Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fiorina dropout by the 12th is priced at .47c right now for NO. Is she really that much of a sure thing to drop after NH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the Christie Dropout 2/12 NO market is still going down and IDGI
What don't you get? Have you been reading my posts saying how he has no money, no support, and is polling below the threshold needed to get any delegates in NH, a place where he's dumped all his available campaign cash? He's flying to South Carolina on Wednesday by all accounts, but Mike Huckabee was flying to New Hampshire up until last Monday night. It's up to you if you want to believe Christie's word but the rest of that information is the actual situation on the ground and it does not look favorable for him.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Peachstapler posted:

What don't you get? Have you been reading my posts saying how he has no money, no support, and is polling below the threshold needed to get any delegates in NH, a place where he's dumped all his available campaign cash? He's flying to South Carolina on Wednesday by all accounts, but Mike Huckabee was flying to New Hampshire up until last Monday night. It's up to you if you want to believe Christie's word but the rest of that information is the actual situation on the ground and it does not look favorable for him.

Oh, I completely understand that- I'm more surprised at the lack of response to the RCP article. After the Trump debate debacle I'm surprised there aren't more people driving up the price and commenting along the lines of 'wow I already maxed out but wish I could buy more- I'd get in on any price; his words are right there people!" There are plenty of reasons why people should be suspicious of anything Christie says (and they're well founded, IMO) but I expected some more hook, line, & sinker investments by now.

It seems that whenever I expect users to make the smart move they astound me with their knee-jerks and when I suspect them to make the knee-jerks they're amazingly reserved. Perhaps the problem lies within??

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Oh, I completely understand that- I'm more surprised at the lack of response to the RCP article. After the Trump debate debacle I'm surprised there aren't more people driving up the price and commenting along the lines of 'wow I already maxed out but wish I could buy more- I'd get in on any price; his words are right there people!" There are plenty of reasons why people should be suspicious of anything Christie says (and they're well founded, IMO) but I expected some more hook, line, & sinker investments by now.

It seems that whenever I expect users to make the smart move they astound me with their knee-jerks and when I suspect them to make the knee-jerks they're amazingly reserved. Perhaps the problem lies within??
I've seen similar reactions recently to the Kasich internal polling. Expected a bump but instead the 2nd place market moved in the opposite direction. Maybe I was the only one who believed it wasn't fabricated pro-Kasich fluff? So yeah I hear ya.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

The Bloomberg presidential market is going crazy. There is a Financial Times article and CNBC article that just came out that is driving up the he will run. I don't see any new info, other than Bernie and Trump will do well in NH. I just picked up some NO at 60 cents.

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1943/Will-Michael-Bloomberg-become-a-presidential-candidate-by-March-31#data

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Just so we're clear about Christie, he apparently does have events at a BBQ place and a package shack in SC Wed. night and Thursday and a month ago he bought ads in the state. Take that for what it's worth moving ahead.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The Bloomberg presidential market is going crazy. There is a Financial Times article and CNBC article that just came out that is driving up the he will run. I don't see any new info, other than Bernie and Trump will do well in NH. I just picked up some NO at 60 cents.

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1943/Will-Michael-Bloomberg-become-a-presidential-candidate-by-March-31#data

Biden be praised, there is no way Bloomberg runs.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Peachstapler posted:

Just so we're clear about Christie, he apparently does have events at a BBQ place and a package shack in SC Wed. night and Thursday and a month ago he bought ads in the state. Take that for what it's worth moving ahead.

Christie would have events at a BBQ place planned whether he was running or not :3:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

JosefStalinator posted:

Biden be praised, there is no way Bloomberg runs.

He's an excellent GOP candidate for New York but running him as a national candidate with his record and stance on issues like abortion, gay rights, tax and immigration reform, etc. is hilarious.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

He's an excellent GOP candidate for New York but running him as a national candidate with his record and stance on issues like abortion, gay rights, tax and immigration reform, etc. is hilarious.

I'm not really sure what his game is, but he might genuinely believe Sanders can win. Once Hillary wraps up the Dem nomination, Bloomberg will back off and support her (assuming Trump gets the R Nom, which I'm skeptical of).

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Post ur dumb NH money picturez time

poo poo is expensive yo

I got great prices on Bernie yes/Hillary no (some sub-40c :psyduck:) because PI overreacts to polls 2 months out for no reason.

The buy offers for Kasich yes and Trump no are penny stock territory. Please someone grant me my lotto tickets :pray:

Corrupt Politician
Aug 8, 2007
Is there a good reason I shouldn't buy Trump winning NH at $0.89? I realize he'll likely under-perform his polling numbers, but he's still up by like 15 points at RCP and the media narrative has turned against Rubio since the debate. Is Trump losing really plausible?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gibberish posted:

Post ur dumb NH money picturez time

poo poo is expensive yo

cmooon Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! *bangs fork adn knife on the table*

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Corrupt Politician posted:

Is there a good reason I shouldn't buy Trump winning NH at $0.89? I realize he'll likely under-perform his polling numbers, but he's still up by like 15 points at RCP and the media narrative has turned against Rubio since the debate. Is Trump losing really plausible?

