Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of, I easily farmed a Phoenix and G2 from the Prones in Sylvalum, is there a trick to getting Intergalactic variants or is it luck?

E: Is the G2-Buster or G-Buster better? Regular G-Buster has more Force..

G2 Buster is slightly weaker, but its attack is a little faster and still has the ability to inflict Stagger, so I like it better. Either one is good at the end of the day, though. And yeah, just buy the highest tier gear at the shop that has Treasure Sensor VI on it for your party members. Putting that gear in every slot on your guys should get you close to 100% improved drop rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Getting a tricked out mech is actually super hard, and ti's probably the one thing for which I haven't been able to find an in depth guide. My recommendation is just to get the melee one and max all the arms manufacturers. All the stuff you can buy is more than plenty to farm an Ares 90 with ease. Once you have an Ares 90 you can decide whether or not you want to make custom mechs. One thing I never really see anyone mention is that the level 50s improve drastically if you slap ATK-5 armor on them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Safety Scissors posted:

Getting a tricked out mech is actually super hard, and ti's probably the one thing for which I haven't been able to find an in depth guide. My recommendation is just to get the melee one and max all the arms manufacturers. All the stuff you can buy is more than plenty to farm an Ares 90 with ease. Once you have an Ares 90 you can decide whether or not you want to make custom mechs. One thing I never really see anyone mention is that the level 50s improve drastically if you slap ATK-5 armor on them.

Cool, I bought the melee gear and am really close to maxing out the arms dealers but for the future, is there a trick to farming an Ares 90? Is it a gear, do you have to be a certain level to get it, does it matter? Does anything matter?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just beat chapter 5. When do I get more storage probes? I have three linked together with a booster probe next to them, but I have so many mining probes that I max out my miranium every time I get my haul. If I could hold more, I could max out my arms dealers way quicker. I've already put in like 35 hours doing missions and exploring.

Btw, I'm currently a Duelist. What's the deal with Blossom Dance? I've heard people saying it's absurdly good.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Louisgod posted:

Cool, I bought the melee gear and am really close to maxing out the arms dealers but for the future, is there a trick to farming an Ares 90? Is it a gear, do you have to be a certain level to get it, does it matter? Does anything matter?

I'd say the best way is just to do the level 30 nemesis and break off all 7 parts, then turn them in for rewards tickets. Then use the reward tickets for to get the things you need. I did it with one 50 and three 30 mechs, before i even hit 60. Then I had to go hit level 60 to use the Ares. You'll find guides that will say farm this, to farm that, to get the parts, but I think that's dumb. Once you have the Ares it becomes substantially easier to farm anything, and the end game options really open up. Even with the treasure sensor gear and the Ares, which one shots almost all the necessary targets, I don't bother farming for some of the stuff. It's just so much faster to do a nemesis run or two and get the items via reward tickets.

For the nemesis itself, I'd recommend you use physical and gravity attacks since it can gain reflection to the other types randomly.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just beat chapter 5. When do I get more storage probes? I have three linked together with a booster probe next to them, but I have so many mining probes that I max out my miranium every time I get my haul. If I could hold more, I could max out my arms dealers way quicker. I've already put in like 35 hours doing missions and exploring.

Btw, I'm currently a Duelist. What's the deal with Blossom Dance? I've heard people saying it's absurdly good.

Do more story chapters.

Blossom Dance is the cookie cutter build everyone uses because there's an insanely anime, even by this games standards, scene involved in getting it. It's ok, but there are better options.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The good thing about Blossom Dance is that it ignores enemy resistances, so even if your target has high resistance to your sword's element it'll still do a ton of damage.

And also because it's Dunban's move and everyone loves Dunban

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Louisgod posted:

For the Ares You'll probably want to use tickets for some of the items (hearts and masks for sure). Silver Vita cores are less difficult to get, since Vita in time attack goes down quickly with a decent build, but you could ticket that as well. Lenses and control devices come from Seidrs in Caulderos, mostly blasting their faces off, but since you can mostly only reach them in skells you either need a specific build or a lot of luck if you don't want to ticket. Advanced cores are probably the easiest, they come from Xe-Doms fairly commonly, I think also dropping if you destroy the things on their waists.

And if you want to farm Telethia for tickets, make sure to take physichal or gravity weapons, since it can reflect the other elements at random.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Blossom dance is meant for a balls to the wall offensive build, as it can run off a stat that's relatively easy to boost and pierces all elemental defenses, so it always hits for max damage.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Suaimhneas posted:

The good thing about Blossom Dance is that it ignores enemy resistances, so even if your target has high resistance to your sword's element it'll still do a ton of damage.

