Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Eonwe posted:

My hope is that the goons who end up running the guild don't jerk off about how much better they are than pubbies

If there is a cool non goon that wants to join, they should be allowed

As long as they're active idgaf, but that 80-100 cap sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it does, but just think 2 months from now when goons get bored, if we've let cool people play, then there would still be people playing

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Eonwe posted:

it does, but just think 2 months from now when goons get bored, if we've let cool people play, then there would still be people playing

I'd have to ask that Latvian dude as he obviously knows, but what's to stop us from splitting into multiple guilds who are allied, not that I figure we'll have over 100 for more than the first 2 weeks or minutes...

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

My hope is that the goons who end up running the guild don't jerk off about how much better they are than pubbies

If there is a cool non goon that wants to join, they should be allowed

Are we going to hold primaries for president?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Depending on whether they actually follow through with different guild types as mentioned in that "what they changed before making it a themepark" article, I could see the value in having multiple guilds.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

That would be nice. Allied guilds might not be too feasible based on how node/town sieges have been explained, but I guess we'll find out more soon.

I reserved a dumb name. I shouldn't be allowed to name poo poo when I'm running on fumes.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

RedTonic posted:

That would be nice. Allied guilds might not be too feasible based on how node/town sieges have been explained, but I guess we'll find out more soon.

I reserved a dumb name. I shouldn't be allowed to name poo poo when I'm running on fumes.

You can change it you know.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

I'd have to ask that Latvian dude as he obviously knows, but what's to stop us from splitting into multiple guilds who are allied, not that I figure we'll have over 100 for more than the first 2 weeks or minutes...
Nothing, just make guilds until it's enough for everyone. Top Russian poopsockers did hold two castles that way. Interaction between guilds will work slightly backwards due to the nature of the game, but other than that - who cares. Of the 10 primary castle-contending guilds on Russia, one is 400-strong and three are 300-strong.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

It's okay, Drinkfist will more than make up for it by being better than everyone

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

vrath posted:

You can change it you know.

Oh poo poo, that wasn't available yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RedTonic posted:

Oh poo poo, that wasn't available yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah they did gently caress it up, there were some dev messages somewhere about it.

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Yep, I got 8 or 9, post your email

Could I get one of those if they're going spare? Email is e: got it.

Dweller fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 11, 2016

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
edit: thank you for the code hookup!

fromsinkingsands fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 11, 2016

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
I'll grovel shamelessly for a beta key as well. Email is grumcrackersandsnacks@gmail.com

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Seanzor posted:

This looks like a phishing scam. Specifically, that site's link to the Black Desert site takes you to an mmozone.com page that is made to look like the Black Desert website. Caution.

Keys are gone but always best to use a throwaway email like 10minutemail for stuff like this anyway.

Found info here
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/45a4xb/is_this_a_legit_cbt2_key_site/ 90% upvoted so its prob ok.

Godmode Enabled fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 11, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dweller posted:

Could I get one of those if they're going spare? Email is davidweller45 at gmail.com.

fromsinkingsands posted:

If anyone has a beta key I'd love to try this out. hiddenvg@gmail.com

Hatastrophe posted:

I'll grovel shamelessly for a beta key as well. Email is grumcrackersandsnacks@gmail.com

Sent :^)

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008
Thanks, man.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Thank you! Greatly appreciated!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Just never let goons who want to lead a guild lead a guild

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

kalstrams posted:

With launch just a few weeks away I figured it was about time for the prep for launch posts to go up, so I wanted to throw my two pennies in.

I've posted this on other sites and gathered information over the years to compile some information I seriously think is beneficial to you as a gamer. Enjoy and feel free to add to it! (Both legitimate and silly things alike.) EvrMoar from 2arc Gaming laid the foundation for this, and I've previously posted on MMO-Champ (as Blindhammer.)

Safety in a Gaming Marathon

There are two things that you have to be seriously wary of are Sleep Deprivation and Deep vein thrombosis.

Sleep Deprivation

There is little way to stop Sleep Deprivation, and it his highly recommend to not go to far over 48 hours without sleep. If you are planning on doing 24 hours+ please stay hydrated and well fed. If you can sleep, even if its 15mins after the first 24 hours and have someone wake you up, or set an alarm on vibrate, it will greatly help you stay focused and healthy. I can't stress enough, don't push past 72 hours if you haven't done it before and if you feel like your body isn't in a state to handle it. I will cover how to properly prepare for a marathon, but for now try to stick to under 72 hours. Recently someone suffered brain hemorrhaging in china just for gaming for 72 hours straight.

http://kotaku.com/ma...-mar-1581598210

Your body will try to compensate for loss of sleep, so just like your body needing more sleep after being up for 24hours+ you can also store sleep for when you need it. If possible try to sleep at least 12 hours before a marathon.

Sleeping has a ton of purposes for our body, one of which is relaxing the eyes. To avoid eye strain I highly recommend the 20/20/20 rule. Look at something 20 feet away, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds. This will help ease headaches and will also help protect your eyes.

There is a program called f.lux (https://justgetflux.com/) that simulates wearing gaming specific eye protection and is something I know personally can stop headaches from staring at even an LED monitor too long. (I even used this in the cruiser when I was a patrolman.)

