Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

krushgroove posted:

err...that hasn't been part of the rules for a while, it's actually '2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color' but as I'm trying to catch up with lots of stuff I'll let this slide this time!

OATHS ACCEPTED!
Woops! Thanks for your forebearance oathmeister.

Oath Complete

(Click for ridonkulously enormous).

Also claiming the monthly bonus for soaring because... well it's a loving spaceship. I even printed out a starfield and everything. (It was a super-convenient bonus)

And alongside the Phantom which was the first outing of the scheme. If it weren;t for how horrible these minis are to strip I would redo this, it's really not come out that well with the sole exception of the lightning. But it's fine.

I just need to hit them both with some varnish then dull coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath three Meganobz for February:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got the list of people for the retro challenge! I will leave this up for a couple days... if I missed you send me a message or reply to this post WITH A LINK TO YOUR FINISHED OATH.

nesbit37
nesbit37
JackMann
grassy gnoll
SRM
Lord Hypnostache
LazyAngel
moths
Gareth Gobulcoque
Electric Hobo
Indolent Bastard
Under 15
Under 15
dmnz
Zark the Damned
Galaspar
Uroboros
Signal

Nesbit37 and Under 15 did the awesomest retro things so I'm giving them an extra entry!
In a couple days I will draw 2 names, the first will get to pick one of the two starter sets and the second will get the other one. I hope to get everything in the mail this weekend or start of next week.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 10, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath for February the 1 Mother of Machines, 1 Zero, and 2 Ketsoraki (from Anvil 8 games, 32mm scale).

Zero (the winged guy) will count for the theme this month.
Models are available in the new kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648780792/aetherium-house-ikaru
It also means I might have some more Aetherium to hand out as prizes when this gets fulfilled!

LordAba fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 9, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

Finally got the list of people for the retro challenge! I will leave this up for a couple days... if I missed you send me a message or reply to this post WITH A LINK TO YOUR FINISHED OATH.

You missed mine - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=37#post454813390 (it's the 80s familiar) :)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Oath Addition, 2 Assault Terminators, 1 Terminator Chaplain. 3 Power Claws and 4 Thunderhammer/Stormshields

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 9, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

LordAba posted:

nesbit37
nesbit37
JackMann
grassy gnoll
SRM
Lord Hypnostache
LazyAngel
moths
Gareth Gobulcoque
Electric Hobo
Indolent Bastard
Under 15
Under 15
dmnz
Zark the Damned
Galaspar
Signal

Nesbit37 and Under 15 did the awesomest retro things so I'm giving them an extra entry!
In a couple days I will draw 2 names, the first will get to pick one of the two starter sets and the second will get the other one. I hope to get everything in the mail this weekend or start of next week.

Uroboros posted:

Ultramarine Chaplain

Oath Complete!

Not sure if this model counted as retro, but if it did I'd like to be added.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Added Uroboros and Mr. The Damned to the above list!

Tokimon
Mar 29, 2007
I Tokimon hereby oath to paint a load of 28 mm Dungeon Saga miniatures

3 Zombie trolls, 3 Ghosts, 3 Armoured Zombies, 3 Dwarf Skeletons and all of the base set of heroes.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I knew I forgot something. Am I good to go if my oath for the month is properly timestamped, but I spaced on posting it here until now?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint in the month of February: (1) Savage Orc Big Boss!

Games Workshop, 28mm, zenithal primed. Hopefully this will count towards the "leaping" theme. I might add more later if time permits.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:hb::hb:OCTOBER JUDGEMENT:hb::hb:

3rd place (1point) - Moths

Gotta say I do like the Haley collection quite a bit, and that medusa banner is pretty wonderful, but just look how evil this bastard looks. Particularly the eyes, a great choice of color next to the skin, it makes him look slightly sickened which makes the creepy smile even creepier. The metallic purple armor is also a treat.

2nd place (2 points) - SRM

Job’s a good ‘un. This is one of those conversions that’s greater than the sum of it’s parts. After careful scrutiny the looted elements can be discerned by those with diverse bits-boxes, but the combination is something that immediately reads as a unique silhouette. The paint suits the character perfectly, of course, delivering the requisite oily grime (and slush) alongside enthusiastically mismatched camo.

1st place (3 points) - Germ

I absolutely have to give credit to this color scheme, as these bikes are my favorite use of it yet. Such a limited palette that has so much to say, I feel it’s practically needless to mention how well balanced the colors are. In particular my attention is drawn to the crisp strokes along the canopies and the highlighting of the helmets, which both imply a sort of tinted reflectivity.

Bonus theme point - Dr. Gargunza

Well done, this is as epic as the subject matter. Great use of the whole spectrum, your palette is very consistent throughout. The fade to black at the base adds a nice touch of class too.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!
I'm starting at a new job, so a weak oath this month.

