Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh its like cardboard crack except with actual jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

The original that I saw had books instead of Magic.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
This except replace clothes with beer.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ScarletBrother posted:

ah, that uh seems obvious now that i see shes in a book store :sweatdrop:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

imagine the dollar bills in the last frame replaced with unfunny text

there now it's cardboard crack

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

ScarletBrother posted:

Yeap.

Sarah Andersen is basically the Everywoman and I enjoy every last one of her comics.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

Yeap.

Sarah Andersen is basically the Everywoman and I enjoy every last one of her comics.

This is magical :allears:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
This summer set is a masters set but is not modern masters 3. That's summer 2017.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

born on a buy you posted:

This summer set is a masters set but is not modern masters 3. That's summer 2017.

It could just be another Conspiracy too.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

We will likely no before the weekend is up at least.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zoness posted:

imagine the dollar bills in the last frame replaced with unfunny text

there now it's cardboard crack

Yeah. CC could easily be funny if it replaced the Buckley text TM.

born on a buy you posted:

Vintage masters.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ShaneB posted:

The price increases also make previously invested players feel good about their investment in cards. "OK, I paid $700 for my affinity stuff 6 months ago but it's worth nearly $1000 now! Not only am I playing magic, but I'm not subject to the dumb standard price cycles!" It's reinforcing the idea that modern is a good idea for both being able to play constructed, and less financially awful than standard.

haha look at this guy who spent over $400 (from scg even) for an affinity list

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Zoness posted:

$400 doesn't even cover the manabase (including Opals) for Affinity these days :(

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Windows 98 posted:

Over the last 7 years I have been in quite a number of college cafeterias. Whether it's the school I'm attending or if I am visiting a friends school there is ALWAYS a group of loving nerds in the cafeteria playing Magic cards. What the gently caress is up with that? Is there some memo I didn't get?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Everyone knows that high school cafeterias is where games go to die that's why people also play a lot of 40k in their cafeterias.

I'll bet my ham sandwich that my far seer can beat your hive tyrant.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

Everyone knows that high school cafeterias is where games go to die that's why people also play a lot of 40k in their cafeterias.

I'll bet my ham sandwich that my far seer can beat your hive tyrant.

Better roll those 4+s, buddy.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
High School lunch is a great place to play magic because it teaches you how to not slow play like a dumbass.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Zoness posted:

I traded a goyf into 4 inkmoth/4 glimmervoid/1 etched champ during MM2 summer so I don't feel so bad.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

High School lunch is a great place to play magic because it teaches you how to not slow play like a dumbass.

Now that I think about it this is probably why I play fast and hate it when people slow play, not that I played magic during lunch or anything.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yawgmoth posted:

It taught me that we only had time for one game, so I made sure I won with only 5 min left. :3:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

It taught me that we only had time for one game, so I made sure I won with only 5 min left. :3:

We played MRD standard and we easily finished bo3's in 30 mins :colbert:

And I even played UW control!!

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Zoness posted:

Now that I think about it this is probably why I play fast and hate it when people slow play, not that I played magic during lunch or anything.

I play quickly because there is a bar adjacent to my LGS, and I need time to smoke and drink between rounds :cool:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I have a question about the new colorless mana and EDH:

If I used Mina and Denn as an EDH Commander that has (2)GR, could I "legally" play cards like Thought-Knot Seer that are (3)Colorless?

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

Soul Glo posted:

If I used Mina and Denn as an EDH Commander that has (2)GR, could I "legally" play cards like Thought-Knot Seer that are (3)Colorless?

Yep. From what I understand, colorless isn't part of any of the identities. The only place it would acutally matter for deck building purposes is if you had a colorless commander.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

keeblerdrow posted:

Yep. From what I understand, colorless isn't part of any of the identities. The only place it would acutally matter for deck building purposes is if you had a colorless commander.

Excellent. I tried to make an EDH deck last night using Kozilek as a commander and found I only own 27 colorless creatures that can do damage (and so many equipments and like four instants/sorceries holy poo poo), but enough single colorless Eldrazi to incentivize using them in an EDH deck. Thanks.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mcmagic posted:

It could just be another Conspiracy too.

