Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Ah... Don't suppose he can afford therapy?

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He's got a support group of men in similar situations as he is but they spend most of their time drinking and denouncing the matriarchy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Think about the kind of family that lets the disfigured younger brother who was down for the cause from the beginning get a public defender.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Someone did something;

quote:

Bj Soper
7 mins

The desecration of Lavoy's site today has me heart broken. What has our Country come to when it's ok to destroy a memorial for a life lost?

Today at 1pm, we will convoy back to the site to pay respects... The material items lost are not the point of the site. They were only a symbol. Nothing changes within ourselves and our ability to grief for a life lost needlessly...

Honor, respect, dignity....the moral high ground will always be maintained.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Did Al ever talk to a therapist in the show?

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Someone did something;

So the tarps blew away? This is TERRIBLE.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Karl P. Koenigs
5 mins

The Governments murdered LaVoy Finicum in Political execution. Listen Patriots, Constitution ENFOR (enemy forces) have Burns Oregon under full out martial law. The people of Burns have to go through checkpoints and often patted down.

I need 400 men to cordon off the cordons (roadblocks) with 100 troops BEHIND each roadblock to cordon off each the cordons about 4 clicks behind each roadblock.

If you care and have the guts to restore Liberty sign up for this mission and spread the word to all units across the Republic.

Acknowledge.

We might save the lives of four of the bravest Patriots in America. And, liberate the People of Burns from a most heinous form of tyranny since our last World superpower empire Government and the Redcoats.

I would like to see four Militia commanders pull One Hundred men or more each and contact me back by 0800 MST tomorrow morning. Nobody should deploy until we have the committed numbers to make this Op succeed, at which point I will provide a safe secure rendezvous point for the force, which will not be provided until we have established the required number of operators.

The rendezvous point shall be in a location with a Constitutional Sheriff who supports and Defends our cause and our Ninth and Tenth Amendment supreme laws of the land and who will have our six.

By the grace of our almighty God, Freedom may be saved and restored.

LaVoy is watching.

Share...

- Capt. Karl

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Fionnoula posted:

So the tarps blew away? This is TERRIBLE.

Show some goddamn respect. That man died to return a bird refuge to profitability.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Someone did something;

they cut the tarp up and gave it out at the funeral lady

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Anosmoman posted:

Show some goddamn respect. That man died to return a bird refuge to profitability.

truth, that bird refuge is gonna get so many visitors (for a bird refuge in the middle of nowhere)

the bundy bump

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

From an article about how the locals are responding to the occupation:

quote:

A group of local people on Facebook was discussing how to voice their support for law enforcement, said Melissa Alfstad, one of the group's members. They decided that a billboard would be a good way to do that.

When one of them called Meadow Outdoor, the company offered to put up two billboards for free, Alfstad said.

One of the billboards reads "Our heroes making Harney County proud" next to a picture of officers in front of the Harney County Sheriff's Office. The other billboard reads "We are Harney County We have our own voice."

At a cost of about $400 per billboard per month, the company will keep the signs up until the occupation is over, said Chris Zukin, general manager.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/militia_group_backs_down_billb.html

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

need 400 men to cordon off the cordons (roadblocks) with 100 troops BEHIND each roadblock to cordon off each the cordons about 4 clicks behind each roadblock.

Hmmm, isn't the spelling "klicks" more common in the military, since it's short for kilometer?

I mean, it's more of a spoken-word expression so I could see even an ex-mil spelling it wrong because they don't commonly see it in print, but that spelling just jumps out at me as hinky.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

A little late, but no, the shofars aren't a Mormon thing (this was asked already).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Hmmm, isn't the spelling "klicks" more common in the military, since it's short for kilometer?

I mean, it's more of a spoken-word expression so I could see even an ex-mil spelling it wrong because they don't commonly see it in print, but that spelling just jumps out at me as hinky.

Also he said acknowledge in the middle of his text based rant so I'm thinking this is more military cosplay. All that SUPER COOL MILITARY LINGO is because radios are lovely so typing something like whiskey tango foxtrot proves you're a loving moron.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

THAT's what you found hinky?!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Nice military speak.

"Affirmative, I'm in your AO. Snacks and dildos inbound! Jefferson Actual out."

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Shageletic posted:

THAT's what you found hinky?!

Well, this sentence is also a thing of beauty:

quote:

I need 400 men to cordon off the cordons (roadblocks), with 100 troops BEHIND each roadblock to cordon off each the cordons about 4 clicks behind each roadblock.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I continue to love how the militias continue to claim to speak for the locals and that they are working in their interests when every single article indicates the locals are overwhelmingly pro-law enforcement in this situation and hold the militia and protesters responsible for every inconvenience they're experiencing.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/Karimala1/status/696073081903644672

This will totally happen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So they're trying to roadblock the roadblocks? What exactly is that supposed to do?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
First 400 men, now 2500? Why not ask for a few tanks, maybe an attack helicopter or two?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Really? People who are plotting to kidnap public officials are getting threatened? Impeded? Heavens!

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

kartikeya posted:

A little late, but no, the shofars aren't a Mormon thing (this was asked already).

