Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Deathy McDeath posted:

Currently taking 18 credits because I'm stupid as gently caress

-Physics
-Global econ.
-Iran (Zeris is in this too)
-Middle East history
-Calc I
-loving THEATER

at the date posted:

19 credit hours here.

At least two, maybe three of my classes are complete jokes (freshman core requirements that I'm taking late because I transferred), so I figured I wouldn't get a better opportunity to tack on an extra one.

Sweet loving Jesus. I mean I could (and still might) pop some modafinil and crush all my English 101 assignments in a day or two over a weekend, but God drat I'd lose my poo poo taking another course (even an easy one) on top of this unless it was literally poo poo I already knew to a T and just had to go through the motions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Applied for an internship which seemed really promising, until I got to the end of the online application and they started asking a bunch of questions about my familiarity with environmental sciencey sort of things. Was only able to answer one of those questions in the affirmative. Sounded like a near perfect job and it paid really well so this is all a bit disappointing. Better go find some backup plans.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm taking admiralty law, copyright, a prison reform seminar (have to write a 30 page paper for this), tax procedure, and sports law.

Write a paper on space piracy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Write a paper on space piracy.

Include quotes from Elite and EVE

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

-Physics for Scientists II (at least without a lab this time around thank god)
-Calc III
-Computer Applications (joke's on me, it's a numerical analysis class in disguise)
-Statics

All 13 credits total, I feel lazy for not doing 15 credit hours but gently caress me if I am going to keep my GPA up and not go insane

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
General Psychology
US History to 1877
MS Basic I :angel:
Fundamentals of music
Arranged courses for performance

I'm studying classical guitar performance on uncle SAMs dime, feels good man

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I do enjoy that you don't have to take non-program electives with a master's.

-Foundations of Systems Engineering
-Critical Infrastructure Systems Security

First class seems pretty easy so far. Second one is really interesting.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm taking admiralty law, copyright, a prison reform seminar (have to write a 30 page paper for this), tax procedure, and sports law.

Ask your teachers when it is appropriate or advisable, as a sovereign citizen, to enter joinder with a law enforcement official of the United States.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Molecular Biology & Genetics
Microbiology w/ Lab
Evolutionary Biology
Foundations of Clinical Ethics

Lotta cell bio/genetics stuff this semester. I'm hoping to get some overlap on the studying hours since I'm also working a part time gig as a research assistant at the hospital and doing a bunch of volunteering poo poo. Getting into medical school is a pain in the dick.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Are any of you guys that have good disability ratings getting pell grants at all? My wife just applied for FAFSA for her junior year of engineering next fall and wasn't eligible for any grants, only loans. Her expected family contribution came out to roughly 1/3rd of our total reported income. All of our income was nontaxable and most of it came from my 100% disability rating.

The financial aide lady at my wife's school told her that her application was done correctly and the EFC was right, but that in our area the income levels are skewed. She said that the Native Americans on the nearby reservations get free tuition at the university and either don't have to report their income or it isn't verifiable to get FAFSA, so the majority of grants go to them.

Was just curious if you guys were running into similar issues or if this is just a local thing.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Statics
Engineering Design
Differential Equations (ugh)
Biology I... because apparently the Bio. credit that I already have doesn't count. Ugh.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
12 credits (gently caress you if you're more than full time) studying Geology at University of Colorado:

General Chemistry II
+Lab

Earth Materials
+Lab

The Archaeology of Human History - this is a really fluffy, lame class, but (1) it's pretty interesting, (2) I need my leftist indoctrination credits and (3) there are shitloads of cuties so whatever

I was taking Calc II on top of that, but I could tell I was just headed for suffering and dropped it. I'll try to pad out a semester with Calc II and then just a bunch of hippy-dippy fluff next year. Without the Calc, I still get plenty of challenge from the Chemistry because I am pretty dumb. Last term, I had 14 credits, which I felt was the sweet spot for courseload, but I drat near failed Gen Chem I, and the only reason I walked out of Calc I with a B is because I diligently did all my homework and went to recitation every week.. Honestly, if I wasn't actually interested in rocks and mountains and whatnot, there is no loving way I would study a bunch of hard math and science poo poo and I would be getting blue squares speeches from vasudus like erry day

