Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

Romney NOM crashed because he's endorsing Rubio.

From what I read, this might not be happening any time soon, and he has not picked a candidate. The rest was speculation about what he might do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Does anyone know where to find the NH poll was that showed second choice by candidate?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

District Selectman posted:

Does anyone know where to find the NH poll was that showed second choice by candidate?
I only searched for a few minutes but I found several articles from this week stating that among Cruz and Trump supporters in NH, Rubio is a popular second choice. NH voters who have Bush and Kasisch as first choices have been indicating they'll vote for Rubio if only to coalesce around an anti-Trump/Cruz.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

Latest buys:

Hillary No in Nevada (@ ~23c, I expect it to double after NH).

I picked up 20 shares of this too. Seems like an easy flip after NH. Not a huge profit, but why not.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Peachstapler posted:

I only searched for a few minutes but I found several articles from this week stating that among Cruz and Trump supporters in NH, Rubio is a popular second choice. NH voters who have Bush and Kasisch as first choices have been indicating they'll vote for Rubio if only to coalesce around an anti-Trump/Cruz.

I'm trying to find the chart that showed the second choice percentages by candidate. drat, I should have bookmarked it! I know Rand only has 3 points to give, but it's interesting to me that he dropped out pre-NH. It seems like his donors told him to gently caress off in NH.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gibberish posted:

I picked up 20 shares of this too. Seems like an easy flip after NH. Not a huge profit, but why not.

Why? No one expects Hillary to win NH. Best case for Bernie is that he wins big and maintains the status quo. Worst case is anything else, like even a close win. If somehow he loses, the DNom is over.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Peachstapler posted:

I like Rubio for 2nd here, too -- he's more palatable than Cruz, and the nature of it being a primary, not a caucus, does lend to more people sticking to their guns with Bush and Christie, etc. There won't be Rubio or Cruz supporters in the polling booths to convince Jeb! supporters to change their vote.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

I'm trying to find the chart that showed the second choice percentages by candidate. drat, I should have bookmarked it! I know Rand only has 3 points to give, but it's interesting to me that he dropped out pre-NH. It seems like his donors told him to gently caress off in NH.
Yeah wish I had that chart too, I know what you're talking about.

Rand was really pissed off that Cruz had convinced his followers, albeit slowly, that he stands for their core beliefs and throughout the last six months they slowly trickled away from the Paul campaign. You'll probably see some Paul supporters coast to the Cruz camp in NH because of the Cruz campaign's slow romancing but I do not believe this is going to make a difference. I would expect Bush to top Cruz in NH before Cruz takes 3rd, as crazy as that sounds.

railroad terror posted:

I like Rubio for 2nd here, too -- he's more palatable than Cruz, and the nature of it being a primary, not a caucus, does lend to more people sticking to their guns with Bush and Christie, etc. There won't be Rubio or Cruz supporters in the polling booths to convince Jeb! supporters to change their vote.
Great minds think alike. Rubio support will be really strong, but he won't stump the Trump.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Buy Trump Nos, dump them Sunday when Trump Yeses get cold feet.

Rubio Runner Up is a good buy right now before it inevitably goes higher with the trickling endorsements and movement in polls. The media narrative coming out of the next debate will say that Rubio won - mostly because he did the best at deflecting questions and talking about Obama and Hillary.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Why? No one expects Hillary to win NH. Best case for Bernie is that he wins big and maintains the status quo. Worst case is anything else, like even a close win. If somehow he loses, the DNom is over.

Bernie fans have been bumrushing his markets pretty predictably.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Easy money to be made if Bernie cruises to a double digit NH win --- his 25c to win the nomination will inevitably have a short spike.

e: A clean $48 to be made for anyone with the max to put down on CRUZ NO to win NH --- 1000+ shares available at 94c.

railroad terror has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Feb 4, 2016

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

railroad terror posted:

Easy money to be made if Bernie cruises to a double digit NH win --- his 25c to win the nomination will inevitably have a short spike.

Be careful with that kind of assumption!

Necc0 posted:

Always remember that on this site you're up against people playing the same game as you are, not the general public at large. It may seem like the latter a lot, but it's not.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trump yes in nh is at $.73. do we see that going much lower? are we expecting any polls that'll bring his price down?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

That's the point. People will think Bernie has momentum and that Hillary will lose NV afterwards. The price will spike up until people realize that Hillary has had a fat lead there for months. That's when we flip it. It's all very simple, really.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Abel Wingnut posted:

trump yes in nh is at $.73. do we see that going much lower? are we expecting any polls that'll bring his price down?

I think I'm holding off until maybe Sunday to jump in but this still looks solid to me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

I expect his lead to shrink, but perhaps not quickly enough to reduce the price.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
For the GOP VP Nom, it feels like a decent field to play since just about everyone except Kasich is > 80c for NO.

Rob Portman, for instance, feels underrepresented. Him being a senator in a huge swing state alone gives a lot of credit towards getting the VP spot simply for the one-off tactic of shoring up election chances.

