Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I love that for all of the pubbie OVERSHILL bitching, no one mentiones that Almir is literally giving away masks on /r/paydaytheheist

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/458dit/what_mask_do_you_want/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Deviant posted:

I love that for all of the pubbie OVERSHILL bitching, no one mentiones that Almir is literally giving away masks on /r/paydaytheheist

I've met Almir at Comic-Con, and he's super chill. I'm not at all shocked he'd be trawling random "Gimme mask" threads and brightening days.

Anyway, I pre-emptively updated my Payday Campaign Document for those of you who give a poo poo about these games having a modicum of a cohesive narrative.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

UnknownMercenary posted:

Cop AI is less aggressive the shittier the host's computer is so that was probably why.

Wait, really?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Looks like the update dropped for the game, don't see any store/page updates yet though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wintermutant posted:

Wait, really?

Yes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
No wonder Zoidberg always wants me to host DW runs...

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Based on what?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't have any real source but anecdotal evidence like this reddit thread as an example but it's really obvious.

When I host the cops are fairly aggressive, when one of my friends with a lovely computer hosted the cops were much less aggressive. You'll notice too if you pub a lot, sometimes cops barely react and just stand still and don't shoot - that host has a really lovely computer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The website's been updated.

Achievements largely as expected. Fire effects on turrets might be fixed.

Counterfeit
Under Pressure - Complete the Counterfeit job on the Death Wish Difficulty
Dr Evil - Print and secure $1,000,000 worth of counterfeit money in the Helicopter on the Counterfeit job
Cutting the Red Wire - Disarm the C4 on the Counterfeit job on the OVERKILL difficulty or above
Basement Dwellers - Don't let the cops enter the printing room on the Counterfeit job on OVERKILL difficulty or above
Crowd Control - On the Counterfeit job, have all civilians as hostages until the safe is opened
Undercover
In for a dime, in for a dollar - Complete the Undercover job on the Death Wish difficulty
Keep Clear of the Windows - Complete the Undercover job without killing any Snipers
The Saviour - On the Undercover job, place 10 planks on windows, vents or fences
Not Even Once - Complete the Undercover job on OVERKILL difficulty or above without anyone in your crew getting downed or cuffed
Blow-Out - Complete the Undercover job on OVERKILL difficulty or above, using only a grenade launcher or rocket launcher

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 11, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was half-expecting Counterfeit to have a stealth path.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Geight posted:

I was half-expecting Counterfeit to have a stealth path.

That would require us to be able to answer the phone. :downs:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Also Offshore Payday is permanent :confuoot:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Geight posted:

Also Offshore Payday is permanent :confuoot:

Good for newer players without goonmod.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't have any real source but anecdotal evidence like this reddit thread as an example but it's really obvious.

When I host the cops are fairly aggressive, when one of my friends with a lovely computer hosted the cops were much less aggressive. You'll notice too if you pub a lot, sometimes cops barely react and just stand still and don't shoot - that host has a really lovely computer.

That's what my group gets for always making me host since I've got the best PC out of the bunch. Definitely going to make the guy with the potato PC host tonight to see what happens.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dr Evil - Print and secure $1,000,000 worth of counterfeit money in the Helicopter on the Counterfeit job

Print money?! :D

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

They're back :3:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hmmm..I bought the Wolf Pack for PD1 on my brother's Steam back when we shared a compy, and even though it's in the shared library, it's not counting as me specifically owning the pack. I mean, Overkill's understood before with this kind of stuff before, and I appreciate them greatly for it

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Taxman, this isn't what Undercover means.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Deviant posted:

Print money?! :D

Yeah its pretty cool! Now you have the option of sticking the plates into the printing machine, finding paper and ink, and just sit there printing money.

Also the AI being determined by the CPU speed makes sense. Quite a few times I've played with people running DW matches and it was hilariously easy. Easier then OVK.

And then I'll host a DW match and watch everyone get stomped.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Deviant posted:

The sheer amount of effort to not like Overkill is amazing. Even the new Wolf DLC, which is great and includes 2 remastered heists, is still somehow an act of naked greed of no value.

I dunno.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
goon mod goes bust when you try to look at the boosts in the inventory, temporary rip

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Counterfeit has the single small flaw of requiring you to restart the printer every single time the power goes out or when you restock it, but is otherwise solid and feels a great deal more challenging thanks to Cook Off-esque cop aggression, a (possible?) turret spawn, and trickier sniper spawns.