Stupid piece of cat fluff.
I did the Theme challenge with this surprise attacking goblin.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Honour and Tower from Steamforged games (32mm?) for the month of February

After many months I finally got my airbrush repaired. Really looking forward to getting back into the flow.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 11, 2016

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!
I'm starting at a new job, so a weak oath this month.

Stupid piece of cat fluff.
I did the Theme challenge with this surprise attacking goblin.

There's nothing weak about this guy; he's full of character (and, one assumes, vigor).

Slimnoid, Red Shoe, Monoliths...thanks for the compliments! I've been trying to push myself this season, and I'm glad someone likes my efforts. :)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for February The Deathbloom, from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm), and one scratch-built base

Base is primed in Army Painter brown spray, mini is the usual Halford's grey primer.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

judges posted:

This made me really happy! I put a lot of love into that chaos creeper...

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this 28mm WWII Polish platoon HQ section from Warlord Games:

I'd like to make this OATH ADDITION of THREE DEAD FARM ANIMALS from Warlord Games, and these seven transparent orange bases from Wyrd Miniatures:

(I'm going to turn the bases into tokens / markers.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

For February I, Galaspar, oath 5 Space Marines (GW, 28mm)

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath three Meganobz for February:

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, oath for February the 1 Mother of Machines, 1 Zero, and 2 Ketsoraki (from Anvil 8 games, 32mm scale).

Zero (the winged guy) will count for the theme this month.
Models are available in the new kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648780792/aetherium-house-ikaru
It also means I might have some more Aetherium to hand out as prizes when this gets fulfilled!

Uroboros posted:

Oath Addition, 2 Assault Terminators, 1 Terminator Chaplain. 3 Power Claws and 4 Thunderhammer/Stormshields

Tokimon posted:

I Tokimon hereby oath to paint a load of 28 mm Dungeon Saga miniatures

3 Zombie trolls, 3 Ghosts, 3 Armoured Zombies, 3 Dwarf Skeletons and all of the base set of heroes.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint in the month of February: (1) Savage Orc Big Boss!

Games Workshop, 28mm, zenithal primed. Hopefully this will count towards the "leaping" theme. I might add more later if time permits.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Honour and Tower from Steamforged games (32mm?) for the month of February

After many months I finally got my airbrush repaired. Really looking forward to getting back into the flow.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for February The Deathbloom, from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm), and one scratch-built base

Base is primed in Army Painter brown spray, mini is the usual Halford's grey primer.

moths posted:

This made me really happy! I put a lot of love into that chaos creeper...

I'd like to make this OATH ADDITION of THREE DEAD FARM ANIMALS from Warlord Games, and these seven transparent orange bases from Wyrd Miniatures:

(I'm going to turn the bases into tokens / markers.)

Oaths Accepted!

grassy gnoll posted:

I knew I forgot something. Am I good to go if my oath for the month is properly timestamped, but I spaced on posting it here until now?

Hmmm, well as long as the model and post fall within the rules in the OP you should be OK - the timestamp should show what the model looked like at the time you took the picture, after all. Just don't make it a habit, I don't want to have to rewrite the rules to prevent this sort of thing becoming a regular thing.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 13, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
List of people:

nesbit37
nesbit37
JackMann
grassy gnoll
SRM
Lord Hypnostache
LazyAngel
moths
Gareth Gobulcoque
Electric Hobo
Indolent Bastard
Under 15
Under 15
dmnz
Zark the Damned
Galaspar
Uroboros
Signal

... and I rolled an 11 and an 8! Indolent Bastard gets first pick, and moths gets the second. I'll be in touch.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm, well as long as the model and post fall within the rules in the OP you should be OK - the timestamp should show what the model looked like at the time you took the picture, after all. Just don't make it a habit, I don't want to have to rewrite the rules to prevent this sort of thing becoming a regular thing.

Thank you for your forebearance, but I realized if I don't get slapped for it in some capacity, I'm just going to keep being a dope. I'm just going to eat what I've finished so far and start a fresh oath. So:

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath 4 Alguaciles and 1 McMurrough, 28mm Infinity miniatures from Corvus Belli, for February 2016.

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
I, Taft Punk, oath that I will paint these two models in February: Esters and Mash.

They are both from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball game.

In the spirit of funsies, I'll be trying to paint Mash with my non-dominant hand.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I oath one 2nd ed LictoR by GW

Aaaand I finished it already. I was having trouble uploading pictures but this cool dude has been SPEED Painted

poo poo pics, will get better ones in the light tomorrow. The base is only temporary

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Still not being credited with Nov oath.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Monoliths posted:

2nd place (2 points) - SRM
Thank you! I'm really happy with how that vehicle came out.

