Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

"Smarter than the Browns" is the lowest bar to clear.

The Jags haven't always cleared it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

"Smarter than the Browns" is the lowest bar to clear.

Riley Cooper account spotted

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I cannot wait to see this get brushed under the rug and then get to hear racial platitudes about how Ray Rice is still out of the league and Manziel is still on a roster. Probably a Chip Kelly roster for maximum hilarity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I cannot wait to see this get brushed under the rug and then get to hear racial platitudes about how Ray Rice is still out of the league and Manziel is still on a roster. Probably a Chip Kelly roster for maximum hilarity.

The bright lights of Santa Clara just aren't ready for Johnny Football.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm sure the funeral pyre for Manziel's career is going to burn even brighter before it goes out. 2 seasons in and he's already gone to rehab, relapsed, popped up in Vegas under the name Billy with a wig and sunglasses, and beat his ex girlfriend so badly her eardrum blew out. Two seasons. He's spent more time getting yelled at while drunk by staff in Cleveland than he has playing for them for gently caress's sake.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/697107214083977216

That's So Cleveland

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That was the speculation, except that it was a hangover. Not that he was still drunk. Good job everyone.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hockles posted:

That was the speculation, except that it was a hangover. Not that he was still drunk. Good job everyone.

There were goons getting mad when people suggested he showed up drunk at practice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what's the ideal scenario here? Cleveland loses a draft pick for lying about a concussion? Johnny fucks them over one last time before moving to another team or pulling a Last Boy Scout?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

Riley Cooper account spotted

I appreciate this post

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25478429/kyle-allen-texas-am-dysfunction-stems-from-manziel-led-culture

I am Johnny Football, destroyer of teams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So Jonathan Football is responsible for my school getting their shiny new QB. Thanks Johnny!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*peers over glasses* that's some Johnball

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Intruder posted:

So Jonathan Football is responsible for my school getting their shiny new QB. Thanks Johnny!

And judging by the article he was the one player at A&M that's serious about football so congrats

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Johnny giveth and Johnny taketh away.

Johnny and Sumlin turned A&M into a recruiting powerhouse by giving it an image makeover. The fightin' farmers became ballers makin' it rain in the club. I can see how the current problems might have to do with kids coming to A&M expecting to live that Johnny life, but hey, at least they came.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So Jonathan "loving" Football had an O-line that produced a bunch of NFL players and nobody questions why he seemed to be so productive in college but washed the gently caress out in the NFL?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Joe Thomas and Alex Mack: noted pieces of poo poo and bad at being linemans.

edit:

He washed the gently caress out of the NFL because he can't stop hitting the sauce.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

FAUXTON posted:

So Jonathan "loving" Football had an O-line that produced a bunch of NFL players and nobody questions why he seemed to be so productive in college but washed the gently caress out in the NFL?

He also had WR Mike Evans, who doesn't get enough attention for being one of the most dominant CFB players I've ever seen. In a pinch Manziel could pretty much just lob a jump ball in a general forward direction and Evans would usually find a way to go get it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what's the ideal scenario here? Cleveland loses a draft pick for lying about a concussion? Johnny fucks them over one last time before moving to another team or pulling a Last Boy Scout?

The signs and symptoms of a concussion almost completely coincide with a hangover. Even if the staff thinks he's full of poo poo, they need to do concussion testing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It really is amazing just how right that leaked patriots scouting report on Manziel turned out to be, yeesh.

I really didn't think he could gently caress it up this badly. Like, remember laughing for ages about JaMarcus not giving a poo poo and rocking the drank?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now I want to see their report for Hernandez.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NC-17 posted:

At this point I imagine its a lot of [REDACTED]

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I miss the Scooby Doo Manziel days.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Turns out Johnny Football thinks grode jars are gross and worshiping a dog is weird. A cancerous environment.Alcoholism and abuse are fine though

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

"Make sure he knows that remote cabins in Vermont are not a terribly far away drive and cheap to purchase with surprisingly lax gun laws for the north east".

