Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd rather not learn there's a goddamn Taken 4, but people see "Fake it till you Make it" as Hollywood Heist clues. I'd thought they'd save Jiro's Son for a big event deal, but then again we are coming close to the anniversary of Hype Train if they want to do something like that right now if this isn't Counterfeit or something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
There isn't a Taken 4 but they're doing a prequel TV series. It's a long shot but it's possible.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The first set are using internal filenames that correspond to the counterfeit remake, the others aren't identified.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Panic Room happens immediately after Counterfeit, right? I need The Take 2016.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Panic Room happens immediately after Counterfeit, right? I need The Take 2016.

Don't we all. Don't we all.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I want a Nakatomi Tower heist with new Hans Gruber heister.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

dublish posted:

I want a Nakatomi Tower heist with new Hans Gruber heister.
We're probably getting John McClane:

http://imgur.com/a/YdTel

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I would absolutely love a Taken heist where we're going in to rescue a specific NPC for a low contract payout with a bunch of loot around. Make it more like the end of Heat Street where we have to make sure the target keeps moving, but add in loot bags to move as well. We get the target to a waiting getaway car that drives off, then we wait for a helicopter to load the loot in and escape. Emphasize the importance of staying mobile, maybe give the target the AI of a tied civilian but faster movespeed so they can be ordered to hit the deck and stay put, that sort of thing. I'd play it.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

We're probably getting John McClane:

http://imgur.com/a/YdTel

I just noticed in that last image that the Payday gang beats up the Taxman so badly that they knock his stubble off.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 9, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I love you.

Also...things are getting real:
https://twitter.com/StarbreezeAB/status/696830500350984192

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Heat street live action movie?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If we get heat street Dallas is going to be a very happy camper.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Put me back in, crime coach.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656119798742369/

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Error- your link's no good.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I was trying to throw together a turret build last night and it occurred to me that I have no idea how sentry ammo filling works now. Does anyone have info on that? I was really at a loss as to what guns to bring.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://overkillsoftware.com/games/wolfpack

The return of a classic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wolf's back baby.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Crabtree posted:

Wolf's back baby.

Those heists you fixed? They're leaking. AGAIN.

Free for owners of Payday - The Heist: Wolf Pack

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm already getting errors trying to load that page lmao

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm already getting errors trying to load that page lmao

It literally just says

Counterfeit + Undercover $6.99

Free for owners of PD:TH Wolf Pack

Edit: HOLY poo poo A SWAT VAN CRASHES INTO THE HOUSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcZkiC_VQY

quote:

2 Heists
1 Grenade Launcher
1 Melee Weapon
2 Songs
4 Masks
4 Materials
4 Patterns
10 Achievements

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo I feel so bad for that dude that nodded in the entirety of Undercover right now. He even released it on Saturday!

That being said holy poo poo Counterfeit for free :getin:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Gripmode™ Just now
OK OVERKILL, now delete microtransactions (cases + clown stat guns) and goat heist, and I will back!

The goat heist itself is now Reddit enemy number 1.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Crabtree posted:

betcha he's in pd2 RIGHT NOW

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Deviant posted:

Edit: HOLY poo poo A SWAT VAN CRASHES INTO THE HOUSE

There was a chance of that happening in the first game. It either just parked on the street outside the house or straight up crashed through the wall.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Laputanmachine posted:

There was a chance of that happening in the first game. It either just parked on the street outside the house or straight up crashed through the wall.

Weird, I played quite a bit of PDTH and i don't recall it actually crashing into the house.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Yeah I had never seen that happen ever.

So much amen break in that drum and bass :allears:

Also with Undercover finally coming to Payday 2 it'll be the first time I'll ever have beaten it.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Deviant posted:

Weird, I played quite a bit of PDTH and i don't recall it actually crashing into the house.

there was a chance of it happening. I can say without a doubt that it was something that happened, just that it wasn't a 100% chance of happening.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Please tell me that drill/saw in wolf's hand in the picture is the melee weapon that comes with this DLC.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is that a double-barrel grenade launcher? :eyepop:
E: it resembles a China Lake

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 9, 2016

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
I'm sad, I swear I had the Wolf Pack DLC at some point, but apparently not.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

averox posted:

Also with Undercover finally coming to Payday 2 it'll be the first time I'll ever have beaten it.

:smuggo: I beat it on 145+

once. Because it's not an experience I want to repeat. And I had the easy job!

Crabtree posted:

further proof the goat heist is hilarious and awesome and all these reddit-using self-important shitlords need to get over themselves, but I repeat myself

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isn't Undercover 145+ that the one where the entire team does laps around the level in hopes of breaking pathing entirely while trying to pop snipers the moment they spawn?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

We found it worked best if one person did laps and three holed up in a safe spot to pull aggro, but yes, basically.

now bear in mind I said I had the 'easy' job ... of being that counter-sniper/lap runner. This is compared to the guys standing in a bathtub killing 800 specials and SWATs before it was easy to do. So "easy" is something of a, uh, misleading claim...

Dr Cheeto posted:

I was trying to throw together a turret build last night and it occurred to me that I have no idea how sentry ammo filling works now. Does anyone have info on that? I was really at a loss as to what guns to bring.

It's almost like the game is telling you something

telling you not to do this

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

It's almost like the game is telling you something

telling you not to do this

Then why do they keep adding in "keep cops from touching the objectives" achievements? :argh:

I did a little digging and it seems like it just takes a percentage of your total ammo to fill it with no malarkey like the old system, so just bring two guns that can fill on ammo drops quickly.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh gently caress yes. Suddenly I'm interested in Payday 2 again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Then why do they keep adding in "keep cops from touching the objectives" achievements? :argh:

because they don't understand how awful latency can get and what effect it has on desynced cops turning off power boxes, presumably

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

further proof the goat heist is hilarious and awesome and all these reddit-using self-important shitlords need to get over themselves, but I repeat myself

also skoll, apparently

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

because they don't understand how awful latency can get and what effect it has on desynced cops turning off power boxes, presumably

In Beneath the Mountain the cops can stop the vault door hacks, but they have to stand at a computer terminal for a little while and there's both a visual cue (red lighting) and an audio cue (beeping). I hope it's a sign they've learned something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

They've learned that sentry guns are bad and they need to give players more of an opportunity to use something good, sure

I really hope the new launcher is a China Lake. A middle ground between the GL40's one shot at a time and the MGL-140's depressingly slow reload would be so good. Also, pump action grenade launcher. Just say those words and you'll understand.