Last but not least don't drive or do something right after marathon without catching up on sleep. Simply put don't be dumb. If you have to work in 5 hours and you just stayed up for 24 hours+ PLEASE have a friend drive you, or take a bus. One of the highest cause of traffic accidents is sleep deprivation. This is logic people, don't endanger others!

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Deep Vein Thrombosis, in a nutshell, is what leads to blood clots that are fatal! So what happens when your sitting for extended periods of time is decreasing blood flow through your body. This can create blood clots, those blood clots can dislodge when you become more active and, unfortunately, often kill. This is often what you hear about in the news that kills gamers that stay up for days on end.

‘If you sit for 90 minutes or more at a desk, the blood flow behind your knees decreases by 50 per cent, significantly increasing the chance of a DVT,’

‘It is vital to take regular breaks every hour or so: get up, walk about, rotate your ankles and stretch out your calf muscles.’

I pulled these facts from a couple articles, please just get up and stretch and walk around when possible. Don't sit in your chair for hours on end without getting up and moving!

You can purchase and use these: http://www.amazon.com/Zensah-Compre...ression+sleeves They cost about $40 and help with blood flow when in a seated position for a long time. ( DO NOT SLEEP IN THESE)

How to Prepare and Keep Going!

Now for the fun part, how to prepare and keep going and keep your body in a good place while you're trying to hit the level cap. This will mostly cover food, and water intake to help you keep your body happy.

RULE 1 DO NOT DRINK ENERGY DRINKS
No don't do it, it does not help you stay up like you think and it is not good for your body when you need to stay up for more than 24 hours.

This next section is a bit on the graphic side, but people in all seriousness, this is something to think about.

Your body needs water, water should be your number one choice. Honestly when you take a piss if it's yellow you need to drink more water. That is the easiest way to gauge it, if it doesn't look like water coming out you're wrong.

How do you know if you’re properly hydrated? Take a look at your urine. Generally speaking, the clearer the urine, the better hydrated you are. If it is a clear-pale lemonade color, you are hydrated. If it is a darker lemonade to apple juice color, you are dehydrated. And if it is dark and cloudy, you are severely dehydrated and should notify medical staff immediately.

Basic hydration know how, please stick to water.

To give you a short idea of why not to drink soda/sugars is because of crashing. Coffee is good to start off, but generally, caffeine doesn't wake you up it stops the flow of chemicals that makes you feel tired. It doesn't magically wake you up, it just stalls you feeling tired. So once you're tired caffeine won't help. Sugar makes you crash, even tho it picks you up for a little bit you will crash. It's less harsh on your body, and will be more effective if you stick to water and avoid sugary food/drinks. You can start with coffee but don't depend on it, and once you start to feel tired just stick to water.

FOOD

This is going to sound like everything you heard growing up but stick to fruits and veggies to replenish nutrients you need, ones that your body will be burning when it goes into overdrive mode. Sticking to these foods will help your body a ton!

To name a few:
- Baby Carrots
- Peanuts/nuts and peanut butter
- Yogurt with/without oats
- Tuna (no mayo, use a dressing or mustard)
- Grilled or baked meats (ie Chicken and Fish, less on the red meats.)

These foods are amazing to help your body when you need to stay up for longer hours.

Don't Risk Your Life For First lvl 50!

Can we add this to the OP atleast until a few days after launch. This is some real important stuff and no one should ignore the parts about sleep deprivation in regards to work and water intake.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dryzen posted:

Just never let goons who want to lead a guild lead a guild

Eonwe should lead the guild.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Do we have plans for multiple guilds to address the cap? Also is there going to be a guild for cbt 2?

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
I missed out on the great key orgy as well. If anyone has a spare I would be grateful! PM or mail at mrmats (at) outlook.com works.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

that sounds awful for me and the people I'd lead

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

2 months after launch we'll be lucky to even get 20 people logging in. It'll be plenty then.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

I sent you a pm but in case you missed it, my email is wikiwikiwa @ gmail dot com.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I sent you a pm but in case you missed it, my email is wikiwikiwa @ gmail dot com.

Yeah I don't have the Platinum Upgrade on SA so I can't check messages

There you go.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

That would be something awful indeed.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Thank you Lewtt!! Glorious OP :gizz:

If anyone snagged an extra key and is in the spirit of giving, bubblegumcrisis89@yahoo.com. It took me a while to think of a 90's moniker fitting of yahoo mail.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

I'd follow you anywhere. :wink:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
follow me by following someone else!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Eonwe posted:

this is why it would work so well

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The best guild leaders are the ones that can tell people to shut the gently caress up. Well, raid leaders anyway.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

The best guild leaders are the ones that can tell people to shut the gently caress up. Well, raid leaders anyway.

drinkfist, grithok, stanley, and lewtt for guild leader

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

drinkfist, grithok, stanley, and lewtt for guild leader

You should be the leader and they should be the fall guys.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I will gladly follow any goon who lets me stab mans and cause anger amongst other guilds against us.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I will gladly follow any goon who lets me stab mans and cause anger amongst other guilds against us.

You need a vocoder.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

If kimsemus is GL he can make pacts and then violate them himself making a perfect carnot cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

I agree on the raid leaders part. IMO, the best guild leaders and people that like pubbies, and can patch up relationships with them, setting up a perfect situation where we can destroy those relationships for a harvest.