Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Yeah I would deifnitely unlock it...which is why it's a dillemma - I have 740 CC right now, which should be enough to get me through the next month or so after the 400 unlock

Make sure you have a security key tied to your account for a free 100 coins per month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks for all you help, Medullah, and sorry about the lovely questions.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Firstborn posted:

Thanks for all you help, Medullah, and sorry about the lovely questions.

It's what I do. Every page. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hi posted:

havent had any luck yet, Ill keep searching.

Post when you are on tonight and if I'm around (I should be) I'll log on and invite you.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Medullah posted:

Make sure you have a security key tied to your account for a free 100 coins per month.

Yeah I did the whole time I was unsubbed for 3 years - nearly 4k from it

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Medullah posted:

The coins are tempting but I'm already annoyed that I can't streamline my login process (I have to type my whole password every time? laaame).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

It's what I do. Every page. :D

Hey so, with the heroic quests, are they worth doing at higher levels or does the reward not scale. Asking for a friend.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Geniasis posted:

Hey so, with the heroic quests, are they worth doing at higher levels or does the reward not scale. Asking for a friend.

ABH

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Geniasis posted:

Yep, good money and from 61-65 they reward you the Alliance crates you need to raise influence with the Alliance Commanders.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

Yep, good money and from 61-65 they reward you the Alliance crates you need to raise influence with the Alliance Commanders.

Haha, I was just joking since you literally just answered a page ago.

Still though, props to your saintly patience.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
My only issue with the gorgeous KOTOR vibroswords is that my Imperial Agent can't use them. Shameful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Geniasis posted:

Haha, I was just joking since you literally just answered a page ago.

Still though, props to your saintly patience.

Dude read through the thread, you'll see me answering the same 4 questions over and over and over and over again. ;)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I was feeling lucky and plopped down 400k for 2 Alliance Packs - and pulled a Nexu license
Is it worth selling it, (they're running about 6.5m on my server) or should I use it?

I have about 12-15 million liquid between my characters

If you're still on the fence about using the Nexu license, I would highly recommend it. I have no regrets about that thing, having bought two hypercrates trying to get it. It's awesome. You can buy gifts with jawa junk to get a ton of influence really fast, and you unlock "tricks" at higher influence levels where it does these awesome animations. I think they work as rest&recharge abilities. There's this one called "preen" where it licks its paws and washes its face, and your character will "preen" at the same time, doing a little "fix my hair" animation. It's so entertaining.

Also, my cat gets really excited whenever the nexu is on the screen, and climbs up on the desk and tries to play with it. It makes it a little challenging to play the game, but it's also adorable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If you're still on the fence about using the Nexu license, I would highly recommend it. I have no regrets about that thing, having bought two hypercrates trying to get it. It's awesome. You can buy gifts with jawa junk to get a ton of influence really fast, and you unlock "tricks" at higher influence levels where it does these awesome animations. I think they work as rest&recharge abilities. There's this one called "preen" where it licks its paws and washes its face, and your character will "preen" at the same time, doing a little "fix my hair" animation. It's so entertaining.

Also, my cat gets really excited whenever the nexu is on the screen, and climbs up on the desk and tries to play with it. It makes it a little challenging to play the game, but it's also adorable.

Oh yeah I forgot about that part - Jawa Junk vendors sell green and blue grade 6 delicacy and droid gifts, so if you have a gigantic stack of junk it's very easy to get a very effective (in battle, they can't craft) companion. I think one stack of 99 green Jawa junk with the gift legacy perk gets you to 16 or 17 influence which is more than enough to do most anything in the game.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Empress Theonora posted:

I hope there's a two-bladed version for my inquisitor or consular.

There is. You're welcome.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

nonentity posted:

There is. You're welcome.
From what I saw of the preview images it looks like you made the hilt on the double bladed version is slightly shorter than normal. If so, you're the absolute best because most of the double bladed sabers are really long and look extremely weird to me when they're sheathed.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 7, 2016

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Mercurius posted:

From what I saw of the preview images it looks like you made the double bladed version is slightly shorter than normal. If so, you're the absolute best because most of the double bladed sabers are really long and look extremely weird to me when they're sheathed.

I try.

Also the kotor inspired vibroblades retract when sheathed.

Also also, desert green crystal is the return of the Jedi Luke green

Also also also, some other neat stuff in there, can't remember it all cause development is all a blur by now.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nonentity posted:

I try.

Also also also, some other neat stuff in there, can't remember it all cause development is all a blur by now.

At any point do you wish you could go back to an elementary school you, maybe when you're having a particularly bad day, and say hey buddy cheer up, when you grow up you're going to get to draw light-sabers, for a living.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

nonentity posted:

I try.

:allears:

Gonna buy a crate with real money for this as a way of saying thanks, I think.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Iron Tusk posted:

At any point do you wish you could go back to an elementary school you, maybe when you're having a particularly bad day, and say hey buddy cheer up, when you grow up you're going to get to draw light-sabers, for a living.