Ughh I hope not. Or if they do at least make it not a 4-player-game focused thing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Soul Glo posted:

Excellent. I tried to make an EDH deck last night using Kozilek as a commander and found I only own 27 colorless creatures that can do damage (and so many equipments and like four instants/sorceries holy poo poo), but enough single colorless Eldrazi to incentivize using them in an EDH deck. Thanks.

You can use colorless artifact creatures / cards in an EDH with a colorless eldrazi commander.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Wizards should have reprinted tec-edge for this exact reason

Tec edge doesn't do anything in a field of 4-color decks playing 3-4 mana spells. It's primarily a way to make sure manlands don't get too overpowering, which is not really an issue because this cycle of manlands is way, way worse than the previous cycle. It would slow down Eldrazi Ramp, one of the only interesting decks in the format.

I wonder if banning Jace would be enough to kill off the 4-color decks. Rally would still be a deck, just slightly less consistent. Honestly I don't think it's an issue, the last standard GP had like 8 different deck archetypes in the top 9, that sounds like a pretty good standard format to me.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Jace is not what makes four color decks work though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lets Pickle posted:

Tec edge doesn't do anything in a field of 4-color decks playing 3-4 mana spells. It's primarily a way to make sure manlands don't get too overpowering, which is not really an issue because this cycle of manlands is way, way worse than the previous cycle. It would slow down Eldrazi Ramp, one of the only interesting decks in the format.

I wonder if banning Jace would be enough to kill off the 4-color decks. Rally would still be a deck, just slightly less consistent. Honestly I don't think it's an issue, the last standard GP had like 8 different deck archetypes in the top 9, that sounds like a pretty good standard format to me.

Rally is also gone pretty soon.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Rally is also gone pretty soon.

Yeah, it, siege rhino, and fetches, aka everything currently wrong with standard.

Which is wonderful, maybe we'll have another High Quality Standard that just so happens to have Innistrad involved.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I really liked devotion and other mono colored strategies of standards past. :(

If only packrat and revelation didn't exist, that format could have been really balanced and good.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Sickening posted:

If only packrat and revelation didn't exist, that format could have been really balanced and good.

mono blue devotion with master of the waves was ftw

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

ftfy, everyone knows Sphinx-Elixir was the best deck ever.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

mono blue devotion with master of the waves was ftw

The mirror was hilarious.

Turn 4, Domestication your Master of Waves.

Turn 5, Master of Waves.

:getin:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Madmarker posted:

ftfy, everyone knows Sphinx-Elixir was the best deck ever.

I guess it was fun for the person piloting it but holy poo poo, rev was never fun to play against.

Just when you thought your mutavaults was going to get around wrath would a some rear end in a top hat cast quicken.........

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
whatever man mutavault only hits for one a turn I'm gonna gain 10 again enjoy the race.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Zoness posted:

whatever man mutavault only hits for one a turn I'm gonna gain 10 again enjoy the race.

But in all seriousness, people complained that black devotion was the best deck. It wasn't. Rev was the best deck.

Everyone else delt with cheating Jarod Belchers of the world before they were scared away.

Speaking off, it appears he spends his time streaming wow now. Here he is streaming right now while eating a burrito.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 4, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

But in all seriousness, people complained that black devotion was the best deck. It wasn't. Rev was the best deck.

Everyone else delt with cheating Jarod Belchers of the world before they were scared away.

Speaking off, it appears he spends his time streaming wow now. Here he is streaming right now while eating a burrito.

I wrecked rev decks up and down my local meta with monoB devotion. That deck was stupid broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Soul Glo posted:

Colorless is not a color, same as before. Thought-Knot Seer specifically asks for colorless mana but the absence of a color identity is not the same thing as a color identity in absence. Its as colorless as Skullclamp.

Keep in mind cards that can produce any color of mana like Birds of Paradise can still attempt to make mana outside of your Commander's identity, which will result in ♦ valid for Thought-Knot Seer's casting cost. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is also legal in any deck as it isn't actually black, and in a nonblack deck like Wildborn it'll give every land the ability to tap for ♦.

• Locked thread