Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Post ur dumb NH money picturez time

poo poo is expensive yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Arkane posted:

Assuming I know that a judge or judges would decide it, I'd buy him being ruled ineligible anything below 20%. Doesn't seem very cut and dry for him.

Since his mom was an American citizen when he was born, there's no way he gets ruled ineligible. You could have an academic argument about the true particulars of the definition of "natural born citizen", but the judiciary isn't touching that if the candidate has as strong a case as "My American Momma". Maybe if he gets one of those crazy rear end in a top hat lower court judges who always gets overruled for being a loving idiot, it'll be a fun ride until he's immediately over ruled.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rubio has continued to sink all day, I think people are realizing how big a deal the debate performance was, or at least how quickly it permeated out to everyone.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TRUMP!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Aliquid posted:

Rubio has continued to sink all day, I think people are realizing how big a deal the debate performance was, or at least how quickly it permeated out to everyone.

Yeah, I've been watching his prices all day. I bought a bunch of Rubio.RNOM No shares @ 54 cents last week and have been regretting it during his post-Iowa bump. Now I can't decide if I want to unload them now or gamble on Rubio having a bad night in NH.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Predictit's 5% withdrawal fee is such bullshit :(

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Arkane posted:

Assuming I know that a judge or judges would decide it, I'd buy him being ruled ineligible anything below 20%. Doesn't seem very cut and dry for him.

Gyges posted:

Since his mom was an American citizen when he was born, there's no way he gets ruled ineligible. You could have an academic argument about the true particulars of the definition of "natural born citizen", but the judiciary isn't touching that if the candidate has as strong a case as "My American Momma". Maybe if he gets one of those crazy rear end in a top hat lower court judges who always gets overruled for being a loving idiot, it'll be a fun ride until he's immediately over ruled.

Agreed. This is really not close. He is very likely eligible according to the interpretations of the late 18th century and that's all that SCOTUS needs even if they didn't punt on the question, which is a very likely outcome anyhow.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Respect

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gibberish posted:

Only reason I'm betting against Bernie is that the margins on betting for him weren't tempting at all, while $14 is a decent enough lotto ticket. Plus then Bernie winning anything shares are gonna plummet to super sweet buy levels if Hildawg wins.

Contingency for if Trump loses still in acquisition mode

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Fwiw I think Christie wins NH just about 1-2% of the time and would hedge out now.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

I wish I had enough random money floating around to do stuff like this because it's basically free money

Good luck and god bless, good sir, enjoy your free rent money this month

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:siren: New drop out markets!! :siren:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Adar posted:

Fwiw I think Christie wins NH just about 1-2% of the time and would hedge out now.

I feel like hedging on a 1-2% chance with my Diamond Joe winnings would be an insult to the spirit of that magnificent market.

Vox Nihili posted:

Awww, it ain't no fun if they aren't linked.

Edit: I was wondering what the gently caress a Massachusetts Taoiseach was because I when I glanced at Enda Kenny I just saw Kennedy.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Feb 7, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

All markets are fun when they're in the "groping in the dark" stage. :colbert:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

Time to make some more Jeb schadenfreude bucks.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Carson dropping out before the 12th seems like a decent bet for <.20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

I don't think he will, but I didn't expect Rand to drop, either.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I'm still 100% convinced that Carson is this season's grift candidate and will ride it out to the bitter end.

See: Huckabee in 2008 'Miracles not Math'

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I dunno about betting against Jeb! right now. The establishment could come back to him after dropping Rubio.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Flavahbeast posted:

Carson isn't going to drop out before South Carolina. But I didn't think that Rand would drop out before the convention.

Carly is interesting. The GOP likes having her there to be able to attack Hillary without seeming sexist. I think the bet for her staying in is compelling.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Carson NO is in the 70s which is super tempting but the man is just too much of a wildcard. This is the one dropout horse I can't bet on anymore.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Gibberish posted:

I already dumped all my "trump wins anything" shares and have been very relaxed post Iowa/pre-Iowa debate debacle.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
drat, people are turning on Rubio fast. I can't wait for every one else to drop and he scoops it up anyway.

