Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hellrider's better because it has haste and is red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

So how bout that emergency ban guys?
Not going to happen.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

sarmhan posted:

Not going to happen.

That's what I was getting at.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Are there even any major modern events between now and April? Like a GP or anything?

e: looked it up. There's a simultaneous Modern GP in Detroit, Bologna and Melbourne on March 4-6? That will be... interesting.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

I don't know, it will be fun to see bad players mad that they don't auto-win with the Eldrazi deck.

haha yeah (it's me i'm the bad player who will somehow manage to mess up the eldrazi deck)

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Entropic posted:

Are there even any major modern events between now and April? Like a GP or anything?

March 4-6 is a triple Modern GP weekend - Detroit, Bologna, Melbourne.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Lunsku posted:

March 4-6 is a triple Modern GP weekend - Detroit, Bologna, Melbourne.

That's certainly gonna be one to watch. :munch:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am going to play junk with 3-4 guost quarters and surgical extraction tech. Mix that in with leylines of sanct out of the board. Its going to be spicy.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

So how bout that emergency ban guys?

It will be the Shadows of Innistrad ban announcement. They get to use it to push Oath packs, and then use the upcoming Eldrazi fiasco in March as the excuse to drop a ban in April.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

I am going to play junk with 3-4 guost quarters and surgical extraction tech. Mix that in with leylines of sanct out of the board. Its going to be spicy.

I just rebuilt Jund with nothing but hand disruption, creature removal, surgical and extirpate, Lilly and man lands.

My buddy plays Eldrazi black and couldn't keep up. Every time he cast something I killed it and removed all copies from the game then came in swinging with man lands when he didn't have anything left. Also turn 1 ghost quartered his eye and extracted it.

Pretty satisfying.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Entropic posted:

I don't know, it will be fun to see bad players mad that they don't auto-win with the Eldrazi deck.

Have you seen the deck? There's hardly any decisions; It's pretty much cast the biggest thing you can most of the time, and even if you somehow screw that part up you're still probably fine. I had a perfectly fine draw with Blue Tron and still lost to the worst player I've ever played against. But he drew 3 Thought-Knots, 2 Reality Smashers, and several sol lands both games. Though in my defense, in game 1 the top 30 cards of my deck had exactly 7 spells (aka I drew, discarded, or scryed away every single land in my deck) and the MTGO shuffler decided that there weren't lands in my deck for game 2.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

Have you seen the deck? There's hardly any decisions; It's pretty much cast the biggest thing you can most of the time, and even if you somehow screw that part up you're still probably fine. I had a perfectly fine draw with Blue Tron and still lost to the worst player I've ever played against. But he drew 3 Thought-Knots, 2 Reality Smashers, and several sol lands both games. Though in my defense, in game 1 the top 30 cards of my deck had exactly 7 spells (aka I drew, discarded, or scryed away every single land in my deck) and the MTGO shuffler decided that there weren't lands in my deck for game 2.

Yeah but you were playing Blue Tron so you were gonna lose to pretty much whatever you were playing against.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Print more Thopter support in Innistrad just........... because!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

suicidesteve posted:

and the MTGO shuffler decided that there weren't lands in my deck for game 2.

Maybe you shouldn't have drawn, discarded, and scryed away all your lands in game 1 :colbert:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but you were playing Blue Tron so you were gonna lose to pretty much whatever you were playing against.

The deck got top 16 in the MTGO PTQ but sure you can keep saying this clearly incorrect statement and I'll keep playing the only deck I actually have fun playing.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have drawn, discarded, and scryed away all your lands in game 1 :colbert:

Yeah, apparently they don't like being neglected.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

The deck got top 16 in the MTGO PTQ but sure you can keep saying this clearly incorrect statement and I'll keep playing the only deck I actually have fun playing.

Yeah, apparently they don't like being neglected.

Play the good Tron deck that actually has a decent Eldrazi matchup. They pretty much can't beat a resolved World Breaker.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Play the good Tron deck that actually has a decent Eldrazi matchup. They pretty much can't beat a resolved World Breaker.