He'd need a fanfare trumpet if was doing the Moroni thing. Or a vuvuzela.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
So can we call this whole thing the White Lives Matter movement yet?

Or maybe White Lives Are Untouchable By Law Enforcement movement?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

Really? People who are plotting to kidnap public officials are getting threatened? Impeded? Heavens!

Are not some floating the idea of executing some of the public officials for being traitors too?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Googling Karl P.Koenigs leads to a whole rabbit warren of insanity.

He's written an article called "What would Davy Crockett Say?" in which he calls for the violent liberation of Wisconsin which was handed out at NRA rallys, is a Birther and does the right wing radio rounds calling for an "American Spring" uprising and describes himself as "self trained military."

It may shock you to know he also has set up a bunch of gofundme's and run off with the money each time. Including for something called "Operation Impenetrable Wall"

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

So can we call this whole thing the White Lives Matter movement yet?

Or maybe White Lives Are Untouchable By Law Enforcement movement?

Law abiding citizen to these guys just means a white person that disagrees with the idea that proof of malice aforethought should void their otherwise perfectly valid self-defense claim.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

It may shock you to know he also has set up a bunch of gofundme's and run off with the money each time. Including for something called "Operation Impenetrable Wall"

It's an event where fat white people hold hands in a straight line. Bullets can't penetrate that girth.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

So they're trying to roadblock the roadblocks? What exactly is that supposed to do?

They're cosplaying the Battle of Alesia.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

If I'm reading this right, his plan is to get a hundred men behind each roadblock(cordon) in order to outflank and take them over, because roadblocks(cordons) don't work both ways or anything. In order to execute this plan, he puts it up on social media, making it clear to anyone watching a) what his plan is and 2) that he doesn't have the manpower to carry it out yet. "Anyone" includes the FBI, which doesn't have to use social media for their super-top-double-secret plans and can outright order agents and state troopers to secure the roadblocks(cordons).

Skinty McEdger posted:

describes himself as "self trained military."

Pffffffahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaa this dude would get laughed off a loving Halo clan

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fionnoula posted:

Bundy brand over Nevada, Finicum brand over Arizona.

I imagine the conversation in this dude's home went something along the lines of "French mercenaries have murdered LaVoy! Wife, you stop that scrapbooking right now and break out the Cricut machine, we have Very Important Patriot window decals to make!" and then a flurry of crafting commenced.

I'd buy those along with a sticker to put underneath that says "If you support these people, you are a dumb gently caress. Kill yourself"

Kazak_Hstan posted:

There are lots of sympathetic people to not make fun of for substance abuse. This is a family of shitheads so lol.

I don't think anyone's made fun of his drug abuse. It's the boneheaded retard gene that plagues his family that people are mocking. You went through all the torture of years to get clean, then gently caress up because you skip some court dates because "gently caress the state". Then get busted for running an illegal business on federal land which just happens to be the family trade with the other assholes. I mean these guys are like the poster family for "don't do X because this happens". A bizarro Brady Bunch if you will

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 6, 2016

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

chitoryu12 posted:

Making it completely impossible to do literally anything in Burns and securing the undying hatred of the entire community?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ChlamydiaJones posted:

"What has our Country come to when it's ok to destroy a memorial for a life lost?"

The same country it was when he and a group of fucktards rifled through personal poo poo in a locked office, rifled through artifacts, bulldozed an archaeological/sacred site and told both the people that worked and the people that lived there to go pound sand when they asked said group of fucktards to get the hell out.

Skinty McEdger posted:

From an article about how the locals are responding to the occupation:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/militia_group_backs_down_billb.html

Now that's a company I respect.
Sadly I'll bet these asshats deface them at their earliest opportunity

Skinty McEdger posted:

I continue to love how the militias continue to claim to speak for the locals and that they are working in their interests when every single article indicates the locals are overwhelmingly pro-law enforcement in this situation and hold the militia and protesters responsible for every inconvenience they're experiencing.

Not only that, but then blame the law for taking measures at the request of the townspeople to keep them safe from these idiots. I swear the reality disconnect is amazing.
Should just start arresting all these clowns as they pop up because their mental state is seen as a threat to society and themselves. Who cares if they rant about government overreach in a padded cell.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 6, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Skinty McEdger posted:

Crisis actor, propaganda, sheeple, ect.

Can't keep being the brave patriot if you don't learn to block out all those nasty voices telling you that your cause makes no sense or your actions are destructive.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Self-trained military.

Can I get off the sadness train now, or should I ride it to the last stop?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Logical conclusion of the army of one slogan.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

SedanChair posted:

Can I get off the sadness train now, or should I ride it to the last stop?

But there is no last stop, m'sieur

*steps out of darkness, revealing a skeleton in a train conductor's uniform*

We never stop.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

ShadowHawk posted:

So wait does that mean the ATV drive-on-public-lands "protest" actually got him arrested? Or was that a different incident?

That article is a year old...

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

Murderion posted:

But there is no last stop, m'sieur

*steps out of darkness, revealing a skeleton in a train conductor's uniform*

We never stop.

I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

the fbi remembered to bring snacks so...nothing

• Locked thread