Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Got 3 new DW achievements last night (big thanks to Vox, Cheeto, Chairface & Shooting Blanks for the help), knocking my list down to only 10 more..

That is of course until Thursday when these launch. Thanks for the new heists, Overkill. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

get psyyyyyyyyyyyched

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I can hardly wait to see what ridiculous hour-plus long frustrating endurance achievement is going to be in this.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

I can hardly wait to see what ridiculous hour-plus long frustrating endurance achievement is going to be in this.

To be fair, in PD1 that was just called "beat the heist on 145+" so we'll probably be safe from another [x] Miserable.

I wonder if people could buy the PD1 Wolf Pack for a dollar come next Steam sale and get this one for free. Someone have a good memory and let me know about that, great, thanks.

Psion posted:

now bear in mind I said I had the 'easy' job ... of being that counter-sniper/lap runner. This is compared to the guys standing in a bathtub killing 800 specials and SWATs before it was easy to do. So "easy" is something of a, uh, misleading claim...

Yeah, I don't think there was an easy job there. I'm just glad that bathtub was cloaker-proof, and that the Bronco owned so much.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

So does this mean Goonmod will be broken again?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

dublish posted:

So does this mean Goonmod will be broken again?

Force load it and see if it breaks things. Most of the time Goonmod will play nice, it's pretty rare for a patch to actually break it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What I'm wondering is that if they're putting the wolf pack in, does that mean it's time for the secret :v:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
neat free dlc thanks overshillimanjaro

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

I really hope the new launcher is a China Lake. A middle ground between the GL40's one shot at a time and the MGL-140's depressingly slow reload would be so good. Also, pump action grenade launcher. Just say those words and you'll understand.

Clearly it'll be some OP as gently caress magazine fed monstrosity if we follow the pattern of power creep.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Why didn't I buy the Wolf Pack DLC when I got PD:TH for free during the first crimefest?!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Geight posted:

Why didn't I buy the Wolf Pack DLC when I got PD:TH for free during the first crimefest?!

because you haven't been conditioned to buy all the Payday DLC you possibly can, and look where it got you. It got you hosed out of SEVEN WHOLE DOLLARS. I hope you'll wash your shame away by buying both Wolf Packs at full price and sending an honest, heartfelt apology to Overkill for not opening your wallet the way they clearly deserve.

e: in seriousness you should get Wolf Pack if you want to play Payday 1 at all ever. And you should want to play PD1 because it's interesting and different even with the maps ported to Payday 2.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Clearly it'll be some OP as gently caress magazine fed monstrosity if we follow the pattern of power creep.

I sure hope so. Also it "should" (as in shouldn't, but whatever) be a secondary so I can take a GL40 and a new GL and be nothing but Explosionman.

The GL/RPG is a tried, true, and tested Optimal Loadout In All Ways but sometimes you just want to mix it up.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Geight posted:

I don't know but I'm really glad I bought the DLC for a game I've never played once.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Is it too late to buy the PD1 Wolf Pack to get the free PD2 one?

e: nevermind, the original one is ten bucks when it's not on sale.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I wonder if I can make the Izhma, and the Izhma alone, have custom Not poo poo frag-12 rounds as a goofy balance against the AA12's superior magazine size.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
that 50 cents i paid for a dlc for a game i will never play paid out baby

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Psion posted:

further proof the goat heist is hilarious and awesome and all these reddit-using self-important shitlords need to get over themselves, but I repeat myself

Something about the idea of making jokes in a game rather than being deadly serious makes peoples brain turn to cheese.

And then you end up making Watch_Dogs.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Psion posted:

e: in seriousness you should get Wolf Pack if you want to play Payday 1 at all ever. And you should want to play PD1 because it's interesting and different even with the maps ported to Payday 2.

I have no interest in playing PD:TH, I only collected my free copy so I could buy the soundtrack for 99 cents and get all of it for this game. :saddowns:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I wonder if I can make the Izhma, and the Izhma alone, have custom Not poo poo frag-12 rounds as a goofy balance against the AA12's superior magazine size.

Probably possible.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Probably possible.

I expect to see LM_Saiga.lua on my desk at 8:00 sharp!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Triple the damage on HE rounds and call it a day.

e: I forgot how little they do. Just make them do like 1000 damage or something.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Wolf Pack Cheevo Speculation

Undercover
DW
Blow-out - Beat Undercover on Overkill or above with all players using only the [new GL].
Saviour - Place 20 planks by yourself on windows, vents or fences.
Generic Speedrun Achievement
Hack the Gibson - don't let police interrupt the hack on Overkill or above.

Counterfeit
DW
Pacifist - Complete the heist on Overkill without anyone dying.
Crowd Control - Reach objective X without any of the civilians escaping.
Quick Hands - Defuse the C4 in the basement.
Last Supper - Trigger part of the original Payday Secret.
Paper Party - Print as much money as possible on DW.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 9, 2016

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
With the new heists coming, me and my friends have been working hard to get the DW achis completed. Not sure why, since we are going to be playing them anyway but you know, efficiency or something like that.