Delizin posted:

Are any of you guys that have good disability ratings getting pell grants at all? My wife just applied for FAFSA for her junior year of engineering next fall and wasn't eligible for any grants, only loans. Her expected family contribution came out to roughly 1/3rd of our total reported income. All of our income was nontaxable and most of it came from my 100% disability rating.
Was just curious if you guys were running into similar issues or if this is just a local thing.

I was ineligible for Pell Grant, too. I'm on disability retirement and have way too much welfare for more free school money it seems. I still need to go by the Financial Aid office to see what else I can scrounge up, though. Free money is 100% my poo poo. gently caress working for a living ever again.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Oh hey, here's a summary of our hilarious vet group

http://columbiaspectator.com/news/2...paign=8e4918fd8

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Deathy McDeath posted:

milvets ball

ew ew ew ew

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DownByTheWooter posted:

milvets ball

ew ew ew ew

It's actually really fun

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

12 credits (gently caress you if you're more than full time) studying Geology at University of Colorado:
General Chemistry II
+Lab
Last term, I had 14 credits, which I felt was the sweet spot for courseload, but I drat near failed Gen Chem I, and the only reason I walked out of Calc I with a B is because I diligently did all my homework and went to recitation every week.. Honestly, if I wasn't actually interested in rocks and mountains and whatnot, there is no loving way I would study a bunch of hard math and science poo poo and I would be getting blue squares speeches from vasudus like erry day

I am p. good at chem poo poo, if you need help PM me for personal contact info and I'll help you out. Chem II is a good bit more mathy through the thermo and kinetics sections.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

You'd think some Ivy Leaguers could come up with a better name than "Milvets"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

You'd think some Ivy Leaguers could come up with a better name than "Milvets"

It doesn't convey nearly as much snobbishness as it should. I feel like you can't be a derisive Ivy League type and say you are a member of the Milvets

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

It doesn't convey nearly as much snobbishness as it should. I feel like you can't be a derisive Ivy League type and say you are a member of the Milvets

The Lexington Gentry

The Brothers Proelium

The Charitas Council

All better names

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

12 credits.
Business Info Systems
Marketing
Advanced Accounting
Auditing

And I have an internship starting today. It's a good thing my computer is too old for XCOM2, because I'd have no time for it anyways. :suicide:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

DownByTheWooter posted:

milvets ball

ew ew ew ew

Awful lot of juicy girls in that photo.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Lexington Gentry

The Brothers Proelium

The Charitas Council

All better names

Colonel Angus, commanding.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

TheQuietWilds posted:

Molecular Biology & Genetics
Microbiology w/ Lab
Evolutionary Biology
Foundations of Clinical Ethics

Lotta cell bio/genetics stuff this semester. I'm hoping to get some overlap on the studying hours since I'm also working a part time gig as a research assistant at the hospital and doing a bunch of volunteering poo poo. Getting into medical school is a pain in the dick.

Thank God the BCHS PA program prerequisites for UW MEDEX are only 2 A&P (6cr), 1 General Bio (3cr), 1 Microbio, 1 Chemistry, 1 Stats, and 2 English courses. Fffffuuuuuck med school.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

17 credits

Advanced remote sensing

Applied Geographic Statistics

Anthropology Capstone

Geography Capstone

Anthropology careers (A two credit class that I just missed not having to take)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Remote sensing is cool as hell. I can't track down my :filez: copy of ArcGIS. :saddowns:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Intro to Woodshop
Intro to Woodshop
Intro to Woodshop
Intro to Woodshop
Advanced yoga pants peeping

but really
Operating System Principles (NERD ALERT)
Intro to AI (NERD ALERT)
German 2
Interpersonal Skills for Engineers (this class is retarded as gently caress, yet required...god damnit)

also playing club hockey for the school whooo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is that last one for real? I mean do you really have to educate engineers in basic social interaction?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is that last one for real? I mean do you really have to educate engineers in basic social interaction?

