Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!

jerb bush would like to correct this from "abu graib" to "burger king"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Jeb and people like him don't live in the same world as normal people.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I want to see the face of his handlers after he bragged about that.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I hope Rubio gets a comeback/redemption narrative going forward.

And then goes back into full robot mode at a debate.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't know, I don't think it'll hurt him with Republicans since they lust for brown death.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
That quote doesn't matter tbh, torture has broad bipartisan support.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Logikv9 posted:

Floridians ran the prison? Now everything makes sense.

Florida Man strikes again

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/698231571594276866

:getin:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Joementum posted:

If he does well in SC and NV, yes.

Fair enough!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

:wow:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Jeb! isn't hideous in the way Cruz is, but somehow he manages to be less photogenic. No matter where or when, every reported photo of Jeb seems to be catching him the middle of an extremely awkward facial expression or movement.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

:pray:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Wheres that photshopped picture of Jeb and his tiny wife?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

PleasingFungus posted:

He had negative two million dollars* as of last month. It's possible that post-NH fundraising will be able to pull him out of that hole - Kasich is certainly incentivized to say so! - but I would say that money issues are gonna be a big problem for his campaign, yes.

*Technically it's his PACs that are in debt, not his campaign, but that's still not a very good sign.

He could always adopt the Jim Gilmore strategy.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

TheTatteredKing posted:

That's why we should vote in a rich corporate baron that uses cheap labor? The company is the source of the problem in your analogy. Laser focusing on the scabs is stupid.

Trump is in this for himself, for his reputation. He wants to be loved and remembered as the President who made America Great Again, he's not just another lizard person who wants to see his balance sheet go up and doesn't care what he has to do to make it happen. He reminds me of the tyrants of ancient Greek city-states, who fought for the people against the aristocracy and oligarchy.

The corporation might be the source of the problem, but building the wall and deporting the illegals means that the problem is solved - they'll have no choice but to provide fair wages and conditions to Americans.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Joementum posted:

I think there's a greater chance of a Trump nomination than a brokered convention.

By mid-March we'll have Trump and one or two non-Trump candidates. If Jeb! can be winnowed by Super Tuesday, Rubio is probably the nominee, if he isn't, Cruz has a good shot.

I fail to see the case for Rubio at this point. How is he anything but a long shot? What is going to make voters say, "You know, this babyfaced ball of nervous energy and sweat is just the guy we need to nominate." I think Rubio had his "surge" just before Iowa and that will probably be the high point of his campaign.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Even Trump has to know that it would backfire. Ironically, I think the conservative reading of the 'natural-born citizen' clause would indeed exclude Sen. Cruz from being eligible for office. I don't think the SC would rule that way, but chaos does reign, and so we'll see what happens.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I fail to see the case for Rubio at this point. How is he anything but a long shot? What is going to make voters say, "You know, this babyfaced ball of nervous energy and sweat is just the guy we need to nominate." I think Rubio had his "surge" just before Iowa and that will probably be the high point of his campaign.

Because they have nobody else. Rubio can still recover and prove he's the comeback kid.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

:eyepop:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

Because they have nobody else. Rubio can still recover and prove he's the comeback kid.

I thought that was what New Hampshire was for. Maybe I'm overestimating the degree to which he was exposed as a fraud last Saturday, but the people of NH sure noticed it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shakugan posted:

Jeb! isn't hideous in the way Cruz is, but somehow he manages to be less photogenic. No matter where or when, every reported photo of Jeb seems to be catching him the middle of an extremely awkward facial expression or movement.

You don't understand. Extremely awkward is his resting state. Movement justs add lumbering to it.

EDIT: Ugh gross sincere support for a candidate on this page

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

:drat:

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I thought that was what New Hampshire was for. Maybe I'm overestimating the degree to which he was exposed as a fraud last Saturday, but the people of NH sure noticed it.

There are a lot of people who want to vote for anyone who isn't Trump or Cruz. And that role has to be played by...someone? Rubio, Jeb, or Kasich - in that order of likelihood, with big gaps between each in terms of how likely.

Edit: Or Gilmore? Can't forget about Gilmore!

OrangeKing fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 12, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I guess the establishment is just expecting everyone to forget about Rubio's Robot moment? And they're hoping now Christie's gone none of the other candidates will do the same thing to him in future debates.

Let us know if it works out this way with your wife, Boosted.

Jeb!'s donors are too scared to jump to Rubio until Jeb! himself drops out lest they be blackmarked by the Bush dynasty - And right now Rubio doesn't even look like that much of a better pick than Jeb! does

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey guess what that picture made me check out the Abu Ghuraib wiki article again and looks like I'm not sleeping for a while yay

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!

Well there goes that slowly growing ball of pity I had for Jeb! that rises up every once in a while. Thanks for the reminder that you're a vile piece of poo poo Jeb!!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Like brilliant red-white-and-blue bouquets, the first yard signs have popped up in coastal Virginia. All of them say TRUMP on them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TRUMP

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*tweet*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
90% of the case would be arguing with the judge about how Trump has standing.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Abu Ghraib quote won't matter because nothing matters. Surely Jeb still has the second highest chance of being the nominee, dependent on if he can beat Rubio in SC.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Saurus posted:

Trump is in this for himself, for his reputation. He wants to be loved and remembered as the President who made America Great Again, he's not just another lizard person who wants to see his balance sheet go up and doesn't care what he has to do to make it happen. He reminds me of the tyrants of ancient Greek city-states, who fought for the people against the aristocracy and oligarchy.

The corporation might be the source of the problem, but building the wall and deporting the illegals means that the problem is solved - they'll have no choice but to provide fair wages and conditions to Americans.

That's naive on both counts. Trump's tax plan enriches himself and with no estate tax greatly enriches his kids.
No one thinks the wall will work, let alone work completely. It doesn't stop planes boats or tunnels. Regardless that probably just prompts companies to find another way to screw employees out of money, just "hard working Americans" get short changed this time. Unless they're regulated why wouldn't they?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"When I am President, I will make every prison in America like Abu Ghraib, so that criminals know that if they commit a crime, they will suffer" - Jeb!

Jeb! becomes the instant Republican frontrunner.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/trump-ted-cruz-liar-219190

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Will Lynndie England be on the campaign trail with Jeb and W?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

QuoProQuid posted:

He could always adopt the Jim Gilmore strategy.

There's only room for one Gilmore in this race!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Will Lynndie England be on the campaign trail with Jeb and W?
Flanked by German Sheppards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It warms my heart that, instead of attempting to cozy up to evangelicals, Trump's strategy is pointing out that Cruz is a lying sack of poo poo.

Which he is.

Which is great.

This is totally unrelated to the fact that Ted Cruz, by US constitutional law, is a natural born citizen of Canada. Which he is, and nobody has even begun to argue against that fact.

• Locked thread