Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaklaw
May 12, 2008
~*Choirs of Angels*~

What a day! Only way that this could have been better is if Jeb! could have managed that half a point to come in third. Jeb staying in is good for Trump and in a way even for Bernie. I hope the late count puts him over bet even without that, Trump with a very solid win and Bernie with a friggin' landslide! Plus Rubio down and Christie out?! This is going to be a very, very interesting week. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Montasque posted:

Will 2020 have a crazy Reality TV star billionaire and a loveable grumpy Jewish grandpa?

What I am trying to say is how do you top this?

The 2020 Election Showdown: Former President Richard Nixon (R-Ghosts) vs Senator Hologram of Tupac (D-CA)

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Montasque posted:

Will 2020 have a crazy Reality TV star billionaire and a loveable grumpy Jewish grandpa?

I think you forget Kanye is running.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4VxVoYvqOw&t=125s

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

PT6A posted:

I just talked to my folks, who were down in the US for holiday, and they honestly thought that, based on the bleeping on networks, Trump and/or Trump's supporter called Cruz a oval office, rear end in a top hat or fucker. When I told them it was actually "pussy", my Dad told my Mum, by way of yelling across the room, and she laughed.

Honestly, if y'all pussies are too pussy to hear "pussy" without feeling offended, Trump is the president you deserve.

Pussy was censored for the same people who bitch incessantly about political correctness.

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 10, 2016

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I've got a porche! Daddy sends hugs!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Pussy was censored for the same people who bitch incessantly about politically correctness.

the people who bitch incessantly about political correctness roared in approval and gave a standing ovation.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Montasque posted:

Someone doesn't remember Santorum nearly calling Obama a friend of the family and declaring he doesn't want to help "blah" people, and Herman Cain running under the flag of Pokemon with a Sim City tax plan, or the VP candidate that was Sarah Palin.

Everything is crazy all of the time.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

South Carolina is going to be a bloodbath

Jeb is pulling out all the stops. I'm pretty sure W is campaigning there starting this week.

I hope Trump loving burns the bush family alive come Feb 20

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Bobby Jindal got 41 votes.

I feel like that has to be a clerical error.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

messagemode1 posted:

Really early absentee ballots?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

messagemode1 posted:

Someone doesn't remember Santorum nearly calling Obama a friend of the family and declaring he doesn't want to help "blah" people, and Herman Cain running under the flag of Pokemon with a Sim City tax plan, or the VP candidate that was Sarah Palin.

Everything is crazy all of the time.

Any given Trump rally is crazier than most of that stuff combined.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
If only probating vile would stop the rise of trump.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

Kanye
West

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can feel the jindal fever rising

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

qq more you little baby

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
So it's got to be embarrassing as poo poo if that inevitable Romney endorsement for Rubio never come about, right?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i can feel the jindal fever rising

You should probably get that checked out.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

messagemode1 posted:

41 people need an exorcism.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mystery Goomba posted:

41 people need an exorcism.

They seem to be giving them out

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I just wanted to go over some posts so you all start LISTENING TO ME IM RIGHT DAMMIT. I am wrong sometimes too, like I called Bush would drop and endorse Rubio, but seriously, first, one to prove my tremendous abilities:

2/3, prior to the debate, on Rubio's music choices:
I hope this poo poo backfires, hs talks about loving Avicii too. "BEEP BOOP I AM ELECTABLE BECAUSE OBAMA WON ONLY CUZ HES HIP I AM ALSO HIP *BZZZT*"

Then a few weeks back...
1/18
"The thing about a cult of personality is that it essentially precludes any scenario involving "voters desert Trump in droves" even if their man kills a puppy or something. We just haven't seen a true cult of personality in our political scene for so long that all the pundits forgot psych 101"
(note: "I could shoot somebody on 5th avenue..." was 1/23)

1/22 on "why are so many people starting to be Trump/Sanders?"
"Uh both candidates want to burn this mother down Not sure it gets any more nuanced than that"

1/24 (his first use of this line)

Oh man, Trump's gonna win the eminent domain stupidity with one sentence at the debate.

"Every one of these people wants the Keystone pipeline. Without eminent domain it wouldn't go fifteen feet."

Note: he skipped the debate the 28th, but this is certainly his go-to now.

1/28 night before skipped debate

Mr Boogie: "He pretty much told CNN that he would have come to the debate after the apology, but he's not because he'd look like an rear end in a top hat for not going to the veterans event now."

Me: "This is why he's having the event, for this line right here. And it's impossible to prove that he planned that way.

1/28 on the debate-skip being embarrasing, and (now confirmed) protestor plants:

"The more embarrassing the better. All that matters is by Monday "the establishment and the media were vicious and attacked me for helping the vets and losing them money""

"These loving protesters are so good for Trump that I'm pretty sure they're plants."

