Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

a hackneyed, uninspired plot that's been done to death already. croberts all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What's the original Lesnick challenge? I want to try it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

New canon race -- the Ben'les:

were these the aliens who acted like massive space tards as part of their plan to secretly ripoff people?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

This guy using our internal LOD test build made a bunch of movies while testing all planetary aircraft. I wanted to show you guys what correct physics looks like when done right.

In this movie, he flies into the base, then bails. Watch the shuttle.

https://youtu.be/z8yfgcdxJAs?list=PL8MwWuXWwAA5JRtL0uvlw342UO7Iilv_z&t=90

7 years + $150M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvEtWU6Rpt4&t=1927s

Correct physics...like these loving shuttles?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Khanstant posted:

were these the aliens who acted like massive space tards as part of their plan to secretly ripoff people?

Yeah. They didn't just act like it, though- they actually were massive space tards.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Raskolnikov posted:

Fixing this. Revision 2.0 now with 220% more "The Vision."

I can feel the immersion.

:gary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3NfYF-SoIM

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

TheLastRoboKy posted:

We'll do a show, called it "Redacts the 'Lax"

Yes I'm aware it makes no sense.

Dreams are happening now. See you in the 'Lax, Operative.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Khanstant posted:

Actual space tards who believed they where smart and amazing puppet masters and only pretending to be space tards. They may or may not have spent all their money on Star Citizen.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

We'll do a show, called it "Redacts the 'Lax"

Yes I'm aware it makes no sense.

How about a Twitch broadcast that consists of nothing but Plebeians who don't know how development works just shooting the poo poo about their favourite imaginary game mode/addon/asset/fetish?

We could call it "'The Live 'Lax-Ative"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Hopper posted:

How about a Twitch broadcast that consists of nothing but Plebeians who don't know how development works just shooting the poo poo about their favourite imaginary game mode/addon/asset/fetish?

We could call it "'The Live 'Lax-Ative"

Or "'Lax-Atives Help You Shoot the poo poo!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the concept of a race of not-humans-wink that are just big fat retards to everyone in the galaxy is retarded

speaking of, wouldn't the people who spend the most on this game be the ones who need it the least? Surely those are the people who would theoretically be playing the game all the time, fro years, so that they'd inevitably end up owning everything anyway?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cant wait to collect government-mandated payments from solar plebians throughout the cosmos in my auditcraft

gonna tax the 'lax

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Or "'Lax-Atives Help You Shoot the poo poo!"

Have a bit more class, really. You can't waste your pun by making it super obvious, that is not how conning people works.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hopper posted:

Have a bit more class, really. You can't waste your pun by making it super obvious, that is not how conning people works.

Sorry, you're right. I'll police myself better going forward, I was being a bit lax.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

It's that poo poo in the textboxes nobody reads, which is why every expansion just has one of the dozen main characters of Warcraft 3 get corrupted for reasons and turn evil.

At least they can't keep doing that for long without the whole "we'll go back in time and you can kill this dead Warcraft III character over again!", since they are running out of WCIII characters and there are only so many colours they can paint a dragon before it becomes silly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Lesnick slumped over 6 family sized pizza boxes in front of 40 hours of cr cutscenes would rate a remake of s7even

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

i'm the flaccid dick going up my own rear end

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

Sorry, you're right. I'll police myself better going forward, I was being a bit lax.

"Lax" is also Swedish for salmon :rowdytrout:

Other pro-tier pun show names:

'Laxophone Solo (Single-player Lp-style stream by devs)
Relax the 'Lax (Unscripted twitch stream)
1337 'Laxxor (Glitch showcase)
Let's 'Ax 'bout the 'Lax (PR vetted fan questions answered by dev. Plus points for the Futurama reference imo)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

pepito sanchez posted:

i'm the flaccid dick going up my own rear end

nicely veiled brag dude

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
where do the regig stand as a people within the stimpire? what is their station?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Relax the LowTax

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It's funny how I know more about Stimpire lore than Star Citizen lore

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Daztek posted:

It's funny how I know more about Stimpire lore than Star Citizen lore

One of the two exists.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

StarbloodKiss posted:

where do the regig stand as a people within the stimpire? what is their station?

K-10TACL 109.2 FM

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"Lax" is also Swedish for salmon :rowdytrout:

Other pro-tier pun show names:

'Laxophone Solo (Single-player Lp-style stream by devs)
1337 'Laxxor (Glitch showcase)
Let's 'Ax 'bout the 'Lax (PR vetted fan questions answered by dev. Plus points for the Futurama reference imo)

OK let's see if I can get the hang of this...

'Lax Fax (Developers field questions about game mechanics)
'Lax On/'Lax Off (Showcasing how concept art becomes engine assets becomes final working model)
Rectal Pro'Lax (Goatse)

I may have missed the mark.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kavak posted:

What's the original Lesnick challenge? I want to try it.

It's some weird Pizza Hut pizza thing you have to eat over the course of watching Wing Commander. I think it's a personal pizza, a 2 liter coke, a cookie, and something else in less than 90 minutes. Basically, it's heartburn/a heart attack waiting to happen with the amount of grease, sugar, and such you shove into your mouth in a short period.

