Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Amvs, rwby, the other half of ff7abridged.

Sunday 8pm gmt. Synchtube. Be ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
so did this show pick up? A friend had me watch Season 1 with him, and I hated Ruby's voice but everyone else was kinda cool, then I watched Season 2 episodes 1 2 3, and hated Ruby's voice enough to stop watching the show (plus the episodes were kinda boring). does it get better season 3? will I absolutely have to pick back up from season 2 to understand season 3?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

so did this show pick up? A friend had me watch Season 1 with him, and I hated Ruby's voice but everyone else was kinda cool, then I watched Season 2 episodes 1 2 3, and hated Ruby's voice enough to stop watching the show (plus the episodes were kinda boring). does it get better season 3? will I absolutely have to pick back up from season 2 to understand season 3?

Well, Ruby's voice hasn't changed, so...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Nothing happened in season 2 and I know this because I watched it with you fuckers.

Roman got arrested and seemed very smug about it. Black is a cat.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

S2 builds up towards the execution of what's supposed to be a major terrorist attack, said attack finally happens... And all of the damage is undone with a literal handwave.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ArchangeI posted:

Well, Ruby's voice hasn't changed, so...

i mean, i was able to enjoy season 1 even with her voicing, its just season 2 wasnt really that good at the start. based on the other two comments it sounds like not a whole lot happened in season 2, does this mean im able to skip it without missing a whole lot? You can already sorta do that with Season 1>2

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Highlights of S2:
Ep. 1 Best Day Ever: the food fight is pretty much one of the two big 'fight' scenes in the season,
Ep. 7 Dance Dance Infiltration: has good character building if you care about that as well as Chekhov's Infiltration,
Ep. 10, 11, 12 Mountain Glenn, No Brakes and Breach for the build up to as well as the 'climax' of the season.
Mountain Glenn also contains the important RWBY team character building moment for the season.

The World of Remnant stuff is also interesting but it's background stuff.

Season 3 is a bit better in that there's a lot more fight scenes and the story is actually moving and the villains get some more background to them (though not enough.)
Current cons are Cinder & Co. executing things as flawlessly as ever and the introduction to a new important plot point that should really have gotten more mention before now (I still like the tale of the Maidens :colbert:)
The Climax is so far appropriately epic and does not seem like it'll be undone with a literal wave of Glenda Goodwitch's hand (plus it's pulling a bunch of the Chekhov triggers laid out in previous seasons.) New Grimm creature is kind of out of no where but is appropriately 'Oh Crap' enough to be worth it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Where the stream, I ain't missing it this time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tomorrow pavlov

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Well gently caress.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The newest episode certainly is a thing :stare: RIP Torchwick, too good for this show. Also RIP Yang's arm, which was maybe too good for this world.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh hey episode 10 is now on youtube so the synchtube will have that in also

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More like blinktube

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Milli posted:

The newest episode certainly is a thing :stare: RIP Torchwick, too good for this show. Also RIP Yang's arm, which was maybe too good for this world.

Dude was a villain doing monologues, what was he expecting? Yang will be fine, Weiss can lend her a hand.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In ~hopefully~ 10 mins but realistically once my pizza arrives the RWBY synchtube will begin

https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/hype_animes

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On the bright side; this does present a non zero chance of Yang being able to do a Rocket Punch with whatever replaces her hand so, you know, swings and roundabouts.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im mad about penny. Baal will pay for this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe you fuckers actually did it

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

You're welcome.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad baal paid for this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I do wish pavlov had showed more respect with the message though

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Namtab posted:

I do wish pavlov had showed more respect with the message though

She wasn't combat ready.

ArchangeI posted:

Dude was a villain doing monologues, what was he expecting? Yang will be fine, Weiss can lend her a hand.

I want Clockwork Orange Villain to come back because it's the only voice acting I like from season one. So I guess he will just come out like Hannibal Chau if they did bring him back because plot semblance or somethin.

That and I prefer it over Miss dull monotone Xanatos

ArchangeI posted:

Yang will be fine, Weiss can lend her a hand.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Haha Velvet's power Is all powers

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Fine time for the Grimm to start 'friendly fire' incidents with the villains.

Stormgale posted:

Haha Velvet's power Is all powers
Looks like she's just a weapon copycat. Didn't see her use any special powers, just moves.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
She's taskmaster!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Looks like she's just a weapon copycat. Didn't see her use any special powers, just moves.

I know I know I just find it super funny

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Copyrabbit

I would not be mad if they just dunked Nigiri and replaced her immediately. God, she sucks at this. :cripes:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wait, rwby has a japanese dub? when? where? subbed?!?!

e; from what i can find its only available as full volume blurays, or am i just missing something really obvious?

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 9, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Luna Was Here posted:

wait, rwby has a japanese dub? when? where? subbed?!?!

e; from what i can find its only available as full volume blurays, or am i just missing something really obvious?

If you want proof it exists, here it is.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I mean I knew about the existence of that, I meant like the actual episodes themselves, which appear to be locked away on blu rays with subbing status hidden to my non-japanese reading eyes

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Japanese yang going punch crazy was hilarious.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, Ryoko / Makoto is about right.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, Ryoko / Makoto is about right.

I dunno Nui with fit more, they both ended up 'armless

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well if you wanted to be technical, Yang only lost the one hand.
:goonsay:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Not that I would expect anything different, but it is hilarious how that trailer encompassed about 80% of the actual good footage from the first season.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finally, a good dub

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of Season 1 is good footage

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Counterpoint: nearly everything involving Sun's introduction.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

Most of Season 1 is good footage

There was like 4 episodes on Jaune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There was like 4 episodes on Jaune.

He gets bullied in several of these and they feature more Ren and Nora

Regalingualius posted:

Counterpoint: nearly everything involving Sun's introduction.

Ehhhhh Sun's alright

• Locked thread