On the eve of Iowa:
"If he underperforms EVERYONE will jump on the narrative he's blown it, they'll be too aggressive, he may spin it back and cauterize the wound.

Don't think Reagan skipping Iowa debate and losing Iowa before steamrolling didn't factor in here. Trump, as of now, controls the narrative regardless of single primary outcome."

Post-Iowa, on Trump voters losing interest before NH:

"Hard to tell until NH. Trump underperformed 24% vs 28% expected, so if that holds he still narrowly wins all other early states even if it's just a 3man and the establishment rallies for Marco - who hasn't been hit by Trump in months."

"The anger is still there, id bet a lot on "his winner image is ruined!" Being totally wrong.
We did learn his ground game really was a joke, though.
"

2/2, on parallels with 2008 the media will no doubt hit now:

"Trump looks less like Giuliani (3% iowa) or Gingrich (4th Place) and more like McCain in 2008 - another Maverick that's hard to put in a box of ideology. Keeping Cruz, who acts like Huck, and Rubio, who's as coached as 2008 Romney, will result in his nomination.
People won't predict this because Christie, Jeb and Kasich will drop soon and Rubio will be "inevitable" as I'm sure Romney was at some juncture in 2008."

(I was wrong on Kasich)

The morning after Iowa:
"Nobody thinks Trump still wins NH handily? Really? The master of spin with a 24 point lead can't run out the clock for a week?"

Montasque replies:
"I think Trump's entire campaign hinged on him running the table in the first three states. He failed in Iowa, failed horribly, it was embarrassing, pathetic. Guy was winning every poll but it didn't matter - His voters, like him, are poo poo."

Well argued, Montasque.

2/4

"Oh I'm sure he'll do some work in SC at looking dumb again. He's going to smoke the debate Saturday though. Raddatz moderated Biden v Ryan, and I hope to see something like that with Trump and Rubio." (who could have foretold Chrispie Kreme?)

"Attacking Cruz this hard I'm not sure is wise, but the man knows his news cycles. If he has a different tack tomorrow.and Friday it could be favorable overall. He's certainly sucked a bit of oxygen from Rubio's coronation by casting doubt on the entire caucus, and because friend Ben is loved and was the one who got hosed, his Trumpertantrum isn't totally unwarranted or unjustified."

Cameo from Professor Lurker: "You all are being way to bullish on Rubio at the moment." Well done.

On the Trump narrative:

"A man of hubris is piled onto for being a huge loser in defeat, but then even though he was arguably cheated he finds humility and roars back with a renewed vigor and even optimism."

2/5, my advice to Rubio, which he took almost exactly, but it didn't work out:

"His lack of ambition just allows him to float freely through and look "unshakeable" when really he's clearly on an upper and enjoying the love. He seems nice, trained and totally cool with "pick me i aint done poo poo but would defeat Hillary Clinton... Rubio just has to ignore the question and feign Obama."

2/6, minutes following Rubio's fuckup:
"either I'm right and the whole nation is about to flip their poo poo, or Marco pretty much has this thing in the bag"

Immediately following the debate:
"To guess Tuesday:

1. TRUMP
2. Kasich
3. Cruz
4. Rubio
5. Christie"

BEND THE KNEE

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 10, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freepers are passing around this video that they say proves that Ted Cruz is for Eminent Domain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHHnjnndWA

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

Immediately following the debate:
"To guess Tuesday:

1. TRUMP
2. Kasich
3. Cruz
4. Rubio
5. Christie"

BEND THE KNEE

Looks like you didn't actually get this right, friend

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Montasque posted:

Freepers are passing around this video that they say proves that Ted Cruz is for Eminent Domain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHHnjnndWA

Wait, wasn't Cruz their favored son, the one who hasn't yet earned their eternal enmity for having a single thought divergent to the insanely racist branch of the right wing?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Baloogan posted:

the people who bitch incessantly about political correctness roared in approval and gave a standing ovation.

I know, but that's who the censorship standards exist for.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

memy posted:

Looks like you didn't actually get this right, friend

I forgot Jeb! :(

but yeah I meant bend the knee overall, not for my amazing 1-5 prediction. That Marco is a robot who just needed to ignore the question and pretend to be Obama, for example, would have worked, and was his strategy, too bad he LITERALLY short-circuited instead of saying "yeah, you have lines you go to too, Chris, let's move on"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Pander posted:

Wait, wasn't Cruz their favored son, the one who hasn't yet earned their eternal enmity for having a single thought divergent to the insanely racist branch of the right wing?

