Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

Is that because it's monthly or just because they just happen to be lovely? Like how are SBR volumes comparatively?

SBR is the same as JJL.

JJL is really not that bad to me compared to the Viz Pt 3 volumes - I might even argue that the paper quality is worse with the Viz volumes - but it's a stark contrast to their jojoniums which do indeed have a really nice feel and look to them, but of course it's gonna pale in comparison.

It's frustrating to buy them (I honestly think you're meant to buy them as a set per series, I'm buying just by guessing at what I'm getting when I'm at kinokuniya since the numbers correspond to nothing) but while the volumes of DIU/VA/SO that I've picked up here and there are physically smaller, the paper quality and print quality is way better. Much nicer to scan, though I guess anything probably looks better when it's scanned in a giant size and less so when I drop it down so I can post it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I really need to get onto finding out more about the mini sized volumes.
I keep forgetting to.

e:
They're Bunkobons and they do come in box sets. Designed to be more portable and higher quality. They do appear to be sold separately out of their boxes however.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 6, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I know someone who has the full set of DIU ones and I think he just ordered them from amazon.co.jp but I should ask. Since I've bought enough stray volumes here and there already it's pointless for me to try and buy the full thing unless it's a super good deal.

e: ah I see your edit now and actually that would still be a better deal as I think I'd been buying the stray volumes at $9/pop. I'm actually tempted to buy that auction right now but I'll think on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-377200

40 quid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
60 US American Dollars is not too bad for all that jojo

Golden wind is 10 bucks less

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bear in mind that shipping is going to run you about half the product cost thanks to the weight.

The Bunkos are basically the same print quality as JoJonium JP. I have one (It's the one where Bruno gets Kakyoin'd), I just forgot to take a picture with the other volumes but Okuyasu covered it anyway. They're very nice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've ordered from CDjapan before I know how this booty bounces

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How does the booty bounce?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kore ga buutii

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Paffu-paffu buutii chiiksu, baal-san?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm legitimately worried about whether or not crazy d will have a good rear end in the anime.

Keep the booty in diamond is unbreakable.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
I'm sure there will be plenty of fabulous asses in the anime. Speaking of asses, any bets on whether Rohan is going to be huge in the promotional materials? I can't believe they're doing another Rohan figure and still not announcing a re-release of, e.g., Okuyasu.

P.S. I would so much rather have inexpensive volumes in paperback with dust jackets than the hardcover Jojoniums we've gotten in English, but I'd rather have those than nothing. I think the bad paper is pretty much the standard. I own VA in French and have most of SBR in it too--just waiting for the next time I find myself in a used bookstore in Montreal, where you can get them for $3-5 per volume. Both have cheap paper with bleeding-through black ink:

At least Tonkam has gotten a little better with their cover redesigns:

Why the hell would you translate Vento Aureo into English when you're doing a French translation? I also really hate the way they've done the logo for DiU, and that along with the hope that we'll see Part 4 in English soon has kept me from investing in it for now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David know the value of booty.

The character trailers for DiU are meant to be this month. I guess Ultra Jump will have some info too, probably about those.

I want Star Platinum's super vision so I can see World butt in glorious 16k.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I've considered getting vento in French but am worried about the hit my pride takes when i discover that my grasp of French is not what it used to be.

E: josuke i trust David and all but cd had hank hill rear end in the preview...

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I've considered getting vento in French but am worried about the hit my pride takes when i discover that my grasp of French is not what it used to be.
All you have to do is keep a list of synonyms for "I'm gonna break your face" and other threats of violence, and you should be good to go. (I also thought some of the slang was a little strange but that might be a France/Canada difference.) I haven't used a word of conversational French since I moved to Ontario almost six years ago, and I still felt that the explanation for King Crimson was pretty straightforward.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not too surprised there's no boxset for Part 3 volumes but it's still a little lame. Guess I'm dropping $170 on them at some point.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'm legitimately worried about whether or not crazy d will have a good rear end in the anime.

Keep the booty in diamond is unbreakable.
Crazy Diamond did have a noticeably flat rear end in the PV which is the exact opposite of the Crazy Diamond fig I'm looking at that is packing mad booty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thinking that any iteration of Crazy Diamond could be anything other than perfection is grounds for banning IMO.
He's absolutely perfect in all ways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would've probably made some effort at buying the french Vento stuff if I retained anything of my two years of High School French that wasn't different types of eateries.

