Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

hooah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I was at Riley and that in no way surprises me, like half the unit smoked weed or spice including the UPLs who would sweep it under the rug if it was a good soldier otherwise.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Don't read McNally's posts then FYI

I got emailed a list of gear that the army wants back. I found most of it except for four sets of ACUs (why?), a holster, her fleece, the throat protector from body armor (wtf?) and a set of SAPI plates (again, wtf?)

I probably should have just shrugged and said "nope, I can only find her cold weather gear and her rucksack. Sorry!" but then again I have no emotional attachment to her Army gear. We never served together, we just happened to be in around the same time.

They try to charge me, I'll tell them what they can do with themselves.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CIF can eat a train of dicks until the end of time. If I ever see a CIF worker again I'm going ask them why they got rejected by WalMart.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The only thing worse than everyone in the army are CIF workers.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Time has allowed my seething hatred of anyone who works in CIF to reduces itself to merely a boiling magma cauldron instead of the surface of the sun. With that clarity I've developed the mindset that I can laugh at CIF workers in addition to loathing their mere existence. I can do this by thinking to myself that the long faded high point of their life's glory was when they were a SGM or 1SG or however far they managed to crawl up the banks of the cesspool that is senior enlisted. The best years of their lives consisted of being a miserable gently caress and staying at work for 14 hours a day to avoid the dependapotamus they married back when they were too loving stupid to get out of the Army. That is far in the past, and they've doomed themselves to the irrelevance of bitching about seams of a sleeping bag for the rest of their pathetic lives.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I still think it's bizzaro-weird that CIF at Drum was so chill. I got my initial issue there and went back a week later when I noticed I was missing a strap for my ruck. Thought it was going to be a big ordeal, but the dude behind the counter just shrugged, went and got me one, and tossed it to me. Turn in was equally uneventful. I don't remember the exact details, but I had a bunch of crap in one of the bags and they didn't even check it.

I'm prepared to get screwed when I do go to CIF again, though. My luck can't hold out that long.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

CIF can eat a train of dicks until the end of time. If I ever see a CIF worker again I'm going ask them why they got rejected by WalMart.

Yes. gently caress them dudes. "There is a patch of dirt right here" *i rub it out* " I still can't accept this."

McNally posted:

I got emailed a list of gear that the army wants back. I found most of it except for four sets of ACUs (why?), a holster, her fleece, the throat protector from body armor (wtf?) and a set of SAPI plates (again, wtf?)

I probably should have just shrugged and said "nope, I can only find her cold weather gear and her rucksack. Sorry!" but then again I have no emotional attachment to her Army gear. We never served together, we just happened to be in around the same time.

They try to charge me, I'll tell them what they can do with themselves.

I think it's illegal for companies to try to collect debt from family members who "inherited" it. Not sure about the military but you know what to do if they come knocking. Hope poo poo gets better man.

In unrelated news, a LT apparently cashed in on soldier's ability to buy stuff.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/entertainment/2016/02/04/lieutenant-creates-military-themed-game-rival-cards-against-humanity/79783394/

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's really not that bad. I've been on a paid vacation in Garmisch all last month. I'm sure you all had plenty of opportunities to do awesome poo poo and just arenhahahaha I can't keep a straight face. I'm sorry. At least someone's having a good time, right? I'm sure the time will come for me to take a bite out of the poo poo sandwich, but it ain't today.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Motorpool needs to chill

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Aranan posted:

I still think it's bizzaro-weird that CIF at Drum was so chill. I got my initial issue there and went back a week later when I noticed I was missing a strap for my ruck. Thought it was going to be a big ordeal, but the dude behind the counter just shrugged, went and got me one, and tossed it to me. Turn in was equally uneventful. I don't remember the exact details, but I had a bunch of crap in one of the bags and they didn't even check it.

I'm prepared to get screwed when I do go to CIF again, though. My luck can't hold out that long.

I outprocessed from Drum CIF. I forgot how weirdly nice they were. You'll be fine.

I have a feeling the shittiness of a CIF office has to do with whether any TRADOC programs make use of it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

S-1 needs to chill

There ya go

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Motorpool needs to chill

goddamn it i wanted to make the motor t joke <:mad:>

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Booblord Zagats posted:

Motorpool needs to chill

PAC Finance is going to be even more hosed up than usual

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
b-b-b-but we did a safety brief sir IDK why a whole platoons worth of EMs would go get high

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The more I learn about Ranger School the dumber it seems. Guys spend over $1000 on the packing list only to have a high chance of getting dropped on day 1 during the PT test because the course accepts way more people than they can actually send through the course. There's no way in hell that anyone that gets sent to Ranger School can't do 49 push ups to the "Ranger standard." A tabbed infantry guy in my ARC class described it as "the gayest school in the army." Why the gently caress does the army have such a boner Ranger bullshit when the vast majority of failures happen for the dumbest, most arbitrary reasons.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

The more I learn about Ranger School the dumber it seems. Guys spend over $1000 on the packing list only to have a high chance of getting dropped on day 1 during the PT test because the course accepts way more people than they can actually send through the course. There's no way in hell that anyone that gets sent to Ranger School can't do 49 push ups to the "Ranger standard." A tabbed infantry guy in my ARC class described it as "the gayest school in the army." Why the gently caress does the army have such a boner Ranger bullshit when the vast majority of failures happen for the dumbest, most arbitrary reasons.