Trumpians are now outnumbering Cruzites on freep.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pander posted:

Nope, Freep has been embroiled in a Trump vs Cruz civil war that makes the actual civil war look downright civilized

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Peachstapler posted:

An endorsement from Christie will go a long way. I'm sure the call has already been placed and the offer for AG extended.

Then he can prosecute Hillary, using his experience as a former federal prosecutor, a job he began the day before 9/11!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Montasque posted:

Cruz campaign dropped this hot ad just in time for Trump's big win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onUaRyvfv1A

Lmao, this just drives home Trump's larger than life image and sends the message that he's getting kids interested in politics. What the hell.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nope, Freep has been embroiled in a Trump vs Cruz civil war that makes the actual civil war look downright civilized

It's a site filled with people not on speaking terms with any immediate relatives, so there's a lot of anger, loneliness, and bitterness to work out over the anonymity of the internet. That doesn't tend to produce civil discourse, no.

I'm just surprised they can get over his new york roots. Everyone from there is an evil sinner!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rocks posted:

South Carolina is going to be a bloodbath

Jeb is pulling out all the stops. I'm pretty sure W is campaigning there starting this week.

I hope Trump loving burns the bush family alive come Feb 20

The Bushes have a knack for lovely tricks in South Carolina but Jeb is going to need a lot of lovely tricks to topple donglord trump invictus.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Bush family had Karl Rove and Lee Atwater to stir up the racist innuendo on their opponents. Jeb has no one of that political caliber no matter how loathsome and Trump can stir up that poo poo himself just fine.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Automatic Slim posted:

The Bush family had Karl Rove and Lee Atwater to stir up the racist innuendo on their opponents. Jeb has no one of that political caliber no matter how loathsome and Trump can stir up that poo poo himself just fine.

I'll admit the comedy of Jeb being done in by talk of an illegitimate black daughter would be the next cherry on the election sundae. He doesn't even know any black women young enough to bear children but you get thousands of people insisting Jeb own up to being the father of La-a (pronounced "ladasha" because the dash don't be silent :bahgawd: ugh it's gross writing that) and him just denying it in the least convincing manner.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Trump > Kasich > Cruz > Jeb! > Rubio > Christie > Paul > Fiorina > Carson > Santorum > Huckabee > Gilmore

Assuming the rankings on DDHQ stay the same when the final results are tabulated, I think you're the only one who got the exact order right if you remove Paul/Santorum/Huckabee from the equation. I think only one other person predicted the Trump > Kasich > Cruz > Jeb! > Rubio > Christie order correctly.

I, on the other hand, was incredibly wrong. I certainly did not see that coming. Oh well! The Party Has Yet To Decide!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

I'll admit the comedy of Jeb being done in by talk of an illegitimate black daughter would be the next cherry on the election sundae. He doesn't even know any black women young enough to bear children but you get thousands of people insisting Jeb own up to being the father of La-a (pronounced "ladasha" because the dash don't be silent :bahgawd: ugh it's gross writing that) and him just denying it in the least convincing manner.

Doesn't have to be black people. Jeb's wife is Mexican, H. W. referred to his grandkids as "the brown children". Trump has been evangelizing about illegals and Muslims and walls since day one. It won't take a far leap for Trump to play on SC voters' baser instincts. Calling Jeb's kids drug addicted anchor babies would be so easy for some one so shameless as Trump. And that would be an incredible irony considering what Rove and W. did to McCain in 2000.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 10, 2016

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

FAUXTON posted:

I think montesque (sp) or someone else said that the dirty guys behind the McCain SC smears in 2000 are on Rubio's campaign this time around. So it might happen!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

messagemode1 posted:

The ballots are alphabetical but start at a random point in the alphabet and wrap around to eliminate the bias that would exist having someone at the top of the list. I think we've just discovered that the top of ballot bias with the random ballots is about 41 votes.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Mitt Romney posted:

I think montesque (sp) or someone else said that the dirty guys behind the McCain SC smears in 2000 are on Rubio's campaign this time around. So it might happen!

Sup:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/marco-rubios-knife-fighters

The above is an article on Rubio's SC/Atwater trained ratfucker squad.

E:

Oiled and Ready posted:

Montasque replies:
"I think Trump's entire campaign hinged on him running the table in the first three states. He failed in Iowa, failed horribly, it was embarrassing, pathetic. Guy was winning every poll but it didn't matter - His voters, like him, are poo poo."

Well argued, Montasque.

I honestly thought Rubio was going to overtake Trump after Iowa. Then the debate happened.

With that said after tonight maybe Trump would have won regardless of Rubio short-circuiting.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mitt Romney posted:

Please happen :pray:

• Locked thread