Someone tell me how often a Patissierie comes up in Part 6 and I'm all over it

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I forgot to respond to this part before:

Amaryllis posted:

I'm sure there will be plenty of fabulous asses in the anime. Speaking of asses, any bets on whether Rohan is going to be huge in the promotional materials? I can't believe they're doing another Rohan figure and still not announcing a re-release of, e.g., Okuyasu.

I'm betting Rohan will figure in prominently. Clearly he's quite popular (with good reason). I mean, I like Rohan a lot and can't wait to see the new SAS even if I wish the'd re-released Oku.

Speaking of Oku, I think I finally get him next week? I'll make him give Rohan lots of hugs.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I forgot to respond to this part before:

I'm betting Rohan will figure in prominently. Clearly he's quite popular (with good reason). I mean, I like Rohan a lot and can't wait to see the new SAS even if I wish the'd re-released Oku.

Speaking of Oku, I think I finally get him next week? I'll make him give Rohan lots of hugs.
Oh yeah, I'm not being terribly bitter about it--I do have a Rohan avatar and my Rohan figure is set to arrive sometime next week (and thank you again for pointing it out! that alternate colour version is so cool!)--but I guess I find it kind of funny that we're getting a new Rohan and another(!) reissue of Part 4 Jotaro but I had to pay extra for my Oku figure and then my Hand got lost in the mail and I got reimbursed but it's so expensive everywhere.

e: And who am I kidding? I'm probably going to buy that 4Taro, along with the Crazy D reissue and its fabulous rear end.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 7, 2016

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I haven't seen the new Rohan figure you guys are talking about!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Naerasa posted:

I haven't seen the new Rohan figure you guys are talking about!

Unless I missed something, I don't think the design's been revealed - I think it was just announced that there'd be a new SL and SAS of Rohan soon.

I'm kinda hoping for this:

e: I keep seeing this on tumblr but with no context, so I dunno any details about release or anything:

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 7, 2016

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Yeah, no word on the design--just that there will be a new one. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get his anime outfit, but that one is definitely superior. Aren't we also supposed to hear about some SBR figures now-ish, too? I hope they go back to JJL soon, because I'd like to have Yasuho or maybe beetle dad (little beetle included).

e: ^^^^ Was just about to post about those. They're kind of cute.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 7, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah I think we're supposed to hear about Gyro soon.

I've been checking highdio on tumblr a lot for that stuff since they're pretty figure-obsessed. There are some cute osomatsu-san and OPM things being linked now on their page. :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There's also an exclusive Jonathan figure color apparently?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

There are
some cute osomatsu-san and OPM things being linked now on their page. :allears:
Looking at that Genos nendo and I'll prooobably get that to fill the Genos figma sized hole in my heart.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I am the loving strong.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

We'll probably get the Part 4 tanks

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke SL:

I hate myself for seeing this and the baoh one and being all 'nice but not gonna buy' but then going ooh ooh ohh a free! fig

edit hours later: so here's the Rohan SAS as well and uhhhh I LOVE IT

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 7, 2016

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Okay so I'm rereading Part 7 and who the gently caress is the dude who looks like Valentine but is not Valentine? I completely forgot about him. He appears in the train is Tusk (1) and he is also the dude Diego makes a deal with.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Valentine's crew looks like him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Valentine either has his goons dress like him or I like to think he pulled in other Valentines to work for him.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I think its more that the long loop-hair is the JoJo equivalent of a powdered wig, actually.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cabinet posted:

Okay so I'm rereading Part 7 and who the gently caress is the dude who looks like Valentine but is not Valentine? I completely forgot about him. He appears in the train is Tusk (1) and he is also the dude Diego makes a deal with.

Don't think. Feel, and you'll be Valentine.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

mr. stefan posted:

I think its more that the long loop-hair is the JoJo equivalent of a powdered wig, actually.
This was always my assumption.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Huh. I straight up forgot there were characters that look like Valentine (and assumed they were not because he only had the heart) I thought they were more important than it seems like they are.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's straight-up meant to be a powdered wig equivalent.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Cabinet posted:

Huh. I straight up forgot there were characters that look like Valentine (and assumed they were not because he only had the heart) I thought they were more important than it seems like they are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fatentine and his Stand Fatty Fat Fats Flab Chunk.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Fatentine and his Stand Fatty Fat Fats Flab Chunk.

Fatboy Slim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are the JoJo WB DVDs worth buying for $30 ?