Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Super No Vacancy posted:

10,000 blocks per hour played is simply untenable

You mean 1 block per hour played traitor

Reinstall it NOW

Or just chuck a cheap 32gb microsd chip in there and never worry about blocks again (maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

enojy posted:

You mean 1 block per hour played traitor

Reinstall it NOW

Or just chuck a cheap 32gb microsd chip in there and never worry about blocks again (maybe)

Those Waifus just take up too many blocks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I almost bought MH4U again when it was like $20ish on the eShop because I need it to not be a cart.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I have that preloaded on my monster hunter 3ds

good poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
MH4U owns and the only reason I've stopped playing it for now (after 250 hours :negative:) is that I want to give the Bravely Default demo due diligence before buying the full version of the game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
monster hunter sucks as a video game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:yeah:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Would it be cool if they made Monster Hunter but with Pokemon?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
no

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it'd be better than looper's entire life

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They were kind of close once minus it being hard

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm looking to pick up some 3ds or wii u games as a valentines day gift. I have a budget of $100 and access to the powerup rewards deals at gamestop and I don't mind buying preowned. The person I'm buying for generally likes pokemon-like games, co-operative games, and rpgs. I know paper jam came out recently, and I am sure she would enjoy that, and she has been wanting to get yokai watch as well. Is yokai watch any good? I know there is also Moco Moco Friends which I guess has received some polarizing reviews, but it seems like something super cute and she likes cute things.

I was thinking of getting her yokai watch, paper jam, and then I'd have some leftover funds that I might put towards super mario 3d world since I have heard that that is a very good co-op game.

She also really likes farming games but she has been hard up for something to grab her interest as much as rune factory 4 and fantasy life did.

Are there any 3ds or wii u games that are good pokemon-likes or farming games fun co-op games that I am missing?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
^^^
I'm female and I love yokai watch. If she enjoyed the combat aspect of fantasy life, FF Explorers (also has co-op) might be good, too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh also she has been curious about the phoenix wright trilogy. How much does that go for on the eshop?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jarogue posted:

They were kind of close once minus it being hard

what dis

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh also she has been curious about the phoenix wright trilogy. How much does that go for on the eshop?

$30. very worth it!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FirstAidKite posted:

Phoenix Wright trilogy is a pretty good bet. It's really charming but gets anime-serious at times. Each of the three games takes 25-30 hours IIRC. If she doesn't know much about Ace Attorney, then there's a lot to love in that package. It's honestly some of the most charming writing I've ever seen in a video game.

Yo-Kai Watch was overall pretty good and has clear tones of Pokémon in it. I've been having a lot of fun with Paper Jam, too. Super Mario 3D World is also a must-own game, so there goes your whole budget right there in a pinch.

If she already has Animal Crossing: New Leaf, then your "captivating and similar to Rune Factory and Fantasy Life" options are pretty much depleted. I think? Harvest Moon, maybe, or did that suck? I mean there's Tomodachi Life, which really seems like a love it or hate it kind of game. Maybe check that out and use your personal judgment based on how well you know her.

If she doesn't already have New Leaf, absolutely definitely get that for her and lightly chide her for her insolence before giving it to her.

I'm probably being too hardcore gamer critical of those last two games; I like plenty of games with middling Metacritic averages. The latest Harvest Moon game got panned pretty hard, though.

enojy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 7, 2016

night slime
May 14, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I was thinking of getting her yokai watch, paper jam, and then I'd have some leftover funds that I might put towards super mario 3d world since I have heard that that is a very good co-op game.

$30 refurb: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550210

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008
can i get a refund on a gifted SA account because this thread has been loving cancer for a while kthx

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

EndTask posted:

can i get a refund on a gifted SA account because this thread has been loving cancer for a while kthx

Not a fan of the same schtick posters? Say a popular game is good or mention ambassador games, they will fill up the next few pages for ya.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rlUuOdd14

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Oh sorry that's Pokemon but with Monster Hunter

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Skinship.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
I just got to the point in VLR where the short-looking branch of the timeline on the far left that looks at first like it'll be a game over suddenly sprouts segments until it becomes the longest section of the entire timeline.

:psypop:

I can only imagine what insane poo poo is left to discover in the far right 1/3 of the flowchart. Current predictions: K is either Ace from 999 memory-wiped and innocent, or Ace from 999 with his memories intact, actually Zero Sr. From the Clover path, it's pretty obvious that she, Alice and Sigma have been cryo-podded for a really long time, so the blood moon he, Phi and Dio see in the Dio ending is very likely a different eclipse, a couple years down the line after humanity's gotten hosed by Radical-6. After I betrayed instead of allying in the first AB Game, Sigma was surprised that Tenmyouji's vote was different too, so apparently he's aware that I'm jumping around to see different outcomes? (which is cool as gently caress, by the way) Phi also seems to be doing the same thing, judging by Dio's ending, so it looks like the two of us might have to end up teaming up to get through the game alive.

Also, Quark mysteriously disappearing seems to be correlated with people dying out of nowhere, so I think he's been committing at least some murders in a R6-induced frenzy. That, or he's a GAULEM duplicate created by Zero. Who knows.

The only real endings I've seen that aren't locked are Clover's and Dio's, so I'm sure I have a lot of wild stuff left to see. Feel free to laugh at my wildly off-base predictions!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

PokePark 2. the fights and the mini games were like the only fun part.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Has she played Story of Seasons which is literally harvest moon, just made to release with a different name in NA due to weird legal stuff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jarogue posted:

PokePark 2. the fights and the mini games were like the only fun part.

Weren't the fights and mini games the only part of it?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Weren't the fights and mini games the only part of it?

There was some platforming, and some pokemon want to do other stuff besides battle like tag or something. There also some puzzles, feach quest, and such.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Medarot Boobs Gaiden trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQF-sOW5LQ

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I think you'll find the correct name is MedaBoobs, thank you very much :colbert:.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
No wonder they need the boobs and clothes explosions, it's the only thing that separates it from Custom Robo/LBX.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i think i'd feel less judgmental of anime boobs if they weren't always about high school students

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Looper posted:

i think i'd feel less judgmental of anime boobs if they weren't always about high school students

Well you see there all 3,000 years old.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
thelegal age for fucks in japan is 13

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shame that anime babes can't make that gameplay look like its from this decade. shouldve doubled down on the babes and excised the robots

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anime is bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the..

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

thelegal age for fucks in japan is 13

its 18

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
no i've done a lot of googling https://www.google.com/search?q=legal+age+in+japan&oq=legal+age+in+japan&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2654j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gross