Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

you missed the first part of that, where JC Tao had to mainphase play eye and kill his old eye to tutor up that drowner.

:barf:

LSV LSV LSV LSV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Probably one of the better Eldrazi mirror matche games so far. A lot of the previous ones were roller coasters but without much interesting play.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

And that is why LSV is a hall of famer #luckskillvictory

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So is it looking like there won't be any sort of interesting announcement at all, or are they just saving it for later?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Well, tcgplayer low on eldrazi temple just passed $10. I know this because I listed my pair at $10 back when ogw was spoiled figuring I'd either sell them when they hyped up or I'd get to keep them and buy a fun cheap eldrazi deck if it wasn't exciting.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Wait I missed it why did he concede? E: Wait I think I missed whatever happened thought the match was over for a quick second nevermind.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Wait I missed it why did he concede?

He had literally nothing in his deck that would win the game

Flash Gordon
May 8, 2006
Death To Ming
Looks like they missed the fact that JC didn't have colorless mana to pay for the Obligator's ability.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Flash Gordon posted:

Looks like they missed the fact that JC didn't have colorless mana to pay for the Obligator's ability.

He got a warning.

And now LSV is going to 5 on the play.

:sigh:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
bleh LSV puts together an amazing g3 for it to come down to this.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Rip. A good run though.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

JerryLee posted:

So is it looking like there won't be any sort of interesting announcement at all, or are they just saving it for later?

if there is one it'll probably be between the semis and the finals

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I am super surprised that the announcement rumor whose only source was a guy who called the obvious modern bans incorrectly is not coming to fruition.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

JC had the right mana he just tapped incorrectly.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Bad beats for LSV there. :(

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheLawinator posted:

JC had the right mana he just tapped incorrectly.

"I meant to leave up my green mana to eat your Elesh Norn with my Deathrite but I accidentally tapped it. It's cool if I use my Badlands to eat her, right?"

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

suicidesteve posted:

"I meant to leave up my green mana to eat your Elesh Norn with my Deathrite but I accidentally tapped it. It's cool if I use my Badlands to eat her, right?"

"Yeah sure, you had the resources, why not?" - a reasonable person

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Chill la Chill posted:

"Yeah sure, you had the resources, why not?" - a reasonable person

Ok so all of my lands are Reflecting Pools then and there's no consequences for tapping badly. Got it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I feel like if both players missed it, just a warning is appropriate.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Flash Gordon posted:

He just tapped it wrong to do it, he had the mana. That's why its just a warning. There was literally nothing LSV could have topdecked to win that game anyways.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

suicidesteve posted:

Ok so all of my lands are Reflecting Pools then and there's no consequences for tapping badly. Got it.

People not being dicks and knowing what the opponent meant to do in x-wing finals is why I like the community there a lot better. :rolleyes: People make mistakes, whatever. I've let it go before for magic PTQs and GPs.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

This is a different scenario in my mind.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Entropic posted:

I feel like if both players missed it, just a warning is appropriate.

I don't feel like you should have to babysit your opponents lands at the pro tour.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
"I know what you meant to do" shouldn't be a factor in the top 8 of the Pro Tour, imho.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I feel like Eldrazi Obligator is a pretty sweet card to have in the mirror

That's what I feel like

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
It's cool that colorless eldrazi broke the Pro Tour, but eats it in the mirror to the UR version, which will now win it all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ulamog is devouring the plane of Zendikar...

But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

On the topic of ethics in competitive game play: I was already sitting at a lowly 1-1 in r3 at regionals yesterday and losing in game 2 to Jund for the 2nd time in 3 matches. I'm needing all the advantages I can get and my opponent says go. But then says "oh, wait" and wants to do something. Was I a dick for saying "look man I need all the chances I can get here and in competitive REL I am going to have to say 'you said go' and not let you do that"?

Not that it matters but I ended up losing anyway.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Sigma-X posted:

I am super surprised that the announcement rumor whose only source was a guy who called the obvious modern bans incorrectly is not coming to fruition.

Tomorrow

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ShaneB posted:

On the topic of ethics in competitive game play: I was already sitting at a lowly 1-1 in r3 at regionals yesterday and losing in game 2 to Jund for the 2nd time in 3 matches. I'm needing all the advantages I can get and my opponent says go. But then says "oh, wait" and wants to do something. Was I a dick for saying "look man I need all the chances I can get here and in competitive REL I am going to have to say 'you said go' and not let you do that"?

Not that it matters but I ended up losing anyway.

Do you think you're an rear end in a top hat? If you do, congratulations, you were an rear end in a top hat and lost anyway. If you don't, why are you asking us? If they didn't get any information, it doesn't matter.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Hellsau posted:

Do you think you're an rear end in a top hat? If you do, congratulations, you were an rear end in a top hat and lost anyway. If you don't, why are you asking us? If they didn't get any information, it doesn't matter.

Nah, gently caress that. Call it. You're in competitive play.

At GP Sea/Tac I wanted to counter a Vryn Wingmare, but automatically said OK before I thought about it (habit, I don't usually play Force of Will and was tapped out). I said, 'I really need to counter that' and looked to my opponent to see if he would let it happen. Obviously he didn't, and I knew he was right.

Fortunately I draw a City of Traitors and Snuck Emrakul in to eat his board, but still.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i watched a Tribute to Hunger eat a 10/10 Inkmoth Nexus the other day at Regionals.

well, that's my story

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Its not his job to make his opponent play better. It's not Borborygmos Enraged redux.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Our FNM doubled as a GPT last week, and I held myself to playing the wrong land a couple times (4-color sequencing is hard) because them's the rules. If you fill out a deck list, you have to be aware there are no take backs, and if people hold you to that, you can't get all pissy eyed about it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Yeah competitive play is no place to hold people to a competitive standard what kind of prick does that?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

noncolorless creature cards in this top 8:
Master of Etherium
Vault Skirge
Simian Spirit Guide

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Sorry affinity your're too slow

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Elyv posted:

noncolorless creature cards in this top 8:
Master of Etherium
Vault Skirge
Simian Spirit Guide

:eyepop:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lsv to commentate the finals, nice

e:dammit, w/ Buehler and w/o Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
No announcements before the finals, I guess that's our punishment for recent leaks.

• Locked thread