Given how he performed in Iowa, in a caucus, against Ted Cruz, NH is a loving lock imo. As another poster put it, Donald could have 50% of his supporters show up to vote, with everyone else receiving 125% support, and still pull it in.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Corrupt Politician posted:

The only reason not to buy Trump YES in NH is because you want to make more money elsewhere. It's pretty much a sure thing at this point.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

538 is only giving Trump 75% with their polls only forecast, That's the only reason I bought some Trump NO shares. I believe in Nate

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

A Time To Chill posted:

I got great prices on Bernie yes/Hillary no (some sub-40c :psyduck:) because PI overreacts to polls 2 months out for no reason.

The buy offers for Kasich yes and Trump no are penny stock territory. Please someone grant me my lotto tickets :pray:

Great job on the Bernie/Hillary buys. For the Kasich lotto ticket, look into doing what I did and buy him winning the more moderate northern and mid western, ie VT, MA, and MN Super Tuesday. They spiked a lot when it looked like he might be the default establishment choice, but they are returning to more normal levels. I sold some VT for 20 cents earlier, but its down to 12. They are thinly traded so be patient. You could also buy some for him to win the nomination. It was 12 earlier today but the last trade was at 7. There is more liquidity there.

I see those bets doubling if he comes in as the top establishment choice.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zeta Taskforce posted:

It was 12 earlier today but the last trade was at 7. There is more liquidity there.

Kasich was trading at .10 not too long ago, someone just bought a whole bunch of NO's I think

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Concerned Citizen posted:

The Dem NV market is loving ridiculous.

To be fair, there hasn't been a poll published there in over 6 weeks.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

A Time To Chill posted:

Gat drat those are some nice NH.DEM shares.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Yup. Very impressive.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I got most of them in early December because apparently the people on PI don't understand that polls at that time are pretty meaningless.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Great job on the Bernie/Hillary buys. For the Kasich lotto ticket, look into doing what I did and buy him winning the more moderate northern and mid western, ie VT, MA, and MN Super Tuesday. They spiked a lot when it looked like he might be the default establishment choice, but they are returning to more normal levels. I sold some VT for 20 cents earlier, but its down to 12. They are thinly traded so be patient. You could also buy some for him to win the nomination. It was 12 earlier today but the last trade was at 7. There is more liquidity there.

Yeah I actually ended up cancelling the Kasich orders. I still want that Trump no JUST IN CASE. That's a good idea re other states though--I'll look around and see if I can find any good flipping opportunities.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Bernie NOs are taking a dive universally. That's not to say they won't be even better after tomorrow.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Is it just me or is the website already crashing in anticipation of the primary?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Everyone should saunter on down to the NH GOP second place market, people are trading like crazy already.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Everyone should saunter on down to the NH GOP second place market, people are trading like crazy already.

I'm going in hard on Cruz in the hopes that the early/unreliable percentages in the morning skew things in his favor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

I would, if I thought I had a better idea of who will come second than everyone else, or if I had inclination to trade the swings.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rubio is undervalued IMO. Picked up 200 shares at 29c.

Cruz also probably undervalued.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Vox Nihili posted:

Agreed about Rubio, but I'm one of the people who thinks Cruz has practically zero chance so to me he's overvalued.

Btw the midnight votes gave Cruz and Kasich boosts for NH win, because people who use predictit are stupid.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm going to be dancing in the rain when Cruz actually wins second! Let's go religious loons- show up in droves!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

I think you're right, but I'm a bit afraid that early results/exit polls might push it down before I can sell.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

I'm going to be dancing in the rain when Cruz actually wins second! Let's go religious loons- show up in droves!

They will, and they will accumulate 12% of the vote. It's Kasich or Rubio.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

They will, and they will accumulate 12% of the vote. It's Kasich or Rubio.

I think Cruz can pick up 8% of general rear end in a top hat pieces of poo poo for a solid #2!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trump, Christie and Cruz split the piece of poo poo vote too hard imo

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aliquid posted:

Trump, Christie and Cruz split the piece of poo poo vote too hard imo

These are base voters, the piece of poo poo vote is way too large for that to happen.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we can only hope it's lethargic turtles all the way down

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As long as Trump comes in 1st or 2nd, I'm good.

If he comes in 3rd, I'll lose some money, but perhaps be okay with that after I hear his whiny speech.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's the easiest way to request a new market? I'd like a "Will any Republican achieve a majority of delegates?" market, e.g. brokered convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Arkane posted:

What's the easiest way to request a new market? I'd like a "Will any Republican achieve a majority of delegates?" market, e.g. brokered convention.

Ask and ye shall have already received.

• Locked thread