Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hans now requires an entire team of berserkers to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I went back to KF1 recently and man, i probably won't be reinstalling KF2 until a few big patches down the line. Cause in hindsight most of my feedback to the EA version probably boiled down to "yeah just give me KF1 with new maps and prettier graphics/gore", and it's becoming very apparent that that's not really what they're going for.

Situation feels a bit similar to NS/NS2 in that way.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I really love the feel of KF2, which is why I keep up on news even though I don't play it right now. I think they really just nailed it in terms of models, animations, gunfeel, and atmosphere. My only real problem lies in the weird hatred of the player with stuff like stingy ammo counts and bullshit "remove player" attacks. I hold out hope for this because it's just a drat nearly-perfect base game and only needs some difficulty tweaks. I'd be more patient if it was the "open testing environment" they brag about.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

I really love the feel of KF2, which is why I keep up on news even though I don't play it right now. I think they really just nailed it in terms of models, animations, gunfeel, and atmosphere. My only real problem lies in the weird hatred of the player with stuff like stingy ammo counts and bullshit "remove player" attacks. I hold out hope for this because it's just a drat nearly-perfect base game and only needs some difficulty tweaks. I'd be more patient if it was the "open testing environment" they brag about.

I agree with this. I think it's worth reiterating that almost everything is great. In particular, I think the melee system is pretty drat solid. But there are a few little issues that seem to be universally repellent.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ammo can seem a little stingy (especially on certain, currently bad classes) but for functional classes it works, at least to Suicidal. Needing a Berserker and Medic in order to not wipe on Suicidal is getting old, though. Those and Hans Hans Hans are the major issues, everything else is good or has only minor issues.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Things are happening with this game again?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Yesterday me and the buddies managed to kill the Patriarch before (or during) his first healing phase. Is this a bug?

(at this point, seeing that we are not that great and are always wiped by the bosses, I have to assume)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I have had that happen multiple times and you could do it in the first game as well. I think you just have to stun him right before he starts to flee for health and then you can finish him. I wish Hans had something like that as well.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jim DiGriz posted:

Yesterday me and the buddies managed to kill the Patriarch before (or during) his first healing phase. Is this a bug?

(at this point, seeing that we are not that great and are always wiped by the bosses, I have to assume)

Nope. Actually, that's the way you're supposed to do it. You can force it to happen if you manage to lock him in with you, because he'll focus more on trying to break down doors rather than attack you when he decides to heal.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I doubt it's supposed to be QUITE as easy as it currently is to wax Big Daddy Paddy during his heal phase, but it was totally a thing in the first game if you planned and executed properly. I doubt it will be going away in this one, though specifics might change.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Nope. Actually, that's the way you're supposed to do it. You can force it to happen if you manage to lock him in with you, because he'll focus more on trying to break down doors rather than attack you when he decides to heal.

We were on the street, too, so he must have got stuck on something while trying to run away. We were just grumbling in the previous match about how bosses always wipe us, so maybe the game was just giving us some morale boost so that we don't uninstall the fucker.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Killing Pat before his first heal is a time honored tradition and shouldnt be hosed with, imo. If you have the tenacity to keep up on him like that, why not be rewarded for it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

You should definitely be able to one-cycle Patty but it should require more skill an co-ordination.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, locking him in with you should just result in him instantly bursting through a door.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeah, locking him in with you should just result in him instantly bursting through a door.

tried this and that is exactly what happens. Patty busts through the door like it is so much tissue paper.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

RIP all the floors. they've been killed and no more are alive

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KF2CP1

Tripwire released this poo poo.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 6, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Well I took it :shrug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't have opinions on the things it wants me to. What are the other pages like?

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
it's nice that they're asking, but it's a little hard to articulate something like "i feel the supports AA12 is fantastic and once it's in their hands they feel pretty good, but it doesn't have enough ammo to use during waves and the rest of their weapons kind of feel like rear end, plus welding doors is an almost entirely useless mechanic that can actually gently caress you over"

or

"firebug weapons feel fine, but weight limitations stopping you from carrying what would be a nice combination of weapons is anti-fun"

or

"berserker feels pretty good once it's at level 25, but core mechanics of the class are locked behind a level grind and it's really quite poo poo to be so ineffective while you wait for experience to roll in"

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I don't have opinions on the things it wants me to. What are the other pages like?

ITs just one other page, and let me c/p the questions: Did you play KF 1? How do you mostly play KF 2? (solo on/offline, with friends/strangers online) How many hours have you played KF 2? What level is your highest level perk in KF 2? How many perks have you reached level 25 with? What is your favorite official map? What is your favorite perk in KF 2? Have you intentionally used a perk leveling map or grinded to gain experience? (:v:)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea it needs a suggestion box so I can suggest stuff like make zerk not get any benefit from the armament perk, have it so Hans heal straight up kills a player, further nerfs to medic and zerker and tell them how if you're dying to scrakes and FPs its your fault, cause you need to buy an off perk katana on every class and parry perfectly so being shitters.

