:24 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_vwceq2vIs

Also looks like top Deadpool melee can pull sub 4 and ranged should be about 4:15 by the metrics. Beast mode.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I remember when a 5 minute ttk was the balancing goal

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Kainser posted:

I remember when a 5 minute ttk was the balancing goal

Every day at Gaz' office they have a breakfast buffet of power crepes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think 4:30 is the new benchmark. If you're at 5 or worse, you need tuning.

If you're near 6, the character should be deleted from the game.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
Oh, since it is contest time...

Weekly Stop Using Default Camera Distance Post!

default distance

option under VIDEO settings (check the box and move the slider!)

new distance

we will make fun of you every sunday on ICRs stream if you record a video with the default distance

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ransome posted:

Oh, since it is contest time...

Weekly Stop Using Default Camera Distance Post!

default distance

option under VIDEO settings (check the box and move the slider!)

new distance

we will make fun of you every sunday on ICRs stream if you record a video with the default distance

Uhh

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

:P

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Never fear. There are plenty zoomed in.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Congrats at playing on a zoom level that doesn't let you appreciate the thousands of man hours that went into each strand of Jean's hair you loving philistines.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
If I can't appreciate Black Cat's booty at full zoom then why am I even playing this game?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No poo poo man. Her rear end could be classified as a small planet if you ask me and my science pals.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Never fear. There are plenty zoomed in.

Phyresis was right (again)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It turns out Phyresis was Cassandra all along, divulging the portents of our doom that we were too deaf to hear

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

So who's gonna make the "Phyresis was Right" t-shirts??

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm reading some spider-math from pubbies that say the 1k dodge from an AIM robot dispenser makes it pretty much bis, to the point that his ideal arti setup is GOKless, looking like demonblood, ape neck, aim dispenser, taskmaster's guide (dodge again).

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Phyresis was right, Toshimo was right, Cides was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

NotALizardman posted:

So who's gonna make the "Phyresis was Right" t-shirts??

If amthua didn't do some version of it asros will be lost at sea

• Locked thread