Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
After unlock I can turn off VPN, but if I close steam or restart my machine Ill have to VPN again to play before US release correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
There's a Bradford soldier in the Demos&Replays folder, complete with custom face and armor.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Tae posted:

So is the leader mod worth it? Seems like it adds that extra gameplay strategy but I don't know if the game is balanced around that.

I am also curious about this.

If someone who is in game can post a pic of the leader skill tree before I start playing tonight, I will be forever in your debt.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For all the people with GMG issues, you will have two keys in the email

1. This one is the preorder and should be done -second-
2. THIS one is the actual game and need to be put in first.

There are a lot of people having issues with it, oddly

Yeah I couldn't get it to work until i tied each one separate. It is both way too vague and out of order.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And it's working, see you in like 2 years shitlords

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I really hope the alien made of skulls on the cover is the final boss.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thyrork posted:

... Oh my god at what just happened in Jam's stream. :aaaaa:

I didn't know they were streaming, what just happened?

e: If Solomon says start on Veteran I'll probably do that

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I thought you guys said Sectoids couldn't do real mind control :(

Rip that Irish guy that got cut up by my Ranger.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

VodeAndreas posted:

I thought you guys said Sectoids couldn't do real mind control :(

Rip that Irish guy that got cut up by my Ranger.

Whoever told you that is a drat liar, these sectoids are each and every one as dangerous as the old Commander Sectoids.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Please tell me Thin Mne arn't a thing anymore

Please

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SkySteak posted:

Please

Thin Men aren't a thing anymore

they are titty snakes now and possibly worse

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I have tonight off but not the weekend. What's the easiest way to setup a British VPN to unlock this early?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

SkySteak posted:

Please

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

1 hour still to unlock fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Nordick posted:

So to anyone who was having this problem with F-Secure Freedome: I just restarted my computer and it works now. Old tricks best tricks! :v:

so restart 'puter -> shut Steam down if you have it launching with Windows -> Turn on VPN -> run Steam.

This worked perfectly. Thanks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vipers are not nearly as bad as thin men.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

Vipers are not nearly as bad as thin men.

*advent voice* the titties worked

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Dear diary,

Got pulled out of cover and crushed mercilessly, but the tiddies were bangin'

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The very first thing that happened to me in an actual fight was a patrol spotting me and critting my tutorial squaddie on reveal, panicking my entire squad

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Finally made my character!

If anyone wants to put her into a goon pool or have me in your game, the pool file (with just her) is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3stva8auxuc0aiq/TheIronRose.bin?dl=0

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 4, 2016

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also some additional Solomon's Wisdom:

OK Mr. Solomon, Veteran it is then.

F-Secure's Freedome VPN worked wonderfully, but Steam's unpacking time keeps changing between 20 to 50 minutes. Guess I'll just go for a jog and hope it's done when I'm back.
:negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Squad Wipe on the first mission, feels good man

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

The Iron Rose posted:

Finally made my character

If anyone wants to put her into a goon pool or have me in your game, the pool file (with just her) is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3stva8auxuc0aiq/TheIronRose.bin?dl=0

I'm gonna do this but not till tomorrow because I made poor life choices and cannot play the game till then.

Should we just make this Dropbox the one for all goons or did someone already do that?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is anyone having major issues with frame rate? The game is constantly stuttering. Which to me makes no sense since i was playing the new Tomb Raider with nearly maxed settings this morning.

Specs:

Nvidia 970 G1
16 GB Ram
Intel i5 3570k
SSD

Is there some settings that is causing it? I played with the settings and none of the settings seemed to make much of a difference.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
What this game need is a pool with all the Jagged Alliance 2 (and 1) mercs.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

The Iron Rose posted:

Picked her up! :tipshat:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Hint for those suddenly teleporting to Australia: if you're having difficulties with Steam recognizing your new location and refusing to decrypt, you might be logged in to steam on other devices/PCs. If you can't reach them handily, you can turn them off remotely by deauthorizing them on your steam account page.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I love how, even though it's a nonsense alien language heavily distorted, ADVENT trooper's shouts to each other vaguely make sense due to the emotions evoked in them. It's better than the nonsense radio squawk EXALT used.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The reason vipers aren't as bad as thin men is because they don't fall out of the sky in ridiculous numbers. Council missions in the second month of impossible are brutal. In the first month you might as well just ignore them because everyone being sent on it is gonna end up as a corpse.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The very first thing that happened to me in an actual fight was a patrol spotting me and critting my tutorial squaddie on reveal, panicking my entire squad

So still essentially XCOM then. :xcom:

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Jesus, the soldier face options are ugly as poo poo.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Man I have an SLI GTX 970 and cranking the settings up to maximum still crushes my puny machine. (3440x1440 resolution)

Even the title screen chugs along.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

The Iron Rose posted:

Mis-spelled 'resistance' as 'resistence'.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Iron Rose posted:

Hello!

Anyone who wants to help put these together into the Goon Regiment will get kudos and an enshrined spot in the OP! We must shoot all the aliens and die in horrifying numbers

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Ivor Biggun posted:

So still essentially XCOM then. :xcom:

Yeah I set up the ambush like they recommended and got owned.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Well I just had a car catch fire and explode on the same turn after 20 seconds of waiting. Not sure if that was a bug. RIP tutorial squaddie.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

The Iron Rose posted:

Maybe we should get like an open goon dropbox for everyone to dump people in?

I can't seem to find a defaultnamelist equivalent or I'd import that SA namelist.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Gonna try to run this on my Surface Pro 3 at work because I want to watch it melt into a puddle like a Faceless, but I can't wait until I get home tonight.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just know there will be so many cases where you'll yell "THANKS BEAGLE" because an enemy reveals you in their turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

The reason vipers aren't as bad as thin men is because they don't fall out of the sky in ridiculous numbers. Council missions in the second month of impossible are brutal. In the first month you might as well just ignore them because everyone being sent on it is gonna end up as a corpse.

As someone who only just got around to playing EU/EW a few months ago, for all the "That's XCOM" I've gotta say that "oh by the way we didn't mention it but sometimes the map will just rain Thin Men out of the loving sky for no reason" is some legit bullshit, not even in a fun challenge sense but just in the sense of a curveball the game throws at you that, at least on your first outing, you have no reason to be prepared for. Challenges are fine, challenges can still be hard but fair, but there's a reason that a lot of good game design is bound up in preparing a player for a challenge and then testing them instead of randomly and arbitrarily kicking the player in the dick.