And oh make HoE harder, FPs in wave 2 or 3 please.

This is all poo poo I've heard in streams mind you, some people are really dumb or just to elitist and won't be happy till the game is impossible for anyone but the elite of the elite.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
We're getting a Director:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/956255905053891465

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I really wonder if the last question (btw I got a 2 page survey, not 1) is designed to weed out opinions to ignore or actually meant to target the appropriateness of the grind

anyway I put my money where my mouth is on that survey: gently caress Hans. :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I took it and admitted to using a grinding map.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skoll posted:

I took it and admitted to using a grinding map.

Same.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'm expecting scrakes and FPs in wave 3 for good teams.

And LOL at the unintended demo nerf.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I dunno, this seems pretty reasonable to me. Honestly the surprising thing for me is that they have to use a surveymonkey for some of these stats instead of being able to query it in-game.

The director functionality is a pretty great concept in theory, although how good it actually feels will depend on the fine-tuned details.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alteisen posted:

And LOL at the unintended demo nerf.

I'm just amused that even BEFORE the nerf the only perk that Demo would be better at (counting for a comparable level) would be Medic because that's the only perk that has no straight damage upgrade to perk weapons. Other than Gunslinger pistols I can't think of any weapon Demo should be using off-perk at this point anyways and 10% or even 15% isn't going to make any meaningful difference since they're for clearing trash with headshots. Obviously I'm not saying it should be like 30% to all non-perk weapons but it needs other bonuses included, like reload speed or recoil or something.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

That survey is neat! Hopefully it leads to some more productive, community-centric patches!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

That survey is neat! Hopefully it leads to some more productive, community-centric patches!

Yeah, some more detailed questions would be nice, but at least it should be able to convey back to them that both Hans and Demo are poop right now.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I put in that Hans an demo are overpowered just to gently caress with the data.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Abandoned Toaster posted:

I'm just amused that even BEFORE the nerf the only perk that Demo would be better at (counting for a comparable level) would be Medic because that's the only perk that has no straight damage upgrade to perk weapons. Other than Gunslinger pistols I can't think of any weapon Demo should be using off-perk at this point anyways and 10% or even 15% isn't going to make any meaningful difference since they're for clearing trash with headshots. Obviously I'm not saying it should be like 30% to all non-perk weapons but it needs other bonuses included, like reload speed or recoil or something.

Hint: Perks that help you not play your class are bad perks.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Hint: Perks that help you not play your class are bad perks.

Oh I totally agree, it's just like someone said earlier though, there's a number of skills for a bunch of classes where one is objectively better than the other choice and it's the case here too. I always have On-perk because Off-perk is pretty much useless and Tripwire would have to make it substantially better for me to even think about picking it, which I doubt they will.

Same with Grenade Supplier vs On Contact and Door Traps vs Siren Resistance.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Yea it needs a suggestion box so I can suggest stuff like make zerk not get any benefit from the armament perk, have it so Hans heal straight up kills a player, further nerfs to medic and zerker and tell them how if you're dying to scrakes and FPs its your fault, cause you need to buy an off perk katana on every class and parry perfectly so being shitters.

And oh make HoE harder, FPs in wave 2 or 3 please.

This is all poo poo I've heard in streams mind you, some people are really dumb or just to elitist and won't be happy till the game is impossible for anyone but the elite of the elite.

I really hope that TWI doesn't pull an Overkill and balances the game around the best of the best instead of making a fun co-op game where even decent pubbies have a reasonable chance of success if they use a bit of teamwork.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

closeted republican posted:

I really hope that TWI doesn't pull an Overkill and balances the game around the best of the best instead of making a fun co-op game where even decent pubbies have a reasonable chance of success if they use a bit of teamwork.

The gently caress are you talking about, payday 2 has gotten progressively easier

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
He probably quit before that was the case. For a while Overkill was only pandering to their elite customers. But now, yeah, I have people who almost exclusively can't click heads and they're still holding their own. I will play a game with two other people who aren't great at it and literally I will not help just gently caress around and we STILL beat the heist on overkill difficulty.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, Payday 2 developed to the point where it is just pointless to play anything under Overkill because even at that level the game is casually easily to beat most maps, though the Deathwish difficult still deserved its name by the time I moved on.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I stopped playing Payday 2 after the Irish girl DLC. No ragrets cause I've heard it is utter poo poo now anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I only regret stopping with payday 2 because the game is fun just became tangled in so many layers of horse poo poo that it wasn't worth dealing with. Increasingly more and more powerful dlc poo poo and things about all that just started feeling like a crappy cash grab with paying for movie tie in content and the worse microtransactions.