Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Pee-lay, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

hot sauce posted:

How did he say it?

Pee-Lee. I guess I'm surprised that despite being contemporary LA comedians with similar friends they never really crossed paths to the point that he hadn't heard the name to be able to repeat it.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 5, 2016

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Cats are like these weird little things that live with you.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Wolves are monsters

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Remember when Eddie Bravo kept calling it d-jango unchained and didn't understand that Cabin in the Woods was a satirical comedy

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I was just like *takes a hit* what the gently caress?!

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
*flicks lighter* Look at that, I just made fire in an instant. How weird is that? They just sell these things to anyone.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

Pee-Lee. I guess I'm surprised that despite being contemporary LA comedians with similar friends they never really crossed paths to the point that he hadn't heard the name to be able to repeat it.

He was just trying to say it phonetically. Dude has to pronounce A LOT of unique names on a near daily basis so I'll give him a pass on Peele.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

Anyone else getting tired of Joey Diaz? I used to listen to his podcast but recently had to unsubscribe because he's like a broken record. Tells the same stories over and over, repeats the same catchphrases, plays the same music repeatedly, and acts like he's a criminal mastermind. Seems way too proud of his past days and I get the feeling he's exaggerating things. I do find the guy funny and will listen to him when he's a guest on someone else's podcast, but can't take his own podcast anymore.

It's a lot better if you skip the last 30 minutes, all the Church podcasts end the same way. Lee and Joey get more and more stoned until Lee is catatonic and Joey spends 20 minutes telling himself the story of how he did something mundane like buy groceries or eat breakfast and watch TV and how that made him reflect about his addiction, daughter, criminal history, etc. Then it's 'wake up cocksucker' and Blue Apron/Onnit ads.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Pretty excited about Gary Clark Jr being on the podcast.

Hope Joe doesn't get too weird, Gary seems like such a mellow guy.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Apparently Joey's rear end in a top hat looks like a black guy's foot after he stepped on a fire cracker

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just went live with Bas Rutten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?powerfuljre?live

bango skank fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 17, 2016

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
After a week of archers and hunters, thank god.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Dangeda dangeda dang.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

always be closing posted:

Dangeda dangeda dang.

Holy poo poo. I haven't heard Bas Rutten in years, but I read that perfectly in his voice. Thank you.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I often think of how much different my life would be if I never stumbled across that video on YouTube over ten years ago.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

same

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Action Bronson out smoked Joe by about 10:1. I enjoyed it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dirt posted:

Action Bronson out smoked Joe by about 10:1. I enjoyed it.

I was just going to say it was a very enjoyable episode. I like Action to begin with but he's a good mixture of a dude who is down to earth/high enough to engage in some of the fun stupid stoner talk but also aware enough to steer the conversation away if Joe's about to go off the deep end about conspiracies and bigfoot. They were bizarrely friendly for just having met. My big takeaway though is that I'm really glad Jamie has completely displaced redban and that Joe is actually letting him talk now. Jamie seems pretty boring but he's good at steering the conversation when it stalls and interjecting info. In the beginning Joe didn't let him do that he just let him google.

The Gary Clark episode was alright but the dude was a little to passive. It seemed like he had a three word reply to every question.

I'm also going to definitely recommend the Bas episode for MMA fans. He was uncharacteristically sober and not goofing off. He also spent a lot of time talking about modern mma technique which was really nice to hear from a vet since I know most of his life story already and that would've been a bit of wasted time for me. The Robin Black episode is ok but he's an overenthusiastic nerd which can be grating to listen to for extend periods of time.

I can't think of any really bad episodes to roast atm because I've just been avoiding guests I'm not interested in. I guess the Bolelli episode was a bit dry and I gave up early on the Kingsbury ep because it was heavy primal/atkins diet chat that I have no interest in.

e- good part of the action episode was when joe said "were getting so high to the point we're going to just start repeating things" then literally 10 seconds later asked him how his show works with regards to finding restaurants to visit for the second time.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 25, 2016

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
That's such a spot on assessment of recent episodes.

I about died when Action, describing eating melted chipwich at 3 am as "piglet poo poo".

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

always be closing posted:

I about died when Action, describing eating melted chipwich at 3 am as "piglet poo poo".

