Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dreggon posted:

i am also thinking 4 raging spirit totems maybe with the minion explode on death passive

While that does sound awesome, raging spirits don't explode on running out of duration afaik? So having lots more up wont matter a lot unless the monsters have AOE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Thinking of pushing my CWDT to level 20, because it seems to fire reliably even at level 14. Currently it triggers Blood Rage and Immortal Call.

I see that Immortal Call got nerfed so that it provides increased duration rather than base duration. With that in mind, is the Inc Dur support still worth it? I could replace it with a high-levelled Molten Shell, for the armour boost.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
e: double post

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dreggon posted:

theres a templar ascendancy class which gets +2 totems, is 4 spark totems going to be a thing? also does the "less" damage on totems also apply to minions? i am also thinking 4 raging spirit totems maybe with the minion explode on death passive

I think if you want to go totems, you take the 2 extra totems notable and then don't take ancestral bond so you save the 4-5 points there. You only get 3 totems, but then the penalty to damage isn't so high. Its a slight boost over the max of 2 totems and no damage penalty, but if you use a good AOE spell you will be able to overlap bosses and get more damage in.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
so i got a thing it seems ok?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

ZyrKx posted:

no its terrible give it to me right now

its guuuuud

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZyrKx posted:

Life regen. I'll give you a chaos for it.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Died three times to a doubled possessed Torture Chamber boss, even with Saffel's, Purity of Lightning, and a Topaz up (I only went in the third time because I was at 0%exp).

Laser cut through me like butter, not even enough time to leap behind a pillar. Just how much damage would it be doing anyway?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
~20k dps without modifiers?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
yea the map had boss mods

I could tank everything else, even the warp totems. they're just so much flask food. but then LASER and I'd be back in my hideout

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yesterday I had someone ask about buying a T15 map from me. He joined my hideout, put the currency in the trade window, then immediately closed the trade window and left my party and stopped responding to messages.

Is this some kind of thing to get your account information to hack it?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
it's possible the buyer just changed his mind and (being a nerd who plays ARPGs) just decided to block you instead of explaining why

or maybe he disconnected?

if you feel uneasy, change your password

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Ultima66 posted:

Yesterday I had someone ask about buying a T15 map from me. He joined my hideout, put the currency in the trade window, then immediately closed the trade window and left my party and stopped responding to messages.

His mom probably asked him to wash the dishes. NBD.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Question about Blade Vortex; does Lightning Thorns basically one-shot you?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Acht posted:

Question about Blade Vortex; does Lightning Thorns basically one-shot you?

Yes. Even with with Cybils the blades hit too fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnWvGpjwuQI

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Bugsy posted:

Yes. Even with with Cybils the blades hit too fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnWvGpjwuQI

So, good play > bad play. Got it. The first five attempts he goes in on LT to try and tank it but dies of course. In the last attempt he avoids her when the buff is active like he should have the first few times.

Sure it hurts but doesn't seem like an instakill if you know to avoid it

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
they're not all timed buffs that you can kite until expiry

there's always the odd area boss like that dried lake spider

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Reason I asked; I had a char on THC with 5.5k life I was toying with (RF+Vortex) a few weeks ago.
Ran up to some rare monster (talisman) and insta-ripped.
No losing life as in that movie; instantly dead.
I understand that if I didn't use a movement skill I could have seen / checked it, but seeing how two normal monster types can apply the buff...
Makes me reconsider playing Vortex on HC a bit.
Hoping I am missing something?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Acht posted:

Reason I asked; I had a char on THC with 5.5k life I was toying with (RF+Vortex) a few weeks ago.
Ran up to some rare monster (talisman) and insta-ripped.
No losing life as in that movie; instantly dead.
I understand that if I didn't use a movement skill I could have seen / checked it, but seeing how two normal monster types can apply the buff...
Makes me reconsider playing Vortex on HC a bit.
Hoping I am missing something?

Probably a dead hand talisman. The leeches explode doing chaos damage and so does the possessed monster. Having to get so close with vortex, and because vortex hits them so fast makes them more dangerous. Was it a monsters do extra damage map?