With that out of the way, now only thing remaining is....to do it again except as Pro Job.....:saddowns:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Puistokemisti posted:

With the new heists coming, me and my friends have been working hard to get the DW achis completed. Not sure why, since we are going to be playing them anyway but you know, efficiency or something like that.

My strongest advice is to focus on getting the very hard and hard difficulty masks when there's a content lull. Getting those lower masks only becomes more of a chore the longer you wait.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Puistokemisti posted:

With that out of the way, now only thing remaining is....to do it again except as Pro Job.....:saddowns:

Good news! You don't need the Pro version for the mask.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Psion posted:

I really hope the new launcher is a China Lake. A middle ground between the GL40's one shot at a time and the MGL-140's depressingly slow reload would be so good. Also, pump action grenade launcher. Just say those words and you'll understand.

I was thinking the same thing.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 9, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

I sure hope so. Also it "should" (as in shouldn't, but whatever) be a secondary so I can take a GL40 and a new GL and be nothing but Explosionman.

The GL/RPG is a tried, true, and tested Optimal Loadout In All Ways but sometimes you just want to mix it up.
I'm just hopign it'll launch as a secondary because holy dickass would I love to run an assault rifle and a GL with enough punch to kill a shield

e: oh who am i kidding i'd just run gl40/new gl

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

isndl posted:

Is it too late to buy the PD1 Wolf Pack to get the free PD2 one?

e: nevermind, the original one is ten bucks when it's not on sale.

wait what? I thought it was $5 and it was kind of a hidden discount for all PDTH owners so only the newbies get soaked for $7 and old players get a $5 DLC if they're smart

well that tosses my theory out the window.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

I'm just hopign it'll launch as a secondary because holy dickass would I love to run an assault rifle and a GL with enough punch to kill a shield

same.

my teammates might prefer it too, because it means I'm not packing the RPG. I don't intentionally aim for them - I really don't! but you know how it is.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tempest_56 posted:

Good news! You don't need the Pro version for the mask.

Yeah, glutton for punishment that I am even I haven't bothered with the Pro version because it's not needed. When they put in an achievement for it, then yeah.

Psion posted:

wait what? I thought it was $5 and it was kind of a hidden discount for all PDTH owners so only the newbies get soaked for $7 and old players get a $5 DLC if they're smart

well that tosses my theory out the window.

Nope, it's free for old players who already own it for PD1. And people are, predictably, pissed about this.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

Nope, it's free for old players who already own it for PD1. And people are, predictably, pissed about this.

lol if true

SEVEN BUCKS? THAT'S A ROBBERY!

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Coach me put back, in crime.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989742369/

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sent

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

because it means I'm not packing the RPG

Meanwhile Sykic ain't care

https://gfycat.com/HomelyFoolhardyChamois

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I haven't played PD2 seriously for a while (though I have kept mostly up to date). Have there been any discussions about skills rebalances again? I feel like we've had the same dead skills in the same dead trees forever now.

That said I will probably still buy the Wolf Pack.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mendrian posted:

I haven't played PD2 seriously for a while (though I have kept mostly up to date). Have there been any discussions about skills rebalances again? I feel like we've had the same dead skills in the same dead trees forever now.

That said I will probably still buy the Wolf Pack.

Here we see the Technician tree, without a dual-type build to play with

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah, glutton for punishment that I am even I haven't bothered with the Pro version because it's not needed. When they put in an achievement for it, then yeah.

I phrased that badly. What I meant was, I thought PD1's Wolfpack was $5 so if you owned PD1 already, you could get in on New Wolfpack for $5 instead of $7.

but since PD1 Wolfpack is $10 my theory is destroyed

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

You should know the answer to this already, especially since a couple of shotguns have (had? I haven't been keeping up) custom stats for the ammo types (though they only change pick up rate). :colbert:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Psion posted:

I phrased that badly. What I meant was, I thought PD1's Wolfpack was $5 so if you owned PD1 already, you could get in on New Wolfpack for $5 instead of $7.

but since PD1 Wolfpack is $10 my theory is destroyed

Clearly what you should be saying is either "They made a DLC of a DLC they made for The Heist?!?!" or switching between its their fault that you didn't buy up wolf pack back when The Heist was free for a day and "See OVERGREED, this wasn't so hard was it? ;)".

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Insert name here posted:

You should know the answer to this already, especially since a couple of shotguns have (had? I haven't been keeping up) custom stats for the ammo types (though they only change pick up rate). :colbert:

it's more of "I wonder if I can summon up the effort" and/or "I wonder if I can make someone else do it for me" but, yes, it's all true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

I was trying to throw together a turret build last night and it occurred to me that I have no idea how sentry ammo filling works now. Does anyone have info on that? I was really at a loss as to what guns to bring.

It works poorly.

As for guns, overkill and below pretty much bring what ever you want. There are still some poo poo tier guns, but rolling with random guns will work.