Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Holy poo poo my second FC on Expert!

I'm.... getting better at this game?????

So, what was the first, and what was this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

So, what was the first, and what was this one?

Ugh, both were the Green songs. I think Green is Pure?

The first was the Lily White Expert Song available on JP, the second was Kitto something I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What's weird is that my original stats for the Lily White song was C / Nothing / Nothing, which means I played it once and failed to get even enough combos for a C before.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The Lily White song should be Futari Happiness, but if it's Kitto something, I'd guess Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru, which doesn't seem to be listed on the current rotations. Maybe Mogyutto "Love" de Sekkinchuu?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

The Lily White song should be Futari Happiness, but if it's Kitto something, I'd guess Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru, which doesn't seem to be listed on the current rotations. Maybe Mogyutto "Love" de Sekkinchuu?

Oh right it's probably that.

I am not good with song names.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Oh gosh, I share the same birthday as Hanamaru, zura.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Trouble Busters has joined the ranks of songs I can consistently do well at but always mess up once somewhere, and thus it's yet to be FC'd. It's much less frustrating when a song has a particularly tricky part that trips me up rather than having nothing but my intermittent incompetence to blame.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Yay, I got all 3 Caravan idols. Also, you can get other random rares during the caravan too. Just scored another R Ranko.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So I am getting 2 star cards to max bond, because it gives me heart gems or w/e, but is there any reason to max level them too? Or should I just feed them to my 3+ star girls after i've max bonded them?

also should i combine 1 star idols before using them to practice, or does feeding 2 of the 1 star version give the same amount of XP as 1 of the 2 star versions?

edit Actually i had 4 of the same 1 star idol so I tested it. The 2 star version gives the same amount of XP as the 1 star version, so combining them is actually worse.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 13, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

So I am getting 2 star cards to max bond, because it gives me heart gems or w/e, but is there any reason to max level them too? Or should I just feed them to my 3+ star girls after i've max bonded them?

also should i combine 1 star idols before using them to practice, or does feeding 2 of the 1 star version give the same amount of XP as 1 of the 2 star versions?

edit Actually i had 4 of the same 1 star idol so I tested it. The 2 star version gives the same amount of XP as the 1 star version, so combining them is actually worse.

You get 1 gem for every 25 idols you get to max level. I honestly wouldn't bother if I were starting fresh (though I admit I level everyone to max before I eat them). There are just so many N idols now that they fill up your capacity so quickly.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about SIF. Max leveling counts towards the Album Rewards, which will slowly net you extra loveca. And you have the xp figured out, I'd say.

Edit, gently caress YOU

graybook fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 13, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You get 1 gem for every 25 idols you get to max level. I honestly wouldn't bother if I were starting fresh (though I admit I level everyone to max before I eat them). There are just so many N idols now that they fill up your capacity so quickly.

Alright, thanks.

Different game question:
in starlight stage, what is the speed thing you can change? Is it like a practice mode in guitar hero where it slows down the song?

How does it work?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

Alright, thanks.

Different game question:
in starlight stage, what is the speed thing you can change? Is it like a practice mode in guitar hero where it slows down the song?

How does it work?

It changes the speed at which the notes come down. The pros of speeding it up is that notes are more spaced apart, so dense sections aren't as confusing. It might be harder to catch notes if you're not used to it though. Just pick a speed you're comfortable with.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Allarion posted:

It changes the speed at which the notes come down. The pros of speeding it up is that notes are more spaced apart, so dense sections aren't as confusing. It might be harder to catch notes if you're not used to it though. Just pick a speed you're comfortable with.

oh that seems useful. I've messed up a few times not being able to tell which note comes first

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Please remember, friends: there is not always a guaranteed SR in SIF.

I just wanted fairy Nico :negative:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Is there any reason to play the jp version of Love Live over the English version? I guess you could keep playing and get better the more versions of it you have, but is there any other reason?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

Is there any reason to play the jp version of Love Live over the English version? I guess you could keep playing and get better the more versions of it you have, but is there any other reason?

English version is behind on content

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

English version is behind on content

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Please remember, friends: there is not always a guaranteed SR in SIF.

I just wanted fairy Nico :negative:

A cautionary tale in making sure it's marked with 11-pulls gets you a SR before you pull. Course, I don't think the guaranteed pool has fairy Nico though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

It's a year ahead content-wise, and has features that EN lacks, most notably daily tasks that yields minor things and a love gem each day, and the seal shop, which lets you recycle unwanted idols (EN should get these things in a few months).

I think I started playing JP out of a combination of boredom and an event I was interested in, but at this point I've been playing both long enough that EN has more than caught up to where JP was when I started it. Repeat events for me in EN + Nico UR in JP means that JP has become my main.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The new Nico UR, is a good Nico.

(JP)

Want fairy Nico so bad...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm doing it. I'm downloading Japanese Love Live.

I'm not gonna get the Korean one tho. That's a bridge too far

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

I'm doing it. I'm downloading Japanese Love Live.

I'm not gonna get the Korean one tho. That's a bridge too far

Go for the Taiwanese one. I hear it's ridiculously easy to tier in it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I just started EN Love Live. It bums me out that when I "idolize" the girls, they drop their telescope or book or whatever. They should be able to pursue their interests while still having an idol career.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I just started EN Love Live. It bums me out that when I "idolize" the girls, they drop their telescope or book or whatever. They should be able to pursue their interests while still having an idol career.

but should they pursue them while in costume

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Some of their later idolizations take their interests into account, but I think it's OK to set aside hobbies while performing. I wouldn't go on stage with a daki of my waifu, after all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish SIF had a feature that let you change the cover of an idolized card back to their unidolized form.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I wish SIF had a feature that let you change the cover of an idolized card back to their unidolized form.

:same:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Eli and Nozomi get! Now to idle around till the next events since I've yet to tier in these events.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
So I got chocolate in Starlight Stage. It seems like a full stamina recover?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I'm gonna have to use a Loveca or 2 to get Eli. Still a net gain since I'm probably gettin' 2 from the event rewards anyways.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this is very strong

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

this is very strong

:stwoon: want

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It is a very good and adorable card set.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

So I got chocolate in Starlight Stage. It seems like a full stamina recover?

Oh, there it is, I thought it was a room item and I was wondering where it had gone. Yeah, it's the same as a MAX stamina bottle.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay so I redownloaded SS and the game gave me an idol who shares my birthday.

It knows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YUKI HIMEKAWA.

SHE CALLS.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

YUKI HIMEKAWA.

SHE CALLS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yuki is fun.

Not the biggest fan of her image song though.