Yeah, more often than I'd care to admit, I'd be hoping me from the future could come back to me in the now and do the same thing.

When I was six, I saw Star Wars for the first time at school during a rainy day with no recess. I told my mom on the way home, "that's what I want to do."

She said, "what, fly spaceships?" I said, "no, build the models and do the effects."

I got pretty close, I guess.

I still would like the periodic reassurance of time-traveling future me.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Huh... when I quit playing SWTOR back in 2013, I had 881 Cartel Coins. I had no idea that they would keep accruing for various things while I was gone. Between a bunch of friends referrals (one of which is still going on it appears), a couple more months of subscription before it ran out, and the security key, I came back to 16331 Cartel Coins. That's a fairly pleasant surprise.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Oh yeah, I actually modeled the Unstable Arbiter saber after one I am building in the shop...

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Exegesis_08.html

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

^^^ Very nice.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If I never start KotfE story, can I keep my original companions forever?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

If I never start KotfE story, can I keep my original companions forever?

Pretty much, yes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Hulk Smash! posted:

Pretty much, yes.

Neat. One more question, why are the Shadow DPS set bonuses so weak? Perhaps it's cause I'm used to WoW's huge gamechanging set bonuses but 2% damage increase for 15s or one guaranteed cirt every 60s don't sound too great.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
They made a NiM Operation drop into a Cartel Market item?

:shittypop:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

pinkk posted:

They made a NiM Operation drop into a Cartel Market item?

:shittypop:

It's a recolor, but yes. People are losing their minds about it on reddit. It's pretty great.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Mr. Neutron posted:

Neat. One more question, why are the Shadow DPS set bonuses so weak? Perhaps it's cause I'm used to WoW's huge gamechanging set bonuses but 2% damage increase for 15s or one guaranteed cirt every 60s don't sound too great.

Set bonuses for all classes are relatively mild (especially compared to Blizzard stuff), they're mostly meant for the minmaxers. A moderate cooldown reduction on a key skill is about as flashy as they tend to get.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

[–]Seripithus<Barsen'thor Buddies> | The Harbinger[S] 4 points 22 hours ago
Ugh! As a fellow ranked player, this is now something I am extremely worried about. Not to gripe about the ranked experience, but it is an experience, I would be even more pressed to unsubscribe if the literal pain and thrashing you can get from the ranked community was for naught because they'd put ranked rewards on the CM.
perma-linkparent
[–]SolicronEbon Hawk || <Haven> 6 points 21 hours ago
I will die if my furious weapons go on the CM.
perma-linkparent
[–]Banthaboy 3 points 6 hours ago
Don't be surprised if you start seeing the Collectors Edition items appearing on the CC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norns posted:

It's a recolor, but yes. People are losing their minds about it on reddit. It's pretty great.

They've put tons of recoloured drops on the CC before.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Aphrodite posted:

They've put tons of recoloured drops on the CC before.

Yeah I don't care one way or the other. I was just chuckling at people getting so ANGRY about it.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I'm not up on operation drops. Which item is it that people are crying about?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cybernetic rancor.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Cybernetic rancor.

I'm loving the idea that people are mad about that, because I would never want a mount that actually touches the ground. (Exception: monocycle.) Especially mounts that are living things; the category is "vehicles", for crying out loud. :)

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Ah. I thought it was a piece of gear or something. But a mount? People sure get upset about the dumbest poo poo.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

prefect posted:

I'm loving the idea that people are mad about that, because I would never want a mount that actually touches the ground. (Exception: monocycle.) Especially mounts that are living things; the category is "vehicles", for crying out loud. :)

It's not like the hovercars, &c., actually get any real flying. You still fall off the edge of a cliff in them, so if it's an animal, it's not really different.

I still really want the flying Sith chair, though.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Medullah posted:

Update 1/24/2016 - The next chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire is due out February 11th. Subscribe by February 1st and get a free HK-55 inspired Jetpack mount. Subscribing will give you access to all previous expansions and all content released up until your subscription lapses. So subscribing in February for 30 days will give you Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, and Knights of the Fallen Empire chapters 1-10.

Do you still gain access of RotHC, SoR, and KotFE if you subscribe now but missed the Feb 1 deadline? I really want to return to the game (played at launch) but the new monetization strategy is confusing.

EDIT: Also, I see the main guild is on Empire. Is the Republic one active at all in comparison? I think I prefer Republic, tbh.

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 7, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's not like the hovercars, &c., actually get any real flying. You still fall off the edge of a cliff in them, so if it's an animal, it's not really different.

I still really want the flying Sith chair, though.

If you have any cartel certificates you can get it from the Cartel Contraband reputation vendor - I think it's like 10 certificates and 100k, you can raise your reputation to the level needed in like 20 minutes of playing the slot machines on our ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Macintosh HD posted:

Do you still gain access of RotHC, SoR, and KotFE if you subscribe now but missed the Feb 1 deadline? I really want to return to the game (played at launch) but the new monetization strategy is confusing.

Yep, deadline is just for bonuses.

• Locked thread