I placed a long odds bet on him but don't know what else can be done with the GOP-VP market. I think I might just be trying to rationalize what is straight up roll of the dice gambling

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Who has the penny picks??

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

This seems like the safest bet with a decent payout on the site right now. It will fluctuate around and if you put an order in for 68 I bet it would be filled, but I don't see it going a lot lower. If anything it will trend higher as new polling comes out. The UMass/Channel 7 poll was mostly done after Iowa and its basically the same as before. New Hampshire takes pride in not following Iowa's lead besides.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I intend to spend a few hours combing through some polling data with a fine tooth comb, but I'm not sure what to look for yet, I gotta pick a market to investigate

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Latest buys:

Hillary No in Nevada (@ ~23c, I expect it to double after NH).

Trump Yes in New Hampshire (@ 67c, NH-only polls are what matter and he's still holding onto a huge lead in the state).

This looks like a win to me

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Zeta Taskforce posted:

This seems like the safest bet with a decent payout on the site right now. It will fluctuate around and if you put an order in for 68 I bet it would be filled, but I don't see it going a lot lower. If anything it will trend higher as new polling comes out. The UMass/Channel 7 poll was mostly done after Iowa and its basically the same as before. New Hampshire takes pride in not following Iowa's lead besides.

Yeah it's about as good as the Bernie NO for president from a few weeks back that was down to 65, because of the quicker return. Next Monday I get nearly 30 cents for all 200 of my shares, feels good man.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'm also Trump YES NH @ 69-cents. On the fence about maxing out on Trump.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Some guy in the comments made a big long effort-post about how Trump having a 20 point lead in the latest polls is actually bad for him, so I wager that's why it's so cheap to buy shares right now.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Could be the PPP poll from earlier today but I think they have their thumb on the scale a bit.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Sanders is in the low 90's, so buying Sanders Yes is 10%. What you have to ask is if Bernie of the likely 20-30 point lead and definite 50% threshold = more or less than 3 times as safe as Trump.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Some guy in the comments made a big long effort-post about how Trump having a 20 point lead in the latest polls is actually bad for him, so I wager that's why it's so cheap to buy shares right now.

Huh, didn't know Harry Enten was on PredictIt.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Adar posted:

Sanders is in the low 90's, so buying Sanders Yes is 10%. What you have to ask is if Bernie of the likely 20-30 point lead and definite 50% threshold = more or less than 3 times as safe as Trump.

I get what you are asking. I think both are overwhelming favorites to win, but Bernie probably is 3 times safer. Fewer moving parts in the Dem race, only 2 serious candidates, stable polling, less press coverage, no recent history of flavors of the month.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Buying a shitload of Cruz.Above20.NO in order to flip them when the iowagate news permeates.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

a cop posted:

Buying a shitload of Cruz.Above20.NO in order to flip them when the iowagate news permeates.

Thanks for the headsup, that poo poo is all over Twitter - and it's breitbart, i.e. the exact same people who made Ted Cruz. He's done.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

a cop posted:

I'm not a Republican, and I sure don't like this pile of dog poo poo, so I am probably don't have a good pulse on what the average Cruz supporter thinks. That said, I can't see Iowagate really mattering. It just reads like sour grapes.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

Okay, lets do this.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I'm not a Republican, and I sure don't like this pile of dog poo poo, so I am probably don't have a good pulse on what the average Cruz supporter thinks. That said, I can't see Iowagate really mattering. It just reads like sour grapes.

I kind of agree. Cruz's supporters are going to be heavily religious and if there's one thing religious people are good at it's denying and rejecting evidence to the contrary of whatever it is makes them feel good.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

apparently breitbart has another story about cruz coming out after nh that's way worse. doesn't look too good for him...

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Abel Wingnut posted:

apparently breitbart has another story about cruz coming out after nh that's way worse. doesn't look too good for him...

they're going to sit on a story for a week?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Arkane posted:

they're going to sit on a story for a week?
Some kind of internal political struggle since Breitbart is the site that brought the world Ted Cruz. Apparently it is no small potatoes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

New debate markets out! Coin flip mention yay or nay + speaking time.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

Those are risky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

a cop posted:

I like this, though...

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I get what you are asking. I think both are overwhelming favorites to win, but Bernie probably is 3 times safer. Fewer moving parts in the Dem race, only 2 serious candidates, stable polling, less press coverage, no recent history of flavors of the month.
Sanders is very likely to win, but...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/695030317921484800

Though also to be fair, Sanders has been consistently ahead and way more ahead than Obama was.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:44 on Feb 5, 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Stupid walls of texts effectively change the markets you say?

Interesting.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Second that this is a risky coin flip

However if I had to guess I'd say Clinton will get more time this debate

She is desperate and nervous and she tends to over-state things and go on and on feeling the crowd response as she talks, extending it until she can bring it to a soft landing.

Bernie does this "drop the mic" move when he feels he's got the advantage

• Locked thread