Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

You're right that we are more pussy than possy. Instead of being overrun by dangerous animals, we use biological warfare on rabbits and chemicals and lead on everything else in the name of our flightless birds. Your flightless birds didn't need protecting.

Oh yeah our flightless birds are huge vicious bastards for the most part. They would curbstomp a possum before she could finish sharing her gingernut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

Uh, am I missing something or does he not have any sights up on his rifle?

Look right behind the top rail. AK rear sights are pretty far forward on the receiver.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Bagpipes at 1:52 for anyone who missed that particular piece of magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4&t=6719s

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 12, 2016

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. fry looks like an older asian woman. and fatmans head is square.

He's half Japanese. Fatman looks exactly how I imagined he would.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

-Zydeco- posted:

Bagpipes at 1:52 for anyone who missed that particular piece of magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4&t=6719s

Too bad they weren't a little bit more self conscious, "I fought the law" or "gently caress the Police" would've been glorious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, reading the stuff I missed while I was working was intense. Like reading the Red Wedding for the first time level intense. Glad Fry had enough sanity to stand down and not end it either with a single shot or go out firing wildly.

The worst thing is every right wing keyboard warrior is going to attack themselves to this to try to prove their points about government over reach and obama = hitler and all kinds of dumb poo poo that is the reason we have people who are so divorced from reality that they are the willing to die for the idea that they can do whatever they want because of the Constitution. Lucky none of them did.

Recordings and transcripts of the streams should be heard and seen by everyone, because it really shows what a bunch of selfish children they are. Their argument boiled down to "I want to be able to do anything I want and if you tell me no, you're infringing on my rights!".

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Recordings and transcripts of the streams should be heard and seen by everyone, because it really shows what a bunch of selfish children they are. Their argument boiled down to "I want to be able to do anything I want and if you tell me no, you're infringing on my rights!".

Also UFOs

That really came out of nowhere, but I guess we should have seen it coming.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Jeff Banta is the quiet one, probably an fbi plant

I was honestly expecting Scruffy with how much the guy didn't talk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Also UFOs

That really came out of nowhere, but I guess we should have seen it coming.

Yea, Fry really came across as a r/atheism libertarian guy. Likes his weed, hates the government, poors, minorities, women and belies in all kind of crazy poo poo.

My favorite thing is when they started ranting about common core.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

oohhboy posted:

You feed and rescue your Possums? We too busy shooting them as pests.

Afghanistan: A place that has known only war, a place you invaded, where some people consider themselves already dead for the fight.

Assad is so monstrous, large chunks of his own army turned on him, fighting in an area that has seen decades of fighting sharpening their skills against the US Army and the Israelis full of surplus arms of all calibre fighting an army that has resorted to dropping barrel bombs and chlorine gas that is only fighting at this point because if they don't, they die.

Libya fell when the army straight up didn't fight for Gaddafi after all the BS he put everyone through, plus western air strikes destroyed any remaining resolve.

Ukraine: Putin happened. They also had a near bloodless revolution before with people protesting armed with nothing more than rocks driving out the pro-Russian sock puppet. Guns would have gotten everybody killed.

If your President Obama declared himself dictator, he wouldn't fall because you are packing an Tacticlool AR-15 with combat LARP, it would be from nobody listening to him and then promptly arresting him for treason. The US isn't remotely in danger of becoming a dictatorship no matter how many times you watch Escape from New York. Canada is more likely to invade and the population would welcome them for bring healthcare. You have a lot of things that are hosed up. Dictatorships isn't one of them.
Afghanistan a place where they build small arms in caves. Because small arms are useless in overthrowing a modern army?

You forgot that half of Syria's border has dissolved in chaos because people with small arms made it too expensive for the modern US army to remain.

Libya was a bad example, I admit. But I could find a half dozen replacements.

Putin: an unpredictable, wild caricature and yet, also the modern political reality. Tell me, why do you think I, or people like me, will not need AR-15s? Can you see that far into the future? What does your crystal ball reveal that gives you this certainty? I bet the Tatars of Crimea wish they had AR-15s.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Shut up about guns goddamn

I still cannot believe that Fry survived. He wanted to die so much

Agent mark is my waifu

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

theflyingorc posted:

Agent mark is my waifu

https://twitter.com/edmeyer_able/status/697876256965132288

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I'll fight for him, this person is my enemy now

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

theflyingorc posted:

I'll fight for him, this person is my enemy now
Can you beat this many love rivals?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/AgentMark

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Discendo Vox posted:

Can you beat this many love rivals?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/AgentMark

I really like 5 month break between someone randomly using #AgentMark and when the poo poo hit the fan yesterday.