Same, this made me laugh so hard. It also made me realize that I too do a lot of piglet poo poo

edit: how is the new episode with duncan?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
It's a Duncan episode. Apparently he is doing archery now, so some talk about that and then Ram Dass and the rest of the stoned philosophy bullshit.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Also 10th planet annunaki aliens loving monkeys.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
duncan owns duncan episodes own and this is a good duncan episode if you're dwd (down w dunc)

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

dwdd down with duncan's disease
only got one ball

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Have u considered opening your heart Chakra and shooting tendrils of love toward the aspect of destruction that took your ball

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Joe said that logic and reason didn't exist before electricity.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Keg posted:

Joe said that logic and reason didn't exist before electricity.

Well that's true. Logic and reason did not exsist before his podcast.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Joe Rogan had an AIDS denier on his podcast and brought his appearance up routinely for like 2 years afterwards, calling it "controversial".

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Joe Rogan routinely says vegans are weak idiots and guys who are feminists are all just betas trying to get laid and then brags about how doing mushrooms and sitting in a dark puddle of salt water makes him a nicer person.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Keg posted:

Joe Rogan routinely says vegans are weak idiots and guys who are feminists are all just betas trying to get laid and then brags about how doing mushrooms and sitting in a dark puddle of salt water makes him a nicer person.

All told Joe Rogan is a pretty nice guy and you'd probably come off worse if you had 700 hrs of your life logged in audio format.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Seltzer posted:

All told Joe Rogan is a pretty nice guy and you'd probably come off worse if you had 700 hrs of your life logged in audio format.

Well, he doesn't, and Joe did all of that on purpose so what's your point.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

An Enormous Boner posted:

Well, he doesn't, and Joe did all of that on purpose so what's your point.

He's saying that anyone with such a large amount of podcasts (it's definitely 700+ hours worth) is going to say some dumb poo poo. You can hand pick just the dumb things to make anyone look like an rear end in a top hat.

I agree that Joe is overall a pretty nice dude.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I just think it's an enormous waste of time to listen to a show for hours each week for years and then pick the lowest hanging fruit to make fun of especially when it's being a bit mischaracterized

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

hot sauce posted:

He's saying that anyone with such a large amount of podcasts (it's definitely 700+ hours worth) is going to say some dumb poo poo. You can hand pick just the dumb things to make anyone look like an rear end in a top hat.

I agree that Joe is overall a pretty nice dude.

I know, but nobody forced him to do 700+ hours worth of podcasts, and he does indeed say a lot of stupid poo poo and repeats that stupid poo poo many times. Saying that someone else would say stupid poo poo under the same circumstances is true, but it doesn't stop Joe Rogan from having said and repeated some real god drat dumb things. I also think he's overall nice.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

An Enormous Boner posted:

I also think he's overall nice.

I'm glad we agree on this.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
If I didn't enjoy listening to Joe and think he's a nice person I wouldn't listen to his show or post here.

But if you don't cringe like mad about some of the stuff he says -- not just offhand comments like the logic thing I posted but also poo poo that be repeats often enough that he can't be saying that stuff by accident like his "checkmate vegans" argument about how vegans feed their pets meat which somehow makes vegans wrong about something -- then you probably aren't paying attention.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, he repeats a lot of stuff, but, you know what? I bet we all do. If he was repeating the same thing, over and over, with the same person, week after week, then, yeah, it would be less understandable, but he's having these talks with different people. Yeah, he's going to tell the same stories or talk about the same points because they're on his mind. It's like having a friend who always tells new people the same story or talks about a particular topic. You may have heard it 1,000 times and be bored to death of it, but the person he's telling it to probably hasn't. In a way, you're not the intended audience. The conversation is between Joe and his guest, not us, the listeners.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
I saw some posts and expected them to be about this:

http://deadspin.com/dada-5000s-camp-calls-joe-rogans-fried-chicken-and-ora-1761071551

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

XIII posted:

Yeah, he repeats a lot of stuff, but, you know what? I bet we all do. If he was repeating the same thing, over and over, with the same person, week after week, then, yeah, it would be less understandable, but he's having these talks with different people. Yeah, he's going to tell the same stories or talk about the same points because they're on his mind. It's like having a friend who always tells new people the same story or talks about a particular topic. You may have heard it 1,000 times and be bored to death of it, but the person he's telling it to probably hasn't. In a way, you're not the intended audience. The conversation is between Joe and his guest, not us, the listeners.

That's a lot of words to write about something I never complained about.