Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I actually really wanna see this dumb movie now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's an article at AVClub on how much VFX they had to do for Paul Walker with the exact scenes. I was sure about the couple the end but for most of the others, I had no idea.

http://www.avclub.com/article/finally-answer-how-much-paul-walkers-performance-f-227074

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

There's an article at AVClub on how much VFX they had to do for Paul Walker with the exact scenes. I was sure about the couple the end but for most of the others, I had no idea.

http://www.avclub.com/article/finally-answer-how-much-paul-walkers-performance-f-227074

I'm actually sorta surprised that the finale pieces to a number of the action sequences turned out to be VFX. Although I guess it's not super surprising that a couple of the last detail moments needed to be added later when doing a shooting schedule. Also would not have guessed them chillin at the beach in Dubai would have been CG either.

A lot of them are p obvious in the film, although I think they did a really stellar job of making it look as natural as possible.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Some of those you would never tell it's not real, like is the scene in the garage with Mia completely fake Paul? Pretty amazing really.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I tried to watch something this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqg8pji2FWI

Edit: It was unsurprisingly terrible, like the rest of Friedberg & Seltzer's movies.

duz fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 9, 2015

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

duz posted:

The "What are you driving?" "A Car" line made me laugh. The rest looks pretty terrible, as expected.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
They're only about 12 years late on the send up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, that might have worked a decade ago, and also if it wasn't made by Friedberg and Seltzer.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

duz posted:

Edit: It was unsurprisingly terrible, like the rest of Friedberg & Seltzer's movies.

Oh hey, I'm related to Fake Michelle Rodrigues.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are we going to see a F&F Cinematic Universe soon?

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fast-and-furious-spinoffs-1201641326/

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

F&F3K. In the year 3018 crazy future robo humans resurrect Dominic and Hobbs and Ludacris and all the other guys when a gang of space pirates stake out the Milky Way shipping lanes. If it's not too tacky and we're all over it by then: Make a C3PO sort of character with a TV screen for a head that only communicates by playing Paul Walker clips from the previous films.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
If they don't make a Han and Giselle movie I'm gonna be fuckin pissed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

GonSmithe posted:

Or at least give him a role in the Wonder Woman movie.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

Han and Giselle's Adventures: We're Never Getting to Japan

:smith:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

duz posted:

Or at least give him a role in the Wonder Woman movie.

Just as Sung Kang, who is dating Wonder Woman.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Just as Sung Kang, who is dating Wonder Woman.

But the version of Sung Kang from the Car Discussion YouTube videos he did a while back, who's just an unhinged narcissist.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I am so sick of superheroes. I just want fast cars and all-inclusive bromance. :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

I am so sick of superheroes.

This is a tangent but I don't get this. There are three, maybe four super hero things every year. And if everyone who expressed this sentiment stopped going to them, they'd probably make less money and stop being made even that often.

Also I've got some bad news for you: the F&F movies have basically been super hero movies since 5.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

TheJoker138 posted:

Also I've got some bad news for you: the F&F movies have basically been super hero movies since 5.
But the Fast movies are superheroes movies that comic book geeks hate, so they're fine.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a tangent but I don't get this. There are three, maybe four super hero things every year. And if everyone who expressed this sentiment stopped going to them, they'd probably make less money and stop being made even that often.

The sentiment makes sense when you realize that they take over so many tentpole/blockbuster releases. Every slot that would be taken by an Independence Day or a Minority Report (as examples) are now superhero films. This year is kind of different since we get Star Wars and Jurassic World to break things up, with no DC, but that's the issue people are having.

Fast and the Furious already is a superhero movie, though, yes.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The buildup to each F&F movie also has less bullshit clogging up my news feed.

I'm sick of hearing every little detail for every MCU, x-men, DC, Star Wars, Hunger Games movie become daily entertainment news as if I had infinite money and goodwill for every recognizable brand. I could stomach these movies better if people didn't report on every casting tidbit. Then the official announcement. Then the leaked set photo. And then the official release photos. And the poster. And then teaser trailer. And a TV spot. And then a racial backlash. And then people calling out that backlash. And then the full trailer. And people picking apart every shot in the trailer. And then people speculating on the post-credits scene once the movie comes out.

I remember when this process used to be mildly fun, but it just seems so cynical and predictable now. This cycle is numbing enough that I'm complaining even though many of these movies end up not being terrible.

If people talked about the next Fast movie the same way they talked about the Force Awakens, I probably would feel more sick of fast cars and family sentimentality. Fortunately comic book nerds and bloggers still think they're better than a dumb movie franchise about vroom vroom, so the fatigue isn't kicking in. Bring on Fast 8.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
This movie was extreme fast and furious with a good focus on family. I'd like to see more films in this franchise.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I knew there would be some sort of tribute at the end of F7 yet I still cried like a Goddamned baby during the Paul Walker montage.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fast 8 will be filming in Iceland. This will include what it claims to be the biggest explosion in the country. No word if it will also disrupt European air travel.
http://icelandreview.com/news/2016/01/26/fast-8-be-filmed-akranes

Here is a 1994 recording of Diesel at Toyfair, selling Street Sharks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Parker Lewis posted:

I knew there would be some sort of tribute at the end of F7 yet I still cried like a Goddamned baby during the Paul Walker montage.

I saw some people describe it as cashing in. Which suggests they don't know what that means. It was as classy and appropriate a send up as I think the medium is capable of. It was a great scene. A teenage girl cried, her friend made fun of her, but started crying halfway through doing so. It was sweet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I honestly don't know anyone who didn't cry at least a little during that montage. I was at Ray Smuckles-esque blubbering myself.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I nearly cried myself during the tribute myself. It was pretty god damned sad.

One of the best scenes in film in 2015 for sure.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Fast 8 will be filming in Iceland. This will include what it claims to be the biggest explosion in the country. No word if it will also disrupt European air travel.
http://icelandreview.com/news/2016/01/26/fast-8-be-filmed-akranes

Here is a 1994 recording of Diesel at Toyfair, selling Street Sharks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

The thing about street sharks...the street sharks always win

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vin Diesel announced the dates for the next 3 movies. By the time the final movie rolls out, it would have been almost 20 years since the first one.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
"8", "9", and "10" should be the final movie titles.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

10: The Final Fury

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
You just know 10 is gonna be some Star Trek Generations torch-passing horseshit

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The MSJ posted:

Vin Diesel announced the dates for the next 3 movies. By the time the final movie rolls out, it would have been almost 20 years since the first one.

good thing theyre giving themselves that extra few days, gotta account for bloat

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheScott2K posted:

Or it'll just end with the crew dying.

also how the gently caress did you end up with a red-title for liking Kodi? :psyduck: it's my main media player on my comp and I kinda love it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fast10: Your seatbelts needs to be the one they actually go into space in. :colbert:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Mia telling Jack, "Your father would have wanted this." as she dies, handing him keys to an old Skyline. The rest of the movie is Jack and his sister restoring it and getting revenge for Mia's death.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zedd posted:

Fast10: Your seatbelts needs to be the one they actually go into space in. :colbert:

Space: The furious frontier.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fast 10: The Furious Finale.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

10 obviously ends with Dom being sent to space jail and changing his name to Riddick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
2021 seems a made up date on some scifi flick, then I just realize when I was born.

• Locked thread