Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

yes :gary: made more than one appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

death mask of parp

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
As you can see our mocap technology is so amazing it doesn't know how to make whole chins.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

As you can see our mocap technology is so amazing it doesn't know how to make whole chins.

if you knew as much about game development as chris youd realize how dumb you sound right now

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I look at this and all I can think is they're just making a space version of the musical CATS.

Can you draw out the video as a series of slides on jpgs for me they're the only way I can be sure no one receives any sort of royalties from my viewing it?!

Too much effort for the same footage you've been seeing for the past 4 years, give or take a few British guys.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm surprised the BBC didn't do a bit more digging into the best saleswoman in the world and how awesome and talented she is???? way to miss the real scoop like usual BigBlackCocks.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Visions of the stimperor :worship:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chris verified that they shot for 66 days, so at $50K per day (the upper limit of what CIG themselves said mocap costs) that's $3.3 million.

Also it's amazing how blatantly CR refers to it as a movie.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm surprised the BBC didn't do a bit more digging into the best saleswoman in the world and how awesome and talented she is???? way to miss the real scoop like usual BigBlackCocks.

I like how when they named the stars in the mocap garbage they omitted her hahaha she must be so butthurt that she's not a real actress.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
In so many ways, SC is like a Quake 2 mod that never got finished, just scaled up thousandfold. Some updates on the website, some unrendered model of a gun, a lovely demo that actually ends up being the only version that ever sees the light of day.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm really loving sick of gaming/news outlets writing these fence-sitting pieces where they copypasta CIG's horse poo poo press releases, throw out a couple of chickenshit half-swipes at the obvious catastrophe in progress, then peace out like "we'll see, heheh, hope CIG makes a good thing! Byeee!"

Either don't give them any press at all, or write an article that at least dares to LOOK at the giant beached whale in the room. I mean I get it, journos gotta eat and they eat ad revenue, but jesus christ, has journalism ever been less useful?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318125/what-age-range-is-this-game-aimed-at

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

These are the people who love Watch_Dogs for its story. It all makes sense now.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

these guys must be psyched for the stimpire patch

also active slave trading is only medium

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Xaerael posted:

But should it be green energy? I think a perfect Stimpire would run on power generated by people forced to run in giant hampster wheels under threat of a really nasty Chinese burn if they stop. The chinese burn would be applied with a lawnmower.

They should also get burns if they don't stop, because this is the stimpire.

Samizdata posted:

What? Only ONE second?

A second is a long time to live in the stimpire.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Happy Sisyphus posted:

also active slave trading is only medium

Elite has active slave trading so they have to outdo it at all costs.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318077/vr-support-for-squadron-42-seems-be-canceled

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Someone invite this man to the stimpire

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
did you guys seriously buy vanity emoticons of your avatars

:byob::protarget:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

'i visited the Stimpire and all I got was horribly maimed'

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Eonwe posted:

Someone invite this man to the stimpire

As an army vet, the "I want to see poo poo that gives me PTSD" in that poll really pisses me the gently caress off. gently caress off you spergling piece of poo poo. I wish the purge was a real thing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

Yeahhhhhhhhh, no. Means EXACTLY that. I say this with all due love and respect, mind you.

Quit killing my DREAMS!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goobs posted:

As an army vet, the "I want to see poo poo that gives me PTSD" in that poll really pisses me the gently caress off. gently caress off you spergling piece of poo poo. I wish the purge was a real thing.

Yeah joking aside its pretty hosed up

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i thought they already had ptsd from eve online????

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6353120/#Comment_6353120

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

this dude just complained about CoD being a 10 hour cutscene and said he was excited for squadron 42 in the same breath

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Gilganixon posted:

to the stimpire with your smilies

and not one of the good stimpires either, i'm talking about the fourth one

speaking of:

The saga continues!

WHATEVER WILL BECOME OF OUR BRAVE CREW

hail the stimperium

Yeeesssssssssss. Do more!!!!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

YellerBill posted:

Elite has active slave trading so they have to outdo it at all costs.