Ranger school is a shining example of everything that is wrong with the army. Let's put people through the shittiest conditions we can find, make them carry all sorts of heavy bullshit, and cause potential life-long injuries all in the name of becoming a mototard and loving the big green weenie :downs:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Dude you should tell someone this

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Army does something pointless for poor reasons? :monocle:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The decline begins

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
When my unit was sending plenty of people to ranger school, if you last name started with an S or higher you failed the PT test. And then if you are enlisted you get to go direct parking at the infantry museum. And if you are an officer you get to be responsible for a bunch of dumb fucks who are now told they are special and can do no wrong.

Sounds like a pretty ideal situation really.

While you are at Benning ask about the 2 buses full of rangers!!!!11! that played chicken on dixie road and collided head on. Their CO signed off on their licenses and didn't have them do, you know, driver training because rangers can do everything or some such bullshit.

Also ask about the highest rate of dude on dude rape in the entire army down at ranger batt on Benning.

Or using main post as a race track for their quad bikes and loving themselves up on the reg and getting the loving roads blocked off all the loving time.

And then having them cry and beg to surrounding units to let them borrow HMMWVs or FLAs or whatever vehicle because they've flipped/wrapped around a tree/burnt to the ground all of theirs, and when you tell them to gently caress off they go cry to the brigade level.

Now go put anyone with a tab in charge of drat near everything in the army. A pretty ideal situation really.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The only encounter I've had with anyone from the ranger batt was when I was at the golf course on main post last summer and a ranger drunk out of his god damned mind came over and tried to give us golfing lessons and then started sharing his life wisdom. Afterward he sprinted off into the sunset, no idea what happened to him after that.

edit: I take that back, one of my OCS cadre was fresh from 3rd Ranger BN as a PL and XO. I have yet to encounter anyone in the Army with as few fucks to give as him. I never saw him wear a PC, had long hair, always had his sleeves rolled up and his boots unbloused. Left the Army literally days after my class graduated.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 7, 2016

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Ive met a couple of cool ex-rangers, they were pilots who were CWs though so they didnt give a gently caress in general.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjWS0SBgoM

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I really though Mustang's decline/awakening would be slower. I guess this means you are smarter than the average LT. Congratulations! You understand the pointlessness that is everyone's lives in the army.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Welcome to the layer cake

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I've noticed a trend, the dumbest motherfuckers are the ones who say Ranger School was easy, and the smart people say it was stupid and lovely. Hmmmm....

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Justin Tyme posted:

I've noticed a trend, the dumbest motherfuckers are the ones who say Ranger School was easy, and the smart people say it was stupid and lovely. Hmmmm....

Pretty similar in USAREC really, now that I think about it. Idiotic people just gobble up that army dick like the army is doing them a favor whenever they plow in.

HERE PUT THIS IN YOUR TOOL BOX NCOS

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 7, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
or

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If that's a plot, it should be dots. Unless the line is an absolute average of everybody in the Army that nobody deviates from.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I was just making a dumb chart. It looks about as rational as any I've seen in an army presentation. See my source for more info. :shrug:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The only thing I see wrong with that chart is how high up on the intelligence scale privates are.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Aranan posted:

The only thing I see wrong with that chart is how high up on the intelligence scale privates are.

Yeah. This.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But aren't they at the bottom of the intelligence scale? High up on motivation.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hey new guy, print that out and put it on your left sleeve and memorize some cool responses to those unhip NCOs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

quote:

STUDY: Majority of Army Personnel Report They Are Just ‘Social Drinkers’

THE PENTAGON — A new study conducted by the Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) turned up some surprising results, most notably the fact that 98% of soldiers enrolled in ASAP are social drinkers, which means they only consume 2-3 drinks a week, in social settings.

“It was really baffling to me,” said ASAP Chief Researcher Colleen Lawrence. “We have commander’s risk inventories, ASAP input surveys, and pre/post deployment health assessments. And across the board the results were the same. Almost every single soldier involved in some type of alcohol incident reports that they are just social drinkers.”

According to a source familiar with the study, all of these programs send their results to unit commanders to help them identify which soldiers may have issues with drugs or alcohol.

“I find it hard to believe that a force with almost zero admitted cases of alcoholism or drug abuse can still suffer an average of 275 daily DUIs, 14 weekly alcohol related deaths, and a further 59,400 alcohol related injuries a quarter,” said Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, who has demanded answers explaining the discrepancy, and solutions to cut down on the amount of social drinking incidents.

Fort Bragg responded by implementing a program called “Fun and Sober,” offering soldiers alcohol-free weekend events like local youth mentorship and community volunteer opportunities as an alternative to partying at downtown bars and strip clubs.

“Unfortunately we quickly learned that the initiative was a stunning failure of epic proportions, and actually caused DUI numbers to spike during the three weeks of implementation,” said Col. Steve Efram, an 18th Airborne Corps spokesman.

Efram did admit that the program was a huge success among Mormon soldiers and those with no friends.

Fort Carson chose to develop its own “Army Sober, Army Strong” campaign, offering soldiers incentives to stay on post and off booze during their off-duty hours, such as getting to throw a pie in the face of their company leadership after a month of no drinking, or receiving certificates of achievement during close-of-business formations. Unfortunately that too met with abysmal results, according to an officer involved in the program.

Gen. Milley has given force commanders two months to come up with a solution to the problem.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/02/study-majority-of-army-just-social-drinkers/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pretty on point as usual. It's not Army Stupid until you identify a problem by spending millions of dollars saying there is no problem.

• Locked thread