Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

No way. I so want to call bullshit on this one. Has to be a replica, if not a kit. But I want to believe so hard that some guy drives a rally Stratos around Virginia like it is no big deal

So many federal bumpers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

hackbunny posted:

No way. I so want to call bullshit on this one. Has to be a replica, if not a kit. But I want to believe so hard that some guy drives a rally Stratos around Virginia like it is no big deal

Victoria.
Canada.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rally Stratos is just the best loving daily driver ever.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Enourmo posted:

bless this post

re Amazons, didn't 14 inch have one for a while?

I think you're mixing it up with the VW Type 3 he had.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think you're mixing it up with the VW Type 3 he had.

He had a 142 at some point, I think.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Victoria.
Canada.

Those aren't bc plates. maybe australia?

More louvers

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Everything about that car is perfect. It's straight out of Fallout. The little Jetson's ringed protrusions on the rear bumper are the perfect touch.
This car is everything the '50s wanted for the future.

JazzmasterCurious posted:

This one lives in my town somewhere and it's beautiful.

Unf. I am such a sucker for widened steelies. Volvo's stock steelies (at least on the 240s and 740s) were reasonably beefy and nicely dished to begin with.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Came across this Mustang pic randomly. It's goddamn gorgeous.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Wheels, tires, and ride height make so much visual difference to that car.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sidewall lettering ties everything together.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Victoria.
Canada.

Oh ugh, how the hell did that happen

Seems to be real though, the photo was taken at a concourse of elegance in 2011. There was a rally Stratos at Villa d'Este last year, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jnj7CW4zMg

... but:
  • no license plate
  • the livery is a replica, the last original livery for that car was red-black Pirelli
so this one "wins". I doubt it's actually driven because there's road legal and "road legal", but if I had that kind of money, gently caress it all, I totally would

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

jamal posted:

Yeah, those are Australian (maybe just Victorian) heritage plates. You can register the car for a lower price, but you need to keep a log book of distance driven.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GlenMR posted:

Yeah, those are Australian (maybe just Victorian) heritage plates. You can register the car for a lower price, but you need to keep a log book of distance driven.

They are Victorian (Australia) Club Permit plates. You have to be a member of a car club to get them, the bonus is that you get cheap rego so you can keep you classic car on the road.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Locator posted:

Wheels, tires, and ride height make so much visual difference to that car.

I agree. Too bad I'll pretty much never be able to have a coupe daily driver again or I'd be all over one of these.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I really want a GT350 (and a Focus RS), but it would be a pretty dumb move financially since I also want to get out from under this house so I can move closer to work, the commute is terrible.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My brother's soon-to-be father-in-law owns one of the largest Ford dealerships in the country. I met him last weekend and he said he can get me ~exceptional~ deals on any new Ford. That's the car guy equivalent of having your drug dealer marrying into your family.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Locator posted:

I really want a GT350 (and a Focus RS), but it would be a pretty dumb move financially since I also want to get out from under this house so I can move closer to work, the commute is terrible.

Yeah, but the commute would be slightly less terrible at 8250 RPM

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BoostCreep posted:

My brother's soon-to-be father-in-law owns one of the largest Ford dealerships in the country. I met him last weekend and he said he can get me ~exceptional~ deals on any new Ford. That's the car guy equivalent of having your drug dealer marrying into your family.

So he crashes on your couch constantly and makes shady deals in your backyard and you're cool with it because obviously 'we cool bro right'?

And at the middle of the night you get gentleman and lady callers knocking on your door screaming for that fiesta with no down payment he promised hed be getting

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Let's be honest, you'd also feel like the coolest guy in the traffic jam.

Because you would be.

I'm very curious about the Fusion Sport, too. Makes me wonder if we'll see a 350+ hp ST model announced next year. The 2.7 muscled a full sized truck to 60 in under 6 seconds, decent odds it can muscle an awd sedan there in 5 or less.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

You Am I posted:

They are Victorian (Australia) Club Permit plates. You have to be a member of a car club to get them, the bonus is that you get cheap rego so you can keep you classic car on the road.

I believe you can also get cheaper insurance because its not meant to be on the road as much. In QLD I think you are only allowed to be driving it too and from events or the mechanics? We had a QLD Classic plates on my Dad's EH and if we took it to the shops we were really "testing the new diff".

Four Door Skylines!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

I dunno, I think having that redline taunt you while you slog along at 5MPH might make it worse.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

El Scotch posted:

Let's be honest, you'd also feel like the coolest guy in the traffic jam.

Because you would be.

