Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

smg77 posted:

TVDW is a hero for posting glowing reviews of HBO's Girls and making gross nerds on the internet really, really mad.

I used to think Todd was a smug prick; I guess I still kind of do (his name doesn't really help). His deeply personal take on how You're the Worst portrays depression turned me around on him, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bryan Fuller has been named the showrunner of the new Star Trek series. Between that and American Gods, I think we can safely say Hannibal is really and truly never coming back.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

Bryan Fuller has been named the showrunner of the new Star Trek series. Between that and American Gods, I think we can safely say Hannibal is really and truly never coming back.

I'm okay with that. The ending was perfect, and I'm excited for more Bryan Fuller projects.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Timby posted:

I hope the new Trek series is exactly Hannibal in Space, except Hannibal is Khan and instead of eating people he monologues about vengeance against Kirk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh boy a two season Star Trek series.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Timby posted:

This is done full circle poo poo, didn't he get his start doing Start Trek?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sober posted:

This is done full circle poo poo, didn't he get his start doing Start Trek?

He got his start submitting a Deep Space Nine script on spec, and he's been saying for the longest time that he's desperate for a crack at a Star Wars TV show set in the rebooted universe, so yeah, good for him.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man this must be like a second Christmas for the Star Trek slashfic community.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

aya cash is on the new star trek

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DivisionPost posted:

I used to think Todd was a smug prick; I guess I still kind of do (his name doesn't really help).

His name is not as posh at it may seem, it means "from the wharf" so he's descended from working-class shipbuilders

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Rome the HBO show? If HBO did kids shows, even they would say gently caress all the time.

hbo has done kids shows for decades

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Would pay to watch a Trek series with Mads Mikkelsen slowly corrupting the ship's computer into an insane HAL kinda thing so it will kill crew members, which can then be turned into dinner. The replicator simply cannot get the spice right.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

I have a feeling we're only a year or two out from some basic cable channel breaking the "F" barrier for primetime shows. Both Syfy and USA seem well on their way seeing as they have new shows where they let characters say gently caress, they just mute it. For example, last night's The Magicians had Penny call Quentin a "racist mother____" while another character mentioned they were doing what they were doing to ____ with someone.

FX (or FXX?) let Louis say gently caress, in the context of sex even.

Only once though. But yeah I think we're not too far away from gently caress creeping into cable shows the way poo poo did.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Toxxupation posted:

I think she just wants to be on it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've been a lovely TV fan over the last few years, but since I have DirecTV and a DVR now, I want to keep up with some stuff. I've already decided on The People v OJ Simpson, and I'm gonna try to get caught up on American Crime (the other one). What's some stuff starting now (or that started within the last couple months that gets replayed a lot) that I should keep up with. I don't want to just jump into stuff that's been airing for a while (my internet connection is such that I can't really stream stuff anymore, hence the DVR), but I'm looking for a nice variety.

I'm totally gonna watch The Flash again too. That's the only show I kept up with last year, aside from Parks and Rec.

If you liked the Flash, then you oughta check out the Legions of Tomorrow spin-off. Someone joked in its thread about the good writers in the CW superhero stable migrating from Arrow S2 to Flash S1 to Legions of Tomorrow S1, and it seems pretty plausible to me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

hahahahaha god isn't robert kirkman terrible

The character is so wonderously ill-thought that I might even check out the Walking Dead when he arrives. He's that bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

The character is so wonderously ill-thought that I might even check out the Walking Dead when he arrives. He's that bad.

Are they at Negan? That's where I checked out on the comics. Z-Nation is the zombie show to watch.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Would pay to watch a Trek series with Mads Mikkelsen slowly corrupting the ship's computer into an insane HAL kinda thing so it will kill crew members, which can then be turned into dinner. The replicator simply cannot get the spice right.

It isn't spice, it is the correct amount of adrenaline left in the bloodstream at the time of death. Hannibal likes it gamey.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FetusSlapper posted:

It isn't spice, it is the correct amount of adrenaline left in the bloodstream at the time of death. Hannibal likes it gamey.