Undercover feels substantially easier now, thanks to the snipers being dialed back to sane levels, but still keeps the action pretty intense. Maybe we just got lucky with the hack being interrupted only once or twice, but I'm cool with it being high intensity, low time investment.

For folks achievement hunting: $1 mil = 9 bags of money. Also, the sky cage is a straightforward drop-off, no need to hoard bags or defend it. And The Saviour is teamwide, not a personal challenge.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 11, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

A major change on Undercover, in addition to massively reduced sniper spawns, is that police have to actually path to powerboxes to shut them down, which would happen on its own in PD1. Also, no escape timer on either map.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Both heists seem pretty short and sweet, which I actually kind of appreciate compared to all the half-hour minimum ones there are now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Seems like Goonmod crashes to desktop when you're trying to modify the new grenade launcher.

Other than that, the China Puff is a hilariously good gun with a really bad name. It has the exact same ammo pickup as all the other grenade launchers.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Goonmod has inventory problems all over the place. Try to make a new mask and it crashes, same with the China Lake (except incendiary ammo seems to not crash it)

On a thoroughly related note, once upon a time I had some standalone BLT mod which was basically just the goonmod aim normalization cut out of the rest of Goonmod. Does anyone have that? I could really go for some aim normalizing while I wait for wilko to work his magic.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
From futzing with enabling and disabling Goonmod stuff, it seems pretty definitively tied to the inventory extension stuff. Gage coins in particular.

EDIT: Actually, no, it's Goonmod as a whole.

Aqua_D fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 12, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

On a thoroughly related note, once upon a time I had some standalone BLT mod which was basically just the goonmod aim normalization cut out of the rest of Goonmod. Does anyone have that? I could really go for some aim normalizing while I wait for wilko to work his magic.

I haven't actually tried it yet but I found this while poking around the LastBullet website, maybe that'll work.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
just turn off goon mod for the time being is the take away here

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Afraid of Audio posted:

just turn off goon mod for the time being is the take away here

Yeah. Or at least turn it off to do all your inventory stuff and then only enable it to play, but I haven't heard whether or not it'll crash you in heists. Pocohud seems fine.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

Goonmod has inventory problems all over the place. Try to make a new mask and it crashes, same with the China Lake (except incendiary ammo seems to not crash it)

I made this and posted it in the old thread if that helps? If not I'll probably be able to get it to you in a couple hours once I get home from work.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

New leaks ahoy! Asset names were loaded in for two new maps, internally labeled "MAD" and "DARK".

MAD has references to snow, ice, a forest, and an underground lab. I actually suspect it may be using assets that we've been associating with safehouse customization.

DARK has references to a bridge, a water access door, train components, and a ton of different objects involving parts of a bomb. Also, tripmines, thermal paste, a blowtorch and keycard...several with "murky" prefixes, either because it's a Locke job or because it's reusing assets from Beneath the Mountain.

PSA: Saviour is shared among all players this time. Generally, these achievements are much easier this time around.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Insert name here posted:

I made this and posted it in the old thread if that helps? If not I'll probably be able to get it to you in a couple hours once I get home from work.

I looked through your post history in the previous thread and found it:

[quote="Instert name here" post="445204909"]
I took a crack at it; I think it works but someone tell me if I hosed it up:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q...Sensitivity.zip
Just drop it into your mods folder like any other BLT mod.
[/url]

FYI it worked great for me last time Goonmod broke, kudos on that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Insert name here posted:

you're my second favorite Payday 2 modder :hfive:

e: 392/392

bugged hostage notwithstanding, that wasn't too bad

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 12, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Cop AI is less aggressive the shittier the host's computer is so that was probably why.

Oh poo poo. Guess I won't be hosting anymore then. When I finally get good and stable internet my computer is too bad to host. :sigh:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bodhi's sound seems to be bugged so that the China Lake doesn't make a firing noise. That's a shame.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So there's this civvy that knows how to escape any heist.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

So there's this civvy that knows how to escape any heist.

and it's some real bullshit! :mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Alright, since there is a new pack coming out soon, and since I'm tired of the current thread title, someone give me a new title.

If you make some drill/vault pun, I'll call you an idiot.

oh I forgot. Here's my real title suggestion. Payday 2: This is a COLOSSAL Goatfuck Simulator!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
So, uh, PSA: Counterfeit seems like it might have some interesting bugs. Namely that you can restart the printing machine after taking the plates out. And that takes the escape away until the machine is done. At which point the escape is in the machine. Shockingly, you cannot use the printing machine to escape.