Also, :orks:OATH COMPLETE!:orks:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete Flying cyber man is the bonus points for jumping people.

The whole group

Pretty fly for a cyber matrix guy; basically that dude from Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future

Katanabots

LordAba fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 16, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, oath this Scourge Oppressor and Harbinger for the month of February. Dropzone Commander, Hawk Wargames, Resin, 10mm.

I'm claiming the soaring challenge here by default, since the Harbinger goes on a flight stand.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

The Pink Horrors are pretty much all con incidentally leaping, so bonus points for that I guess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint during the rest of February

One Burrowing Horror by Reaper Bones (25mm)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! 1 medusa and transport for dropzone commander 10mm and Michelin tenderness by Goblin Forge 28mm.

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, oath for the month of February 1 zombicide zombie (28mm), 12 sister sledgehammer miniatures (warlord, 28mm), 6 scourge dropships and 17 ground vehicles for dropzone commander (10mm)

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 17, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The oath thread never stops giving. I picked up my old lovely painted tomb kings so I can use them in Kings of War, and I found this dude hiding amongst the archers:

I'm pretty sure this thread 6 years ago had something to do with his existence.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Necropunk for February! This is a Malifaux model from the Ressurectionist faction, produced by Wyrd Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

The Bhole. Painted purple for use in D&D as a Purple Worm, but likely will also get used in Frostgrave too.

Maiden Guard. A bit hard to tell on these pics but she has several heart shaped gems.

Reaper Paladin chap.

Anima Robot dude. Hugbot has hugged someone too hard and is now covered in blood.

Russian adventurer dudes painted up as statues, for use in Frostgrave (hard mode version of the Living Statues scenario where they're all Large constructs)

Ork Shaman leaping into action on his Waaagh-energy boar. He has some back story too!

Borzokk was always a bit odd, even by the standards of the other Weirdboys of his tribe. He was never any good at channelling Waaagh energy into destructive powers, the most he'd get is the odd spark or flash of light rather than the powerful energy beams produced by his peers. The sole exception was his Waaagh Konstrukts - producing these came naturally to him, perhaps too naturally.

One night after a particularly unpleasant accident resulting in the Boss' favourite pet squig getting squished under a giant glowing foot, Borzokk was in trouble. The Boss was enraged, bearing down on him with his kustom power klaw. Seeing no escape Borzokk covered his head and waited for the deathblow.

Several seconds passed. Then a few more. Wondering why he wasn't yet dead, Borzokk opened his eyes and was shocked to see a glowing boar in front of him, standing over the prone form of the Boss. After a moment's confusion it dawned on Borzokk what happened - his survival instincts had kicked in and created this new Konstrukt to protect him. Thinking quickly Borzokk studied the patterns of Waaagh energy in the beast and realised how to repeat it. Borzokk grinned - this new power was gonna be fun!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath Complete!

Journal is the broken heart on the banner.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath four miniatures by Mantic games 28mm - One Loka Air Rook, One Loka Air Bishop, One Mars Attacks Giant Ant, and One Supreme Leader.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's try and get this Hadross starter finished.

Oathing three Deepmen, Torvash the Bannerman, and a Deep Caller. CMON, 28mm.

Oath Addition of a WHFB Coven Throne:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Decided I wasn't going to able to squeeze anything else in this week, so will save further oathing for March. The Deathbloom here, is obviously my technical Journal - some issues with lighting here as I was too lazy to grab my other lamp.

The base came out even better, water effects and all; here's a shot with its eventual (and already magnetised) occupant - all this is mostly so that it can actually fit in melee, Wrath of Kings works off base size for melee range, and the dragon pretty much completely disregards such petty concerns. So I smooshed it's claws into the greenstuff layer, and drilled 2mm magnets into the dragon's feet and the base itself.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
As I am up to my elbows grappling with painting laser cut MDF buildings, I'm oathing late and low this month.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of February Commissioner Gordon for the Batman Miniatures Game. 32mm by Knight Models.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I, jadebullet, oath one Chaos Space Marine Chosen Champion with Power Sword for February.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!

A group shot with everything, with a terrain cameo from earlier in the season (and a box of eggs that it's too late to crop out.)

I'd like to claim VALENTINE'S DAY BLOOD for the grody clumpy blood effects on those poor cows.

I'd also like to claim I ROLLED A SIX for the objective / jump-off points and markers - I went with transluscent orange so they'd match my Litko counters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
February oath complete!

Overall i'm pretty happy with where my skill level is at after not painting for a few years. The barbarian i'm really happy with, although the blue recesses look a little off. I think next time i'll mix it with more of the brown to blend it a little better.

The necromancer i painted first and it totally shows. I might scrub him later on and redo it once i get more confident in my painting skills.

• Locked thread