I'm very curious about the Fusion Sport, too. Makes me wonder if we'll see a 350+ hp ST model announced next year. The 2.7 muscled a full sized truck to 60 in under 6 seconds, decent odds it can muscle an awd sedan there in 5 or less.

If you want a full sized, awd, 350+HP car, Ford already has you covered :getin:

Taurus SHO w/ 3.5 ecoboost. 0-60 in 5.2

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 10, 2016

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

El Scotch posted:

The 2.7 muscled a full sized truck to 60 in under 6 seconds, decent odds it can muscle an awd sedan there in 5 or less.

Holy... Google confirms, the ecoboost F150 has a 5.7 second 0-60. That's mind blowing considering the FiST sits at 6.7. Granted 0-60 is the last reason to buy an ST, but that's still a mindfuck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The AWD 2.0 ecoboost MKZ is $37k. I can't imagine the 3.0 being too much more, and with the fusion sport already being $34,350 and an RS being more expensive, you might as well get the lincoln for the 400hp/400ftlbs.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

hackbunny posted:

So many federal bumpers

Virginia is for Louvers

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You guys see two cars parked on the left side of the road and don't think anything of it?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

jamal posted:

More louvers

Just FYI, but the forums offer full SSL now, and your images do not show up to people who are using SSL as your server doesn't seem to offer the capability.

Zen Death Robot in the Technical Thread in QCS can offer more precise info, but just a heads up since more and more people will probably have the same issue.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
sherp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7n00Xx38o

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
At first I thought those were RC trucks driving in some grass. Then there was a man in it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cellular Suicide posted:

Holy... Google confirms, the ecoboost F150 has a 5.7 second 0-60.

For reference, that's pretty much the same performance as a stock '99 Lightning. Mindfuck indeed.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

The AWD 2.0 ecoboost MKZ is $37k. I can't imagine the 3.0 being too much more, and with the fusion sport already being $34,350 and an RS being more expensive, you might as well get the lincoln for the 400hp/400ftlbs.

I'll be surprised if the MSRP is less than 50k up here, probably not less than 55, though you're right it could end up being a better overall value, particularly with haggling.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

This is awesome enough to start, and then at about 1:20 things get nuts. I usually just check out the awesome and then click out, I'm really glad I hung around for that one.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cellular Suicide posted:

Holy... Google confirms, the ecoboost F150 has a 5.7 second 0-60. That's mind blowing considering the FiST sits at 6.7. Granted 0-60 is the last reason to buy an ST, but that's still a mindfuck.

That is also the rated sprint to 60 with my wife's Ecoboost Flex I picked up for her last month. I can confirm that 2nd and 3rd gears are the most fun. :smug:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

LloydDobler posted:

This is awesome enough to start, and then at about 1:20 things get nuts. I usually just check out the awesome and then click out, I'm really glad I hung around for that one.

My only thought is that, having driven skid steer loaders for long enough, is that skid steer + mud = horribly, horribly, HORRIBLY bogged as you build up a massive wedge of poo poo under you with the tyre sidewalls and essentially lift yourself off the ground

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Locator posted:

I commute 2 hours (20 miles) to work every day.
I just bought a new truck and you'd be surprised how little you care about the commute if you have the proper vehicle.

Cellular Suicide posted:

I got the 3.5L ecoboost with a 2WD SuperCrew cab :smug: I think it's still somewhere just south of 6 seconds?

PaintVagrant posted:

Virginia is for Louvers

:golfclap:

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 10, 2016

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is also the rated sprint to 60 with my wife's Ecoboost Flex I picked up for her last month. I can confirm that 2nd and 3rd gears are the most fun. :smug:

Do you know how the ecoboost Explorer stacks up? I'm on the fence between it an the Durango R/T.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I can't wait to see one of these with rockstar wheels and an LED light bar idling in traffic behind me.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I commute 2 hours (20 miles) to work every day.
I just bought a new truck and you'd be surprised how little you care about the commute if you have the proper vehicle.

I commute 1.25~1.5 hours (51 miles) each way for work. I drive a nice comfortable car (Focus ST). No matter how nice it is, I can never get back the 3 hours of every loving day that I waste sitting in traffic staring at the bumper of the car in front of me not moving. It's not that I dislike driving, it's that I dislike the huge amount of time that I spend in traffic that I could be spending on something else if I didn't live so far from the office.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MrYenko posted:

I can't wait to see one of these with rockstar wheels and an LED light bar idling in traffic behind me.

Given that it's maximum speed is 45kph, I doubt they'll be coming to a road near you anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Locator posted:

Given that it's maximum speed is 45kph, I doubt they'll be coming to a road near you anytime soon.

poo poo, thats above average for rush hour.