Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the wing gundam is able to fly because it has hollow bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

IIRC, they are made of metal, yet act like normal bird feathers. Because the Wing universe runs on raw batshit insanity.

If only Rau had existed in Wing instead of SEED, he might have felt content with the world and let everyone live.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NikkolasKing posted:

If only Rau had existed in Wing instead of SEED, he might have felt content with the world and let everyone live.

Nah, he'd have started his own Rau Faction to fight another civil war in OZ/Romefeller and then done the same speech he did to Kira to Heero, except Heero would have shot back and it would have been beautiful.

Edit: Listen to his words (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpN1r-C_CM, and don't watch the video, it's the most horrendous thing I've ever seen) and then imagine a three-way battle between him, Heero and crazy Zechs. :allears:

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 13, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ocarina of Time came out for the N64 while Wing was airing on Cartoon Network so I always imagined Link was hitching a ride with Heero when he did fast travel.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
HOWEVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7OSeEMxDKE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The way he says "in the name of justice...and peace," and the way it sounds like he's spitting as he says peace. I always loved that. This narrator knows the truth, and he ain't happy about it.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I've never liked the WZC, I really don't like the angel wings.I'm fond of the Wing Ver Ka with its much more vibrant colours though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nah, he'd have started his own Rau Faction to fight another civil war in OZ/Romefeller and then done the same speech he did to Kira to Heero, except Heero would have shot back and it would have been beautiful.

Edit: Listen to his words (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpN1r-C_CM, and don't watch the video, it's the most horrendous thing I've ever seen) and then imagine a three-way battle between him, Heero and crazy Zechs. :allears:

I think the most amazing result might be sending him against Mikazuki.

Someone like Loran might try to argue with him.

Mika would just shrug, stab him in the cockpit, and maybe think about it later.

I mean, his response to the standard "You like killing!" was "Huh. Maybe. But you need to die, so it's not like that's a bad thing here." before bisecting a dude.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

The way he says "in the name of justice...and peace," and the way it sounds like he's spitting as he says peace. I always loved that. This narrator knows the truth, and he ain't happy about it.

I absolutely love that as well. I was just watching that narration video yesterday too.

RIP, Mr. Lane. You were excellent.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I would absolutely love this. Just somehow work General Septim in there and it's perfect.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Thunderbolt really is great. That second episode was grim as hell.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just finished watching War in the Pocket. :smith:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enjoying Hamburgers are we?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

weekend at bernie's

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

weekend at bernie's

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

holy poo poo lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:thumbsup:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Dangerous Person posted:

Thunderbolt really is great. That second episode was grim as hell.

is it :filez: to ask where to watch it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muike posted:

is it :filez: to ask where to watch it

Only if the answer is :filez:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Its on the official Gundam Youtube channel. (Gundam.info)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Azran posted:

I just finished watching War in the Pocket. :smith:

Don't worry, the next OVA will have even cooler Mobile Suits!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Its on the official Gundam Youtube channel. (Gundam.info)

Not for me, my man

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

muike posted:

Not for me, my man

:smith::respek::smith:

Same here. I haven't seen anything from Gundam Info since that ginormous Age dump and the occasional IBO.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's weird that they aren't putting it up on Daisuki like they've been doing with The Origin. Even Daisuki is a much better option than being buried in a Youtube channel that few know about.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh god daryl D:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

oh god daryl D:

Honestly, since they're already at the point where he can seemingly control a MS as an extension of his body via his prosthetics, assuming both he and the professor survive, they're less than five years away from full cyborg limbs, so it's maybe not that dire in the end, maybe? :ohdear:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Honestly, since they're already at the point where he can seemingly control a MS as an extension of his body via his prosthetics, assuming both he and the professor survive, they're less than five years away from full cyborg limbs, so it's maybe not that dire in the end, maybe? :ohdear:

If not then he'll just have to break dance in a Zaku.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
oh my god the moon moon arc was just as dumb as i was warned

That was terrible and I hated it. Please tell me the worst is passed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Xinder posted:

You still have AGE.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Xinder posted:

Moon moon arc isn't that bad.

I liked moon moon. The first ten episodes were terrible and moon moon was a relief for me that the whole show wasn't gonna be scooby do with giant robots.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Moon Moon is pretty goofy fun, considering from now on things are going to be less fun.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Xinder posted:

I liked it more when the opening changed.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DamnGlitch posted:

Moon moon arc isn't that bad.

I liked moon moon. The first ten episodes were terrible and moon moon was a relief for me that the whole show wasn't gonna be scooby do with giant robots.

The idea that less than a century after the development of space colonies, one of the colonies would have a completely ingrained luddite movement and somehow still maintain the colony to livable status is just...really, really dumb. The fact that it was a two-parter and then was referenced as a "lesson about how people can live together in peace" despite being visited in the middle of a holy war was icing on the cake.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Xinder posted:

The idea that less than a century after the development of space colonies, one of the colonies would have a completely ingrained luddite movement and somehow still maintain the colony to livable status is just...really, really dumb. The fact that it was a two-parter and then was referenced as a "lesson about how people can live together in peace" despite being visited in the middle of a holy war was icing on the cake.

I thought it was really interesting and the idea that the colony could still be functional without any support less ridiculous than a boatload of other things in gundam. I really love the idea of a big hosed up colony and advanced technology being forgotten and taken for granted unknowingly though. It reminded me a lot of the megaman legend ruins in some ways.

It's like "cool (dumb) space religion" versus "goddamn kids stealing gundams CONSTANTLY and running off to do poo poo" which is about 70 percent of tomino gundam shows, I'm way cooler with dumb colony luddites.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Moon Moon owned

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Xinder posted:

im also watching though ZZ for the first time and the point where it gets less bad is around ep 20

its still pretty bad tho

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tomino is good at laffs

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My fave ZZ ep is the one that is the entire crossdressing segment from FF7

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Srice posted:

Tomino is good at laffs

Tomino is really good at comedy. It gets overlooked a lot but the dude can be funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Srice posted:

Tomino is good at laffs

Xabungle is funny as hell and more people should watch it!