And also because it's Dunban's move and everyone loves Dunban
do any of the PC voices do his speech when you use it
it's just not the same without BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I made a 60 Zenith Cannon, but it sucks. It doesn't boost physical, so it's damage output is low. I'd need other physical weapons to boosts it's power which seems dumb. I've read that it ignores resistances, but it's overall damage out put is low that if it doesn't one shot, other weapons will outclass it in damage in a prolonged fight. Anyone have any experience with the super weapons?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Safety Scissors posted:

I made a 60 Zenith Cannon, but it sucks. It doesn't boost physical, so it's damage output is low. I'd need other physical weapons to boosts it's power which seems dumb. I've read that it ignores resistances, but it's overall damage out put is low that if it doesn't one shot, other weapons will outclass it in damage in a prolonged fight. Anyone have any experience with the super weapons?

The level 60 Amdusius or however it's spelled comes with phys boost armor, you can put three weapon power XX augs on it and load up on enemy exploits and it will one shot most anything. Do you have any damage boosts? because when I was using it with no phys boosts and only position above and a few enemy exploits it was still killing most things other than like tyrant Milleasaurs.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Safety Scissors posted:

The Zenith Cannon is probably the best superweapon out of all of them by far, because it ignores resistance. You don't need to pump phys damage, just get some Slayer augs and slap some custom weapon damage augments on it and go to town with it (or opening weapon damage augs if you prefer). And it's not like the cooldown for any of the other superweapons are any better either; to get more uses out of any of them, you need to get lucky with cockpit mode, which means going into Overdrive and sustaining it.

But, some other good superweapons are the Beam Cloak and the Zweihander. Generally avoid any of the superweapons that take 4 slots to equip, and the god drat volt flood thing is a pile of garbage that doesn't do anything.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

HalfHazard posted:

and the god drat volt flood thing is a pile of garbage that doesn't do anything.

It needs to be raining, which makes it useless in some zones.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It needs to be raining, which makes it useless in some zones.

Is it a specific type of rain or something? Because I tried it, was appalled by the pitiful damage, then tried it again during a thunderstorm in Primordia and it still did lovely damage. Either way, it's still trash because none of the other superweapons have that sort of restriction. Anyone who wants electric damage should use the Voltaic Tusk or the Volt Cage that drops from the Seidr enemies.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Chapter 10's boss fight is monumentally stupid and the game's targeting system is hot trash.

From last page, but holy poo poo is this true. Especially when the weather changes to loving spores right in the middle of the fight.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

JTDistortion posted:

From last page, but holy poo poo is this true. Especially when the weather changes to loving spores right in the middle of the fight.

oh my god I didn't realize you could get spores in the middle of that fight. That's amazing

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So pretty much from Chapter 10 onwards you are expected to have everybody in Skell right? Because this enemy is complete bullshit when it is just one person flying a level 30 Skell.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

HalfHazard posted:

Is it a specific type of rain or something? Because I tried it, was appalled by the pitiful damage, then tried it again during a thunderstorm in Primordia and it still did lovely damage. Either way, it's still trash because none of the other superweapons have that sort of restriction. Anyone who wants electric damage should use the Voltaic Tusk or the Volt Cage that drops from the Seidr enemies.

All of the superweapons suck unless you make an entire build around using them, at least with my experience with the zenith cannon. Sure is great against non-tyrants, but if you don't spec for it then zenith cannon can't even take down the stupid insect dude in oblivia.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

All of the superweapons suck unless you make an entire build around using them, at least with my experience with the zenith cannon. Sure is great against non-tyrants, but if you don't spec for it then zenith cannon can't even take down the stupid insect dude in oblivia.

Are you talking about the millepod flying around the chasm? He's like a super boss, of course you have to do SOME preparation for him. The Zenith Cannon is one of the simplest to buff up, but no amount of prep work is going to make the Volt Flood good.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

oh my god I didn't realize you could get spores in the middle of that fight. That's amazing

After god knows how long of staring at a UI interface overlayed on purplish static, the spores ended to reveal that the boss can in fact summon more guys! All the summoned things had been slowly whittling me down the whole time, but I had no idea they even existed. By that point it was far too late to salvage the fight.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grinding these Deva Red Ears or whatever is excruciating.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Grinding these Deva Red Ears or whatever is excruciating.

I hope you're not actually trying to grind the time attack fight instead of just getting some tickets to buy them.... :sweatdrop:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm grinding the fight whenever there's no squad tasks or missions to do.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I would go fight Telethia Plume (or Yggralith Zero, preferably) instead, even if your Skell isn't in a state where it can survive long enough or do enough damage to break every appendage. Even if you can only break a couple of his appendages and then just quit out of the fight, you'd still be making faster progress from trading in appendages for tickets than trying to do the time attack fight.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...How do you trade in appendages for tickets?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It's under Global Nemesis Spoils, or something like that?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

After getting the appendage drops from the results screen, go back to the console in the barracks and select "Global Nemesis Battle Spoils". It'll have a list of all the pieces you can trade in. BTW make sure you trade them in BEFORE whichever boss they dropped from runs away or is killed, because then the game auto-trades them in, and in that case they'll only be worth one ticket each instead of like, 40+ tickets for Telethia Plume's stuff or 80+ tickets per each of Yggralith Zero's drops.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Woooow I feel dumb. I thought you could only trade them in at the end of the Nemesis period, automatically.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

lol..... oh well, at least you know now

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
OK. Made a 60 melee mech and swapped the armor on my ranged mech. The cannon is doing a lot better now. I have a spare 60 melee mech now without armor. I might put the ranged heavy armor on it and have it use beam weapons. Not really sure what to do with it.