Oh, the implication of what you can do in Elite are much, much worse. They don't tell you or show any images, but when a mission call for delivering "2 tons of highly illegal Nerve Gas agent" to a rival station and that the moment you hand them over the station go to civil war, you can pretty guess what just happened.

Carrying Imperial slaves (who are if i recall correctly from the lore more like indentured servants) are pretty tame compared to picking up escape pods and handing them over to Pirates for credits or supplying factions with names like "New Dawn" with nerve gas and nuclear weapons by the tons.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

The Kins posted:

It's a weird love-in sometimes in this thread I don't really mind.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i thought they already had ptsd from eve online????

Nah they have pstd. Piss-Soiled-Trousers-Disorder.

Morpheus the magician hypnotises himself so he sees nothing wrong with what's happening.

I'm sorry but what games have less content than what is in Star Citizen right now? How far down to the bottom of the barrel will we need to scrape in order to find some of these games?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Goobs posted:

Anyone who has someone in his/her life, even if "just friends" with even minor PTSD would never wish it on anyone.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

this dude just complained about CoD being a 10 hour cutscene and said he was excited for squadron 42 in the same breath

He also forgives CIG for failing to deliver on their most fundamental gameplay goals because they're promised to accomplish so much more so, you know, :yarg:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

The Kins posted:

I see it as a time saving measure. Before you had to type in context and explanation for shiposting, but now you simply :eonwe:

Want to tell something is sweet and interesting ? Simply :fuzzknot: it and everyone around here understand right away.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

aleksendr posted:

A 85 piece is pretty close to the standard modern symphonic formation, half of those being various strings. If they have the business sense of hiring some eastern Europe city philharmonic like Budapest or Sarajevo they can get a lot of recording time for those american $ and the music will be perfectly serviceable for a video game. Of course if they insist on the best and go for something like the Boston symphonic orchestra they will probably only get politely mocked when they show up with a half scribbled score.

But who play it is not the problem, since no matter who they pick to play their score, no orchestra can make bad music enjoyable. Unless they manage to steal a good composer( a real, honest to goodness composer, not some jumped up sound designer leading a good garage band) from another studio we can only expect a symphonic version of "Full Burn"

Says in the post it's Bratislava :slovakia:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Toops posted:

jesus christ, has journalism ever been less useful?

Who wrote that sergeant giving his commandos a pep talk about rescuing a dude captured by the stimpire? I think it would be funny Plebian lore if the captured dude was a badass with his own (ridiculous) narrative.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
noone's shown interest in a Paul Reiser emoticon but he's used to it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

aleksendr posted:

I see it as a time saving measure. Before you had to type in context and explanation for shiposting, but now you simply :eonwe:

Want to tell something is sweet and interesting ? Simply :fuzzknot: it and everyone around here understand right away.
What's the emoticon for spending $60+ on GIF files so that you can better mock people who spent money on JPEGs?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

Yes I did

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Toops posted:

I'm really loving sick of gaming/news outlets writing these fence-sitting pieces where they copypasta CIG's horse poo poo press releases, throw out a couple of chickenshit half-swipes at the obvious catastrophe in progress, then peace out like "we'll see, heheh, hope CIG makes a good thing! Byeee!"

Either don't give them any press at all, or write an article that at least dares to LOOK at the giant beached whale in the room. I mean I get it, journos gotta eat and they eat ad revenue, but jesus christ, has journalism ever been less useful?

Untangling the hot mess that is Star Citizen is a nightmare for someone working in an industry that generally gives you an extremely short turnaround on a story designed to nab some interest and move you along.

I'm fairly certain that if someone were to write that article for them that they could generate some interest. Maybe. Unless CIG's temper tantrum was enough to make publishers wary, despite their utter lack of followthrough.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

What's the emoticon for spending $60+ on GIF files so that you can better mock people who spent money on JPEGs?

The one where I don't care probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I clicked EightAce's post history and read the most recent page and man that poo poo is dark. Like, I know the entire point of this thread is to make fun of how hosed this whole thing is, but...this poo poo is hosed. CIG are some immoral bastards if he's even kind of right about the future of this game. I feel legitimately sorry for all the true believers who have donated astronomical amounts to this poo poo.

• Locked thread