Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"I LOVE WEATHER" - people who don't work outside.

I would loving kill myself if I lived anywhere but a temperate climate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Yup. I am glad that the worst weather I could possibly encounter is rain

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

most outside work shuts down during the winter here in illinois.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

most outside work shuts down during the winter here in illinois.

Good luck having people not being goddamn morons and crashing their cars in the winter (my job is to go to your house and write estimates for repairs).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

Good luck having people not being goddamn morons and crashing their cars in the winter (my job is to go to your house and write estimates for repairs).

well that's universal. even when i lived in alaska, after the first snow, everyone drove like they'd never seen the poo poo before.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
El Nino means Pittsburgh hasn't really had a winter this year. It's snowed once, and it gets cold for a fews days at a stretch in between bouts of 40-50 degrees.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

El Nino means Pittsburgh hasn't really had a winter this year. It's snowed once, and it gets cold for a fews days at a stretch in between bouts of 40-50 degrees.

Heh, that's basically what El Nino turned LA into except swap the snow for like 7 days of rain total, spread out over like 3 weekends

it's horrifying

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Keyser S0ze posted:

The parkas and knit hats come out up here in Sactown below 68 degrees I poo poo you not - granted most of these morons like 100+ degrees too.

gently caress seasons I like being able to wear t-shirts outside 90% of the time in Sacramento

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Volkerball posted:

well that's universal. even when i lived in alaska, after the first snow, everyone drove like they'd never seen the poo poo before.

What I'm saying is that's not really an industry you can shut down in the winter.

Also I realized at one point at UC Santa Barbara I had worn flip flops every day for fifteen months.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

What I'm saying is that's not really an industry you can shut down in the winter.

Also I realized at one point at UC Santa Barbara I had worn flip flops every day for fifteen months.

oh yeah, i missed that end bit. i did landscaping and construction in the midwest, and that shuts down.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I lived in the PNW for all of six months before I got sick of perpetual drizzle and gray skies.

San Diego is the best city in the country

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Spoeank posted:

I spend a fair amount of time working in the field and it's a lot more enjoyable to be out in the rain or snow once you learn to deal with it. Also, a lot of the crews that we contract to prefer working in the cold or in the rain because it's easier to get poo poo done with a second layer on than have to sweat with the minimum PPE required. Take from that what you will.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
How accurate are the articles claiming that the Raiders will stay in Oakland for another year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Donkwich posted:

How accurate are the articles claiming that the Raiders will stay in Oakland for another year?

Probably close to 100%.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zurreco determined to freeze to death on the cross that garbage weather is better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWC3WtwoNE

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

this summer was loving awful for this especially because summer lasted through like, october

e: in la

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
All places are bad

We all die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

All places are bad

We all die

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kiimo posted:

Everyone does, it can't be helped. I grew up in almost the same climate as you. My friend is from North loving Dakota. It only takes about three or four months to turn into a weather pussy.

It's truly horrifying how fast it happens.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know I keep saying it, but everyone here should just move to Glasgow :scotland:

Live for pennies on the dollar, amazing public transport, and ludicrously cheap Scotch!

If they'd let me, I'd consider it, but the food...

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/697923470278205444

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
An inside look on how everything went down.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No surprise.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Guess San Antonio will have to wait another year :v:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Guess San Antonio will have to wait another year :v:

If they move there, they'd be going to Texas while I (probably) head to California. :sigh:

If they're at Inglewood though, that'd be cool.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I stumbled upon this fun bit of history from when the Rams were looking to leave LA, back in 94:

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-09-03/sports/sp-34347_1_foregone-conclusion

quote:

One year from this very day--Sept. 3, 1995--the NFL will open the regular season with the Baltimore Rams playing to a full house in Camden Yards.

Fact or fiction?

According to John Shaw, Ram president, not even he knows where the team will be a year from now.

"Do I believe the Rams are going to move?" Shaw said, repeating a question. "It's absolutely not a foregone conclusion, but it's a distinct possibility."

By the end of the month, Shaw will have met again in Los Angeles with Peter Angelos, majority owner of the Baltimore Orioles and the leader in the clubhouse in the battle over the Rams.

Hartford, Conn., has submitted a serious proposal to the Rams, St. Louis is building a stadium and Anaheim refuses to surrender.

A financial analyst has been hired to tour the interested cities and verify promises and projections that have been submitted to the Rams. The paper work is piling up, the clock is running and team owner Georgia Frontiere is waiting for Shaw's recommendation.

A deal is all but in place with Angelos, who is acting on behalf of Baltimore, and it could be completed quickly, but Shaw said the team will wait to further explore Hartford and St. Louis, while also listening to Anaheim.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I'm happy that I'll be able to watch bad football that isn't the Rams next season

I'm sad that I'll have to watch bad football that is the Rams next season

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

zen death robot posted:

I'm happy that I'll be able to watch bad football that isn't the Rams next season

Well, lucky for you that the LA team is going to get 90% of the primetime games now.

NFC East and Rams all the time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA sports talk radio is so hilariously out of its element on football. They keep talking about bringing Peyton in for a year or two and bringing on people who understand football and they keep asking why on Earth would that benefit anybody. It's sad and funny.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

kiimo posted:

LA sports talk radio is so hilariously out of its element on football. They keep talking about bringing Peyton in for a year or two and bringing on people who understand football and they keep asking why on Earth would that benefit anybody. It's sad and funny.

These are the same radio hosts who are convinced that the Lakers are still an attractive destination for free agents

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

These are the same radio hosts who are convinced that the Lakers are still an attractive destination for free agents

No but seriously, if you go to a small market you'll never get endorsements because this is still the 1970s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

No but seriously, if you go to a small market you'll never get endorsements because this is still the 1970s

That's why Kevin Durant is coming to the lakers yall

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How will agents reach their clients? Telegraph?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, c'mon LeBron, who even knows where Cleveland is.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

I can all but guarantee you that Peyton playing for the Rams in 2016 would be a whole lot worse than Favre's final season in Minnesota.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

That's why Kevin Durant is coming to the lakers yall

You misspelled Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

You misspelled Warriors

lol

• Locked thread