Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mostlygray posted:

I had to empty the cup out the window as she filled her blood cup.

Always a fun line to pull out when sharing parenting stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Poetry.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

mostlygray posted:

My staff, when I was a warehouse manager, was told repeatedly, "You must not wear open toed shoes in the warehouse!" We enforced this religiously. We sent people home if they thought they could wear sandals in my warehouse.

The man came in one time when I wasn't there and set about a thousand pounds down on his foot while wearing sandals. He didn't lose any toes, but he crushed them pretty badly. Fortunately, wood pallets are forgiving. People need to learn to refuse to do something if it's not safe. Just say no.

To refer to the above, he never did it again.

One guy who worked in the shop at my last job (we had a manufacturing plant attached to the design offices) lost a full knuckle's length off his ring finger when he left it under a 6 thousand pound assembly jig that was getting leveled and the fork driver lowered it without asking if everyone was clear. Then they didn't clean it up, so to the best of my knowledge there's sill a chunk of bone and finger crushed under the foot of the jig.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
That has to be staged. It's just too perfect.

Here, let me balance my ipad on my head right in front of the escalator.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

veedubfreak posted:

That has to be staged. It's just too perfect.

Here, let me balance my ipad on my head right in front of the escalator.

The best part is he runs over it at the very end attempting to stay standing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Personally I would want my child to tell me quickly and urgently if they were vomiting blood.

What if it's not their blood?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mostlygray posted:

My staff, when I was a warehouse manager, was told repeatedly, "You must not wear open toed shoes in the warehouse!" We enforced this religiously. We sent people home if they thought they could wear sandals in my warehouse.

The man came in one time when I wasn't there and set about a thousand pounds down on his foot while wearing sandals. He didn't lose any toes, but he crushed them pretty badly. Fortunately, wood pallets are forgiving. People need to learn to refuse to do something if it's not safe. Just say no.

I cooked at a resort where the servers had the habit of doing their work in flip flops. I told them over and again, every time I saw them, to not work in a kitchen while wearing flip flops. Then one day there was a broken plate and one of the dumb servers in flip flops cut her foot on a piece of the broken plate and had to get flown out to get stitches.

Somehow this was my fault.

jesus christ that was a lovely job.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Beeswax posted:

Oh boy, looking forward to three pages of people talking about inane traffic poo poo.

Do people ever learn not to do this, I think this is the third different gif of this I've seen.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

One guy who worked in the shop at my last job (we had a manufacturing plant attached to the design offices) lost a full knuckle's length off his ring finger when he left it under a 6 thousand pound assembly jig that was getting leveled and the fork driver lowered it without asking if everyone was clear. Then they didn't clean it up, so to the best of my knowledge there's sill a chunk of bone and finger crushed under the foot of the jig.

I like how the driver gets the blame when the dude put his finger under a 3 ton jig lol

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Elohssa Gib posted:

Do people ever learn not to do this, I think this is the third different gif of this I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfAYnCxkK0

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Basically if you get a job in a place where heavy machinery is operated you should be required to watch Forklift Driver Klaus.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_YoQq-seYU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That's beautiful.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

mostlygray posted:

The Safety guy at my workplace likes to recount stories of one of our sister companies. One time he went over there to teach a safety course for using their manlifts. He gets to the warehouse and he finds one of the receptionists on the manlift, about 15 feet in the air, no harness (a big no no) high heels and a dress. She gets down in response to his yelling and tells him "Oh, its ok, I don't have to worry about all this safety stuff, I do this all the time." For some reason her manager decided not to fire her.

Another guy took out their old Nortel Automatic Call Distributor with a forklift and drops it twenty feet to the concrete, then he lowers the forks and shoves the thing under the shelving. He then goes about his day. Amazingly it still worked after that, just dropped the ocasional call.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

flosofl posted:

That's beautiful.
It's a nice dive, but hell, the use of a taser in that situation seems pretty difficult to justify. It's supposed to be a less-lethal alternative to guns, not a "well, I don't wanna have to run after him."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Strudel Man posted:

It's a nice dive,

You should see all the takes they shot where he didn't get it quite right

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mostlygray posted:

Apropos of this, my daughter is so cool about injuries that she once quietly told me "Daddy, I think I'm bleeding" I turned around to look at her and her shirt was awash in blood. She was vomiting significant amounts of blood as well as directly bleeding (she had her adenoids and tonsils out the week prior).