So the AI rigs up elaborate rube goldberg scenarios to illicit the maximum adrenaline response before death. I like it.

AI just wants to make dad happy, but the has trouble relating to how robotic Space Hannibal is.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Picked up Orphan Black season 3 finally. Didn't have time to tackle it when it came out. I forgot like 90% of the plot threads, so as the show progresses, I'm just like 'oh right, that happened.' Still a great show, and Tatiana Maslany still makes me forget that she's the same actor for all the clones.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How is Fuller gonna do Star Trek AND American Gods?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Are they at Negan? That's where I checked out on the comics. Z-Nation is the zombie show to watch.

Apparently.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Josh Lyman posted:

How is Fuller gonna do Star Trek AND American Gods?

He co-created American Gods with Michael Green.

Michael Green created and ran Kings.

However it works out, it's gonna work out fine.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

That has never been the case for a Bryan Fuller show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

That has never been the case for a Bryan Fuller show.
:thejoke:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Toxxupation posted:

I guess You're The Worst isn't long for the world

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah. He's gonna be this dude

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

He co-created American Gods with Michael Green.

Michael Green created and ran Kings.

That show is just doubling down on early cancellation huh?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

I guess You're The Worst isn't long for the world

Seems like the sort of show they can shoot quickly in a few months, or go on hold entirely because a main cast member got a huge movie roll. Apparently the FX bosses really like it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Seems like the sort of show they can shoot quickly in a few months, or go on hold entirely because a main cast member got a huge movie roll. Apparently the FX bosses really like it.

Yeah, but like, 17 people watch it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They can just recast her role in YTW with her Earth-2 alternate, Karen Gillan.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

less laughter posted:

They can just recast her role in YTW with her Earth-2 alternate, Karen Gillan.

That's not fair at all, Aya Cash is a good actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Oh boy a two season Star Trek series.

I think the thing that's more dangerous to the new Trek show is how they're only going to air it on CBS' subscription service.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the thing that's more dangerous to the new Trek show is how they're only going to air it on CBS' subscription service.

Their current service has ads + a monthly sub right?

I'll not be subbing unless there is an ad free option.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Man, Bryan Fuller can't win.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Lol. Yeah, Star Trek isn't the sort of show that attracts fans who are comfortable with piracy, go ahead and put up as many barriers to watching it legally as you want.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

boom boom boom posted:

Lol. Yeah, Star Trek isn't the sort of show that attracts fans who are comfortable with piracy, go ahead and put up as many barriers to watching it legally as you want.

Yeah basically this. There was some show on syfy a few years ago that aired in Canada a week before the US. Not sure how Syfy didn't know that the entire fan base would get it illegally due to that.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Anyone checked out Mad Dogs? I'm not sure if I've never seen anyone talk about the show here, or I've just glossed over the posts that have.

Anyway, I'm 3 episodes in and I'm really digging it. It's not high art, but the setting is awesome and it's a really fun ride.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xcore posted:

Anyone checked out Mad Dogs? I'm not sure if I've never seen anyone talk about the show here, or I've just glossed over the posts that have.

Anyway, I'm 3 episodes in and I'm really digging it. It's not high art, but the setting is awesome and it's a really fun ride.

I really liked it, but it sort of switches gear halfway through the season.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreenNight posted:

Yeah basically this. There was some show on syfy a few years ago that aired in Canada a week before the US. Not sure how Syfy didn't know that the entire fan base would get it illegally due to that.

You're talking about the Showcase Syfy shows, all of which premiered on Showcase because they were Canadian productions. Syfy just had US broadcast rights.

Off the top of my head the ones affected were Continuum and Lost Girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Party Plane Jones posted:

You're talking about the Showcase Syfy shows, all of which premiered on Showcase because they were Canadian productions. Syfy just had US broadcast rights.

Off the top of my head the ones affected were Continuum and Lost Girl.

Yeah it was Continuum.

• Locked thread