Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

So, uh, PSA: Counterfeit seems like it might have some interesting bugs. Namely that you can restart the printing machine after taking the plates out. And that takes the escape away until the machine is done. At which point the escape is in the machine. Shockingly, you cannot use the printing machine to escape.

Dammit, I want to hop into the magical money printer to get back to the safe house now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

So, uh, PSA: Counterfeit seems like it might have some interesting bugs. Namely that you can restart the printing machine after taking the plates out. And that takes the escape away until the machine is done. At which point the escape is in the machine. Shockingly, you cannot use the printing machine to escape.

Indicator lines for the C4 trap and the escape chopper's various stages of arrival/departure are also bugged. The C4 spawned without a huge pile of cash, but that might be intentional.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

Indicator lines for the C4 trap and the escape chopper's various stages of arrival/departure are also bugged. The C4 spawned without a huge pile of cash, but that might be intentional.

Yeah. All the indicators were bugged, which is probably why we ended up in that position. 40 minutes on DW printing bags of money. We pulled the plates out when we were done, and then couldn't find Bile's indicator anywhere, even though he had announced his presence. Instead, we had the "escape" objective. Cue panic that pulling the plates triggered the end of the mission, causing Bile to leave forever (and us unable to secure the bags). Bile eventually came back, but by that time, the printing machine had already been restarted, even though there weren't any plates in it. That caused the escape to disappear. Once the printing was done again, the escape marker popped up on the machine.

A similar bug allegedly exists on Undercover. Apparently, you have the ability to restart the computer when the power is off. If you do so, it won't actually work. And once you've turned the power back on, you won't be able to fix the computer for real.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So yeah, the remakes are remakes alright. :v: As usual, China Lake needs regular rounds if you DARE go dual GLs for the Undercover cheev. Not sure if the Taxman's deal will go down as planned if you just stay away from sightlines. Also not sure if you can fully stealth Counterfeit, because the "The Neighbors Called The Police" thing feels like an auto-loud alert with none of the stealth things available.

I will say that there might be a missing audio cue? Because yeah, I saw the escape icon when I had a few bags. And Bile was gone. Hotfix SHOULD sort those out, but no rush. It's not like I paid for it.

Three other things: The themes are swapped. I got Three Way Deal 2016 on Counterfeit and Home Invasion 2016 on Undercover, China Lake does indeed have an audio bug. And, DESPITE THE PREVIOUS HEISTS, Death Wish rewards for Undercover are NOT EVEN CLOSE TO $25 MILLION ARE YOU loving WITH ME RIGHT NOW BAIN

Bonus: Hard to pass out when you're on fire :supaburn:

widespread fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 12, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
hey there are fees for that type of transaction

also bain can't count

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

hey there are fees for that type of transaction

also bain can't count

For some reason, that got me to thinking this sequence, but with Bain in Mason's place, and with the numbers replaced with 25 million dollars and whathaveyou.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The China Lake doesn't have an audio bug; it's a problem with your sound replacement mod.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
GoonMod update, let me know if I missed anything in the inventory!

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/26 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.48.x
- Fixed Blackmarket crashes introduced with Update 95 (1.48.0)

Customizer overrides will be updated once the files have finished extracting.

e:
Customizer overrides for the Goat Simulator weapons, and the Wolfpack weapons have been updated.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 12, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I swear to god if you two don't shut up I will turn this printing machine around, do you want that?!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Wilko posted:

GoonMod update, let me know if I missed anything in the inventory!

Customizer overrides will be updated once the files have finished extracting.

e:
Customizer overrides for the Goat Simulator weapons, and the Wolfpack weapons have been updated.

Wilko maybe I'm an idiot, but I have no idea where to find the most recent ovverides. Seems like the only ones I can find are r19.
Seems like I don't have overrides at least as far back as the ninja pack.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 12, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

The China Lake doesn't have an audio bug; it's a problem with your sound replacement mod.

I'm going to diagnose this tonight, but my guess is for anyone who has the problem - delete every sound file related to the piglet. According to one of my friends they got a "favorite weapon: piglet" while using the GL40/China Lake, so I'm guessing a few copy and paste errors behind the scenes.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/698147469700501504?s=09

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Garish_Night/status/698150743287721984?s=09

https://twitter.com/Garish_Night/status/698156036939780096?s=09

https://twitter.com/Garish_Night/status/698173447566979072?s=09

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
ILLEGAL STAT CRIME in my crime game?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
What the hell is he even going on about?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Please do not think poorly of my friend, twitter user @garish_night, for expressing ill will towards him is THOUGHTCRIME and HIGHLY ILLEGAL

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

either a really bad joke or someone is angry about stat boosts and English isn't their first language

hard to say

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

no they think they're actually against the law

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i love this guy he is my friend

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Modular, fires 12 gauge shotgun shells from a revolving cylinder, reload by hot swapping cylinders? Sounds Payday as gently caress to me. :getin:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
What the hell is that?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Crabtree posted:

What the hell is that?

It's like a Pancor Jackhammer and a G11 had some sort of inbred space baby.

e: apparently it's the suppressed version of the Six12 shotgun.

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 12, 2016

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If he doesn't support crime, why is he playing this game

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Crabtree posted:

What the hell is that?

