Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Nail Rat posted:

Terrible advice, not having to drive to go literally anywhere owns

San Diego has a huge population and one of the worst public transit systems for a top 20 city. Everyone drives everywhere, which is why Qualcomm's parking lot is so huge and why it's so hard to get around in that part of town anywhere near game time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zurreco posted:

San Diego has a huge population and one of the worst public transit systems for a top 20 city. Everyone drives everywhere, which is why Qualcomm's parking lot is so huge and why it's so hard to get around in that part of town anywhere near game time.

Same with Houston, which is the 4th largest city in the US.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Ever since Salt Lake bought the Olympics they've been expanding their public transportation, it's been nice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

lol if your city doesn;t have an ikea

Oklahoma doesn't have one :negative:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I know I keep saying it, but everyone here should just move to Glasgow :scotland:

Live for pennies on the dollar, amazing public transport, and ludicrously cheap Scotch!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a job that exists in two cities. One is the one where I live, the other is the only city that is worse.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

kiimo posted:

I have a job that exists in two cities. One is the one where I live, the other is the only city that is worse.

That sounds like KC all right.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

lol if your city doesn;t have an ikea

Pittsburgh lords its Ikea over Cleveland.

Even 30 Rock made fun of Cleveland for not having an Ikea.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Metapod posted:

Oklahoma doesn't have one :negative:

The only cool thing about your state is that I could smoke inside a Buffalo Wild Wings (and bars I guess)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol if it takes you less than half an hour to get to a store that isn't owned by a 70 year old local or their progeny that charges a 50% markup on everything because they're the only place within 20 miles

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

old dog child posted:

The only cool thing about your state is that I could smoke inside a Buffalo Wild Wings (and bars I guess)

OKC is much better than everything around it, giving you the sensation of being in the last spit of civilization for hours in any direction

Tulsa's okay

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

That sounds like KC all right.

I've lived in LA over a decade. The other is NYC.

edit: also if we're complaining there is about a 1.50 discrepancy for the price of gas in my city (Studio City) based on how easy it is to get in the gas station.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 5, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Adlai Stevenson posted:

OKC is much better than everything around it, giving you the sensation of being in the last spit of civilization for hours in any direction

Tulsa's okay

Yeah, I was in Lawton which is probably the worst place I've ever been. OKC looked much nicer but I didn't get to spend any time there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
chicago bitch :twisted:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No thanks.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know I keep saying it, but everyone here should just move to Glasgow :scotland:

Live for pennies on the dollar, amazing public transport, and ludicrously cheap Scotch!

Does Glasgow need .Net developers? I'm game.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Having had lived there for 10+ years, Chicago is probably the best city in the US. That being said, Seattle is a smaller, cheaper, slightly warmer little brother to Chicago with no income tax and I'm not complaining.

San Diego is the worst, but at least they have good Mexican food. They don't make carne asada fries in the PNW :(. Spanos could get a new Qualcomm funded of he put an Albertacos or Rigobertos that served Hess or Ballast Point beers in the concourse.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

old dog child posted:

OKC owns tulsa is okay the Universities are pretty dope

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^how do you feel about Bartlesville?

I was in a long distance relationship with a med student at Northwestern and was in Chicago once a month minimum for years. I agree it is the best city in the country...during the months of September, October, April and May.

With props to Chicago St. Patty's Day.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

A friend was walking home after a night of drinking in Glasgow when a policeman asked him if he wanted to fistfight in an alley .He declined, the cop was disappointed but understanding.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Chicago had San Diego's climate year-round it would no doubt be the most populous city in the US

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zurreco posted:

Having had lived there for 10+ years, Chicago is probably the best city in the US. That being said, Seattle is a smaller, cheaper, slightly warmer little brother to Chicago with no income tax and I'm not complaining.

Seattle has really loving bad traffic and zero public transit. Good thing everyone there is a goddamn layabout or it'd suck getting anywhere.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

If Chicago had San Diego's climate year-round it would no doubt be the most populous city in the US

The weather keeps out the riff raff

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My stack of StreetWise papers throughout the years says otherwise.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

It's actually super easy to get loving tired of sunny days if you ever grew up somewhere with actual seasons. Chicago in the fall is better than San Diego at any time of year.

Bip Roberts posted:

Seattle has really loving bad traffic and zero public transit. Good thing everyone there is a goddamn layabout or it'd suck getting anywhere.

Seattle has bad highway traffic, yeah, but that's because of the geometry of the city. Basically 90% of people heading south of Vancouver or north of Portland are getting crammed into 3 lanes of highway because there are so few ways across the cut and you can't expand the freeway anymore than they have already. If there's a game at the CLink, highway traffic doesn't change very much because so many people bus or train to the games.

It also has pretty decent public transit that is about to get a huge boost with the street car and light rail expansions coming online. We don't have a subway system because we never planned to get so big but if we did have one akin to Chicago's Metra Seattle would be a top 5 transit city in the US for sure. That being said, I don't know where you got the idea that transit is bad out here but you should probably feel bad about being so wrong.

In contrast, SD and LA have the worst traffic I've ever had to sit in and SD's public transit is virtually nonexistant. I used to have a 20 mile work commute in SD that regularly took an hour each way, and that's AFTER the 5/805 expansion at the golden triangle split. If the Chargers are playing TNF/MNF, you're guaranteed to get stuck in place if you even look at 805, 15, or 52. That all pours onto the 5 and doubles your commute. Even SNF games shut down an entire half of the county.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zurreco posted:

It also has pretty decent public transit that is about to get a huge boost with the street car and light rail expansions coming online. We don't have a subway system because we never planned to get so big but if we did have one akin to Chicago's Metra Seattle would be a top 5 transit city in the US for sure. That being said, I don't know where you got the idea that transit is bad out here but you should probably feel bad about being so wrong.

Every time I've been to Seattle I've spent a whole lot of time sitting in a bus in gridlocked traffic.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

Zurreco posted:

It's actually super easy to get loving tired of sunny days if you ever grew up somewhere with actual seasons. Chicago in the fall is better than San Diego at any time of year.

It's easy to get tired of sunny days if you are a retard.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Southern California doesn't have seasons why am I freezing?

*low 50s

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

mike- posted:

It's easy to get tired of sunny days if you are a retard.

Welp, I'm a retard. I escaped southern California to live in the rain and it's probably the best thing I could have done for myself.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

If Southern California doesn't have seasons why am I freezing?

*low 50s

For those who actually have this view, gently caress you

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The parkas and knit hats come out up here in Sactown below 68 degrees I poo poo you not - granted most of these morons like 100+ degrees too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Everyone does, it can't be helped. I grew up in almost the same climate as you. My friend is from North loving Dakota. It only takes about three or four months to turn into a weather pussy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I never adapted to DC humidity. And everything is made of brick in my neighborhood, so its like living inside a giant brick oven in the summer. I'm not a pizza for crying out loud.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Keyser S0ze posted:

The parkas and knit hats come out up here in Sactown below 68 degrees I poo poo you not - granted most of these morons like 100+ degrees too.

Man gently caress sactown heat. So not looking forward to summer. Drives me insane

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

Everyone does, it can't be helped. I grew up in almost the same climate as you. My friend is from North loving Dakota. It only takes about three or four months to turn into a weather pussy.

Metapod posted:

gently caress you

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Twin cities owns

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

can i circumvent citizenship requirements by saying i'm a lifelong fan of celtic or rangers? like a right of return type thing that israel has?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
im spiritually japanese so ya

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Twin cities owns

I miss Minnesota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Metapod posted:

I've been wearing a sweater to work for the past 3 months

Sometimes I don't even take it off when it's 60 outside