Holy poo poo some of the upper tier intergalactic mech weapon drops for this game are retarded. It seems that every enemy drops different weapons in this game even if they're just a recolor. What's crazy is a bunch of spare weapons only drop off of the Star Wars Episode 1 robots which are next to the treasure that's needed to complete the segment recon 1 hex north of the cavernous abyss (also 1 hex NE of FN404). There's two of them, and I think that's it. There's three similar looking guys in a cave around Mount Migando in Cauldros, but their drops are totally different. As far as I know, that's the only three of those.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So pretty much from Chapter 10 onwards you are expected to have everybody in Skell right? Because this enemy is complete bullshit when it is just one person flying a level 30 Skell.

You need at least two. I managed it with two Amadusias (or whatever the spelling of the most expensive heavy mech is). There's no way you can beat it with the basic Skell and your other party members outside of Skells will be essentially useless.

And I got spores during it. Another annoying thing is it comes out of nowhere and feels totally irrelevant - cut that out of the story and you lose essentially nothing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand down goes Telethia the Endbringer...Both times, because gently caress taking the lazy way out.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually not sure about the zenith cannon ignoring resists. If you go to delusions summit south and take out the named giant, you'll notice it does less damage to him than the non named giants. When you check the enemy index he has 5 physical resists and the regular ones have zero. Unless tyrants have some innate damage reduction, this leads me to the damage difference is just due to him having higher resists.

Has anyone tried making the ranged fire super weapon with an extend blase augment?

Also I think smooth recovery is bugged and extends your overdrive time by four times as much because it heals four people.

Safety Scissors fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 12, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is the zenith cannon ether based? If it is, you can try it on the Sylooth tyrant that's in Noctilum around where that one Millisaur tyrant is. That guy has ludicrous Ether resistance so that should answer the question once and for all.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Safety Scissors posted:

I'm actually not sure about the zenith cannon ignoring resists. If you go to delusions summit south and take out the named giant, you'll notice it does less damage to him than the non named giants. When you check the enemy index he has 5 physical resists and the regular ones have zero. Unless tyrants have some innate damage reduction, this leads me to the damage difference is just due to him having higher resists.

Has anyone tried making the ranged fire super weapon with an extend blase augment?

Also I think smooth recovery is bugged and extends your overdrive time by four times as much because it heals four people.

Wait, so do enemies not have a regular defense number like party members do? That is really weird.

I have read that it can be fun taking both Thermal superweapons because they do really loving high blaze damage.

Ometeotl posted:

Is the zenith cannon ether based? If it is, you can try it on the Sylooth tyrant that's in Noctilum around where that one Millisaur tyrant is. That guy has ludicrous Ether resistance so that should answer the question once and for all.

Phys based. Also a better target is on an island west of Primordia and south of Noctilum, a Forfex with 100 in every resistance. Hit it with the Zenith, if it takes more than one damage then the Zenith pierces resistances.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

The Sylooths' shells take reduced damage compared to other parts of their bodies. For instance, I killed a Territorial Sylooth in one blow w/ the ZC when I targeted its rear end, but only took off around 4/5ths off another one when I shot its shell first. Also, Anselm is a Tyrant... Tyrants are stronger than normal versions of the same enemy... it stands to reason that his shell would be stronger.

And yeah, I checked out that crab Tyrant and killed him in one shot too. The Zenith Cannon does ignore resistance.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

HalfHazard posted:

The Sylooths' shells take reduced damage compared to other parts of their bodies. For instance, I killed a Territorial Sylooth in one blow w/ the ZC when I targeted its rear end, but only took off around 4/5ths off another one when I shot its shell first. Also, Anselm is a Tyrant... Tyrants are stronger than normal versions of the same enemy... it stands to reason that his shell would be stronger.

And yeah, I checked out that crab Tyrant and killed him in one shot too. The Zenith Cannon does ignore resistance.

That would explain it. Its the same reason why I had trouble with Pharsis the first time: Some parts of some enemies take way less damage. The core/chest of a Yggralith does the same.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

That would explain it. Its the same reason why I had trouble with Pharsis the first time: Some parts of some enemies take way less damage. The core/chest of a Yggralith does the same.

That actually explains a fair bit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

OMG guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2Nm1doZow

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm disappointed it wasn't a kazoo version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Finally beat Tellethia. I still can't get the two shot to work, probably need the absolute optimal equipment for that, but if I can activate cockpit mode between my first Zenith shot and it dropping its invincibility I can beat it. Probably not going to try again for a while though.

• Locked thread