Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tyma posted:

ITV sure have pulled out the big guns, to make sure their Six Nations commentary team are experienced and impartial! :

Shane Williams
Goradan D'Arcy
Nick Mullins

Mullins is the guy who knows nothing about rugby, and got pulled from World Cup games, after he unironically told viewers that the island of Fiji only had one television, and no electricity.

So hes the Jerry Lawler of Rugby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I don't think D'Arcy's done much tv work, if any. He's a great writer so hopefully that translates well to tv. If he's any good my dreams of Shane Horgan being replaced on sky and rte may finally come true

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think the crush of people trying to watch S4C has broken their stream.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I reckon Wales by six or seven.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

I think the crush of people trying to watch S4C has broken their stream.

I'm going to see how much of the ITV commentary I can tolerate before muting the sound.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Swan Curry posted:

I don't think D'Arcy's done much tv work, if any. He's a great writer so hopefully that translates well to tv. If he's any good my dreams of Shane Horgan being replaced on sky and rte may finally come true

D'Arcy was a BBC pundit during much of his long injury spells

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

stavros880 posted:

I'm going to see how much of the ITV commentary I can tolerate before muting the sound.

I'm done already. This guy is preferable to Miles Harrison, though in much the same way that gastric flu is preferable to double-pneumonia.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
YESSSS, I'm somehow sat next to an opinionated drunk old man who hates modern rugby. Will be sure to share his wisdom with everyone here!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Tyma posted:

YESSSS, I'm somehow sat next to an opinionated drunk old man who hates modern rugby. Will be sure to share his wisdom with everyone here!

You lucky bastard. Share some of his wisdom with the thread.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

YESSSS, I'm somehow sat next to an opinionated drunk old man who hates modern rugby.

Clive Woodward?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
HE (simon zebo) SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY BLOODY NEW ZEALAND HELPING IRELAND AGAIN

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Welsh fans start singing, Irish fans try to drown it out not with boo's but with Fields of Athenry.

Scottish fans take note.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Biggar's ankle isn't looking too good. It's only a matter of time before our favourite player covers on :emo:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Priestland before half time?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Bring on the GIMP

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The question then arises, why the hell did Biggar start if he was that fragile?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Priestland is gonna win this single handed for Wales. You just wait and see.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The old man disapproves of OUR HERO :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hitchensgoespop posted:

Priestland is gonna win this single handed for Wales. You just wait and see.

Ireland. He's going to win it for Ireland.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lmao apparently Stander learned the Irish national anthem in Irish from Donncha Ryan. :allears:

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Put it down for a 22 drop out, or kick out it to give Ireland a 5 metre lineout? Decisions, decisions.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Compared to the shambolic England Scotland game yesterday this game is a different class altogether.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

goatface posted:

Ireland. He's going to win it for Ireland.

The real question here is how is he going to win it for Ireland

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

irlZaphod posted:

lmao apparently Stander learned the Irish national anthem in Irish from Donncha Ryan. :allears:

Stander is just complete ownage

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Schlesische posted:

The real question here is how is he going to win it for Ireland

stavros880 posted:

kick out it to give Ireland a 5 metre lineout

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
That could easily be a red.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

As an Englishman living in Wales I'm enjoying this a lot.

At home though, not in public, I'm not stupid

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Liam Williams, so smart.

Jumping in tackles is so rude.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Liam Williams seems determined to find contact and ignore the wingers outside him.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

loving PRIRSTLAND HES AN rear end in a top hat HE SHOULDT loving BE IN THE SQUAD. LOOK HES MISSED! NO HE MISSED HE MISSED THE FLAG DIDNT GO UP.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

loving PRIRSTLAND HES AN rear end in a top hat HE SHOULDT loving BE IN THE SQUAD. LOOK HES MISSED! NO HE MISSED HE MISSED THE FLAG DIDNT GO UP.

To be fair, he's only half wrong.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hitchensgoespop posted:

That could easily be a red.

Earlys didn't make an attempt to lift him so even a yellow would have been harsh. The only thing he did wrong was not help him fall

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Man that was close

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good chase there. He might need a breather.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Tyma posted:

It's like being in my local rugby club minus the stale smell of piss.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Was that intentional by Priestland? It looked quite clever...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It definitely wasn't a drop goal attempt. It was a bit long though.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Earlys didn't make an attempt to lift him so even a yellow would have been harsh. The only thing he did wrong was not help him fall

Legs over head and dropped not in control. I've seen them given. Would have been a shame if it had been but I've seen them given.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

WHERES HIS ARM, HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ARM. PRIESTLAND IS poo poo, JUST BECAUSE HE CAN KICK HE SHOULDNT BE IN THE SQUAD. loving BOMBAY, ALL HES GOOD AT IS KICKING IT UP HIS BOYFRIENDS ARSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

julian assflange posted:

Disagree with this. Wasn't so long ago the IRB pointed out that once the legs go past the horizontal, it's entirely the responsibility of the tackler to bring the player to the ground safely. Think yellow (but no more) would have been fair.