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I really didn't think Johnny Football had an alcohol problem at first. I just assumed ESPN was basically concern trolling about it because "OMG HE WAS AT A PARTY" was such an easy narrative to push and get lots of rage about.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

I appreciate this post

(I do too, actually.)

Morby posted:

I really didn't think Johnny Football had an alcohol problem at first. I just assumed ESPN was basically concern trolling about it because "OMG HE WAS AT A PARTY" was such an easy narrative to push and get lots of rage about.

I thought it was pretty obvious he had a problem that could possibly wash him out of the league, I just didn't think it would turn him violent since there hadn't been any reports of such while he was in college.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Morby posted:

Well, he went to rehab, so he obviously has A problem. I think it was interesting that they seemingly went out of there way to never specify why. Like they never said it was for alcohol, which typically means its for something else.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

swickles posted:

Well, he went to rehab, so he obviously has A problem. I think it was interesting that they seemingly went out of there way to never specify why. Like they never said it was for alcohol, which typically means its for something else.

There were rumors about cocaine usage, before he had that photo with the rolled up $5 or whatever.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

whiteyfats posted:

People were saying the Jags should have took him instead of Bort. Bort is a goon with a weird name, but he's not a women beating piece of poo poo. Also better at football.

It's weird being a fan of a team that makes good decisions.

Some Texans fans really wanted him too (well just the Aggies). This billboard was a thing in Houston:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Marin Karin posted:

Some Texans fans really wanted him too (well just the Aggies). This billboard was a thing in Houston:

this is why superdelegates exist btw

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

(I do too, actually.)

I thought it was pretty obvious he had a problem that could possibly wash him out of the league, I just didn't think it would turn him violent since there hadn't been any reports of such while he was in college.

swickles posted:

When he was at A&M the reports of him as partying OMG SO MUCH just seemed overblown. His going to rehab surprised me since it seemed like he partied the same amount as other rich college students, just that it was overblown and overhyped since he was a Heisman winner.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Flikken posted:

So PFT just said that the league might put Manziel on paid leave while they investigate. If they do that the Browns won't be able to cut Manziel on March 9th and have to eat a cap hit for his salary next year.

How can the league do that? Isn't he an employee of the Browns, not the NFL?

E: Why is Manziel getting this leash? It seems extremely long.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Regnevelc posted:

How can the league do that? Isn't he an employee of the Browns, not the NFL?

E: Why is Manziel getting this leash? It seems extremely long.

1) That can't be worded right. I can't see how the league can force a player on a team like that, unless they are picking up his tab and/or his salary won't count towards the Browns' cap.

2) He's a white Quarterback.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hockles posted:

1) That can't be worded right. I can't see how the league can force a player on a team like that, unless they are picking up his tab and/or his salary won't count towards the Browns' cap.

3) He generates news, which certainly benefits both the NFL and the NFL's media partnerships, and no publicity is bad for them.

God, I can't even tell when I'm being ironically cynical and when it's genuine anymore.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thaddius the Large posted:

3) He generates news, which certainly benefits both the NFL and the NFL's media partnerships, and no publicity is bad for them.

God, I can't even tell when I'm being ironically cynical and when it's genuine anymore.

The NFL may decide to turn over a new leaf and suspend players during DV investigations in which they are a PoI, banning them if/when charged.

:laffo: like they'll ever do that given the neuropathy.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe he can be the lovely prison QB who gets replaced by Burt Reynolds/Adam Sandler in The Longest Yard

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hockles posted:

Possibility of paid leave looms for LeSean McCoy, Johnny Manziel
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/possibility-of-paid-leave-looms-for-lesean-mccoy-johnny-manziel/

Another story came out later that the NFL isn't going to pull this move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Marin Karin posted:

Johnny football

• Locked thread