I hear Agent Mark ate his usual on-the-job breakfast of Ham steak and eggs and morning scotch on the rocks before he picked up the bullhorn today.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Fry really came across as a r/atheism libertarian guy. Likes his weed, hates the government, poors, minorities, women and belies in all kind of crazy poo poo.

My favorite thing is when they started ranting about common core.
He thinks Reddit are pedophiles.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

meristem posted:

He's not wrong.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

meristem posted:

Broken clock, etc.

Also, nthing that Mark is the hero of this and is an awesome person. The trolling last night was hilarious but him talking down Fry is amazing, I hope he gets a promotion or some sort of recognition for his work on this because, wow.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Again with the loving shofars. What the hell is up with that?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

NathanScottPhillips posted:

Afghanistan a place where they build small arms in caves. Because small arms are useless in overthrowing a modern army?

You forgot that half of Syria's border has dissolved in chaos because people with small arms made it too expensive for the modern US army to remain.

More than half of US casualties was caused by IEDs. There's a reason they favored remotely detonated bombs over assaults with small arms.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

The last four members of the armed standoff in Oregon have reportedly said they left booby traps at the wildlife refuge before surrendering, but refuse to detail the locations or say if there were trip wires or other devices that could trigger them.
“They spoke to us about booby traps. We don’t know how sophisticated or what kind,” an unnamed law enforcement official told Reuters.

https://www.rt.com/usa/332224-oregon-standoff-booby-traps/
But they were just camping guys

Also Jesus Christ D&D please stop being the easiest forum to troll. You don't have to respond to every idiotic post that has the word gun in it, especially when its a super obvious drive by shitpost.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
To use a very old Something Awful saying:

GET IN THE JAIL

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Roland Jones posted:

Broken clock, etc.

Also, nthing that Mark is the hero of this and is an awesome person. The trolling last night was hilarious but him talking down Fry is amazing, I hope he gets a promotion or some sort of recognition for his work on this because, wow.
Oh, I know, I just find it interesting (and sad) that Fry clearly had the depressed insight to tell that the Christian bullshit was Christian bullshit, and the insight to tell that Reddit was a noxious pool of faeces as well, and the insight of saying that what the SovCits were doing was being ISIS-wannabes, with the clear accent on wannabes - but all that it ended up doing was giving him absolutely no ingroup. We've seen the amazing rationalising and self-delusion when Sean and Sandy (and Gavin/KrisAnn) convinced themselves that the surrender was not a surrender, but a victory. Fry couldn't even self-delude himself into thinking that Reddit were his people, even though he's otherwise a perfect fit.

Mark is totally going to be the handsome male lead of the Hollywood version. They will absolutely give him a hot blond wife and a six-year-old daughter (he'll kiss before leaving for Oregon), even if he's single in real life.

e: if he's gay, it's about 50-50 if they give him a hot blond wife or a hot blond husband. The daughter stays.

meristem fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 12, 2016

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

This has all been handled incredibly well and I take everything back I said about the feds dragging their feet on this one.
Who they got has been incredible, and they did it all without killing anyone except for Tarp Ghost's suicide by cop (~and nothing of value was lost~)

I hope they pull out RICO guns on the scumbag politicians and corporate entities that have been fostering and egging on yokel haram, but even if they just smoke everyone they have in now, I'll be happy as an illegally-grazing cow.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sov city bitch
Sov sov city bitch
Ten ten ten freemen on your land bitch
200 years deep no consent on the guest list
I'm a traveller on the land don't you know who i am bitch?

Defenestration posted:

Judge at law, you don't know who you fuckin' with
Got my OTHER bitch don't gently caress with my other bitch
Campin' all night, nigga we ain't take a poo poo
Niggas send too much lube, I ain't sellin' it

Thank you both. This is amazing.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
According to KrisAnne's facebook, she did nothing, it was THE LORD, working through her who saved David.

Of course her facebook feed is then full of people spouting about how HE knew what tool to use, or how she was blessed to have had HIM move through her.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PST posted:

According to KrisAnne's facebook, she did nothing, it was THE LORD, working through her who saved David.

Of course her facebook feed is then full of people spouting about how HE knew what tool to use, or how she was blessed to have had HIM move through her.

Holy crap it's creepy whenever they talk like that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODGXw0AZX4

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

PST posted:

She nearly either pushed him to suicide or getting gunned down by the FBI several times as I listened to it, so gently caress her for not knowing what she was doing and making a bad situation even worse.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

In the end all the power of the LORD was nothing compared to a cookie and the promise of pizza from the prophet Mark of FBI. Hallelujah.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So people keep talking about all the militia members/whatever they arrested going away for ever, but it seems like so far they've only been charged with "conspiracy to impede officers of the United States", which doesn't seem to carry a crazily steep penalty considering:

quote:

If two or more persons in any State, Territory, Possession, or District conspire to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office, trust, or place of confidence under the United States, or from discharging any duties thereof, or to induce by like means any officer of the United States to leave the place, where his duties as an officer are required to be performed, or to injure him in his person or property on account of his lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or while engaged in the lawful discharge thereof, or to injure his property so as to molest, interrupt, hinder, or impede him in the discharge of his official duties, each of such persons shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six years, or both.