Its one of the reason why I won't make an HC end game build around vortex. You need to have top notch defenses for it.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I asked a guildie (I saw a blue'ish, lightning aura) and he mentioned Light Thorns. I never killed the Talisman. I came near it and was vaporized. :)
It was in a T2 Wharf map even, without any special modifications. drat shame, I really do dig the ability, but if this was the cause, it is indeed quite risky to play.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ultima66 posted:

Some people will message a ton of sellers at once to see who responds or is willing to haggle. It's possible another seller responded to him with either a cheaper price or a better t15 map and he just bounced to go buy it from the other guy. I've had it happen to me before. As far as I know, opening a trade window doesn't get them access to any additional information about you or your account than they would have access to otherwise.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Anyone interested in joining me for the party race tonight?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
New golem skill: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1585581
Stone golem. Taunts enemies, and gives the golem's caster life regen.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hmm... it might be possible to hit 100% crit chance with cold snap (with 7 power charges up) thanks to the assassin advanced class (for the shadow). That, plus voll's protector would literally allow you to crit cold snap to your hearts content.

This is assuming they don't reduce the crit chance on the tree by much.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Crit is capped at 95%.

You can already spam Cold Snaps with a CoC+Protector build, though, I have a character which focuses on it. If you have a Protector, any critical hits will generate power charges, including the skill with which you are triggering CoC - so you can never run out of charges as long you are only casting one Cold Snap per critical hit. With an EE setup, you get 50% penetration and Shock with Arc. Alternatively, you can just stack attack speed and expend the power charges to overcome the 50ms cooldown on CoC (this is currently the only way you can do so - the "expend a power charge to reset cooldown" mechanic of Cold Snap trumps the 50ms cooldown created by the CoC support gem).

For all this effort, you'd have trouble out-DPSing Discharge, though.

ronya fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 11, 2016

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

Now kindly undo these straps.
That moment when you corrupted a strongbox and a 6L Staff with a crappy roll drops from it.. :shepicide:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Hey, divine orb, eh?

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

Now kindly undo these straps.
Yup guess so ;)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

captainhowdy posted:

That moment when you corrupted a strongbox and a 6L Staff with a crappy roll drops from it.. :shepicide:

welcome to the club heh

J
Jun 10, 2001

New witch and templar classes:

Occultist
Guardian

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Really like both of those, a solid more generic Witch Ascendancy class and a badass support Templar one.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Occultist picture because I cant get the video to load.

e here is the other one.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 12, 2016

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The art for these ascendancy classes is awesome.

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 12, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Time of Need is such a hilarious passive. Guardian seems alright for summoning, and the warcry passive is good for pretty much any build. Seems kinda weak for an actual support build though, aside from the possibility of giving out sizable armour or ES bonuses from Radiant Faith.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Seems like Time of Need could be pretty strong if there's some kind of buff timer on it so you could time stuff. Might be a bit more effort and slow things down, though.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
PSA: when dismissing your level 8 masters, check that you're actually dismissing the right master. Just accidentally kicked Leo just when he was on the cusp of hitting 7, thereby wiping out two months of dailies

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

captainhowdy posted:

Could be worse. Saw a bricked shavs screenshot pop out of a box.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Just did merc malachai with dickbutt last night. What a pain in the neck that was. He was level 90 and I was 83 and we both pretty good survivability and dps but got wrecked a few times.

Is that encounter just tough to begin with?

Also dickbutt was doing a scion spectral throw with coc and gmp paired with what looked with ice spear and blast rain. I've looked around briefly but couldn't find a solud build guide. Anyone willing to give me a rundown on the best way to go about building that type of character? Any notable passives aside from crit chance? I'm assuming its going to be somewhere in shadow/witch territory most of the time? How do you cast spectral throw if its linked to coc?

edit: thanks budgie - I still feel like a bit of an idiot though:bang:

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 12, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Spectral throw is an attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
So what's the newest league I can get in on with other goons with a new character and now play in Standard (hell) or by myself (hell).

• Locked thread