This really is one weird trick to raising your children that doctors HATE.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Its obviously fake. Still awesome though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What comedy sketch group is this?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

bows1 posted:

Its obviously heavily edited. Still awesome though

FTFY

In the unedited video the cop just shoots him with his pistol, standard protocol stuff really.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ouroborus posted:

The Safety guy at my workplace likes to recount stories of one of our sister companies. One time he went over there to teach a safety course for using their manlifts. He gets to the warehouse and he finds one of the receptionists on the manlift, about 15 feet in the air, no harness (a big no no) high heels and a dress. She gets down in response to his yelling and tells him "Oh, its ok, I don't have to worry about all this safety stuff, I do this all the time." For some reason her manager decided not to fire her.

Another guy took out their old Nortel Automatic Call Distributor with a forklift and drops it twenty feet to the concrete, then he lowers the forks and shoves the thing under the shelving. He then goes about his day. Amazingly it still worked after that, just dropped the ocasional call.

I always wear steel-toed boots working with lifting equipment at work (which isn't common, as I mostly work in the office portion of a training institute more than participating in the crane training/testing itself), but I've found hard hats infinitely more useful in my work with them. I've never managed to get close to a crushed toe, but I pretty regularly bump my head crawling on the cranes hooking stuff up or taking stuff down.

And sometimes people just put the locking pins for stuff on a crane in their pockets and walk away as it gets lifted!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Strudel Man posted:

It's a nice dive, but hell, the use of a taser in that situation seems pretty difficult to justify. It's supposed to be a less-lethal alternative to guns, not a "well, I don't wanna have to run after him."

Yeah, there's no context to the situation, but the cop doesn't even yell for him to stop or anything. Just blasts him.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Midniter posted:

Yeah, there's no context to the situation, but the cop doesn't even yell for him to stop or anything. Just blasts him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNYzzenbe2s&app=desktop

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

What comedy sketch group is this?

White Kids With Cameras Trying To Get YouTube Views. They've got like a billion members, so I'm not surprised you didn't recognize them from that short video

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Vaping worse for you than just smoking

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/02/e-cigs-shut-down-hundreds-of-immune-system-genes-regular-cigs-dont/

quote:

After comparing genetic information swabbed from the noses of smokers, vapers, and non-users of both, researchers found that smoking suppresses the activity of 53 genes involved in the immune system. Vaping also suppressed those 53 immune genes—along with 305 others. Though research on the significance of that gene suppression is still ongoing, the initial results suggest that e-cig users may have compromised immune responses, making them potentially more vulnerable to infections and diseases.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Real schadefreude is running around with Arsetechnica clickbait to a research of questionable value.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
We get it. You hate vapes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HEY NONG MAN posted:

We get it. You hate vapes.

I have no opinion on vapes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh goodie. Another dumbshit derail about vaping.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

What about vaping cannabis?

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Two wrongs don't make a right!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What if its a good thing that it lowers immune systems because it lets the weaker bacteria live instead of these antibiotic resistant bacteria that are all the rage in people who take antibiotics?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Elohssa Gib posted:

Unfortunately, ll of the gifs were from the same day.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
minor schadenfreude: http://gawker.com/staten-island-official-subtly-owns-real-estate-develope-1758811146

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CommonShore posted:

I cooked at a resort where the servers had the habit of doing their work in flip flops. I told them over and again, every time I saw them, to not work in a kitchen while wearing flip flops. Then one day there was a broken plate and one of the dumb servers in flip flops cut her foot on a piece of the broken plate and had to get flown out to get stitches.

Somehow this was my fault.

jesus christ that was a lovely job.

Who the gently caress wears flip flops to work of any sort?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dumb people with 9 toes and a slightly impaired ability to balance.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slugnoid posted:

That was New Zealand :ssh:

Apparently dildos are the new protestors weapon of choice.

it's been done before and done better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbnDr_IbdIU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/ellenhuet/status/698275249884889088

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress wears flip flops to work of any sort?

The owner of some pretty nice restaurants where I live is famous for ALWAYS wearing some sort of open-toe shoe, and shorts if it's anything other than the worst of winter. It's even mentioned in some negative reviews of his places where his bare visible toes grossed out patrons. He will never ever change but I love his place so bring on the toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

The unrelated video of the same guy is fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1iNH7W9SC8