It's the Crye Precision Six12 Modular Shotgun. Suppressed, full-stock, and compact configurations available, or you rail-mount it under the barrel of your AR.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Afraid of Audio posted:

i love this guy he is my friend

you would. :colbert:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

isndl posted:

It's the Crye Precision Six12 Modular Shotgun. Suppressed, full-stock, and compact configurations available, or you rail-mount it under the barrel of your AR.

This sounds like the most tacticlol thing ever

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

widespread posted:

Also not sure if you can fully stealth Counterfeit, because the "The Neighbors Called The Police" thing feels like an auto-loud alert with none of the stealth things available.
I wasn't able to pin down exactly how far you can get, but it's a little different from PD1 at least. You can: Kill the first two cops (arrive via the front door then move left towards the piano room). Then you can :woop: ANSWER THE PHONE :woop: in the kitchen to have Bain mess with the cops. Then another pair of officers walks in via the path between the house and garage and moves for the pool area.

When I killed those two as they were walking near the center fence line, I got a "police detected a dead body" alert and it went loud. :raise:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

I wasn't able to pin down exactly how far you can get, but it's a little different from PD1 at least. You can: Kill the first two cops (arrive via the front door then move left towards the piano room). Then you can :woop: ANSWER THE PHONE :woop: in the kitchen to have Bain mess with the cops. Then another pair of officers walks in via the path between the house and garage and moves for the pool area.

When I killed those two as they were walking near the center fence line, I got a "police detected a dead body" alert and it went loud. :raise:

If this doesn't happen, then Bane will say he started seeing a bunch of 911 calls from the area. It's enough to get the hack done, but I think that's probably about it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I just tried it again and this time got a generic "someone saw something suspicious" alert instead, so I'm guessing that's the end of it. So basically just like PD1, but with the added phone interaction.

Though as I was poking around I found another jewelry spawn and a bunch of loose cash that I didn't know existed until now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
KSP/China Puff is my favorite loadout right now. With fully loaded ace the minimum pickup on the KSP is 21 rounds.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Let some pubbies into Undercover and its kind of funny watching them easily get lost in a big map.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Let some pubbies into Undercover and its kind of funny watching them easily get lost in a big map.

Did any of them freak the gently caress out over vent spawns?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

blues sneaking out of the vent on DW is some bullshit though.

vents should be reserved for nothing but cloakers. Lots of them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

widespread posted:

Did any of them freak the gently caress out over vent spawns?

For the most part they were focused on trying to find poo poo on the roof to kill of all places whilst I naded poo poo around the Taxman. It was kind of funny that we all procrastinated long enough for the limo to catch on fire before we put the drill/saw on it. Does it explode and fail the job if you take too long?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

If it's anything like PD1 it's just a chance that it'll catch on fire. I don't think it affects much beyond smoking up the staircase.

I never had any issues with Undercover in PD1 with or without a limo fire. Alex loving it up (by "doing it right" and putting it on the roof, though...)

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Crabtree posted:

For the most part they were focused on trying to find poo poo on the roof to kill of all places whilst I naded poo poo around the Taxman. It was kind of funny that we all procrastinated long enough for the limo to catch on fire before we put the drill/saw on it. Does it explode and fail the job if you take too long?

I did a pub game of undercover today and they all wanted to camp right next to the limo. they got hit by so many snipers and specials it wasn't funny. total end count for downs by the end was 19, with my only down being from a cloaker.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I never really used it a lot until now, but was the Eagle Heavy always this good? It sits wonderfully in between DMR-kit rifles and the ~40 damage assault rifles that all seem to be rather unstable/inaccurate after the weapon re-balance.

The Gewehr 3 seems to also live in that area, but I haven't used it enough yet to get the dozer achievement. Is it worth unlocking the mods for it?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I did a pub game of undercover today and they all wanted to camp right next to the limo. they got hit by so many snipers and specials it wasn't funny. total end count for downs by the end was 19, with my only down being from a cloaker.

Mine fell through the roof and landed all the way to like the second floor of the building? None of them went down to snipers, but they were just running all over the building when cops to kill would come for the computer room or near the power boxes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fleve posted:

I never really used it a lot until now, but was the Eagle Heavy always this good?

No, it was mediocre before but the rebalance did do nice things for what Overkill seems to be classifying as heavy rifles - Eagle, M308, G3, Falcon.

I think it could use a little something to counterbalance the 20 round mag against the Falcon's 40-round option, like +20 reserve ammo or something, but that's just me.

I would unlock the G3 mods if you can find a friendly teammate to stun dozers with HE for you to sweep up with the G3-to-the-faceplate kills. The DMR kit is pointless, though, just take an M308 or a DMR AMR16 (the AMR-DMR, if you please) but so it goes. To be honest I've had the unlocks for so long I forget what you even get for the 25 dozer kills with the G3. Assault Kit?

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There are a bunch of possible positions for the limo:

1. It can stay on the roof. This was Bain's original plan, and it sucks- sniper central.
2. Alex can gently caress up and drop it on a balcony on the third floor. This is surprisingly easy to defend.
3-5. The limo will drop to one of the interior floors of the stairwell. They're all about the same, and can have fairly intense enemy spawns.