Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Everyone in the Irenemobile was banging eachother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In my opinion, which is completely canon, Irene totally has a bunch of plankton as pets and friends. :colbert:

I prefer to think they find Etro in the new world, who insists that she's actually a colony of plankton.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Everyone in the Irenemobile was banging eachother

I'm glad the Irenverse is open to polygamy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

http://comicsalliance.com/bizarre-adventures-battle-tendency/
Claire: Yesss. Yess, give in to the hate! I’m pouring Ripple oil on the flames of your disdain! Buuuurnnnnnn JoJo burn

wtf even is this lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Why are you still linking stuff like that? They want us to click on it and get mad so more people click on it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the column would be much better with the removal of Claire. idk what benefit is gained from asking somebody who admittedly hates the series to "review" it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because it gets Jojo fans mad, and they link it on Twitter saying "Look at this bullshit" and all their friends click it and they get more ad revenue because that's how this poo poo works.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I am sorry Jojo thread I promise I will not post any future comic alliance reviews

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Keep doing it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Yeah

to do more than just empty quote, I finished Part 7 earlier this week and it is probably my favorite Jojo part overall. Johnny is great and my 2nd favorite Jojo, the story is cool and fast-paced and had more closure than Part 4 (and a way less frustrating ending than part 6), it has the 2nd coolest lady in jojos (also the 5th, even if that doesn't seem all that impressive), I really liked Diego and Valentine was weird and a good villain. The only complaint that I have is that a few of the deaths were really anticlimactic and sudden, to the point that I didn't even remember that one of them was shown on screen. Not naming names since Alcharagia has just been posting about finishing part 6

It breaks my heart because I love Joseph Joestar's antics in Battle Tendancy but I have to agree. Steel Ball Run absolutely knocks it out of the park in turns of characterisation and thematics and delivers from start to finish (outside of a couple of unfortunate deaths) in a way no other part of the series has. If I were to point to one JoJo arc and say this is flippin' literature it would definitely be SBR

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not to mention, Araki seemed to start keeping sticky notes around so the plot was generally consistent from start to finish.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Not to mention, Araki seemed to start keeping sticky notes around so the plot was generally consistent from start to finish.

When you go monthly, all of a sudden, you have a LOT more time to plan ahead.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

If I were to point to one JoJo arc and say this is flippin' literature it would definitely be SBR
I 100% agree but also I re-read the ending of Part 4 starting from Bites the Dust while really high recently and thought it was some of the most amazing media ever made. JoJo is good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Stop signs are public property and the owner of the knives was in the store and did not object. Dio said that he would not harm the baby and cannot be held accountable for the actions of others. Also The World is very cute so he can get away with things uggos cannot.

That's all!!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Moltrey posted:

I 100% agree but also I re-read the ending of Part 4 starting from Bites the Dust while really high recently and thought it was some of the most amazing media ever made. JoJo is good.

Bites the Dust is legitimately one of the best fights in all of JoJo, if not the best one. SBR is great and I love it to bits, but Bites the Dust is one of the best things I've ever read.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Moltrey posted:

I really need to reread Part 4. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I didn't get any kind of grand statement out of it in the same way I did with some of the other parts. The end sequence is really good though, that is true

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I feel like if you're experiencing Jojo in any other state of mind, you are missing out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kira is still one of the best villains the series has to offer. valentine is probably a close second.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I am sorry Jojo thread I promise I will not post any future comic alliance reviews

keep posting them because i won't know they exist otherwise

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

caesar is dead

Dammit I meant just uncle. That overly complicated family...

Of course Caesar is dead.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/697974756352495616?s=09

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am incredibly pissed, holy poo poo I want this gently caress gently caress

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

*squeaky nerd voice* yes but can I get them with a prescription

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Part of me wants this but they probably look doofy as poo poo IRL

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Part of me wants this but they probably look doofy as poo poo IRL

THEY LOOK DOOFY ON KAKYOIN

they have his loving signature on the temple jesus christ these nerdshades

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

I must have these

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Holy poo poo,

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

they look neat but

eh

I kinda wish they were more accurate, the lenses kinda throw me off. Tho not like I'm ever gonna buy it given it is $125 and there's no way anybody could wear them without looking like an rear end in a top hat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's Jojo merch for ya
it's always seemed odd to me that the figures and statues are relatively cheap when it comes to that stuff

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm waiting for the authentic Joseph fedora, then I'll combine it with the Kakyoin Shades and Polnareff earrings to guarantee that any risk of ever having sex again is truly gone.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I'm waiting for the authentic Joseph fedora, then I'll combine it with the Kakyoin Shades and Polnareff earrings to guarantee that any risk of ever having sex again* is truly gone.

*with a woman

this is jojos we're talking about.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I'm waiting for the authentic Joseph fedora, then I'll combine it with the Kakyoin Shades and Polnareff earrings to guarantee that any risk of ever having sex again is truly gone.

Actually I'm pretty sure wearing the Polnareff earrings and the Kakyoin sunglasses at the same time it's like putting on the stone mask with the Red Stone of Aja.

I would wear the Polnareff earrings.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hello

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To be honest I'd love for some battle tendency scarves.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lisa Lisa's Ripple-Infused Olive Oil

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Someone cool knitted me a scarf like this one.

It is the warmest thing EVER.
(hello mini gold experience)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

gently caress yeah