So are they going to be dropping more charges on them? Can they, at this point? I don't know jack poo poo about law but if a bunch of them just get off with a fine that seems hosed.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Aesop Poprock posted:

So people keep talking about all the militia members/whatever they arrested going away for ever, but it seems like so far they've only been charged with "conspiracy to impede officers of the United States", which doesn't seem to carry a crazily steep penalty considering:

So are they going to be dropping more charges on them? Can they, at this point? I don't know jack poo poo about law but if a bunch of them just get off with a fine that seems hosed.

Everyone who gets "conspiracy to impede" will have their entire lives pored over by the FBI and whatever state/county/municipality they live in, and they will drop the hammer on everything that's found out. Illegal guns, tax evasion, driving without plates/registration/insurance; anything and everything these idiots have done in the last thirty years that's in any way illegal will be brought against them on every applicable level.

Note: good lawyers are not cheap, and I expect they will not get a spirited representation by a public defender.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Huh, I'd only seen the back angle photo, and had just assumed he was "sniping" with $3k of high-speed gear. But from this angle, looks like he has a Saiga with iron sights and some Tapco railz?

For non-gun/mil people, this is like having the "street racer" on your crew tooling around in a stock Honda Accord with an aftermarket spoiler and $50 hubcap covers to imitate rims.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Note: good lawyers are not cheap, and I expect they will not get a spirited representation by a public defender.

No they will and this is a hosed up disrespectful thing to say. PD's defend far shittier people and if they shirk their professional responsibilities it is more likely than not because of the strain on the PD system not because of politics.

Anyway most likely this is going to work like any other case involving a large number of defendants, they're gonna get lower level actors to flip on the leadership in exchange for more leniency and they're probably going to give a fair amount of charges against the Bundy's and others to encourage them to take a plea bargain.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Aesop Poprock posted:

They can add multiple other charges as they discover them. There's obviously criminal damage charges for the state of the place, then whatever they find in their homes and a general conspiracy charge if they tie them into Cliven (some of his charges open him and others up to a RICO case, at which point their whole movement is going to get ripped apart by the FBI).

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
humm well i did give it my all defending this serial murderer rapist cannibal, but these guys did damage to a bird refuge with politics i do not agree with. better just violate my oath and principles - a pd, probably

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Serious question: how do you defend these assholes in court?

They've already proven that they don't think Constitutional law applies to them, a bunch of them are probably on the SovCit side of legal theory. What happens to them when they fire their fourth appointed public defender because he/she won't recite their magic legal spells to get them off the hook?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Serious question: how do you defend these assholes in court?

They've already proven that they don't think Constitutional law applies to them, a bunch of them are probably on the SovCit side of legal theory. What happens to them when they fire their fourth appointed public defender because he/she won't recite their magic legal spells to get them off the hook?

They can choose to defend themselves and get completely hosed but so far the Bundy's themselves have all wanted actual representation and a lot of these people, probably a majority of them, are already felons. So they prolly have a fair idea about the power of the court. Most will not really be defended in court but defended through deals with the prosecutors, though I could see whoever represents David Fry going for a competency evaluation if he's still manic. Just speculating here each of them will have their own strategies and some of these people may indeed go full gold fringe on the court but I suspect the fact that they surrendered means that most understand the gravity of the situation.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jagchosis posted:

They can choose to defend themselves and get completely hosed but so far the Bundy's themselves have all wanted actual representation and a lot of these people, probably a majority of them, are already felons. So they prolly have a fair idea about the power of the court. Most will not really be defended in court but defended through deals with the prosecutors, though I could see whoever represents David Fry going for a competency evaluation if he's still manic. Just speculating here each of them will have their own strategies and some of these people may indeed go full gold fringe on the court but I suspect the fact that they surrendered means that most understand the gravity of the situation.

I want to call right now that I expect Banta to go all gold fringe. In the brief time he was on the call with Fiore the night before the surrender he told her it sounded like she was "leading him down a road." That guy is like a serious Dale Gribble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I would inquire about bets of 'who will be the first to claim 'gold fringe' or ask 'do you have a claim on me'', but I think we can all reasonably guess the answer is 'the first guy they haul into court/speak'.

• Locked thread