Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Flipped my Carly Dropout NOs from .72 to .84 in no time. Not gonna re-enter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
drat it, Bernie trounced Hillary even more than expected, but Bernie for the nomination refuses to go up. I wanted to cash in on some cheap Bernie.NO DNOM shares.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Aliquid posted:

Was late to the party, bought at .84 and put a sell order at .90 :shobon:

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
And Cruz is up to 31 cents in SC already. A nice quick flip!

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Should I dump my Hillary NV shares now?

It's not a lot, but I don't know how much better it's going to get

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

I'm keepin' em! I trust her to keep her word and stick it through (and sell books).

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Dropped all my money in Fiorina No today and already pulled out today because I made good money. I am fine with buying mid 40s and selling 90.

Fat Lou has issued a correction as of 07:04 on Feb 10, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Wow, carly NO just jumped into the 90s. Part of me wants to chicken out and sell now

e: lol ok. just a spike. i'll stay strong!

FourLeaf has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Feb 10, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i lost all my predictit money on trump winning iowa. i had bought it when it was last 40 and could have sold it at like 90 when the exit polls came out :(

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

FourLeaf posted:

Wow, carly NO just jumped into the 90s. Part of me wants to chicken out and sell now

You should. Sell at least a portion.

I sold my Christie YES at 90 and I'm thinking about going back in for NO if I can get in for 5 cents. Can the big guy hold on for just 2 more days?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Carson.NO is still a good buy below 90 cents if you have any free cash. No loving way he drops out before SC, if only because he'll want to spite Cruz by siphoning his votes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gibberish posted:

Looks like no polling in Nevada since December. Who the gently caress knows what's going to happen. Either buy some Bernie no to the point where you have a negative risk, try and buy some O'Malley to do the same, or flip it and move on.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gibberish posted:

It is possible that Sanders fans will wake up tomorrow with a bunch of new money and throw it toward his next contest.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Gyges posted:

Looks like no polling in Nevada since December. Who the gently caress knows what's going to happen. Either buy some Bernie no to the point where you have a negative risk, try and buy some O'Malley to do the same, or flip it and move on.

Didn't O'Malley end his campaign?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gibberish posted:

Didn't O'Malley end his campaign?

Yes, which is why no one is likely to sell you O’Malley “NO”s, but if they did it would obviously be EV+, and theoretically you could cover Hillary “NO”s with O’Malley “NO”s same as you could cover them with Sanders “NO”s.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 12:48 on Feb 10, 2016

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
I just visited PredictIt for the first time and holy poo poo the markets are soft. Also huge arbitrage opportunities against any other bookie. Someone please, make a PredictIt for Europeans too. Please.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Vogler posted:

I just visited PredictIt for the first time and holy poo poo the markets are soft. Also huge arbitrage opportunities against any other bookie. Someone please, make a PredictIt for Europeans too. Please.

Yeah but you never know when someone's plane is going to crash into a mountainside and everything flips the gently caress upside-down. Even markets that seem rock-solid can change instantly.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'd love to take all my Trump YES shares and put it into Carson NOT dropping out to get a nice 6% return in 2 days, but.....dammit PredictIt, just close the Trump market!

Also Christie please drop out. I was able to get 120 shares for Christie YES to drop out around 80 cents, I don't need that fat fucker's ego getting in the way of reality.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'd be surprised if we didn't hear something from Christie sometime today. He has an infrastructure of staffers and supporters, albeit small, that he would rather not keep on pins and needles.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Got cold feet and sold off my respectable TRUMP.SC gains. I'm usually pretty good at these bets but no one burns me like Trump does. Fiorina & Carson NO should be giving me my healthy returns for this week.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm surprised Bernie's numbers went down after the NH primary for winning the nomination. People selling with cold feet thinking SC and NV are going to be blowout busts?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Nevada is still a black hole, isn't it? Bernie's gonna get hit harder in SC than Hillary was in NH so people are probably trading based off that.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

fiorina market just went berserk

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
What the hell just happened to the Fiorina market? I put 100 shares in as a safe bet at 80 a share. Double down or bail?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

quote:

bloh222 • a few seconds ago

Team is discussing backing out...saw it on TV, so I don't have link. Take it or leave it.
That's all I got. Nothing on the Twittersphere...

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I think a lot of people are just waiting for the first real post-NH poll to come out in SC. If it resembles the previous 3 polls on the RCP average (Trump up by about 16) I think you're going to see it go up to at least 80 a share.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Ah poo poo. Hope that's not true. Well, if its true, my shares in Trump will make up for it when he wins SC.

oh god what if he gets hit by a bus my precious moneys

EDIT: aaaaand it's back up to 86 a share.

UnoriginalMind has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Feb 10, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Peachstapler posted:

That's all I got. Nothing on the Twittersphere...

he deleted it. there's nothing on twitter or tv from what i can tell.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
There's very little liquidity in her market this is just a single person either buying in or selling off their NO

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, that's what i'm thinking. glad to get about 200 $.48 and $.70 shares, though :toot:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
http://neworleans.ysktoday.com/sources-indications-point-to-chris-christie-suspending-white-house-bid/

Sources: Indications point to Chris Christie suspending White House bid

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is huddling with top campaign aides on Wednesday and all indications are they expect him to formally suspend his bid for the Republican nomination, according to two sources. Details are still being worked out.

Make of it what you will.

e: Source says Christie cancels SC event Wednesday

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20160210/PC1603/160219962/1031&source=RSS?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Would be hilarious if he waited until Saturday to formally announce.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Arkane posted:

Would be hilarious if he waited until Saturday to formally announce.

It'd wipe out my gains from yesterday, that's for sure

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't really get why people are buying Fiorina not to drop out at 90%. Seems like a quick way to go broke if she changes her mind. She has no reason to continue to run.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so what are we thinking for sc? have to think hillary's a massive favorite. r-side, cruz could pull that off, i think. sc's not quite iowa, but they do love them some god and hate them some others. cruz is undervalued in the high $.20s, i think

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Abel Wingnut posted:

so what are we thinking for sc? have to think hillary's a massive favorite. r-side, cruz could pull that off, i think. sc's not quite iowa, but they do love them some god and hate them some others. cruz is undervalued in the high $.20s, i think

Latest polls say Trump by 15 points over Cruz. NH may demonstrate (sample size 1) that fears about Trump turning out voters in primaries as opposed to caucuses are incorrect. The polls are old, but not THAT old and Trump hasn't done anything since then that would change things, in my opinion.

If you can get Trump yes, optionally Cruz yes as a hedge, and everyone else no, and it works out to a profit, I'd say do that. I'm not doing that today; I'm in on what I consider safer bets like "Carson won't drop out by 2/12" for a guaranteed 7%.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I don't think we've seen any polls since Cruz began building his death-machine so I'd be cautious. I still think Trump will win but I'm not confident enough to put money on it especially with him already so far in the lead. Cruz YES may be a worthwhile gamble for a quick turnover.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:siren: Christie is out :siren:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

:siren: Christie is out :siren:

Easy call, it was all over his face last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU