Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HBomb posted:

Is this better?

No, none of that makes sense! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

No, none of that makes sense! :v:

The car opens up after being cut in half in the most awkward way possible. I guess it was done with psychokinesis?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

nerdz posted:

The car opens up after being cut in half in the most awkward way possible. I guess it was done with the psychokinesis?

That bothered me the most too, it's a really sudden jerk when the car parts split ways, it's super jarring and awkward.

I mean there's a lot else there, but yeah, that's bad. I get it, they wanted her to cut a car in half, that'd cool, but the execution is just so bad.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

HBomb posted:

Is this better?

If I was still 12 that would've been awesome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Car axles are an anomaly of physics. While they are made of normal iron and steel, once manufactured, they emit strange magnetic properties.
Once the car is cut in two, the magnetic repulsion is free to act and the discrete pieces are free to fly away.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That costume's looked like dumb garbage from its inception in the comics, it's not really salvageable either way.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

eminkey2003 posted:

Les ananas ne parlent pas l'Anglais!

My high school French is a little rusty.

Dunkey :3:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

That bothered me the most too, it's a really sudden jerk when the car parts split ways, it's super jarring and awkward.

I mean there's a lot else there, but yeah, that's bad. I get it, they wanted her to cut a car in half, that'd cool, but the execution is just so bad.

I like how no thought was put into how she would be moving before you could actually see her. If you can't see it, it doesn't exist, right?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Woebin posted:

That costume's looked like dumb garbage from its inception in the comics, it's not really salvageable either way.
What's amazing is that in a film series where they've never even tried preserving the stupid costumes from the comics, to the point of making fun of Wolverine's yellow spandex in the first film, that's the first outfit they choose to go 100% screen accurate with.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Phanatic posted:

Actually turning off. That's a TRIGA, if you pull the control rod it heats up, the core expands, and rapidly reaches a configuration where fission can't occur. But while it does that you get a little power spike that you see there in the form of Cerenkov radiation.

Trigas rely on the highly negative temperature coefficient. Doppler broadening brakes the reaction. No expansion necessary.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Strange Matter posted:

What's amazing is that in a film series where they've never even tried preserving the stupid costumes from the comics, to the point of making fun of Wolverine's yellow spandex in the first film, that's the first outfit they choose to go 100% screen accurate with.

She said in an interview it got redesigned a few times due to the latex being so flimsy random parts of it, like the crotch, would just snap like a rubber band.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
", quoth the goon with the mechababe avatar from memory.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

HBomb posted:

Is this better?

No, that still look terrible, but unfinished trailer CGI still.

Ugh great now I'm defending a Fox Xmans movie. I'm sorry.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Trast posted:

She said in an interview it got redesigned a few times due to the latex being so flimsy random parts of it, like the crotch, would just snap like a rubber band.

This would probably be to the benefit of the movie

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

your rules do not apply here

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

I prefer soft-boiled.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

HBomb posted:

Is this better?

I think that looks cool. :gbsmith:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dumb. posted:

You are dumb.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

dumb. posted:

You obviously haven't over-analysed that half second of a movie enough yet.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

HBomb posted:

Is this better?

This stunt looks dangerous.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fuckin neeeeeeerds getting pissy about shiiiiiiiiiit

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

nerdz posted:

The car opens up after being cut in half in the most awkward way possible. I guess it was done with the focused totality of her telepathic powers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Must explain her hair, too.

Tomb Raider's TressFX had better hair physics.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/dwOkJy9.gifv

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Karate Bastard posted:

Commander Shepard's a mechababe now?

Also Psylocke looks cool and the XMen movies (disregarding Last Stand) are good.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Okay, Batman doing Chokeslams and clotheslines is pretty cool looking.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

http://i.imgur.com/qqtd2eP.gifv

That might be the first time where Batman has looked legitimately intimidating.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

New Rocksteady Studios game is looking good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bad Munki posted:

Mine was that apparently she's cutting it in half while upside down and facing away from it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Karate Bastard posted:

My brain is sadly full of odd trivia and quotes like that but it was a fairly recent interview. It was most of the cast from the movie on one of the late shows telling stories about the worst parts of filming the movie.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

HBomb posted:

She's playing Psylocke in the new X-Men movie.

Reminds me of:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/JqyazR6.webm

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

It took me a minute.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

This GIF is actually slowed down a bit (compared to the trailer) and it still looks bad rear end. I think it's great they are making Batman look actually terrifying. (Batman also does a great exaggerated Rock Bottom)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

Reminds me of:

Let's get STICKY!

holttho
May 21, 2007

Just as long as Batman upholds his moral code and doesn't kill anybody, then it'll be good. Now, if they happen to die once he leaves slowly and painfully of horrific internal injuries sustained while fighting him, that's their own drat fault.

I remember the quality fights.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

vandelay industries posted:

This GIF is actually slowed down a bit (compared to the trailer) and it still looks bad rear end. I think it's great they are making Batman look actually terrifying. (Batman also does a great exaggerated Rock Bottom)

Yeah, that version has a 5 ms frame delay. Here it is with a 4 ms delay:

http://i.imgur.com/HJtwCuG.gifv

The source is 24 fps, which doesn't precisely map to an integer frame delay. I feel like the faster version looks a little sped up, and since the general point of these things is to focus on the cinematography and fight choreography, slowing things down a bit seems like the better choice.

http://i.imgur.com/PsZ2cfz.gifv

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
mmmfffff yes more shaky cam and half second camera cuts yeah that's a great way to watch an action scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

mmmfffff yes more shaky cam and half second camera cuts yeah that's a great way to watch an action scene

This, but unironically.

http://i.imgur.com/U7MfJps.gifv