Ben did it when CIG streamed themselves watching Wing Commander on Twitch, which, ironically is against Twitch's EULA/TOS as its not gaming related content that the Citizens were all about supporting. However, they think that rule should only apply to people like Derek who was streaming himself doing live reaction/commentary of the Citizen Con event so they spammed the report button on his channel and got Twitch's automated system to ban his account for 24 hours.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 10, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

quote:

A peculiarity of this race is that are hermaphrodites and are always in a state of pregnancy, children kill the parent when born, but retain their memories and knowledge, fetuses, are attached to the brain mother. Because of this peculiarity the number of individuals is always the same no population growth. Considered a great offense to kill a creature of his race but even more if it kills the fetus, take great retaliate against this act and who do take revenge but never with another murder they have a great respect for all forms of life.

If the fetus retains memory and knowledge, and a person's identity is just collected thoughts, feelings and experiences, aren't they just basically immortal beings that shed skin? You don't need to get into weird lore about a species' reproduction when you can have the exact same story without it. What the gently caress is wrong with these people?

e:And if they're always in a state of pregnancy why would they be hermaphroditic? They would have to be asexual.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 10, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

StarbloodKiss posted:

the only thing with 'standing' in the stimpire is tortured balls and penises and standing is a misnomer. the stimpire is written bya loving lunatic who isn't banned on the rsi subforums. it is objectively worse than the hitler / satan guy and anyone who thinks derek smart is right but in the eyes of a hugely obese retard this isn't the case. unconfirmed whether being fat and unable to move from the llooming stimpire makes you more accepting of it - interestingly this is one of the few areas of human endurance that ben lesnick could beat me at the others being pizza, cutscenes to shithouse space games and loving his wife

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's some weird Pizza Hut pizza thing you have to eat over the course of watching Wing Commander. I think it's a personal pizza, a 2 liter coke, a cookie, and something else in less than 90 minutes. Basically, it's heartburn/a heart attack waiting to happen with the amount of grease, sugar, and such you shove into your mouth in a short period.

It was eating Pizza Hut's Triple Treat box (2 medium pizzas, breadsticks, and the baked chocolate-chip cookie) all in one sitting. The 'while watching Wing Commander' was tacked on later.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ben did it when CIG streamed themselves watching Wing Commander on Twitch, which, ironically is against Twitch's EULA/TOS as its not gaming related content that the Citizens were all about supporting. However, they think that rule should only apply to people like Derek who was streaming himself doing live reaction/commentary of the Citizen Con event so they spammed the report button on his channel and got Twitch's automated system to ban his account for 24 hours.

I think it started out with the goal of consuming some promotion box(?) they have with two pizzas and a pizza-size "cookie"

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Offkorn posted:

It was eating Pizza Hut's Triple Treat box (2 medium pizzas, breadsticks, and the baked chocolate-chip cookie) all in one sitting. The 'while watching Wing Commander' was tacked on later.

I'm a human garbage can and only slightly thinner than Lesnick, and even I wouldn't be able to do that.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 10, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am a bit chubby but the idea of eating two whole pizzas plus extras in a row makes me want to die inside

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

is rainbow hair guy actually the stimperor? no joke replies please I have to know

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
If anyone wants to play a real game that is out and functional and very interesting I've been enjoying The Witness. Very good puzzles and an incredibly beautiful world.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Offkorn posted:

Sounds totally doable (apart from the movie part). Depends on your definition of one sitting, can it be a full day split into 3 meals?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A cheapo thrustmaster hotas x is a good starter stick + throttle. Sadly thrustmaster doesn't have a mid range throttle to go with their mid range stick so you have to pair a thrustmaster T1600000000000000m stick with a CH throttle. It'll still come out cheaper than getting any of saitek/madcatz "high end" poo poo and be way better and 100 times more reliable.

Berious posted:

IMO HOTAS are bad and lovely for controlling ED or any game really. They're meant for ~maximum immersion~ for commandos who want to pretend they are in a real spaceship/airplane/whatever (while wearing battle fatigues and saying over on comms a lot). A bog standard joystick with rudder twist and a throttle will do everything a HOTAS can with one hand. Your other hand is then free to type mean words in chat as you make people feel grief.

A good reasonably priced joystick is something like that badboy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CJ5FPTA

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I like the Thrustmaster HOTAS-X T-Flight whatever a lot. It's inexpensive and it has a solid feel to it and mine's worked well for Elite. Just have to set one of the buttons as a modifier and you double the number of key binds you can do

http://amzn.com/B001CXYMFS

Yeah, I'll probably grab that Logitech or the Thrustmaster set at some point, reviews and build quality seem fine for both and they don't cost as much as a Star Citizen Completionist package like many other options I've seen :v:

A Loud Fart posted:

I love the fact pretend F-16 and A-10 pilots will talk about a HOTAS without blinking an eye. I'm guessing it's pronounced HO-TASS but all I see is HOTASS. Fingers on your sticks, commandos.

Good name / post combo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Saint Drogo posted:

is rainbow hair guy actually the stimperor? no joke replies please I have to know

As Chris Roberts likes to say, yes* :)

* In your dreams

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Finally caught up. Cuz I skipped 60 pages

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Iglocska posted:

Sounds totally doable (apart from the movie part). Depends on your definition of one sitting, can it be a full day split into 3 meals?

Yes, but only if the Wing Commander movie is playing the entire time, the screen tripling in size and volume every 90 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Iglocska posted:

Nope. The movie is your timer. By the credit roll the box must be empty and its a solo challenge (Dont do it.)

• Locked thread