It's like trying to train a cat to have empathy I'm guessing

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The question is not "do you really have to" but "is it possible to"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's like trying to train a cat to have empathy I'm guessing

I'd rather do that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Please post course material.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Please post course material.

Can we at least see the syllabus lmao

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dear god yes.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
the syllabus doesn't do it justice. The first class we watched a clip of braveheart but not any of the cool bloody stuff. just Mels speech before his army got buttfucked.

Then she asked people to describe their ideal leader. People ignored what traits make a good leader in the workplace and instead described their ideal best friend as follows:
THEY SHOULD BE A GOOD LISTENER
COMPASSIONATE
UNDERSTANDING
etc...

Basically the traits for the type of boss you know you could get away with calling in sick every friday and sitting on the crapper for hours at a time the rest of the week.

Nothing to do with decision making.

Most classes involve watching poo poo on youtube for half the class then group activities the next.

Quizzes are cake. Every chapter has some sort of list of levels for some touchy feely crap like "levels of listening" or "levels of communication" Basically I don't read and just copy the list and a sentence about each level for the quiz and I get an A. There's usually a part where you describe a personal experience and how it relates to that chapter, so I usually write about retards I've had to work with in the past, and how they end up getting poo poo canned, then twist whatever it is I'm supposed to be learning in that chapter to make them look even more retarded.

Last week asked to write about how communication played a role in a past experience and if it was good or bad. I I wrote about how I communicated my disgust for another employee's work ethic by calling him a lazy rear end, and how it was negative for him because I called him names, but positive for the work crew since none of us had to put up with his poo poo anymore as he was fired the next day.

Today in "lab" we took the meyers briggs test, because you know that's super important. Towards the end we split the class into introverts and extroverts when the TA mentioned the introverts were talking more, and I said that they were just compensating. If you still don't think this poo poo is retarded, we split the class for an activity where we were told to come up with 3 questions for the other group. Like seriously, who gives a gently caress? My contribution was to ask the introverts how many fingers I was holding up because everyone was asking lame poo poo. "WHY ARE YOU INTRO/EXTROVERTED?" "WHY DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF INTRO/EXTROVERTED?" This chick in my group asked if they "liked solitary activities like playing solitaire". It was by far the worst pun I've ever heard in my life, and to hear it delivered by some chick who speaks in a constant tempo monotone voice was even worse.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 5, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh. I was hoping the class involved practical exams like shaking hands or saying good morning to a woman without staring at her chest.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010

Oh. I was hoping the class involved practical exams like shaking hands or saying good morning to a woman without staring at her chest.

Dude, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually had to do that at some point.

There's a dude in my german class who could use some pointers. When I got paired with him, the mother fucker chomped off all his finger nails in record time. Pretty sure he was njibbling on stubs by the end of class.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 5, 2016

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

or saying good morning to a woman without staring at her chest.

They save the most difficult stuff for advanced coursework.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

It's not nearly as bad as that, but the first goddamn thing we were told to do in my English 101 was write down our names and what the novel about our lives would be titled. I got to hear wonderful things from theater majors at a community college, the most :effort: ADN nursing students ever, and the entire rest of the spectrum of retarded freshmen which just ended up making me feel old as poo poo.

My (grossly under-appreciated) title? Mistakes Were Made.

I don't think my professor likes me.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

american college sounds like a pain in the rear end with all its bullshit electives and clubs/societes. though, that 'social skills for engineers' could certainly be applied worldwide.

"milvets"? lmao. Why don't you join a cool club like surfing or snowboarding or SCUBA or beer club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I am dumb

Zeris fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 5, 2016

• Locked thread