Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Darkest Dungeon - Survival Horror RPG Dungeoncrawl - Miron So Fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate Miron be considered a virtue.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
miron got 200% intrinsic move resist

e. miron thought he heard people saying something about a "tree branch snackdown" and was first in line to volunteer for the next weald mission

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 11, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Radiochromatic posted:

I've been running with a 50 roster sized stagecoach for a while now. Whenever it updates, the characters remain, you just can't recruit any more for obvious reasons. It's surprisingly accommodating, considering how other games often handle such limits.

In some ways the game is surprisingly robust. One time when I was modding skills I accidentally made a typo in the name of one, and the game dutifully inserted an 8th skill with the buggy name on a row below the normal skill selection.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
As long as the code itself is formatted properly the game just accepts it, I've noticed. One time I put an extra , where one didn't belong and the game crashed, but only when I navigated to a Crusader (it was an error with the Crusader's weapon entry). Had I not done so the game seems like it would've chugged merrily along.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just don't try to replace every quest with boss quests like I did. The game won't make it past the save selection menu.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Miron so fat, he startles the shambler.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Miron so fat it takes two collectors to pick up his head.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so fat he anchors the Crew

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Marketing New Brain posted:

*Tips goblet to you*

Not while you're in the front row you don't!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm really surprised Knife in the Dark doesn't move the goblet skelly backwards.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my favorite Stress effect of this game is still the irl meltdown of the Celerity guy who kept modding the game for about a year, put like 1k hours into early access, decided Red Hook hosed up the game he loved so much, and now spams huge broken-brained novels across Steam about why the game is worse than the holocaust.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Is it easy to modify which free provisions each class brings along?

And/or possible to give existing camping skills an effect similar to Grave Robber's Pilfer ability?

.. I think provisions are dumb as they are now. The only decision I'm ever really faced with is whether or not to hock another trinket for a few more torches/food/shovels/key.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
e;fb

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Miron so fat he bet everybody back at the Hamlet he could eat an entire Brigand 16 Pounder and didn't walk back on it when he found out it wasn't a steak.

MinibarMatchman posted:

my favorite Stress effect of this game is still the irl meltdown of the Celerity guy who kept modding the game for about a year, put like 1k hours into early access, decided Red Hook hosed up the game he loved so much, and now spams huge broken-brained novels across Steam about why the game is worse than the holocaust.
OK I gotta know more about this.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 12, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nakar posted:

Miron so fat he bet everybody back at the Hamlet he could eat an entire Brigand 16 Pounder and didn't walk back on it when he found out it wasn't a steak.

OK I gotta know more about this.

basically he made this mod, and then at some point it drove him crazy to the point where I think even Jim Sterling had to tell him to get out of his ask.fm for being a weirdo
https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/4/618453594742695196/

just google his username and Darkest Dungeon and you'll probably get a zillion results across a tremendous degree of websites, it's amazing

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Why has no one mentioned that this winner's full handle is "Celerity, Executor of Impunity"? This is loving need-to-know information right there.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Why has no one mentioned that this winner's full handle is "Celerity, Executor of Impunity"? This is loving need-to-know information right there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Apparently he posted so often that even the devs banned him from most discussions lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/43rlj4/this_review/

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Is there something I can edit to reset my entire roster's stress to zero? I am out of money and can't go on an expedition since everyone is crazy. My only choice is cheating or firing everyone that I have spent dozens of hours building up which is just a stupid choice to have to make.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Node posted:

Is there something I can edit to reset my entire roster's stress to zero? I am out of money and can't go on an expedition since everyone is crazy. My only choice is cheating or firing everyone that I have spent dozens of hours building up which is just a stupid choice to have to make.

Hire some level 0 idiots and suicide/replace them until you have funds to fix up your crew. If your roster is full of crazies with no slots then just wow that's pretty impressive!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

MinibarMatchman posted:

Apparently he posted so often that even the devs banned him from most discussions lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/43rlj4/this_review/

Hot drat someone needs to get a reality check

there is literally no reason to get this mad over a $20 indie game on steam, Jesus

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dont try to apply logic where gamers are present

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Someone mod the sound files to play clips from this whenever the madman attacks.

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
you guys are mean :saddowns:

i get hungry when i'm stressed!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
ill take pages of bad fat jokes if we can get that as a result

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

abardam posted:

That's amazing :vince:

Miron so fat he sprinkle parsley on the warren food troughs instead of medicinal herbs

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

abardam posted:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

abardam posted:

Miron so fat he can attack from the 4th slot.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Why is Stress Eater a thing but there's no Hungry affliction where the afflicted character occasionally passes a turn to cram food in his face or attempt to eat Deeds?

EDIT: Miron so fat when he uses Purge he still gets to take a turn.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 12, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Miron so fat when you tell him to Chop he starts preparing food.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

This game is so god drat easy. Hnnnnn, oh god champion level soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcuisujU_o

abardam posted:

I told him to hew, but he heard chew. I lost two food from my inventory immediately.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
I love how bad you are, and how well you name your characters. We need more Grumblebus!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I take it Drinking is the "Oops, I lost my trinket" stress reliever. Since it is the cheapest tavern option.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My inability to come up with a good Miron joke has been eating away at me all day.

Lyrax
Aug 17, 2008

Favorite Food: Milksteak
Hobby: Magnets
Dislikes: People's knees

abardam posted:

Meat must fall... off the bone.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Crasical posted:

Also I can't decide if that's two identical Lepers named Miron or just one really fat leper that took up two seats on the coach.

Everyone posted:

MIRON

Well thanks for settling that dilemma for me I guess.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Curious are fat Miron's no-no parts, their inadequacy unwitnessed by his own eyes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Miron so fat he broke his sword after dipping it in gravy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Deckit posted:

This game is so god drat easy. Hnnnnn, oh god champion level soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcuisujU_o

I told him to hew, but he heard chew. I lost two food from my inventory immediately.

"Oh hey I'm coming to a room with injuries and food remaining and it's the last room. Rather than top up lets run in!"

"Oh hey my Plague Doctor is on deaths door with blight, lets not heal that."

You drive me nuts Deck.