Or alternatively, a four way tie for second in NH and chaos reigns :getin:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
You may be onto something with the four-way 2nd place finish. They won't tie but it'll be so close that all of them can claim a small victory. This weekend's polls have mostly supported this outcome.

This is what Christie mentioned when he said there could be four or five tickets outta NH. Unfortunately for him he isn't polling anywhere near where he should be to finish there. A sixth place showing will be his swansong. You can guess where my dropout money is sitting. :getin:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
That's why I'm a little confused with how high Kasich for 2nd is trading. He's got a good shot, but it's probably going to be a crazy close shootout for second. No idea why he got all the way up to 40 earlier today. Maybe I'm just too hopeful for my Cruz YES shares.

Oh, and if anyone cares, the ABC Speaker Time market hasn't closed yet (PredictIt posted an hour ago that they're reviewing the times to confirm before paying). The comments are going nuts with people screaming bloody murder/threatening lawsuits about having to wait until tomorrow.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Cross-posting from the GOP primary thread...

Patter Song posted:

Per Politico...

Leaked Kasich internals in New Hampshire:

Trump 35
Kasich 15
Jeb! 13
Rubio 10
Cruz/Christie 8

Now, again, internal polling, grain of salt, etc.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You can tell by the deviations from the mean that they had a very favorable sample of indies, in all likelihood too favorable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arkane posted:

You can tell by the deviations from the mean that they had a very favorable sample of indies, in all likelihood too favorable.

One would think they’d learned from the Romney campaign.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm still so loving iffy on Trump NH. The polling bump is definitely higher than anything he'll get in actual voting, but I'm so convinced that his lack of ground structure means that people will be lazy fucks, just like in Iowa.

But then again, that's such a large polling gap between him and runner up. Ugh.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Gibberish posted:

Trump better win this

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I've been accumulating shares of Kasich YES in Vermont, Massachusetts and Minnesota and now have about 2000 of them at 2 or 3 cents. If he does well in NH they are going to pop, but I did manage to sell 57 of them at 12 cents in Massachusetts the other day. This is my biggest lottery ticket right now.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
What if each of the opening primary states chooses a different establishment dark horse to do way better than expected :allears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Necc0 posted:

What if each of the opening primary states chooses a different establishment dark horse to do way better than expected :allears:

TRUMP!

*slams down receiver*

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Logikv9 posted:

I'm still so loving iffy on Trump NH. The polling bump is definitely higher than anything he'll get in actual voting, but I'm so convinced that his lack of ground structure means that people will be lazy fucks, just like in Iowa.

But then again, that's such a large polling gap between him and runner up. Ugh.

Caucusing is a huge hassle. Primary voting is a normal day-long voting window, just like the general election. The barrier to participation is much lower.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fuschia tude posted:

Caucusing is a huge hassle. Primary voting is a normal day-long voting window, just like the general election. The barrier to participation is much lower.

Also you can use an absentee ballot, which means you could have already voted and gone snowbirding to Florida where you have also registered to vote. Because you're an rear end.

Non-assholes also have absentee voting available to them should they be out of town or just not feel like going to their dumb precinct when they can vote Trump from their spacious toilet.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Trump's numbers have finally recovered to the point that I am no longer losing money on my Trump Nom YES shares. I still think Rubio will get the nom in the end, however. Now thinking I should sell my Trump shares after NH...

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

FourLeaf posted:

Trump's numbers have finally recovered to the point that I am no longer losing money on my Trump Nom YES shares. I still think Rubio will get the nom in the end, however. Now thinking I should sell my Trump shares after NH...

I want to buy more Rubio shares while cheap, but I'm worried, and I have no money cause my Rubio shares are so cheap :negative:

At least most of my cash is in Hillary for the nom :getin:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

FourLeaf posted:

I still think Rubio will get the nom in the end, however

You're insane.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
It's gonna be Trump, or Cruz if god hates us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump winning NH has gone up all week. I really should have bought more on Tuesday.

It’s so high now that the hedge with TRUMP.ANYPRIMARY doesn’t really work any more.

• Locked thread