Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

MrBling posted:

Oh good, it has been at least two years since we last had the nazi talk in the metal thread. It was just as boring back then.

NSBM is a small subset of black metal and is labelled as such to keep it away from the other black metal.

The fact that it exists doesn't mean that the "metal scene" (whatever you might think that is) all think that its a great idea to have explicitly neo-nazi metal around. But the thing is, there is no big centralised metal scene that can take collective action. It just doesn't exist and all these people looking at it from the outside and calling to action are completely missing that part of it.

Industrial Martial is at this point, basically just a codeword for "neo-nazi" and its a bit like the RAC bands in the 80s that were really more about white power than about being anti-communist. The only difference is that the guys in the NSBM bands don't actually care that people know about their ideology.

In death metal you have a band like Arghoslent who write songs about historical racism and then hide behind the historical aspect when people call them racists. Bands like M8L8TH, Nokturnal Mortum and guys Rob Darken and Varg don't give a poo poo what people think and as such don't hide anything.

There is no way to get rid of these bands since there will always be labels willing to release their albums and there will always be people willing to buy them.
That's a good summary of the situation and everyone shut the gently caress up about it until the next time Phil Anselmo gets drunk and yells "1488" or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I dunno guys we all like Satan a lot so liking Hitler doesn't actually seem that bad by comparison maybe?

The gently caress is this?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

nerve posted:

The gently caress is this?

Possibly a thing referred to as a "joke"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hmm, tell me more.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You might be onto something kid

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Satan is a cool and good guy who just wants you to smoke weed and carve pentagrams into textbooks so it's not a good joke IMO.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Satan is a cool and good guy who just wants you to smoke weed and carve pentagrams into textbooks so it's not a good joke IMO.

And in Hitler's defense, he did kill Hitler.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

And in Hitler's defense, he did kill Hitler.
Yeah but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

muike posted:

who's going to voivod/vektor tomorrow night

is now tonight

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Next topic: Ethics in video game metal journalism.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Vargatron posted:

Next topic: Ethics in video game metal journalism.
Didn't someone try to make "GamerGate for metal" a thing that went over even more poorly?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Didn't someone try to make "GamerGate for metal" a thing that went over even more poorly?

Yeah, it was ANUS/deathmetal.org

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh hey, lots of new posts in the metal thread, let's see what's happ---

quote:

:godwin:

Welp back to XCOM 2

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

This is good https://scumripper.bandcamp.com/releases

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJEqwkTscU

Russia continues to impress

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
this is exactly the gutter trash i wanted today, thanks for this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Really wished I lived in L.A. right now.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

symbolic posted:

Really wished I lived in L.A. right now.

with that much satan in dismantle's logo i'm disappointed they could only get halfway to 666 for the venue address

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

So as usual I'm way behind and only just lately listening through Fenriz's radio show on soundcloud. Besides just digging the songs he picks I'm really appreciating what I guess you would call technical commentary, 'the drum sound in this reminds me of so and so' 'This riff is like what I want to do in Darkthrone' and so on.

I'd love recs for other podcast sort of things along that line that are a little more than a bare curated playlist.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

thanks

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Say what you like about Slipknot but they put on a good live show. Just got back from seeing them here in North London and it was good. Dudes have energy, its fun to see the two percussionists rising and turning on their beerkeg drums or whatever and the DJ guy running around doing jazzhands and jumping off poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

henpod posted:

Say what you like about Slipknot but they put on a good live show. Just got back from seeing them here in North London and it was good. Dudes have energy, its fun to see the two percussionists rising and turning on their beerkeg drums or whatever and the DJ guy running around doing jazzhands and jumping off poo poo.
I like a few SlipKnot songs here and there and wouldn't mind seeing them live if they happened to be in the area. :unsmith:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

henpod posted:

was that the show sikth is playing?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Yeah they were the first opening. Maybe it was the sound mixing but they didn't seem that great.

henpod fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 10, 2016

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
New Cobalt track up at NPR. Not entirely sold on the new vocals but I dig everything around them.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The one group I've listened since high school, Otep, is coming out with a new album after she said they weren't gonna make another. It might be bad and people have to deal with her diva attitude at shows again.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Saw Slipknot three times, first time was uh quite an experience because it's a rather intense show. Still got bored halfway through. The other times I was just standing being bored, waiting for it to be over.. I didn't grow up with them though while it was a gateway into metal for my younger 'metal gig buddy', needless to say he really enjoys their shows.

I actually try to get something out of it, as they put on a pretty cool show and there's something interesting in their whole being but I can't get over the angsty and whiny vocals and, to me at least, lack of decent songwriting.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Shakenbaker posted:

New Cobalt track up at NPR. Not entirely sold on the new vocals but I dig everything around them.

Got high hopes for this, i really liked the latest Lord Mantis LP so i'm down with the new vocals

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
For any Joel Grind fans out there :
Looks like he's doing an instrumental album with Davie Allan. Comes out March 11th.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153311720971892

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like he's doing an instrumental album with Davie Allan. Comes out March 11th.

Aw man, when you said Davie Allan, I thought that might be a nickname for David Allan Coe. I got my hopes up for a Toxic Holocaust "Rebel Meets Rebel", and now I don't know what to do with them.

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

There are a couple tracks up on Bandcamp already:
https://joelgrind.bandcamp.com/album/davie-allan-joel-grind-split

Good poo poo, I'm on board.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
Is nobody talking about the new Obscura? The whole album was released a few days ago. Favorite song is Ode to the Sun:

http://obscura.bandcamp.com/

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

symbolic posted:

Hey now, In Flames had good albums before they tried to ape Devildriver and failed at it.

e: This owns bones, but I can't go. :sigh:

Nice thanks for posting that. Anyone in MN?

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Vektor loving slays live. If the Voivod/Vektor tour comes anywhere near you, go!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bitchkrieg posted:

Vektor loving slays live. If the Voivod/Vektor tour comes anywhere near you, go!
I wish I could. They're hitting Lancaster ~25 minutes away on Friday but I'm loving broke. :negative:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Bitchkrieg posted:

going tomorrow :getin:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bitchkrieg posted:

Gonna see them on the 20th in Ybor. Love Voivod and I'm stoked to see a full set, Vektor are icing on the cake.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm definitely going to that show too. Hopefully I can go to Exmortus next week too but I don't know if I can get off work the next day.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What's really got me stoked is that week in March with Abbath/High on Fire/Skeletonwitch, Bongzilla/Black Tusk/Lo-Pan, and Intronaut/Scale the Summit. Like... yeeaaaah

And then Sunno))) back to back with Melt Banana/Melvins/Naplam Death a couple weeks later.

Gonna be fuckin' sweeeeeet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Has anyone seen Black Sabbath on this tour? I've never seen them and my friend wants to buy tickets tonight/tomorrow morning for next week, but they're ~$150. I'd essentially be going to say that I've seen them, but can Ozzy even form words anymore?