No?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

how does that deck work when 16 of its cards are locked out by chalice

o yeah sylvan scrying is basically locked out too because chalice shuts off most of the ways to get green

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 9, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Print more Thopter support in Innistrad just........... because!
Investigate supports some of the random "artifacts matter" cards.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

If you aren't playing the McMagic approved 75 list made by a pro he considers the best you can just gently caress right off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zoness posted:

how does that deck work when 16 of its cards are locked out by chalice

If you don't have the right kind of draw, a T1 Chalice on the Draw is very hard to beat but It's not like that isn't good vs alot of other decks... If you're on the play and you can lead with Urza Land + Map or egg then their chalice becomes pretty bad.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

If you aren't playing the McMagic approved 75 list made by a pro he considers the best you can just gently caress right off.

This isn't true. I do enjoy giving him a hard time about Blue Tron though.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

My hope is that we get a mythic rare that says something like "when you control ten or more clues during your upkeep, you win the game."

Edit: I'd name the deck Turbo Clue

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Fiend Computer posted:

My hope is that we get a mythic rare that says something like "when you control ten or more clues during your upkeep, you win the game."

gently caress yes, Turbo Clue here I come.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:cmon:
I'm lovin the U/R version of the Eldrazi deck. So many bad cards and like 8 good ones.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

gently caress yes, Turbo Clue here I come.
Oh please yes.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Let's all play tron in a world where everyone is going to be running a million land destruction effects

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

gwrtheyrn posted:

Let's all play tron in a world where everyone is going to be running a million land destruction effects

My Eldrazi Hate Jund deck now consists of 4 ghost quarters, 3 Fulminators and 2 crumble to dust main board.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm lovin the U/R version of the Eldrazi deck. So many bad cards and like 8 good ones.

It turns out that when you can cast them for 1-3 mana less than you're supposed to be able to, bad cards are pretty playable.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Fiend Computer posted:

I hope they go hardcore Arkham Horror ripoff and give us a bunch of ways to use clue tokens, like a cycle of Gate enchantments that all have "sacrifice 5 clue tokens: Exile ~. any play may activate this on their turn."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Errant Gin Monks posted:

My Eldrazi Hate Jund deck now consists of 4 ghost quarters, 3 Fulminators and 2 crumble to dust main board.
I'm loving it.

I'm going to play burn with only two drops including four maindeck palms.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

I hope they go hardcore Arkham Horror ripoff and give us a bunch of ways to use clue tokens, like a cycle of Gate enchantments that all have "sacrifice 5 clue tokens: Exile ~. any play may activate this on their turn."

I wanna be the cursed guy that gets double clue tokens he's broken as gently caress.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fiend Computer posted:

Jinkies 3U

When you sacrifice a clue token, put a mystery counter on Jinkies.

During your upkeep, if Jinkies has five or more mystery counters, you win the game.

"Gosh, it was old man Bolas all along!

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Yeah, also a B/R kill spell with "kill target creature, its controller gets a clue"

Honestly I love the idea behinds clues so much right now, and we've only seen what, one card with it so far?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
If SOI is scooby doo and EMO is bloodborne, we will have reached the absolute pinnacle of magic creative design

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Can you name Eye of Ugin with Pithing Needle?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

"Gosh, it was old man Bolas all along!

Nicol Bolas was Higure, the Still Wind posing as Sakashima the Impostor dressed as a Blind Seer all along though.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

AceClown posted:

Yes, it shuts off the search but not the cost reduction.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

AceClown posted:

You can name any card with Pithing Needle.

it does not shut off mana abilities or static abilities, only activated, non-mana abilities.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Jace, Master Detective 2WU
Loyalty 3

+1: Investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
-3: You may sacrifice any number of Clue artifacts. For each artifact you sacrifice this way, draw two cards.
-6: Name a legendary creature, a land and an Equipment card, then draw 4 cards and reveal any number of cards your hand. You win the game if you reveal a card with each name in your hand.

WOTC doesn't make fun cards anymore though, but the checklist card spoiled something named "Uninvited Geist" so maybe they loosened up a bit.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Snacksmaniac posted:

You mean arcbound ravager and cranial plating? Oh wait thought you were describing affinity for a sec. Synergy hoooo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AceClown posted:

Doesn't shut off the free mana well, but yes it would stop the tutor ability.

• Locked thread